Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 05:26 PM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by PoisonOrchid
Today 05:18 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Fritter
Today 05:17 PM
Makin’ Mother proud.[F]
by Fritter
Last post by Fritter
Today 04:53 PM

Old June 20th, 2018, 01:53 PM
SemiFunctioning Sociopath

My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: RiverClan Training Cave

The training cave was empty when she arrived, and she nodded to herself, satisfied her shy apprentice would be a bit at ease with the quiet environment. Whitewish
yawned widely, blinking the sleep from her eyes rapidly. Batpaw would be here at any moment, she had to be awake before he showed up so she wouldn't be distracted. She yawned again, shaking her head snappishly before flicking her ears and turning back, another ear twitch signaling her acknowledgement of the movement next to her. Her eyes turned to the entrance to the training cave, a smile lighting up her face as her heterochromatic eyes settled on the cat in the entrance.

"Why, hello there."

@ConfusedCas

"There's going to be very painful moments in your life that will change your entire world in a matter of minutes. Those moments will change YOU. Let them make you stronger, smarter, and kinder. But don't you go and become someone that you're not. Cry. Scream if you have to. Then you straighten out that crown and keep it moving." - Unknown

Just your average Semi-Functioning Sociopath.

My Characters | My dA

Last edited by 0Rainlight0; June 20th, 2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old June 20th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Back from the abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Rainlight0 View Post
The training cave was empty when she arrived, and she nodded to herself, satisfied her shy apprentice would be a bit at ease with the quiet environment. Whitewish
yawned widely, blinking the sleep from her eyes rapidly. Batpaw would be here at any moment, she had to be awake before he showed up so she wouldn't be distracted. She yawned again, shaking her head snappishly before flicking her ears and turning back, another ear twitch signaling her acknowledgement of the movement next to her. Her eyes turned to the entrance to the training cave, a smile lighting up her face as her heterochromatic eyes settled on the cat in the entrance.

"Why, hello there."

@ConfusedCas
Batpaw followed the unfamiliar path to the training cave. The exhaustion had completely washed away and had been replaced with eagerness. He was desperate to learn everything he could and to impress his mentor but first he had to focus on not messing up. All I do is mess up. But I'll change that, I have to. At last he had reached the entrance. His heart began to thud in his chest as he carefully entered the training area and looked up at the she-cat waiting for him. Batpaw remembered his ceremony when Whitewish had become his mentor and feeling so intimidated by the warrior. He began feeling that again but upon seeing the smile on her muzzle it began to ebb away. He took a deep breath and approached, returning a small smile. "Hello." His voice was soft, "I-I'm excited to be learning from you."
Old June 20th, 2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedCas View Post
Batpaw followed the unfamiliar path to the training cave. The exhaustion had completely washed away and had been replaced with eagerness. He was desperate to learn everything he could and to impress his mentor but first he had to focus on not messing up. All I do is mess up. But I'll change that, I have to. At last he had reached the entrance. His heart began to thud in his chest as he carefully entered the training area and looked up at the she-cat waiting for him. Batpaw remembered his ceremony when Whitewish had become his mentor and feeling so intimidated by the warrior. He began feeling that again but upon seeing the smile on her muzzle it began to ebb away. He took a deep breath and approached, returning a small smile. "Hello." His voice was soft, "I-I'm excited to be learning from you."
Whitewish cooed softly, letting out a reassuring purr. She could see his nervousness, and she didn't want to make him as stiff as he was at the ceremony. She was quite a young warrior, so she felt a lot closer to the apprentices than most. Therefore, she wanted to be close to Batpaw.

The molly kept the kind smile, her eyes closing briefly before she turned, moving her larger frame to the center before turning to fully face the apprentice. Her apprentice. The weight of being a teacher settled on her shoulders but they didn't move, strengthening to accommodate the new weight. She took a deep breath, before flicking her tail to pull the apprentice closer.

"I'm excited to have an eager apprentice as my first one. You seem quite the capable one, Batpaw."

Her voice was smooth as honey, with a soft purr mixed in. She didn't want to frighten the younger tom anymore than she already had.

"What would you like to learn first? any particular interest in a field?"

She knew it was probably on her to decide what they would be learning, but she wanted Batpaw to be comfortable, and learn at his own pace, so she made the decision to let him choose. She wouldn't interfere with the choice as she was quite adept all around, though she was a bit young, so his comfort was top priority. She might be a bit intimidating and a lot to mouthy, but she could read cats fairly well.

