Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Blazing
Today 04:56 AM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 02:28 AM
minkpaws new everything...
by alec
Last post by alec
Today 02:27 AM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by alec
Today 02:16 AM
The joke box
Last post by CallMeCrimson
Today 02:02 AM

Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ShadowClan Outsider Joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

The Medicine Cat’s mouth tilted upward. Ah. Another RiverClanner to join ShadowClan. She cocked her head to the side, using the motion to subtly scan the apprentice in front of her. “Are you aware of who Fogkit is?” Perhaps seeing a familiar face would be good for the young albino tom.

Minkpaw, the cat said her name was. And yet, from where Lostspark was standing, this former apprentice looked older or close to that of the standard fresh warrior age. So either she was a late bloomer -which would be unfortunate - or she had left RiverClan a good while back - which, that too, would be unfortunate, but for different reasons.

You probably know who I am already. The lithe grey feline blinked slowly. If Minkpaw did not know the answer to this half question, that was her loss, but Lostspark had a feeling she'd spoken up about her apparent herb knowledge for a reason. It was enticing enough, she supposed.

So then… why not check the herbs this cat knew, because Lostspark herself could benefit from it in case there was something she was not aware of. “List the herbs you know — and then tell me something about RiverClan.” It must be difficult and humiliating to have to betray your former Clan, but Lostspark was truly curious. RiverClan had not attended the Gathering in moons. She wondered what Birdsnow was hoping to convey by not showing up time and time again. It made RiverClan look the weakest of the Clans, which was probably an accurate assumption.

Regardless, Lostspark was not a fool. She was not bringing Minkpaw to ShadowClan’s camp without any reason.
“If you really are of RiverClan descent, tell me - we are all curious, what has RiverClan been doing these last few moons. They bother not show up for Gatherings nowadays, apparently. It probably stung, to have to talk to a rival Clan about your old Clan, but Lostspark didn't particularly care about feelings. The rest of ShadowClan never would.

That was just the way of the world. Lostspark was done speaking for the moment, she supposed, but a plan was already blossoming in her mind if Minkpaw didn't fumble too badly on this part of her questioning.

->> minkpaw <<-
[ she/they | outsider | 13moons ]
a dark blueish grey and white she cat with silver eyes
she remained quiet for a moment, searching the crevices of her mind for any memories of a fogkit, but came up more or less blank, left with nothing but the vague memory of hearing that name spoken at a gathering moons ago.. minkpaw shook her head honestly, she had no idea who exactly fogkit was or why this kit mattered in this situation but this was surely not some test that she was somehow supposed to know. surely..
"i believe that was the kit that uh got carried away by a hawk?" she replied, mentally cursing herself for totally not paying any attention at her first gathering after being bound to camp for so long, what was she even doing? she hadnt really met anyone that day.
"i swear this sounds really bad but i didnt know them before then and only barely got wind of the information. i dont think it was ever mentioned at a clan meeting." she was beginning to feel a bit queasy, be it the nerves of this in general or the fear a stupid mistake like this couldve cost her this chance, but tried to remain calm.
concentrate

it echoed in her head, her mothers voice bringing her back to focus and urged to swallow down her emotions, she had enough time to panic after this was over.
at lostsparks words minkpaw gave a brief nod, she did know her, although the last time minkpaw had seen her she looked a lot worse, nowhere near the confident feline she was facing now.
the irrational part of her mind had briefly hoped that this introduction came with the matching question of herbal use and she was almost surprised when that exact question, or well, almost exact, was actually delivered to her.
"cobwebs and moss of course, poppy seeds, marigold, burdock, broom, chervil, catmint, chickweed, should i continue? i can continue if you want me to. ive also realigned broken bones and uh delivered kits?." she briefly paused, considering the information she had and trying to remember what exactly was said moons and moons ago..birdsnow was still leader then, no deputy n all so she had a considerable amount of information. birdsnow appointing fadingsun deputy, her illness and stepping down, fadingsun becoming leader and mistyshard medicine cat.. "..about riverclan..last gathering riverclan attended birdsnow announced her leadership, after that she made fadingsun deputy, hes this big black and orange tom, and was supposed to go to the starcave to speak to starclan but she fell ill. a few days ago she officially stepped down and fadingsun is leader now. he also made mistyshard medicine cat after marigoldleap, uh, i think you might know her? she used to be shadowclans medicine cat a long time ago.. anyway, marigoldleap was a sort of stand in medicine cat but only for a moon or so, before that i did practically everything alone." curse her nervous rambling and curse her tongue for letting some of the anger slip into her words, giving especially the last few words a sharp edge.
explain why had riverclan not attended any recent gathering...explain explain explain. how was she supposed to explain something she couldnt get behind herself. something she had no idea about.
"at first birdsnow tried to pick up what larkstar had left behind, get riverclan back on track, then thunderclan raided camp but i dont know why she didnt want riverclan to attend, especially after most warriors were back on their feet and their den was being rebuild.. i think it was foolish of her, besides making us wait, not knowing whether we would be attending or not." minkpaw wasnt really that mad at birdsnow, she had failed, failed like larkstar before her and was a darn fool but if she tried hard enough minkpaw could somehow explain away her decisions..the ones regarding gatherings anyway. but perhaps it wasnt the time to explain away anymore, maybe it was time to finally see birdsnow as the fool she really was.

