by Myling
Last post by Honey Bee
Today 08:50 AM
Art competition!
Last post by .Sunshine.
Today 08:38 AM

Old March 2nd, 2024, 11:27 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The tunneler had listened to Swiftfires ideas with perked ears, interested in the idea before shrugging at the molly's glance. Quite frankly while the tom had participated in this maneuver a couple of times it'd always been as the man in the hole, never the one at the surface. Which made sense really, given his training and the fact that a three fox length spring earned a wheezing fit most days and you needed far better then that to catch a fleeing rabbit.

Swiftfire and Silverpaw would know better then him topside, and the tom was going to leave them to their expertise.

Plan set he ducked down into the dark with a "Right, give me a mo ta get thin's set an' 'll send 'em up ta ya." and got to work.

First; escape routes closed. It was typical for rabbits to have multiple routes out of a burrow, or even longer paths deeper into more tunnel systems just in case they needed to bolt. That wouldnt do when the prey needed to be herded to one area so with some digging and pulling and collapsing the routes were blocked off if a bit weakly.
Next the hibernating rabbits were sought out, the faint sounds of them rousing helping to guide the tom, reasonable given they were starting to grow active this time of year.
Then, after positioning himself away from the exit he wanted the rabbits to run to and gathering the air around him for a blast should one go for fight rather then flight, he lunged.

It was a loud burst of noise, a yowl, hiss and snarl as the tom picked up clods of dirt to throw at the panicking creatures and push them to run faster without thinking twice.
Which worked, but lets just say it was a very good thing he prepared for a fight as the large buck moved to charge and attack with a powerful kick to the warriors ribs (a bone breaking move should it land) only to be stopped. With a burst of air, a frigid ice cold wind the rabbit was blasted back and a crack signified a broken bone somewhere, though judging by how it got up and quickly limped away it was only a broken leg.

Ah well, it'd make for a large easy catch for the cats on the surface who'd better be ready for the prey flood coming their way.

@Tiabirb @Estelle

Last edited by Rani; March 2nd, 2024 at 11:28 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 09:57 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

cloverhoney
she/clover // 19 moons // windclan warrior.

---

What was it this time? What was she practicing for her latest trick? Well she had already mastered quite a few but clover wasn't satisfied. No, no, clover wouldn't be satisfied until she learned something so awe-inspiring, so jaw-dropping, that every single cat in Windclan would be chanting her name in her triumph!

Man, a girl could dream.

Tail lashing behind her as she crouches, one would think that she were stalking something just ahead. A perfect hunter's crouch, practiced and poised... But it isn't until she sprints from the brush toward the tree she had been watching with keen eyes that one would be proved wrong. Springing toward the bark covered pole, she waits for her paws to make contact with it's surface before pushing off once more. Though her goal is to land on her feet gracefully after twisting in the air, she uh... Doesn't. Not even close. After launching from the tree and intending on doing a flip she tumbles through the dirt a few times before skidding to a stop. Augh! Ow! Not again!

So much for that!

[ open ]
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:21 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Annoyed

WindClan Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver. View Post
cloverhoney

---

What was it this time? What was she practicing for her latest trick? Well she had already mastered quite a few but clover wasn't satisfied. No, no, clover wouldn't be satisfied until she learned something so awe-inspiring, so jaw-dropping, that every single cat in Windclan would be chanting her name in her triumph!

Man, a girl could dream.

Tail lashing behind her as she crouches, one would think that she were stalking something just ahead. A perfect hunter's crouch, practiced and poised... But it isn't until she sprints from the brush toward the tree she had been watching with keen eyes that one would be proved wrong. Springing toward the bark covered pole, she waits for her paws to make contact with it's surface before pushing off once more. Though her goal is to land on her feet gracefully after twisting in the air, she uh... Doesn't. Not even close. After launching from the tree and intending on doing a flip she tumbles through the dirt a few times before skidding to a stop. Augh! Ow! Not again!

So much for that!

[ open ]

´´Great StarClan! Are you alright?´´ A worried mew sounded from atop of the hill.

Bracken-and-white fur was a flash as Sparrowswoop raced down the hill, slowing as she reached Cloverhoney.

The warrior tilted her head, amber eyes glistening. She leaned forward and sniffed at her Clanmate´s pelt, relieved to find that Cloverhoney had no wounds.