"There's going to be very painful moments in your life that will change your entire world in a matter of minutes. Those moments will change YOU. Let them make you stronger, smarter, and kinder. But don't you go and become someone that you're not. Cry. Scream if you have to. Then you straighten out that crown and keep it moving." - Unknown

My Characters | My dA
Old June 20th, 2018, 11:11 PM
Back from the abyss

Quote:
Whitewish cooed softly, letting out a reassuring purr. She could see his nervousness, and she didn't want to make him as stiff as he was at the ceremony. She was quite a young warrior, so she felt a lot closer to the apprentices than most. Therefore, she wanted to be close to Batpaw.

The molly kept the kind smile, her eyes closing briefly before she turned, moving her larger frame to the center before turning to fully face the apprentice. Her apprentice. The weight of being a teacher settled on her shoulders but they didn't move, strengthening to accommodate the new weight. She took a deep breath, before flicking her tail to pull the apprentice closer.

"I'm excited to have an eager apprentice as my first one. You seem quite the capable one, Batpaw."

Her voice was smooth as honey, with a soft purr mixed in. She didn't want to frighten the younger tom anymore than she already had.

"What would you like to learn first? any particular interest in a field?"

She knew it was probably on her to decide what they would be learning, but she wanted Batpaw to be comfortable, and learn at his own pace, so she made the decision to let him choose. She wouldn't interfere with the choice as she was quite adept all around, though she was a bit young, so his comfort was top priority. She might be a bit intimidating and a lot to mouthy, but she could read cats fairly well.
Her words calmed his nerves and allowed him to respond with more confidence in his voice, "Well I haven't really thought about it..." He tried to think of something quick to say as to not keep her waiting, "W-Well, I've always been interested in how to fight." Realistically Batpaw wanted to know how to protect himself, more importantly his clanmates, in case someone or something had gotten into camp. He always worries about everyones safety and couldn't imagine what he'd do if he failed at protecting a loved one, specifically his sister Ebonypaw. He looked into his mentors different colored eyes, eagerness still shown in his own green ones. "Yeah.. I want to know how to fight."
Old June 21st, 2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Her words calmed his nerves and allowed him to respond with more confidence in his voice, "Well I haven't really thought about it..." He tried to think of something quick to say as to not keep her waiting, "W-Well, I've always been interested in how to fight." Realistically Batpaw wanted to know how to protect himself, more importantly his clanmates, in case someone or something had gotten into camp. He always worries about everyones safety and couldn't imagine what he'd do if he failed at protecting a loved one, specifically his sister Ebonypaw. He looked into his mentors different colored eyes, eagerness still shown in his own green ones. "Yeah.. I want to know how to fight."
Whitewish swished her tail, the long fluffy appendage batting at Batpaw's ears gently. Her smile remained warm, and a soft chuckle left her as well as she nodded, turning and pacing away from him.

"Well, alright then! We'll start with a slightly basic, but moreso advanced move, simply because I have confidence in your ability to master it, and because it can be the thing to save your life in a battle. I'll also teach you how to assist someone else, should they find themselves in a predicament."

She crouched in front of him, eyes glinting with mischief and excitement to be teaching the first lesson. She left herself wide open this time, not bothering to position herself with any guards. She wanted Batpaw to hit her this time around.

"You're to run and attack me with any method to get me on my back. I'm considerably smaller than most warriors, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but I will assist you if necessary."

Her honey-like tone was serious, but remained kind as she waited for the tom to make his move.

My Characters | My dA
Old June 21st, 2018, 09:11 PM
Back from the abyss

Quote:
Whitewish swished her tail, the long fluffy appendage batting at Batpaw's ears gently. Her smile remained warm, and a soft chuckle left her as well as she nodded, turning and pacing away from him.

"Well, alright then! We'll start with a slightly basic, but moreso advanced move, simply because I have confidence in your ability to master it, and because it can be the thing to save your life in a battle. I'll also teach you how to assist someone else, should they find themselves in a predicament."

She crouched in front of him, eyes glinting with mischief and excitement to be teaching the first lesson. She left herself wide open this time, not bothering to position herself with any guards. She wanted Batpaw to hit her this time around.

"You're to run and attack me with any method to get me on my back. I'm considerably smaller than most warriors, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but I will assist you if necessary."

