Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 08:58 AM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:48 AM
Design Competition!
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:40 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by burntToast
Today 08:33 AM
chilling by the water [rc...
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:31 AM

Old March 10th, 2024, 09:21 AM
fatha it's me michael

Bump Policy: 4 Days
My Mood: Paranoid

Default Re: Windy Hills

A tall tri-colored she-cat with blue/green heterochromia.
a light Russian accent [purr after an R]
Purrk(s): Monkey's Paw (wish & withdrawal determined)
Not the most social cat
Maplepaw halted to a stop. There were so many weird scents, and she did not like that. Plus, Lightningstorm was too... cheerful. She did not seem the tiniest bit concerned that they had been sent to a place with birds of prey. Birds of prey! Those things were bigger than any cat! Maplepaw did not know what Fallownose had been thinking. Perhaps Lightningstorm was right about the deputy being annoyed.

Maplepaw lifted her head to sniff the air, and a familiar scent touched her nose.

It smelled exactly like...
The ogres.
Uh oh.
She glanced at Lightningstorm. "Smell.. scent?" Yeah, as if the medicine cat would understand what she was saying.

33/100
@Alchemist Kitsune [the ogres = minks!!]

Skeleton you are my friend,
but you are made of bone.

my characters | my carrd

Last edited by wendigo; March 10th, 2024 at 10:03 AM.
Old March 11th, 2024, 04:16 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Active | Mind Reader - Active

Lightningstorm's jovial mood left her features the moment the apprentice decided to head off ahead of her. Alright, so it seemed this one wasn't even going to hide the open apathy. She didn't mind that much. At least she knew what to expect. What she did not appreciate was the bloody little rat heading off on her own as if the medicine cat hadn't even been there. Usually WindClanners turned to warriors before they started to display such obvious self-centeredness, but she supposed Maplepaw was simply starting out on what no doubt would be an outstandingly narcissistic warrior career from a young age. Ugh... this is why she did not understand why the few cats that seemed to show any concern for her hinted at the need to interact with the cats of WindClan. The less she associated with her future killers, the better, as obviously displayed here. Made her rethink the fact that maybe Fallownose's intention here was to annoy her and not the brat she'd been landed with. And to think she had been reminded of Cowtuft for a moment there...

Her mind reeling with a few thoughts on the quiet, boring trek towards Windy Hills, the lithe calico was mindful enough to keep her eyes to the sky. It seemed she had been gifted from a young age to not be targeted by predators, having never really to keep an eye out for foxes, badgers... even bees seemed to mostly accept her presence. It was funnily enough only cats tearing her to bits that she had to concern herself with. Despite this, however, she had an apprentice with her today, and her feelings on the she-cat's attitude aside, she wasn't about to lead her straight to the mouth of the wolf. She left that sort of cowardice to the actual warriors of the clan.

The wiry framed molly almost missed it. The slow build up of musk in the air. Before Maplepaw spoke, however, Lightningstorm's hackles were already on end, storming eyes scouting the perimeter to the best of her ability. There was hardly a scant place to hide in these hills, and the lack of treaded pathways let her know they were safe... for now. One thing was clear, she recognized this scent well. It was on all of her patients from before. The ones that had depleted her herb storage so. Blast! She had been hoping to send out herb patrols once she was back from this little hunting venture... but now she had to keep an eye out for these beasties as well?

She hadn't forgotten her companion in her discovery, but the first two words uttered by the tricolor she-cat earned a stern look. The apprentice might not have been among the injured during the scuffle with the creatures... what had Twilightstar called them? Minks... Still, the scent was probably enough to trigger some sort of revulsion if not outright panic after that hell. True, there wasn't much display of fear on the paw's exterior, but the fact that she had deigned it necessary to speak at all spoke volumes to the Abyssinian mix.