´´Thank StarClan you´re alright, Cloverhoney,´´ Sparrowswoop meowed. ´´Though I do suggest going to Lightningstorm to get checked out, just as a precaution.´´

[ yayayay squirrelpaw got to return :3 ]

''say you can't sleep? baby, i know. mm, it's that me espresso.'' - sabrina carpenter, espresso

Characters W/ Purrks

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird´s Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Bluepaw: The Collector

Last edited by paris; March 3rd, 2024 at 10:22 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:35 AM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
cloverhoney

---

Man, a girl could dream.

So much for that!

[ open ]
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 47 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Sparrowswoop - @Shellwhisker ]
· · ────────────── · ·
The bites and scratches along his flank burned with each pawstep, his front left leg practically unusable with all the cobwebs and salves on it. That didn't stop him from getting out of camp, however, trotting along the moors and allowing the late leafbare sun to warm his pelt. Alas, greenleaf would be coming soon, too soon for his liking. Then he would be shedding left and right and it would be a nightmare to sleep on the hot nights. But for now he enjoyed the warmth his pelt provided him, and strolled aimlessly along the hills.

That was until he caught the scent of a cat unfamiliar to him, and he followed it to find a molly running at a tree and launching herself off of it, sending herself tumbling into the dirt. He flinched out of sympathy for how painful it might've been, and hobbled down towards her where she picked herself up. He noticed Sparrowswoop nearby, fretting over the cat, and he huffed with amusement. "I think she's alright," he insisted on her behalf, limping over. He offered a sympathetic smile to Cloverhoney--yes, that was her name, wasn't it?--and settled down, taking the weight off his front leg. "That was pretty impressive."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:43 AM
silly little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micanomancy View Post
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 47 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
The bites and scratches along his flank burned with each pawstep, his front left leg practically unusable with all the cobwebs and salves on it. That didn't stop him from getting out of camp, however, trotting along the moors and allowing the late leafbare sun to warm his pelt. Alas, greenleaf would be coming soon, too soon for his liking. Then he would be shedding left and right and it would be a nightmare to sleep on the hot nights. But for now he enjoyed the warmth his pelt provided him, and strolled aimlessly along the hills.

That was until he caught the scent of a cat unfamiliar to him, and he followed it to find a molly running at a tree and launching herself off of it, sending herself tumbling into the dirt. He flinched out of sympathy for how painful it might've been, and hobbled down towards her where she picked herself up. He noticed Sparrowswoop nearby, fretting over the cat, and he huffed with amusement. "I think she's alright," he insisted on her behalf, limping over. He offered a sympathetic smile to Cloverhoney--yes, that was her name, wasn't it?--and settled down, taking the weight off his front leg. "That was pretty impressive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellwhisker View Post

´´Great StarClan! Are you alright?´´ A worried mew sounded from atop of the hill.

Bracken-and-white fur was a flash as Sparrowswoop raced down the hill, slowing as she reached Cloverhoney.

The warrior tilted her head, amber eyes glistening. She leaned forward and sniffed at her Clanmate´s pelt, relieved to find that Cloverhoney had no wounds.

´´Thank StarClan you´re alright, Cloverhoney,´´ Sparrowswoop meowed. ´´Though I do suggest going to Lightningstorm to get checked out, just as a precaution.´´

[ yayayay squirrelpaw got to return :3 ]

cloverhoney

---

Oh, haha, so some passerbys did see that! And they weren't cheering at all... Staring up at the concerned upside-down face above her, the young molly blinks the dizziness from her gaze before it moves to the new voice that approaches. A smile of pity, eh? No, this girl didn't need no pity! Clover was perfectly fine-- this was just a little setback, that's all! Springing back onto her paws with a wobbly bounce, her maw is painted with an excited grin, ears perked and hues of blue and green flashing with excitement.

"Okay, okay, but did ya see that though? I almost got it! Another time or five an' I'll definitely get the hang of this one, I'll show you both!"

This was coming from the cat that bounced and twisted and danced along to her own beat every second of every day. No tumble or failure was going to keep her down. So what if she failed the 12th time. That just meant that lucky number 13 could be a huge success!
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:44 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 47 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·

A huff of exasperation escaped Sparrowswoop.