[ minkpaws opinions do not represent my own ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store

Last edited by alec; Yesterday at 05:00 PM. Reason: i cant spell
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post

->> minkpaw <<-
she remained quiet for a moment, searching the crevices of her mind for any memories of a fogkit, but came up more or less blank, left with nothing but the vague memory of hearing that name spoken at a gathering moons ago.. minkpaw shook her head honestly, she had no idea who exactly fogkit was or why this kit mattered in this situation but this was surely not some test that she was somehow supposed to know. surely..
"i believe that was the kit that uh got carried away by a hawk?" she replied, mentally cursing herself for totally not paying any attention at her first gathering after being bound to camp for so long, what was she even doing? she hadnt really met anyone that day.
"i swear this sounds really bad but i didnt know them before then and only barely got wind of the information. i dont think it was ever mentioned at a clan meeting." she was beginning to feel a bit queasy, be it the nerves of this in general or the fear a stupid mistake like this couldve cost her this chance, but tried to remain calm.
concentrate

it echoed in her head, her mothers voice bringing her back to focus and urged to swallow down her emotions, she had enough time to panic after this was over.
at lostsparks words minkpaw gave a brief nod, she did know her, although the last time minkpaw had seen her she looked a lot worse, nowhere near the confident feline she was facing now.
the irrational part of her mind had briefly hoped that this introduction came with the matching question of herbal use and she was almost surprised when that exact question, or well, almost exact, was actually delivered to her.
"cobwebs and moss of course, poppy seeds, marigold, burdock, broom, chervil, catmint, chickweed, should i continue? i can continue if you want me to. ive also realigned broken bones and uh delivered kits?." she briefly paused, considering the information she had and trying to remember what exactly was said moons and moons ago..birdsnow was still leader then, no deputy n all so she had a considerable amount of information. birdsnow appointing fadingsun deputy, her illness and stepping down, fadingsun becoming leader and mistyshard medicine cat.. "..about riverclan..last gathering riverclan attended birdsnow announced her leadership, after that she made fadingsun deputy, hes this big black and orange tom, and was supposed to go to the starcave to speak to starclan but she fell ill. a few days ago she officially stepped down and fadingsun is leader now. he also made mistyshard medicine cat after marigoldleap, uh, i think you might know her? she used to be shadowclans medicine cat a long time ago.. anyway, marigoldleap was a sort of stand in medicine cat but only for a moon or so, before that i did practically everything alone." curse her nervous rambling and curse her tongue for letting some of the anger slip into her words, giving especially the last few words a sharp edge.
explain why had riverclan not attended any recent gathering...explain explain explain. how was she supposed to explain something she couldnt get behind herself. something she had no idea about.
"at first birdsnow tried to pick up what larkstar had left behind, get riverclan back on track, then thunderclan raided camp but i dont know why she didnt want riverclan to attend, especially after most warriors were back on their feet and their den was being rebuild.. i think it was foolish of her, besides making us wait, not knowing whether we would be attending or not." minkpaw wasnt really that mad at birdsnow, she had failed, failed like larkstar before her and was a darn fool but if she tried hard enough minkpaw could somehow explain away her decisions..the ones regarding gatherings anyway. but perhaps it wasnt the time to explain away anymore, maybe it was time to finally see birdsnow as the fool she really was.