Her honey-like tone was serious, but remained kind as she waited for the tom to make his move.
The playful bat from her tail made a chuckle escape his own mouth and her suggestion made him stand up straighter, Perfect! I'll prove her right, I can master it!

Filled with the sudden new confidence he mirrored his mentor and dropped into a crouch, obviously it wasn't a perfect one but Batpaw payed no mind to it. Knock her on her back? How in Starclan can I do that? Sure, she wasn't a big warrior but Batpaw wasn't a big apprentice by any means. He looked at her stance and quickly thought of something. Maybe if I hit her just below her chest I could get her to flip over? In hindsight it wasn't the greatest plan but he didn't want to keep Whitewish waiting. He also worried for a moment that he might hurt his mentor but he quickly realized that his scrawny shape could barely even hurt a kit.

Batpaw bunched up his undeveloped muscles and sprang towards the she-cat. As soon as he landed close enough he whipped out his right paw, nearly losing balance, and aimed under her chest.
Old June 21st, 2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
The playful bat from her tail made a chuckle escape his own mouth and her suggestion made him stand up straighter, Perfect! I'll prove her right, I can master it!

Filled with the sudden new confidence he mirrored his mentor and dropped into a crouch, obviously it wasn't a perfect one but Batpaw payed no mind to it. Knock her on her back? How in Starclan can I do that? Sure, she wasn't a big warrior but Batpaw wasn't a big apprentice by any means. He looked at her stance and quickly thought of something. Maybe if I hit her just below her chest I could get her to flip over? In hindsight it wasn't the greatest plan but he didn't want to keep Whitewish waiting. He also worried for a moment that he might hurt his mentor but he quickly realized that his scrawny shape could barely even hurt a kit.

Batpaw bunched up his undeveloped muscles and sprang towards the she-cat. As soon as he landed close enough he whipped out his right paw, nearly losing balance, and aimed under her chest.
The molly grunted at the impact, noticing things she needed to fix as he moved. Her smaller stature took the brunt of the hit--which wasn't super strong, but she was quite impressed at the strength her untrained apprentice was able to conjure from the blow--and helped, knocking herself all the way back and landing with an umph on her spine. She rested there, puffing slightly and grinning at Batpaw upside down, pride gleaming in her eyes.

"Alright, now if you had me down, you'd pin me, correct, so I'd like you to do that. Then comes the move, I'll demonstrate it on you--I wont hurt you--and then you can try it out on me. Then we'll work a bit on that crouch so you won't be off-balance. But good blow, you caught me by surprise too, not many would think to use the enemy's weight against them in battle, so the blow to my chest helped knock my feet out from under me. I'm impressed, great thinking."

Her voice was slightly breathless, but her smile remained as she waited for him to follow her instructions so she could show him a good way to get out of the pin. The warrior was excited, she loved this move, especially when big toms tried to take her down because of her size. She could tell Batpaw would probably not get very big, but he was quick, like her, so she had plenty of moves to show him to help him outsmart even the largest cat in the territories.

This would be fun.

My Characters | My dA

Last edited by 0Rainlight0; June 21st, 2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old June 21st, 2018, 11:27 PM
Back from the abyss

Quote:
The molly grunted at the impact, noticing things she needed to fix as he moved. Her smaller stature took the brunt of the hit--which wasn't super strong, but she was quite impressed at the strength her untrained apprentice was able to conjure from the blow--and helped, knocking herself all the way back and landing with an umph on her spine. She rested there, puffing slightly and grinning at Batpaw upside down, pride gleaming in her eyes.

"Alright, now if you had me down, you'd pin me, correct, so I'd like you to do that. Then comes the move, I'll demonstrate it on you--I wont hurt you--and then you can try it out on me. Then we'll work a bit on that crouch so you won't be off-balance. But good blow, you caught me by surprise too, not many would think to use the enemy's weight against them in battle, so the blow to my chest helped knock my feet out from under me. I'm impressed, great thinking."

Her voice was slightly breathless, but her smile remained as she waited for him to follow her instructions so she could show him a good way to get out of the pin. The warrior was excited, she loved this move, especially when big toms tried to take her down because of her size. She could tell Batpaw would probably not get very big, but he was quick, like her, so she had plenty of moves to show him to help him outsmart even the largest cat in the territories.