´´She should still get checked out,´´ She nodded to Cloverhoney before turning back to Hawkfur.

Noticing that the tom wasn´t putting any weight on one of his legs, Sparrowswoop narrowed her deep amber gaze.

´´And you, Hawkfur, should get that leg checked out,´´ She tilted her head. The WindClan warrior would go straight to Lightningstorm and Twilightstar herself if she had to.

Sparrowswoop sat down and raised a hind leg to scratch at her ear.

´´I just want to make sure Cloverhoney´s really alright. That was a hard fall, and there could be injuries we haven´t noticed, you know,´´ The bracken-and-white molly explained. ´´I´m sure Twilightstar or Fallownose would say the exact same thing.´´

Sparrowswoop stopped scratching and lowered her leg, blinking at Hawkfur through narrowed eyes, then turned to Cloverhoney.

She gave a purr of laughter at the she-cat´s delighted mood, especially after she had fallen for the millionth time. ´´Why don´t you let Hawkfur and I help you?´´

Getting to her paws, Sparrowswoop opened her jaws slightly to taste the air. Catching the scent of rabbit at once, Sparrowswoop´s head turned to where it was running away from the cats, down the hill.

Without any hesitation, the WindClan warrior gave chase, ears flat against the wind. She ran so fast that she felt as if she was running on feathers.

Suddenly, Sparrowswoop sprang. Over the rabbit yet landing in front of it, cutting the rabbit off. The rabbit squealed and tried to turn the other way as quickly as possible, though it failed as Sparrowswoop scooped it up by the neck in her jaws. The rabbit went limp instantly.

The lithe molly bounded back up the hill, rabbit in her jaws.

[ @silver. ]

''say you can't sleep? baby, i know. mm, it's that me espresso.'' - sabrina carpenter, espresso

Characters W/ Purrks

Last edited by paris; March 3rd, 2024 at 10:48 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:57 AM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:

cloverhoney

---

Oh, haha, so some passerbys did see that! And they weren't cheering at all... Staring up at the concerned upside-down face above her, the young molly blinks the dizziness from her gaze before it moves to the new voice that approaches. A smile of pity, eh? No, this girl didn't need no pity! Clover was perfectly fine-- this was just a little setback, that's all! Springing back onto her paws with a wobbly bounce, her maw is painted with an excited grin, ears perked and hues of blue and green flashing with excitement.

"Okay, okay, but did ya see that though? I almost got it! Another time or five an' I'll definitely get the hang of this one, I'll show you both!"

This was coming from the cat that bounced and twisted and danced along to her own beat every second of every day. No tumble or failure was going to keep her down. So what if she failed the 12th time. That just meant that lucky number 13 could be a huge success!

Quote:

´´She should still get checked out,´´ She nodded to Cloverhoney before turning back to Hawkfur.

Noticing that the tom wasn´t putting any weight on one of his legs, Sparrowswoop narrowed her deep amber gaze.

´´And you, Hawkfur, should get that leg checked out,´´ She tilted her head. The WindClan warrior would go straight to Lightningstorm and Twilightstar herself if she had to.

´´I just want to make sure Cloverhoney´s really alright. That was a hard fall, and there could be injuries we haven´t noticed, you know,´´ The bracken-and-white molly explained. ´´I´m sure Twilightstar or Fallownose would say the exact same thing.´´

Sparrowswoop stopped scratching and lowered her leg, blinking at Hawkfur through narrowed eyes, then turned to Cloverhoney.

She gave a purr of laughter at the she-cat´s delighted mood, especially after she had fallen for the millionth time. ´´Why don´t you let Hawkfur and I help you?´´

Getting to her paws, Sparrowswoop opened her jaws slightly to taste the air. Catching the scent of rabbit at once, Sparrowswoop´s head turned to where it was running away from the cats, down the hill.

Without any hesitation, the WindClan warrior gave chase, ears flat against the wind. She ran so fast that she felt as if she was running on feathers.

Suddenly, Sparrowswoop sprang. Over the rabbit yet landing in front of it, cutting the rabbit off. The rabbit squealed and tried to turn the other way as quickly as possible, though it failed as Sparrowswoop scooped it up by the neck in her jaws. The rabbit went limp instantly.

