by Myling
Last post by alec
Today 11:56 AM
Whisperingsong mate finder!
Last post by Moondapple
Today 11:54 AM

Old May 30th, 2023, 07:28 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Fred's Random Ideas/Thoughts Tracker

IF YOU COULD SEE YOU LYRICS (from Portal 2: The Unauthorized Musical) || Slightly Revised

[CAVE]
I know what you're thinking:
You wonder why I chose you
Out of all the ladies in the world!
You’re not just my assistant...
You’re more than an assistant.

If you saw you like I dooo...
It would change your point of viieeeewww...!

If you, could see you, through my eyes
You wouldn't wonder at aaaaall
If you, could see you, through my eyes
You would know why I need youu (my darling).

When you come into my office
You simply brighten my daaaaay
And if you could see you through my eyeeeeeeesss
Maybe you’d be led astraaay

(Spoken) C’mere, Caroline.

(Sung) How can I speak of your virtues?
I don't know where to begiiiin
You’re clever, you’re smart, you do science!

And when you’re taking a memo
I wish I was holding your haaaand!
And if you, could see you, through my eyeeeesss
Maybe you would understand!

[Cave and Caroline dance]

I couldn’t do without youuuu.

(spoken) You know, Caroline, I always said that if I die before they can pour me into a computer, I wanted you to run the place.

[CAROLINE]
(spoken) That’s very flattering, sir. But I don’t think-

[CAVE]
(spoken) And I knew you’d argue. You’ll say you can’t. You’re modest like that. But we can make you!

[CAROLINE]
(spoken) What?

[CAVE]
(spoken) The point is, if we can store music on a compact disc, why can’t we store my assistant’s personality and intelligence on one? A Genetic Lifeform and Disc Operating System. GLaDOS. It’s too late for me. I’m too far gone, but you! You could-

[CAROLINE]
(spoken) No, Mr. Johnson, I don’t want this!

[CAVE]
(spoken) 
It’s for science, Caroline! Think of it this way; you’ll get to live... forever.

[CAROLINE]
(Spoken) Sir, please, I don’t want this…!

[CAVE]
(singing) I understand your objection
But, yes or no, we’ll begiiiin
Oh, if you could see you through my eyeeeesss…
(spoken) Well, say goodbye, Caroline.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art

Last edited by sock; May 30th, 2023 at 07:28 AM.
Old May 30th, 2023, 08:59 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person

very casually making excuses to not watch a weird movie with my mom

Old May 30th, 2023, 12:23 PM
don't eat me

just found out what the Hufflepuff common room looks like

The Hufflepuff Common Room (found on Wizardingworld.com) || Written by J.K. Rowling

The Hufflepuff common room is entered from the same corridor as the Hogwarts kitchens. Proceeding past the large still life that forms the entrance to the latter, a pile of large barrels is to be found stacked in a shadowy stone recess on the right-hand side of the corridor. The barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row, will open if tapped in the rhythm of ‘Helga Hufflepuff’. As a security device to repel non-Hufflepuffs, tapping on the wrong barrel, or tapping the incorrect number of times, results in one of the other lids bursting off and drenching the interloper in vinegar.

A sloping, earthy passage inside the barrel travels upwards a little way until a cosy, round, low-ceilinged room is revealed, reminiscent of a badger’s sett. The room is decorated in the cheerful, bee-like colours of yellow and black, emphasised by the use of highly polished, honey-coloured wood for the tables and the round doors which lead to the boys’ and girls’ dormitories (furnished with comfortable wooden bedsteads, all covered in patchwork quilts).

A colourful profusion of plants and flowers seem to relish the atmosphere of the Hufflepuff common room: various cactii stand on wooden circular shelves (curved to fit the walls), many of them waving and dancing at passers-by, while copper-bottomed plant holders dangling amid the ceiling cause tendrils of ferns and ivies to brush your hair as you pass under them.

A portrait over the wooden mantelpiece (carved all over with decorative dancing badgers) shows Helga Hufflepuff, one of the four founders of Hogwarts School, toasting her students with a tiny, two-handled golden cup. Small, round windows just level with the ground at the foot of the castle show a pleasant view of rippling grass and dandelions, and, occasionally, passing feet. These low windows notwithstanding, the room feels perennially sunny.