This would be fun.
(Ahhh she's the perfect mentor for him!)
Batpaw's eyes widened in surprise as she flipped over and before he could yelp out an apology he noticed the pride in her eyes. Relief washed over his entire body and a flash of satisfaction warmed his chest. I did it! He licked his chest fur in slight embarrassment at the compliment, "It was the only thing I could think of doing." He admitted, still surprised his move had worked, he hadn't thought it through at all. Perhaps luck is on my side today.

Next he did as she instructed. It's just like playing with Bramblepaw and Ebonypaw, right? His siblings used to always play fight but now he was learning advanced moves. Moves that one day may save his life. This was nothing like being in the nursery.

With his heart beating fast he speedily lunged forward, his tail swinging and making him land clumsily on top of Whitewish. He scrambled to quickly place his paws firmly over her shoulders. It was a simple enough move and one he had yet to master but all he could notice was his paws shaking with exhilaration. Batpaw waited for the move, feeling tense.
Old June 21st, 2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
(Ahhh she's the perfect mentor for him!)
Batpaw's eyes widened in surprise as she flipped over and before he could yelp out an apology he noticed the pride in her eyes. Relief washed over his entire body and a flash of satisfaction warmed his chest. I did it! He licked his chest fur in slight embarrassment at the compliment, "It was the only thing I could think of doing." He admitted, still surprised his move had worked, he hadn't thought it through at all. Perhaps luck is on my side today.

Next he did as she instructed. It's just like playing with Bramblepaw and Ebonypaw, right? His siblings used to always play fight but now he was learning advanced moves. Moves that one day may save his life. This was nothing like being in the nursery.

With his heart beating fast he speedily lunged forward, his tail swinging and making him land clumsily on top of Whitewish. He scrambled to quickly place his paws firmly over her shoulders. It was a simple enough move and one he had yet to master but all he could notice was his paws shaking with exhilaration. Batpaw waited for the move, feeling tense.
(They're great together XD I love it <3)

The molly blinked in surprise. He hadn't thought that move through? 'He has a better sense for battle than most do. This is great, that'll keep him alive and kicking.' She flicked an ear as he scrambled for a second, before his speed caught his back legs and he launched forward in a lunge, landing on top of her quite clumsily. She grunted, noticing that before she could take advantage of the awkward landing that he had righted himself and fixed his paws.

'He really is fast, faster than most. He'll be rough to go against when he doesn't lose his balance so much anymore.' she observed, quirking an eyebrow and smiling up at him. She knew what was about to happen, but she adjusted her spine a bit to kink it, so she wouldn't kick as hard as normal. Her full force would probably send the light apprentice into the wall, hard. She didn't want to break his ribs or anything.

The white warrior smiled mischievously as she took a breath to speak and explain the move, but decided to perform it first, so it would have the effect that a battle would have, rather than allowing him to predict her movements and adjust his grip. Right now, his grip was great for a cat who tensed their muscles--as she had done before he landed--and fought back, but it was pretty rough for one who relaxed.

So she did just that, relaxing her entire body to allow his paws to slide to the top of her shoulders and expose his belly to her hind legs just a bit more. She then bunched her hips, kicking up into the soft fur above her slightly to knock him off, before rolling gracefully to her feet and crouching, habits brought by her mentor making her lash out with a paw, claws sheathed, and pat his cheek, smiling again.

"This move allows you to get larger opponents off of you, and attack with quick succession, making it hard for the larger fighters to keep up with your speed. What I did was I kicked you off, and had you land close, but not close enough to fight back. Then, with a swift roll, I got to my feet and attacked back, landing a facial blow. If you're in a real fight, you want to go for the eyes or the skin just above, using these to blind your opponent and hinder their fighting. Usually, if you land it correctly, the enemy cat will run off, since fighting blind is a death wish. But, some skilled warriors will stick around, and then it's time to use other moves to fight them off. Blinding them will help, though."

Her voice was slightly stern, more of a teaching tone with a touch of the honey-like gentleness she had been using earlier. Her smile never left, though, and she straightened, standing at her full height--not that it was anything notable--and flicking his ear with her tail.

"You have a few balance problems, which is normal for a brand new apprentice, but I noticed you do have at least a bit of previous knowledge, and your natural instinct for how to get the upper hand on an enemy is impressive. Are you ready to try it yourself?"

She waited patiently, blinking her heterochromatic eyes once in a while as she waited. She knew it might be a bit difficult, but she had easier moves if Batpaw would like to wait a bit. She didn't mind at all.