"Fraid so. It's faint. Certainly a lot fainter of a scent than you lot left all over my den after that patrol. If I had to guess, they either passed by or scouted and left. Should be safe for now. No more heading off on your own, though, love. You keep close to me, and if something happens, you bloody flee. Now... can I assume the disappointments that pass for warriors in your clan have taught you how to hunt, or should we go over the basics?" Lightningstorm mewed, her voice crisp and businesslike, the teasing tone gone as she raised a brow in the paw's direction.

Truthfully, she had no illusions as to this apprentice's potential to get hurt attempting to save her. Maplepaw had returned back to camp unhurt when so many others had been torn to shreds. She had obviously not been thrilled at having been sent hunting with the medicine cat, her actions thus far having spoken louder than any words could. No, if the minks showed up, the healer would have to do her best to call attention to herself, yes, but only because predators seemed to ignore her as a rule, not because Maplepaw would be playing the hero. She had no doubt that the second she could, the apprentice would run back to camp and leave the spotted molly to her doom. Still... best make certain that was the case. The bitter lass refused to have another apprentice's death in her presence if she could help it.

@wendigo [Maplepaw]
| Uncertain if Maplepaw has had any hunting training or not, and if not, since there is no threat in this patrol I figured Lightningstorm could give her some basics. If not, we can have them hunt here before Lightningstorm leads the way back! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old March 11th, 2024, 05:15 PM
fatha it's me michael

Not the most social cat
Maplepaw glanced back at Lightningstorm when they spoke. Hunting? Well... the past two mentors that she had (which had basically taught her nothing except what birds were) either went missing, or they died. Mistyfalls, she could understand, but Redwhateverhisnamewas? The coward couldn't even handle an apprentice. But, the incompetent mentor did show her the obvious when it came to training, like keep your tail elevated, make sure the wind is going the opposite direction to keep your scent away from prey... yes, everyone should know all that. But the rest? Well, her mentors were gone before she could actually learn how to hunt. But... should Lightningstorm know that? Maplepaw was always taught to not let others know about her weaknesses. Always keep them to yourself. But, Lightningstorm was the medicine cat. Why would they do anything?

Before responding, Maplepaw dipped her head and whispered as a way of saying "sorry." She had already made one stupid mistake. No more shall be made. After all, who was she to march off, trying to lead a hunting patrol? So, for a few moments, Maplepaw was silent, hoping the medicine cat had gotten that she was apologizing, before her head went back up. "Not.. rrreally." She responded. Maplepaw was thinking of apologizing again. For three--almost... whatever was after three--moons, she was just... there, with no knowledge on how to actually hunt whatsoever. It then took her a few more moments to process that Lightningstorm had called WindClan warriors "the disappointments," which almost surprised Maplepaw. She had never heard such words come out of a WindClanner's mouth when describing their own clanmates. But, Maplepaw did not react in a bad way, nor did she react positively. She kind of just... accepted it.

35/100
@Alchemist Kitsune [figured I could try to write a long post back
also, no, Maplepaw has not been taught the basics!!
(also I'm sorry for having maple go ahead without lightning!!
(also could lightning rub off a little of her thoughts on maple? ))]

my characters | my carrd

Last edited by wendigo; March 12th, 2024 at 05:43 AM.
Old March 13th, 2024, 04:47 PM
Crunchy Leaves

[CENTER]

| Lightningstorm |

The raised brow quirking upwards more as Maplepaw dipped her head in apology, Lightningstorm pondered for a moment before releasing a small breath of air. Prior to this whole... mess... she had never been one to hold on to grudges. Cats did things that annoyed others all the time, herself included. The apprentice was potentially aware now of why the adults went ahead first, what with the stench of mink in the air. And the... general lack of hunting training. Honestly, what were WindClan warriors thinking? Maplepaw was not a new apprentice. Young, but not newly apprenticed for certain. She should at the very least know the very basics by now. Even she had been taught at some point, and medicine cats were taught neither hunting nor fighting as part of their apprenticing curriculum. No time to learn how to survive when you were being trained to make sure the other arseholes didn't go about killing the clan with sheer stupidity.

