Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Starphobia
Today 07:09 AM
✩Star's Mass YCH Trade!✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 06:49 AM
two slow dancers ||...
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 06:44 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by sylvia26
Today 05:32 AM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by sylvia26
Today 05:17 AM

Old June 2nd, 2019, 06:30 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Streamstone

"All cats old enough to catch their own fish, meet below the Streamstone for a clan meeting!" the leader bellowed. He shuffled his paws, pushing away any pebbles or sharp rocks that prodded at his pads. "As many of you know...we haven't had any warrior or apprentice ceremonies in a while. That is on me, with the Spring celebration planning and organizing, I haven't had the time to hold them. But today all those who have earned their warrior names, and all those who have become of age to be apprencices will now be given their respectful ceremonies. I apologize for the long wait." he said, dipping his head to show how serious he was. He was sure many kits were itching to go out and explore, and many hard working apprentices eager to earn their warrior name and wear it with pride.

"First. The warrior ceremonies. Jewelpaw [ @Fuzzyfeline ] Rowanpaw and... Mirepaw? [ @Hexict ] " He paused, looking at Mirepaw with a questioning gaze. "I don't remember giving you a mentor...or holding an apprentice ceremony for you..." after looking at the bengal a moment longer he shook his head and continued. "Must have slipped my mind. Anyways. You three, please step forwards. You have all proven your capability and loyalty during the battles with the Dusk Syndicate. Do you promise to uphold the Warrior Code and protect your clan, even if it costs you your life?"

'I do.'

Than by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Jewelpaw, from this moment onwards, you will be known as Jewelriver, Starclan honors your Honesty and Selfnesness."

"Rowanpaw, from this moment forwards you will be known as Rowanfox. Starclan honors your determination and fighting spirit."

and Lastly, Mirepaw...From this moment on you will be known as Mirethorn. Starclan honors your morality and loyalty."

Fallenstar stood there for a moment, letting his clanmates cheer for their new warriors before continuing on. Though he wanted them to celebrate, there were other soon to be apprentices who were just as eager to earn their new name.

"Next. The Apprentice Ceremonies. Coastkit [ @Zero to Hero ] , Pebblekit [ @Dust ] , Coralkit [ @/Fuzzyfeline] and Snipkit [ @Gold ] please step forwards." He said. Giving them a moment to get to the center, allowing the mothers and fathers to clean them up before their big moment.
"You have all reached the age of 6 moons and are ready to become apprentices.

Coastkit, from this moment on, until you earn your warrior name, you will be known as Coastpaw. I will be your mentor. I will do my best to pass down all I have learned unto you.

Pebblekit, from this moment on, till you recieve your warrior name, you will be known as Pebblepaw. Firehawk [ @BILL. ] will be your mentor. I'm sure he will pass down all he knows onto you.

Coralkit, from this moment on until your recieve your warrior name, you will be known as Coralpaw. Your mentor will be Lionsmoke [ @GLaDOS ] , I'm sure they will pass down all they have learned onto you.

and lastly Snipkit, from this moment forwards, until you earn your warrior name, you will be known as Snippaw. You will be mentored by Flipheart [ @hope ] I'm positive they will pass down all they were taught unto you. "

"Now. For our final ceremony of the night. Riverpaw, after the battle and fixing the camp. Your new mentor will be Mistfall [ @/Hexcit ] I'm sure she will pass down all she knows onto you.

With that, Ceremonies have been completed."

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old June 2nd, 2019, 11:15 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Ears pricked and eyes alight with alertness, Fawnpaw gathered with his clanmates as he heard the beginnings of a ceremony, wondering if Lionstorm had already managed to demote himself from the position of deputy; however, it appeared it was several of his acquaintances ranking up instead, presumably a better move for the Clan than a deputy demotion. Maybe. Shaking the thoughts away, he listened to each clanmate being called up and awarded their new ranks, cheering with the others as the names rose in vocalizations of approval and congratulations. It seemed as though RiverClan was only getting stronger as greenleaf swept the landscape.

Training his gaze on Mirepaw-- Mirethorn, he inwardly corrected himself, he broke into a smile as he padded toward him once the ceremony concluded. "Wow, that's exciting," he meowed, impressed, "becoming a warrior and everything." There was a slight pause as he considered the suffix denoting his achievement, and Fawnpaw inquired with a tip of his head, "Why.. did Fallenstar choose 'thorn' for you, anyway? I guess you don't strike me as a, uh, thorn type." It felt unrelated to his warrior attributes of morality and loyalty, a point of confusion for Fawnpaw.

@Hexict

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old June 3rd, 2019, 04:47 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Firehawk beamed as he approached the small form of Pebblepaw, gently bopping his nose against his. A mentor again? He was surprised Fallenstar still assigned him apprentices when there were plenty of other warriors eager to teach their youth. He didn't mind it, however-- he quite enjoyed spending time with the younger cats, and his last two apprentices had gone well. He was fond of Angelwing and Cedarbug, two fine warriors who served the Clan well.