[ minkpaws opinions do not represent my own ]

Huh. So this kid was useful after all. Lostspark lapsed into silence as she listened intently to the former RiverClanner, the tip of her tail idly flicking back and forth. A vicious, satisfied smile fought to take over her face upon hearing the news on RiverClan. Lostspark knew she ought not to take Minkpaw's words at face value, but she supposed... if this cat was lying to her face, then she had a lot of guts. That was admirable, at least. Lostspark could admire a cat's spunk and vow in her mind to tear them apart later if she found they'd lied to her, right?

Eh, whatever.

“Mmm.” She mused finally, the sound a throaty rumble of acknowledgement. “Good.” She knew all of those herbs - but chervil was one Lostspark was not yet familiar with. She would have to press Minkpaw on that later, and tell the apprentice to expand in case she had more herbs on her list that Lostspark was not aware of. But for now... Lostspark scanned the younger feline once more. For now, Minkpaw had passed her initial test. The herbalist did not think Minkpaw had lied, but she would definitely have to endure much more from here on and out.

Her lips pursed. “ShadowClan's Medicine Cats usually take on warrior apprentices, and I will take you on as mine.” The herbalist’s mouth pulled up into a wicked grin. “Because if I find that you were lying, Minkpaw, if I find that your allegiance rests not with ShadowClan from this point and forward…” Claws tapped against the ground rhythmically. “It makes it that much easier to kill you.”

That was the truth, plain and simple. She would not beat around the bush. Minkpaw should know what she was getting herself into. “So, a couple things for you; first, you are to become a warrior apprentice. You may have been a stand-in Medicine Cat for RiverClan, but if I see you anywhere near my herb storage, if I gather an inkling that you are tampering with ShadowClan’s herbs…” The medic clicked her tongue. “Skies help you.” Her herb storage was more than fine as it was, thank you very much. Lostspark reckoned ShadowClan had one of the largest herb supplies. She’d already learned her lesson with the Smokekit situation.

“Your fighting and hunting will be assessed in due time, and you will need stealth training before you can become a warrior in ShadowClan, but that is a matter for later. For now… once I take you back to camp, you are to not leave it again unless you have mine or Dawnstar’s explicit permission and a warrior to accompany you.” Lostspark did not trust this feline not to be a RiverClan spy. “Simply put, you will spend your time cleaning out dens or doing chores around camp.” For an entire first moon, likely.

“Tell me, though, what is to say you will not turn your back on ShadowClan as you have RiverClan?” Aside from the death threat, of course. Lostspark would really kill anyone who deemed it okay to betray her Clan. Like mother, like daughter. Speaking of mothers, Dawnstar was the first cat Lostspark was likely going to take Minkpaw to.

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old Today, 02:16 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

( @Rose i cant figure out how to quote on mobile oup)

->> minkpaw <<-
minkpaw watched the grey felines mouth distort into a smile that wouldve probably haunted her in her sleep if she were still a kit, but she was almost a grown up and wouldnt go back to acting like a fool. the note about medicine cats taking on warrior apprentices was a bit of an surprise to her, but training another cat in fighting and defence was probably a good way to keep medicine cats sharp and she could definitely get behind that..
instead of replying immediately she gave lostspark the chance to continue, and the ban from getting anywhere near the herb storages stung a bit after practically sleeping only a few pawsteps from it for moons but wasnt unexpected, she'd just have to prove her worth.
words seemingly stuck in her throat she just gave a sharp nod and a "i understand" to confirm. unlike her normal experience with her mothers teachings, separating herself so much from something she might come across as overly rude or different, this time she was glad to supress any of the positive jitters from taking over.
"can you elaborate on the tasks, what chores would i be doing specifically? so i dont have to ask you again later" the tasks sounded like a good way to earn trust and prove she wasnt looking for an easy stay
"because shadowclan arent a bunch of fools." she mewed after a moment of silence and consideration, it was a risky reply, one lostspark could spin it around to make it sound like she was even more likely to betray shadowclan but what else was there to say. minkpaw could barely put her feelings into proper words and just hoped that lostspark would connect the dots between her apperant dislike of riverclan leaders and calling the clan fools as a whole.

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store

Last edited by alec; Today at 02:19 AM.