Maybe it was just a vicious cycle at this point in time? So many apprentices had been trained by the typical WindClan narcissist that they in turn started to become that. What else could you do when you were being taught that incompetence reaped rewards, considering how useless the mentors were being of late? Perhaps she could break that mold, if only a little bit. Showcase that not all cats who earned their name went by life coasting on doing the bare minimum. That warriors should be ashamed at having a medicine cat have to go out and do their work for them. A mollifying thought, or so it would have been if the healer thought for a second that WindClanners had a shred of shame left in them. After their little display during her mentor's exile, she was of course certain they didn't. Still... she promised she would help the clan. This might not be healing in the traditional way... but ridding the clan of laziness seemed like something she could get behind.

"Suddenly starting to understand why Fallownose sent me out to go hunting, then. Tsk tsk, and here I thought he was trying to annoy one of us, when it's just that the clan is suffering from head-up-the-arse syndrome," Lightningstorm mewed in an overly exasperated voice, her face a mask of despair for a moment before her whiskers twitched, the hints of a grin tugging at the corner of her lip.

"Right then, no time like the present to take care of your hunting skills. First... you need a solid crouch. Now, I get it. WindClanners, fast cats. Known for their speed and for running after their prey. But rabbits and hares are a lot faster than cats, love, and for everything else? They don't need to outrun you. Just find a small hidey hole or fly away. Stealth is key. The less you need to run, the less energy you expend, the more successful your hunt is. Now... see here?"

In a well practiced motion, the oriental mix got low, wiry limbs bent as the healer crouched, large ears being the only thing remaining straight. Alert. Checking for noises that would be vital to not miss. Her tail twitched behind her, low to the ground as it swayed without touching the ground, helping her keep balance. Even as she crouched, she opened her maw, tasting the air for any hints of prey. The mink scent, overpowering as it was, did not completely wash away the taste in the air of critters in the area. Birds, rabbits, and mice were all around them. She considered divulging this information to the apprentice, but decided against it. Best have her try and see what she could find on her own.

"Now... I've found that when it comes to the crouch, no amount of verbal explanations will help much, but as you can see, you want to bend low, no fur touching the ground. As little noise as possible. Use your tail for balance, but do not have it touch the ground. The slightest shift of dirt, rustling of leaves? It can leave you without prey. Remember, different prey rely on different senses, but it's always wise to stay well hidden and against the wind, just to improve your chances. Try it out, and once you feel comfortable, take a good taste of the air. Don't just smell it, that mink musk is far too powerful. Do you think there's prey around here?"

@wendigo [Maplepaw]
| Oh, no worries! Lightning is just being a bitter, paranoid kitty of late! It's all good! Figured we can have Lightning give Maple a quick hunting rundown and maybe even have Maple catch her first prey? They can then go around hunting some more - up to you if you want Maple to catch something or not, no worries - before they head back? I'll ask for an extension so that Maple can get some training down if it takes a bit, no worries!

And yeah, absolutely! Maybe the two can bond over their disillusionment on WindClan as a whole? |

Old March 14th, 2024, 06:11 PM
fatha it's me michael

Not the most social cat
Maplepaw blinked at Lightningstorm as they spoke. Wow, those were a... lot of opinions spilt over. She could almost agree with some of it. WindClan did have a lot of self-centered cats who wouldn't give a foxdung if somebody died, yet would absolutely shred you if you didn't agree with them. It honestly felt good to relate with someone. The last time she had? Well.. she was 3 moons old. A child. How many moons ago was that? She couldn't do the math. six moons ago but shh don't tell her Wait, Lightningstorm was explaining something? Maplepaw turned and listened as the medicine cat explained hunting to her. Huh, so WindClanners didn't always run? Well, nobody had told her that. Why was it the medicine cat's job to do it, when they were supposed to heal cats? This just added onto her list on why she didn't trust WindClan anymore.