[ @silver. ]
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 47 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur raised a white cat brow at Sparrowswoop, glancing down at his bandaged leg. "I did get it checked out, thank you." He replied a little curtly. Let them speak to Twilightstar--poor leader had enough going on as it was, the cave patrol had been a disaster. Maybe they'd get an earful. Then Hawkfur felt a little guilty for thinking that, wondering if he was spending a little too much time around Vixenstare. Nah. The red tom glanced over at Cloverhoney as she bounced on her paws and began explaining what she was doing, and her enthusiasm flooded over Hawkfur, automatically uplifting his mood. "I have no doubt!" He agreed readily, tail flicking behind him.

Suddenly Sparrowswoop was darting away, and Hawkfur felt a little frustration at himself at how he flinched at the sudden movement. He sighed, bringing his uninjured leg up to clean his face. When Sparrowswoop returned with the rabbit, he nodded. "Good catch." Turning to Cloverhoney again, he gestured towards the tree. "Don't stop on our account! I want to see you master that move!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old March 3rd, 2024, 11:04 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 47 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur raised a white cat brow at Sparrowswoop, glancing down at his bandaged leg. "I did get it checked out, thank you." He replied a little curtly. Let them speak to Twilightstar--poor leader had enough going on as it was, the cave patrol had been a disaster. Maybe they'd get an earful. Then Hawkfur felt a little guilty for thinking that, wondering if he was spending a little too much time around Vixenstare. Nah. The red tom glanced over at Cloverhoney as she bounced on her paws and began explaining what she was doing, and her enthusiasm flooded over Hawkfur, automatically uplifting his mood. "I have no doubt!" He agreed readily, tail flicking behind him.

Suddenly Sparrowswoop was darting away, and Hawkfur felt a little frustration at himself at how he flinched at the sudden movement. He sighed, bringing his uninjured leg up to clean his face. When Sparrowswoop returned with the rabbit, he nodded. "Good catch." Turning to Cloverhoney again, he gestured towards the tree. "Don't stop on our account! I want to see you master that move!"

Sparrowswoop flinched slightly. She hadn´t seen the bandage on Hawkfur´s leg.

Setting the rabbit down, the she-cat gave a soft murmur. ´´S-Sorry..´´

Sparrowswoop lifted her head after a moment, turning to Cloverhoney. ´´Try being a bit more cautious, perhaps,´´ She meowed. ´´And when you land on the ground after bouncing off the tree, dig your claws into the earth to keep yourself from skidding, and keep your tail high to retain your balance.´´

The bracken-and-white she-cat tilted her head. ´´I´ll demonstrate.´´

Sparrowswoop got to her paws, crouching. She raced forward. Leaping towards the tree, the molly bounded off of it and landed smoothly onto the earth, digging in her claws and raising her tail high.

She stepped forward and touched her nose to Cloverhoney´s ear tip. ´´Now, you try.´´

Sparrowswoop turned to Hawkfur. ´´I will do any and all demonstrating. You will stay sitting down and keeping your weight off that leg.´´ She gestured to his bandaged leg.

[ @silver. ]

Characters W/ Purrks

Old March 3rd, 2024, 11:23 AM
silly little guy

Quote:

[ @silver. ]

Quote:
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 47 moons
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·

cloverhoney

---

Oh? An audience? Reminded her of simpler days where she would delight in the cheering of two-legs as she preformed her far more simple tricks. Though smiling faces and standing ovations were something she missed she had more creativity here. At first it hurt to have been left behind but now? The freedom to practice whatever she wanted? That was more amazing than anything! Eyes locked onto Hawkfur when clover's given the encouragement to keep trying right here and right now, she beams with unbridled excitement before her attention turns back to the tree. It was kind of Sparrowswoop to have run off and hunted something down for them but she was so hyper-focused on her new task at paw that she could hardly think about the rumbling in her stomach! It was show time!

"Well alright then, my good tom, prepare yourself! Because one of these times you're going to see the most incredible sight you've ever seen!"

[ Cloverhoney rolled a 6 to perform her trick! ]

Then the other molly goes bounding and jumping and stealing her thunder. An ear flicks in mild irritation but the younger warrior brushes it off, choosing to ignore the display in it's entirety. For Star's sake she was a performer! A trick master! A cat that two-legs came to see prance around on two legs and twirl like it was the most incredible thing they had ever seen! She didn't need a demonstration... She needed practice! And thus she would keep going.