"Hello," he greeted his new apprentice warmly. "Are you ready to begin your training, or would you like to settle into the apprentice den first?"

@Dust

Lionstorm, on the other paw, was not as pleased as his disowned father as he gazed at the group of newly named warriors and apprentices. Why was Fallenstar making most of these cats warriors? It was appalling to him-- even Fallenstar couldn't remember making one of them an apprentice, and the other one hardly had a mentor considering he was assigned Honeypool as soon as she returned.

To make matters worse, Fawnpaw-- his Fawnpaw, was talking to one of these cats. What in dead fish was he doing? This 'Mire' cat wasn't worth his time. Only Lionstorm was.

Deciding to take matters into his own paws, he strolled over to the duo, muzzle twisting with displeasure. "You're really not a 'thorn type'," he agreed as he neared. "For someone so morally righteous, I'd figure you for a 'heart.'"

@Dipper, @Hexict

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules

Last edited by BEAR.; June 3rd, 2019 at 04:49 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 05:08 AM
the stars are aligned

[[ Waiting on Hexict to set the posting order cx ]]

Unaware of Lionstorm's approach until he was joining them, Fawnpaw blinked at him in curiosity and wondered if he was coming to congratulate Mirethorn as well. His prediction didn't last long, not after Lionstorm seemingly took a jab at him for his moral stances.. though, he really couldn't tell if it was intended to be a backhanded compliment or if that was simply Lionstorm's default. "Heart would be a neat suffix," he agreed thoughtfully, peering between them. As if trying it aloud, he said, "Mireheart. Does kind of sound nice."

Glancing back at Lionstorm, he did a quick, internal evaluation of his own name and mentioned rather cheekily, "As for Lionstorm... yeah, that suits you." Lionyowl or -roar could work too, basing it off of his tendency to always be a couple decibels louder than what was necessary, but -storm captured his personality better than any alternative. Besides, Lionaroundallday didn't really work now that he was deputy. "Geez, I can't believe I called you Goldenfrost," he said, an awkward laugh tumbling from him at his own ridiculous antics that felt so long ago, but the cringe of his early apprentice days faded soon to give way to a more playful glint. "I mean, you're obviously more of a Goldentongue."

@BILL. ; @Hexict

Last edited by Fawn; June 3rd, 2019 at 05:41 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 09:12 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

[ @Dipper ; @BILL. ]

He easily ignored the fact that Fallenstar did not remember his apprentice ceremony. The tom was sure that he had conducted many ceremonies over the moons of being leader. Plus, he didn't know the leader personally and really didn't care if he remembered him or not. That wasn't the important thing to take away from this moment. Mirethorn felt a warmth in his chest as he heard his new name being announced in front of the clan. Though he suddenly hit with a loneliness as he realized that his family wouldn't be here to congratulate him. He was sure that the other newly made warriors and the apprentices had their families here for this moment. The tom tried to keep these thought at bay as he hated feelings of jealousy.

And then there he was.

The alabaster and brown warrior couldn't help but smile as Fawnpaw approached him, providing congratulations on his new rank. "Thanks," the warm feeling in his chest returned. He was glad that Fawnpaw was here for him. The younger tom could have easily went back to his duties and training after the ceremony completed, but Mirethorn was greatly glad that he decided to be here instead. As the apprentice questioned him about his new suffix, the tom glanced at the ground in embarrassment. "Yes... it may seem a bit random." He had his reasons for taking his mother's suffix and he hoped that Fawnpaw would understand. With this thought he suddenly realized that the tom in front of him was the only one who's opinion mattered to him. But that made sense. Fawnpaw was really the only cat that he was close to.

Before he could really explain about the meaning behind his suffix, a golden tabby appeared. The newly made warrior blinked in surprise at Lionstorm. He flicked a confusion glance towards Fawnpaw. The tom did not know the deputy, so he wasn't expecting to be approached by him. A feeling of uncertainty settled in him as he looked Lionstorm over. There was a negative energy about him but Mirethorn couldn't place it.... Even though he may not being one to make many friends - or being generally friendly - he wasn't too quick to make enemies either. Despite this, he couldn't help it. The tom felt an instant dislike towards the deputy. "Sorry, but you hear a couple of my traits and now you know what name 'type' fits me?" Mirethorn tried to keep the venom from his tone, but it still came out a bit harsh. Glancing over at Fawnpaw he wasn't sure if he was being too harsh. He frowned slightly as Fawnpaw agreed with the suffix 'heart'. Neither of them really understood that he wanted his mother's suffix, but he was aware that they didn't know. Though he was not interested in explaining now since he didn't exactly wish to tell Lionstorm.