Maplepaw crouched low to the ground, making sure her belly or tail didn't brush the floor, before she looked up into the air and sniffed. Eugh! The ogre's scent was so strong--and disgusting! Shaking her head, Maplepaw opened her maw. The ogre's scent was even stronger, but now there were more faint scents. There was one familiar scent... and that was rabbit. There were other scents that Maplepaw hadn't smelled much, like eagles which did kind of alarm her and mice. But who would eat mice? She wouldn't. Those were for ThunderClan. Taking a deep breath, Maplepaw glanced up at Lightningstorm, staring at them. Come on. For some reason, the words wouldn't come out of her mouth. It was like her throat had closed up, not allowing any sound to come out. Shaking her head, Maplepaw opened her maw, and one thing came out of her mouth. "Rrrrabbits." Well, at least she could get that out. There was way more prey, but Maplepaw was not saying anything more.

38/100
@Alchemist Kitsune [yes omg they could!!!!]

my characters | my carrd
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:50 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

The medicine cat kept an eye on the apprentice as she crouched and found herself pleased. It was clear that the paw was a quick learner, her talents being wasted on less than competent mentors. No wonder she had bound off on her own when they'd first started on this patrol. Maplepaw had no doubt had it up to her ears with the continuous disappointments that somehow kept getting promoted to warrior when the only rank change they should be seeing was to loner or kittypet. She still did not blame the leader for Cowtuft's exile... she understood why it'd had to happen... But she would never forgive the plethora of worthless cats that kept plaguing the clan and somehow kept getting away with doing little more than drain their resources and have every little thing done for them. Loathe as she was to admit it, they needed more cats like Bravebird and Silverpaw in their ranks. Hell, some more Leechscars wouldn't be bad, even if the tom had been planning how to feed her to badgers for the moon they had training together. In his defense, she had kind of deserved it.

Almond eyes on the tortoiseshell and white feline as she tasted the air, a small snort of amusement escaped her as it became clear the musky taste did not agree with her. It was most certainly an unpleasant stench, Lightningstorm could agree to that much, but after having been dealing with injuries, infection, illness, herbs, and death itself for so long, scents like these did little to faze her anymore. Yet another side effect of the path she'd chosen in life, she supposed. And yet, even through the reeking musk, the young molly clearly caught the trail of something... or somethings if the healer had to take a guess. There was something about the way she spoke that made the lithe calico believe that this she-cat was holding back, not letting her know everything she picked up on. For what reason, she hadn't a clue... but she wouldn't be bothering with prying for more yet. Rabbits was good enough of an answer for now, in any case.

"Right you are, Words. Rabbits can be found just about anywhere around WindClan. Rabbits and hares. It's important to know the difference, innit? Rabbits are smaller. Rounder. Slower, but only just, and really, it doesn't matter, as they are quick to scamper off to their warrens. You want to get as close as you can to them and try and kill them before they can get to their hiding holes. Teamwork usually assures a more successful hunt when it comes to the critters, but of course, that requires proper clanmates, now don't it?" the healer mewed, offering a cheeky smirk before she continued.

"Hares on the other paw are big, muscular, and fast. Real fast. They don't hide, but good luck catching up to one once it gains enough momentum. Now, with rabbits, you want to crouch low. Use your senses. Your ears, your eyes, your nose. The rabbit is going to be using all it has to defend itself, and you have to stay ten steps ahead. Now... we are on a hunting patrol, not a training session, and we do need to head back with prey, but I'll tell you what. You take lead here and find this rabbit. Show me how well you can track it down. I'll follow behind. If you can't catch it, there's no problem now, right? It's just your first try, and I'm not heartless enough to expect perfection. I'll try and ensure this first hunt is successful if I see it's about to get away. But who knows? If you can catch this one, might just get lucky and catch a few more this first hunt. Won't that be something to throw in your mentor's face? A good batch of prey on your first go despite being stuck with 'em?"