* The complexity or otherwise of the entrance to the common rooms might be said to give a very rough idea of the intellectual reputation of each house: Hufflepuff has an unchanging portal and requires rhythmic tapping; Slytherin and Gryffindor have doorways that challenge the would-be entrant about equally, the former having an almost imperceptible hidden entrance and a varying password, the latter having a capricious guardian and frequently changing passwords. In keeping with its reputation as the house of the most agile minds at Hogwarts, the door to the Ravenclaw common room presents a fresh intellectual or philosophical challenge every time a person knocks on it.

Nevertheless, it ought not to be concluded from the above that Hufflepuffs are dimwits or duffers, though they have been cruelly caricatured that way on occasion. Several outstanding brains have emerged from Hufflepuff house over the centuries; these fine minds simply happened to be allied to outstanding qualities of patience, a strong work ethic and constancy, all traditional hallmarks of Hufflepuff House.

J.K. Rowling’s thoughts
When I first planned the series, I expected Harry to visit all four house common rooms during his time at Hogwarts. There came a point when I realised that there was never going to be a valid reason to enter the Hufflepuff room. Nevertheless, it is quite as real to me as the other three, and I always knew exactly where those Hufflepuffs were going when they headed off towards the kitchens after lessons.

Old May 31st, 2023, 09:27 AM
don't eat me

I hate my SS teacher

Old May 31st, 2023, 01:06 PM
don't eat me

WHAT THE HELL IS PICKLEBALL AND WHY DO I HAVE TO PLAY IT IN P.E.

Old June 1st, 2023, 08:58 AM
don't eat me

Fred's Long Geeky Realization || How To Train Your Dragon

At the end of the first HTTYD, you see all of Berk with pet dragons. Now, lemme make one thing clear: By the end of the movie, what we see aren't trained dragons (opposing the title, How To Train Your Dragon). They're domesticated dragons. That may seem like a minor point, but it's actually a huge difference. Irl, we use a lot of words interchangeably about animals. Train, tame, and domesticate. But these aren't really the same at all. When it comes to "training" a dragon, the difference between words like train and domesticate is the difference between giving you the world's most awesome pet, and you getting personally toasted to death. So, let's get out definitions straight. To tame an animal is to take an individual wild animal and make that specific animal not fear you as a human being. To train an animal is to get it to repeatedly follow a command. Domesticating an animal is the most intense of these three. It requires fundamentally altering the species over many generations via selective breeding. Basically, transforming it to behave the way that humans want. Now, Hiccup (the main character of HTTYD if you didn't know), for all his supposed dragon knowledge, is not the example of proper dragon training that Berk should be following. What he does is dangerous, destructive, and worst of all: inhumane. That might sound extreme until you take a second look at the events of the movie, without all the sappy feel-good music. What happens to kick off the entire movie? Hiccup injures Toothless (the dragon, once again, just in case you didn't know), wrecking his tail flap, which is an injury that completely grounds Toothless. So we're starting the relationship with a critical injury, and then it gets even worse. Hiccup starts to make a new manmade tailpiece for Toothless, and while it's really nice and good that he works so gosh darn hard on it, it was fixing an injury that was his own fault. And as soon as that tailpiece is on, guess what Toothless does? Does he turn around, and thank Hiccup? Does he tearfully tell him he'll miss their "companionship?" No, he flies away! He tries to escape the human predator, like a wild animal SHOULD AND WOULD DO in that moment. But even then, Hiccup can't leave well enough alone, because he hangs on through the air, and discovers super conveniently that the dragon can only fly if he-- Master Human-- is controlling the prosthetic tailpiece. Just think about that for a second! This would be like clipping a bird's wings, and replacing them with remote control wing tips, so we could fly them around like a model airplane. When you really think about what's going on here to a wild animal who's injured and scared, it would be immediately classified as animal cruelty, or at least, a pretty mean and barbaric way to get a big animal to do what you want. And Hiccup sees no problem here! In fact, he spends most of his time riding Toothless and congratulating himself on how awesome he is. After that, he goes on to chase the dragon to put a saddle on it, again not voluntarily because Toothless will literally die if he can't fly. Then he has to integrate all kinds of reins and turning systems to control the dragon, instead of a rigging system where Toothless could, y'know, CONTROL IT HIMSELF. Hiccup doesn't even attempt to design something that would allow Toothless to fly independently until the short film, "Gift of The Night Fury." And even then, he STILL has systems in place to allow him to maintain control. It's like saying to your dog, "Hey, I love you, as long as I still have the ability to shock-collar you!" It's only the third and final film that Hiccup FINALLY respects this animal enough, to design something that makes Toothless completely independent. Meanwhile, in the first movie, every time Hiccup falls, Toothless crashes headfirst into the ground at full speed, or directly into cliff faces. Even when his control system works, and Hiccup is managing to navigate, think about what's happening here. Sure, it looks epic, and they're "working as a team," but in reality, this dragon is a helpless passenger in his own body. HE IS A SLAVE, and no matter how many times it happens, he has no choice but to keep going, because a dragon that can't fly is a dead dragon. SO LONG STORY SHORT, whether he had good intentions or not, Hiccup used force to train his dragon. He stripped away its independence, and Toothless was required to submit to him.