Cue the drum roll, the dimming of the beams of light from artificial suns above... Because clover was back at it again with more conviction than ever! Strengthened by the tom's words, again she goes at the tree to ultimately achieve the same result. Running, springing off, and not landing on her feet like she wanted. This time her face skids along the ground, dirtying the white fur that she dons there with muddled earth. It doesn't get her down, though, because in a moment she's back on her paws with a wide smile and an intense look in her eye.

"Not bad that time, huh? But I assure ya I'm gonna get it, you'll see~ Just keep watching now, both of you!"

So what if her face stung a bit? The show must go on!

[ Cloverhoney rolled a 16 to perform her trick! ]

Now that was more like it! Thank you kindly, dice. Butt wiggling behind her as she prepares another attempt, she feels a lot better about the way she lifts off from the ground in her leap. It was tough to remember her training but this time it seems as though she manages because after she springs off the tree bark she twists over herself and lands neatly on her paws. The impact from hitting the ground rumbles up through her legs and she grits her teeth through her smile, but ultimately she finds her posture and stands up straight, awaiting her praise.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 11:30 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:

cloverhoney

---

Oh? An audience? Reminded her of simpler days where she would delight in the cheering of two-legs as she preformed her far more simple tricks. Though smiling faces and standing ovations were something she missed she had more creativity here. At first it hurt to have been left behind but now? The freedom to practice whatever she wanted? That was more amazing than anything! Eyes locked onto Hawkfur when clover's given the encouragement to keep trying right here and right now, she beams with unbridled excitement before her attention turns back to the tree. It was kind of Sparrowswoop to have run off and hunted something down for them but she was so hyper-focused on her new task at paw that she could hardly think about the rumbling in her stomach! It was show time!

"Well alright then, my good tom, prepare yourself! Because one of these times you're going to see the most incredible sight you've ever seen!"

[ Cloverhoney rolled a 6 to perform her trick! ]

Then the other molly goes bounding and jumping and stealing her thunder. An ear flicks in mild irritation but the younger warrior brushes it off, choosing to ignore the display in it's entirety. For Star's sake she was a performer! A trick master! A cat that two-legs came to see prance around on two legs and twirl like it was the most incredible thing they had ever seen! She didn't need a demonstration... She needed practice! And thus she would keep going.

Cue the drum roll, the dimming of the beams of light from artificial suns above... Because clover was back at it again with more conviction than ever! Strengthened by the tom's words, again she goes at the tree to ultimately achieve the same result. Running, springing off, and not landing on her feet like she wanted. This time her face skids along the ground, dirtying the white fur that she dons there with muddled earth. It doesn't get her down, though, because in a moment she's back on her paws with a wide smile and an intense look in her eye.

"Not bad that time, huh? But I assure ya I'm gonna get it, you'll see~ Just keep watching now, both of you!"

So what if her face stung a bit? The show must go on!

[ Cloverhoney rolled a 16 to perform her trick! ]

Now that was more like it! Thank you kindly, dice. Butt wiggling behind her as she prepares another attempt, she feels a lot better about the way she lifts off from the ground in her leap. It was tough to remember her training but this time it seems as though she manages because after she springs off the tree bark she twists over herself and lands neatly on her paws. The impact from hitting the ground rumbles up through her legs and she grits her teeth through her smile, but ultimately she finds her posture and stands up straight, awaiting her praise.

A spark of irritation flashed through Sparrowswoop, and she was sure that Hawkfur and Cloverhoney could see it in her eyes.

She shook her head as Cloverhoney landed wrong on the first attempt after Sparrowswoop´s demonstration. ´´Perhaps it is the angle you´re at,´´ The warrior chirped, trying to keep her voice friendly. Though by the way her shoulder fur bristled and her tail was bushed up, it was clear that the molly was agitated.

Though, the second time, Cloverhoney had done much, much better.

´´Excellent!´´ Sparrowswoop purred, her tail waving in the air. ´´I do advise practicing the move a couple more times so you can get the hang of it.´´

[ @Micanomancy ]

Characters W/ Purrks

Last edited by paris; March 3rd, 2024 at 11:33 AM.