There was an undeniable smugness to the healer's grin at these words, a twinkle of mischief in her eyes. Maybe being shown up by other warriors wasn't a big deal for the warriors of WindClan. But being shown up by an untrained apprentice? On her first try? Oh, that would be something, now wouldn't it? Hell, Lightningstorm could still remember Firestorm's face when the healer managed to tie with her on a little hunting competition they'd had moons prior. Back when the tabby couldn't stand to look at the wiry medicine cat's face. She could only imagine the look on Word's mentor's face when the paw came back with a proper haul for the clan no thanks to them.

@wendigo [Maplepaw]
| Well... Maplepaw is officially Words. I am sorry, Lightningstorm might just be dragging her to a herb patrol next. |

Last edited by Alchemist Kitsune; March 15th, 2024 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Formatting somehow went boo!
Old March 17th, 2024, 11:02 AM
fatha it's me michael

Not the most social cat
Maplepaw blinked at Lightningstorm when she called her "Words."
Interesting... nickname.
She had never been called anything but "Maplepaw" before, so it felt a bit weird. But.. it also felt nice, too. A tiny bit of euphoria bloomed in her chest. But wait, Lightningstorm was explaining more stuff. Maplepaw's ears were perked up, one ear listening to the medicine cat and the other towards the sky. just in case an eagle thinks they're lunch.

Maplepaw nodded at Lightningstorm, and started to follow the rabbit scent. As she got closer to the rabbit scent, she started to feel a sense of rubatosis. Yes, the medicine cat did say she would not be disappointed if she did not catch the rabbit, and that catching the rabbit was of little consequence. But, Maplepaw could not help but panic a little. She was close to the age of a warrior. Surely, she would be expected to know how to hunt? Now, the rabbit scent was now at its strongest, and her heart was now starting to beat faster. As Lightningstorm had said, rabbits were slower than hares, but only by a bit, and they had huge ears, so they could also probably hear better. One single misstep, and the rabbit would be off. But, firstly, there were already many noises, and the susurration of the grass and wind were not helping at all. Secondly, this was Windy Hills. Some bird in the sky could call out, and the rabbit would be gone.

She crouched lower to the ground, and got ready to leap. A bit of adrenaline rushed through her. It was either now or never.

Maplepaw waited a few seconds... then she leaped!

She landed directly on the rabbit, and it started to thump its back legs. It took a while, but Maplepaw bit its neck, and the rabbit fell limp beneath her. As she stared down at the dead rabbit, she felt a tingle of frisson. She actually did it. She actually succeeded in hunting her first try. Maplepaw glanced back at Lightningstorm, and the euphoric feeling was back. She was finally learning. She was no longer an apprentice with a lack of skills in hunting; now, she was competent.

39/100
@Alchemist Kitsune [pfft I love "Words"
I've also tried to use a lot of fancy words in my writing,
hopefully it's not too hard to read!!
also, that's okay, maybe "Words" could learn some
herbs from Lightning :0]

my characters | my carrd

Last edited by wendigo; March 17th, 2024 at 11:03 AM.
Old March 18th, 2024, 01:15 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

The healer kept her distance, allowing the apprentice to take lead. Focusing on both sky and ground as she made sure no bird caught sight of them and decided to make a meal out of them. She wasn't about to scare the paw any more than she had to by reminding her to keep her wits about her, though. In truth, with Maplepaw not being all that young and the calico being a full grown cat - although just barely, as her mate liked to teased - she doubted that any hawks would try to hunt them. It would take a significantly large bird to take flight with either of them. Still... better safe than sorry, she supposed. Especially considering how well the long furred she-cat was doing so far.