Old June 1st, 2023, 09:26 AM
don't eat me

Fred's Fancy Fantasy World That They Created Within A Minute || Notes

- Foxes... that wear clothes

- Three main kingdoms with different cities, guilds, or something like that

- Kingdoms are separated into Red Foxes, Arctic Foxes, and Grey Foxes, all ruled by kings

- Some special foxes (the Keepers) have elemental magic and keep scrolls/magical artifacts

- Long world history tbd

- Other continents exist of cats and dogs

- Different kingdoms have different cultures/customs (all polytheistic)

- kingdom of Arctic foxes is in a snowy tundra (duh)

- Kingdoms are in war over magic

- Different jobs exist: Merchant, knight, artificer, alchemist, Keeper, farmer, blacksmith, hunter, teacher, caretaker, etc

- Social classes: King, prince/princess, Keeper, noble, foxes with important jobs, less important jobs, peasants, foxes in exile

- All have either cool fantasy names or nature names

- Schools specialize in different job specialization

- Continent looks sort of like the 2019 Firefox logo

more might be added

Last edited by sock; June 1st, 2023 at 09:42 AM.
Old June 1st, 2023, 10:01 AM
don't eat me

AI GEN STORY || IDK, I JUST WANTED TO

Once upon a time, in a faraway world of magic and wonder, there lived a clever fox. He was known throughout the land for his cunning ways and mischievous spirit. The fox was different from the other animals in the forest. He had a unique ability to see beyond the veil of reality and into the realm of the fantastical.

The fox lived in a forest filled with enchanted trees, hidden caves, and magical creatures. He spent his days exploring the vast expanse of the forest, searching for new adventures and secrets to uncover. The fox was always careful to avoid the dangers that lurked in the shadows, such as the dark wizards and evil witches who roamed the forest.

One day, while wandering through the forest, the fox stumbled upon a hidden portal. The portal was shimmering with a mystical light, and the fox knew that he had to investigate. He cautiously approached the portal and stepped through it, not knowing what he would find on the other side.

To his surprise, the fox found himself in a world unlike anything he had ever seen before. The sky was filled with stars that glowed with an otherworldly light, and the ground was covered in a soft, shimmering mist. The fox felt a sense of wonder and amazement wash over him as he explored this new and magical world.

As he journeyed through this fantastical realm, the fox encountered many strange and wondrous creatures. He met talking trees, mischievous sprites, and even a friendly dragon. The fox became fast friends with these creatures, and they showed him the secrets of their world.

However, not all was well in this magical land. The fox soon discovered that a dark force was threatening to destroy this world and all the creatures that lived in it. The fox knew that he had to act fast to protect his new friends and save this world from destruction.

With his cunning and quick wit, the fox set out to defeat the evil that threatened this magical land. He used all his skills and knowledge to outsmart the dark wizards and witches who sought to destroy this world. In the end, the fox emerged victorious, and the land was saved from destruction.

The fox returned to his own world, but he never forgot the amazing adventures he had in this magical realm. He knew that he would always treasure the memories of his time spent in this fantastical world, and he hoped to one day return and visit his friends once again.

Old June 1st, 2023, 12:16 PM
don't eat me

My hands are shaking

Old June 1st, 2023, 12:18 PM
don't eat me

OCs based on the planets?