My Characters | My dA

Last edited by 0Rainlight0; June 21st, 2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 01:05 AM
Back from the abyss

Quote:
(They're great together XD I love it <3)

The molly blinked in surprise. He hadn't thought that move through? 'He has a better sense for battle than most do. This is great, that'll keep him alive and kicking.' She flicked an ear as he scrambled for a second, before his speed caught his back legs and he launched forward in a lunge, landing on top of her quite clumsily. She grunted, noticing that before she could take advantage of the awkward landing that he had righted himself and fixed his paws.

'He really is fast, faster than most. He'll be rough to go against when he doesn't lose his balance so much anymore.' she observed, quirking an eyebrow and smiling up at him. She knew what was about to happen, but she adjusted her spine a bit to kink it, so she wouldn't kick as hard as normal. Her full force would probably send the light apprentice into the wall, hard. She didn't want to break his ribs or anything.

The white warrior smiled mischievously as she took a breath to speak and explain the move, but decided to perform it first, so it would have the effect that a battle would have, rather than allowing him to predict her movements and adjust his grip. Right now, his grip was great for a cat who tensed their muscles--as she had done before he landed--and fought back, but it was pretty rough for one who relaxed.

So she did just that, relaxing her entire body to allow his paws to slide to the top of her shoulders and expose his belly to her hind legs just a bit more. She then bunched her hips, kicking up into the soft fur above her slightly to knock him off, before rolling gracefully to her feet and crouching, habits brought by her mentor making her lash out with a paw, claws sheathed, and pat his cheek, smiling again.

"This move allows you to get larger opponents off of you, and attack with quick succession, making it hard for the larger fighters to keep up with your speed. What I did was I kicked you off, and had you land close, but not close enough to fight back. Then, with a swift roll, I got to my feet and attacked back, landing a facial blow. If you're in a real fight, you want to go for the eyes or the skin just above, using these to blind your opponent and hinder their fighting. Usually, if you land it correctly, the enemy cat will run off, since fighting blind is a death wish. But, some skilled warriors will stick around, and then it's time to use other moves to fight them off. Blinding them will help, though."

Her voice was slightly stern, more of a teaching tone with a touch of the honey-like gentleness she had been using earlier. Her smile never left, though, and she straightened, standing at her full height--not that it was anything notable--and flicking his ear with her tail.

"You have a few balance problems, which is normal for a brand new apprentice, but I noticed you do have at least a bit of previous knowledge, and your natural instinct for how to get the upper hand on an enemy is impressive. Are you ready to try it yourself?"

She waited patiently, blinking her heterochromatic eyes once in a while as she waited. She knew it might be a bit difficult, but she had easier moves if Batpaw would like to wait a bit. She didn't mind at all.
(x3 <3)

As soon as he felt his paws sliding forward he knew she had begun the move. He barely had any time to react before he felt her paws kick underneath him. It was strong enough to make a gasp leave his throat and knock him backwards, a little ways away from Whitewish, however it wasn't enough to send him reeling back. Just as Batpaw's paws touched the ground he felt a soft pat on his cheek. His eyes widened in awe, She's already back up! He just began to realize how skilled his mentor really was. She could have sent me flying just a moment ago. That made a small chill creep up his spine but Whitewish's friendly smile and playful actions washed away any fear that may have lingered before. He was grateful that he had gotten her as a mentor, who knows, he could've got a snarling psychopath for all he knew.

He listened carefully to what she was saying and nodded to show his understanding. It was a lot to take in at once and it did kind of confuse the apprentice but he wasn't about ready to give up, or even slow down.

His ears twitched, Balance problems? Batpaw always knew he was a bit clumsy and he always found it embarrassing but he never thought it could be a danger to him. Anxiety welled in his stomach as he imagined himself on the battle field making one wrong pawstep and- He pushed the thought away, as he usually does, and pulled himself back into the present. Relax, it's your first day. Plus, she seems to be pretty impressed so far, or at least she says so. He began to cool down and pay attention again.

Batpaws ears perked up, "Y-You want me to try that?" He wasn't confident he could do it as well or as quickly as she had but he did want to try. Taking a deep breath he murmured, "Ok." The young tom crouched down and awaited the initial blow that would send him on his back.

Last edited by ConfusedCas; June 22nd, 2018 at 01:05 AM.