Had her patrolmate not told her she had never hunted before, Lightningstorm wouldn't have suspected a thing. It was instantly clear that despite being a novice, the patched molly had talent. It was a simple fact of her aptitude for learning being squandered by those trusted to make it flourish. Typical WindClanner behavior, as far as the wiry framed lass was concerned. A thought that she was not able to stew on for long, as she found Maplepaw's exhilaration infectious, and couldn't help but grin broadly along.

"Best feeling there is, innit? When your knowledge bears result. Think you have some more hunting in you? To really rub it into your mentor's face? Won't you be having a laugh when you prove to everyone you've got more in ya than that sorry excuse for a warrior? Just think about it. The medicine cat and an untrained apprentice, coming home with more prey than most warriors can be bothered catching in a moon's worth of time. I know I will," she mewed, her smile growing devilishly.

"Now... you know what to do with that rabbit, right? You bury it for now. Don't want to give predators any reason to come round here. We've taken some time out here today, and I don't want to keep the medicine den empty for too long, so what do you say to separating for a bit, Words? Not too far, mind. Have to be able to keep my eye on you. Can't go 'round losing cats that might actually make a good name of WindClan before they earn their own warrior status, now can I?"

Lightningstorm gave Maplepaw an expectant look, not wanting to head off and leave the apprentice alone if she didn't feel comfortable being just a little separated for some hunting time. That would be... problematic at the paw's age, what with one of the perks of earning your name being precisely to have the liberty of going out and about on your own, without having to depend on others to hold you by the scruff like an unwitting kit. However, she understood that there had been some severe dereliction in terms of her learning during her time as a student. It might have potentially tarnished some of that independence that was gained as you improved. But the younger she-cat wouldn't even be able to figure that out for herself if she wasn't given the chance. The medicine cat had been ordering patrols out since she was her companion's age, but her circumstances had not been the same. If the heterochromatic feline needed more time to adjust, she would grant as much. It wasn't like the rest of WindClan would. They weren't known for their considerateness.

@wendigo [Maplepaw]
| It is not, no worries! |

Old March 21st, 2024, 09:18 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

Divided for some time from the younger she-cat, Lightningstorm decided it was time to do some hunting of her own. She was unusually hungry after this unplanned for training session, yet somehow she had to admit that she felt almost as light as the feather she pinned on the base of her tail. It was refreshing to be around company that not only proved your first impressions wrong... but actively seemed to go against the usual flow of stagnant disillusion that composed most of WindClan's ranks. Enjoying the company or not, however, the healer refused to fall prey to the same levels of mediocrity that the cats she had once considered clanmates reached on a daily basis. She caught food for herself daily, she could very well catch food for the bloody rats.

Despite the heavy musk in the air, the wiry framed feline could taste hare in the air. Far from her favorite meal, but definitely something that would feed multiple cats. It would be unwise to stick to the trail. Of course, not a moment after she spotted the hare, she balked. It wasn't just one hare... but two. And to make matters worse, they were... huge. The smaller seemed to be at least twice her size. Stars above... no wonder they looked so relaxed. These hulking beasts would probably have a mink for dinner if they could. There was absolutely no way anything got that terrifying huge on a diet of grass alone.

Tail lashing out behind her, Lightningstorm debated walking away and finding something else but... stars damn it! She wanted to get back to camp and show her mate the two enormous hares she'd caught! While training an apprentice! It would certainly be a throwback to their little competition that day when Kitten had learned she'd gained her full name. She'd thrown such a tantrum, too. After having played nice at her loss, the idea of sharing her name with the medicine cat had been too much for her to handle. Who would have guessed they would stand here now, with the fiery warrior pregnant with her kits. A pregnancy she both relished - it was hard to not be somewhat excited at the prospect - and dreaded... remembering all too well the StarClanner's admittedly vague warnings regarding that cursed wish.

A grin spreading across her features, the healer made a quick assessment of her situation. There were two hares here, but neither was particularly careful. She knew how to hunt. Exactly where to strike to kill. The lithe calico lacked strength, any and all attacks she made would have to be precise and with intent. Her medicine cat training paired up with her hunting knowledge made her more keen on ending things quickly with a single, well aimed blow.

As the paler of the two turned around - their winter coats just starting to be shed - Lightningstorm rushed, her fangs finding the back of the creature's neck before it even realized she was there. The bigger of the two swiveled its head on her, a dull, uncertain look in its eye as it seemed to almost try and understand the situation. Blinking slowly, it circled, evidently done with its dead companion, leaving it to the white furred molly as it fled. No doubt it thought that the feline would be satisfied with the single kill. Unfortunately for it, the healer had a whole clan of rats to feed, and thanks to its sluggish movements, she had time to recover before bounding after it, climbing on its back and holding on for dear life while it began tossing and prancing about, trying to get rid of her before she dispatched of it as well.

The short furred Abyssinian mix panted heavily, the short fight still exhilarating enough to make her need a second. One that she wasn't certain she could afford here. Truth was, they were still in the open, and if there were any minks about, they would be feeling the rather delicious scent of fresh hare soon. Grabbing the massive creature by the scruff, the young she-cat swore under her breath, suddenly regretting her decision to show off. It rarely worked for Firestorm, why would she assume it would work for her? Stars above, this would take forever to drag back to camp. Hopefully, Maplepaw had gotten lucky in finding some more prey as well and they would be able to head back soon.

[+2 Hare]

@wendigo [Maplepaw]
| I had gotten us an extension and had posted ahead of time with the patrol returning so I could set up to have Lightning send out patrols sooner rather than later and tend to her patients, but feel free to have Maple hunt something else here and we can add it to the full patrol after the fact, no worries! |

Old March 22nd, 2024, 06:35 PM
fatha it's me michael

Maplepaw
Not the most social cat

Maplepaw crouched low to the ground, her tail raised along with her mouth open, tasting the air. There were more scents, but today was not the day to hunt so much prey, especially with the scent of mink lingering in the air, and Maplepaw did not feel like fighting any more minks today.

Her tongue latched onto a scent. It smelled like.. well, what mice would usually smell like. Maplepaw really, really didn't want to hunt mice, especially since it was something ThunderClan usually ate, and she did not want to watch something associated with Bumblestar, especially with how the leader was acting nowadays. nowadays??? bumblestar is like 4 times her age But, a mouse was prey, and at the end of the day, facts were better? than opinions. Well, that is what Maplepaw was taught, correct? Don't let your head affect your judgement. hopefully that's how it's said

Maplepaw caught sight of the mouse, and crouched a little lower to the ground. Her belly fur brushed the ground a little, but that's okay, right? No, it wasn't, because as soon as her belly touched the ground, the mouse's head shot up. oh... foxdu-- She wanted to limit the mouse's time to process whether, "hmm, was that the wind or a predator?" So, when the mouse's head went up, Maplepaw leaped. She swore she leapt so far, her muscles were stretched the same length as a tree. But, it all worked out in the end, because she landed on the mouse, and was able to kill it by biting its neck.

Maplepaw grabbed the mouse by the scruff and headed back to Lightningstorm, who had.. two... dead hares. how the hell Her tail flicked up in surprise. She had only been gone for a minute, how did the medicine cat catch two things already? Oh well, didn't matter, they had caught a lot of prey, more than the average warrior usually caught. unless they were like, really devoted to hunting Maplepaw dropped her catch beside the two hares, and mrrped. She opened her maw to say something, but nothing came out, so why try? She just closed her mouth shut, and stared at the prey stash.

41/100

@Alchemist Kitsune [sorry I changed my formatting again grr ;;]

my characters | my carrd

Last edited by wendigo; March 23rd, 2024 at 10:19 AM. Reason: stop there's so many typos grrrararaRAAAAA