As Fawnpaw began talking about Lionstorm's name, the alabaster warrior gave a confused look. He didn't know Lionstorm, so he wasn't sure how well that name went with the golden tom but Fawnpaw seemed to think it was suiting. Though he quickly let out a chuckle once the smaller tom stated that Lionstorm's name could also be 'Goldentongue' instead.

​»» - ———— ❈ ———— - ««

[ @Fuzzyfeline ]

(if you don't want to roleplay them right now, that's fine~)

Mistfall had joined the clan to witness the newest ceremonies, but the molly's mind had been elsewhere. For the past few days she wasn't getting much sleep and her mental state seemed to lagging behind her. Not to mention she tended to focus on her duties even when she wasn't performing them. The molly wished that sleep didn't evade her like this. She enjoyed to get a good night's rest, especially when he didn't have dreams. Though it has been many moons, she was still glad that there was no Dark Forest waiting for her at night. It was a relief. But due to the recent changes in her personal relationships, the grey warrior found it difficult to settle down and sleep. Though she couldn't exactly explain why in anymore detail.

Having zoned out she was completely shocked to have heard her name being called. Pale gaze shot up towards Fallenstar, she quickly tried to figure out what was happening. It didn't take long to realize that she had been given another apprentice. Mistfall felt a little surprised by this, but there wasn't much reason to be. She was in her late thirty moons and had only officially trained one apprentice. The molly always seemed a bit too busy to be taking on apprentices so the thought never really occurred to her until now. Shaking her head she glanced around for the silver tabby that Fallenstar seemed to be looking at when announcing Mistfall's name. She tilted her head as she tried to figure out what to say to her new apprentice.

Getting up, she began to head in Riverpaw's direction. "Hello, I'm Mistfall," the warrior introduced herself and politely dipped her head in greeting. She felt a bit awkward but hoped that Riverpaw couldn't tell that much. Mistfall hoped that she would be a good mentor to the smaller feline and that the two of them would get along.

She also hoped that the tabby would provide her own name, because Mistfall completely missed that part.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; June 3rd, 2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:17 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Lionstorm's muzzle jerked into a smirk, eyes glistening as he looked at Fawnpaw. Ah, yes. Give him all the attention, and not the cat that didn't recognize the superior name option. Mirethorn. What a joke.

"Goldentongue?" he questioned Fawnpaw. "At that rate, your parents should've named you Spiritpaw.. because you're out of this world." Lionstorm winked at him playfully, tail swishing to lightly run across Fawnpaw's flank.

As for Mirethorn-- he detected the venom but didn't care. "Is it wrong?" he questioned. "Because names like 'thorn' denote fighting ability or an aggressive personality, and the last time you had a chance to fight you went running out of camp with Fawnpaw."

Turning his attention to Fawnpaw, he continued. "I have some things to attend to. I'll see you later, alright? Maybe we can go on a walk like you wanted earlier."

@Dipper, @Hexict

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old June 4th, 2019, 12:24 AM
the stars are aligned

"It kind of does," Fawnpaw meowed to Mirethorn, in agreement that the suffix felt a bit random considering what he knew about the tom -- which admittedly, wasn't much, especially in terms of family. "Did Fallenstar just choose it because... he liked the name? Or was it something you wanted?" From Mirethorn's reaction, he couldn't determine which and was simply hoping he didn't overstep an invisible boundary in his curiosity and search for answers. As if trying to backtrack, he added quickly, "It's not that it doesn't sound nice, though. Mirethorn is..." Well, 'pretty' wouldn't be a great descriptor since -thorn didn't exactly invoke images of beauty. So instead, he eventually settled on, "Tough, I guess."

It wasn't difficult to see that Mirethorn's mood dropped when Lionstorm came over to them, and Fawnpaw was left wondering what had transpired between the two to place this tenseness into their encounter. Despite his hopes for a smooth interaction, that was dashed when Mirethorn's harshness rose to the surface in his response to Lionstorm -- maybe a fair judgment if they truly didn't know each other (Fawnpaw wasn't sure what to believe when Mirethorn's reaction to him said otherwise), but the impatience probably hadn't helped matters. "I..." Fawnpaw was a little caught off guard, rigid at the intensity of the question even if it was directed at Lionstorm. "I've told him a bit about you, I thought... that would be okay?" But now he was second guessing that, hoping Mirethorn wouldn't be upset about it.

When questioned about the name Goldentongue, Fawnpaw let out a puff of a laugh. "Yeah, it's the nicest thing I can say in front of," he tipped his head toward the clanmates that were still gathered around the Streamstone. "Without getting my ears boxed." The tail swiping his flank was noted with a questioning, amused look, but he nodded as Lionstorm essentially excused himself from the discussion with a hum. "I'll see you later," he echoed and turned his attention to Mirethorn.

Peering expectantly, the smallest of smiles crossed his muzzle as he said, "I don't think you ever did mention why your name became Mirethorn."

@BILL. ; @Hexict

Old June 7th, 2019, 03:00 PM

[ @Dipper ; @BILL. ]

Pale gaze narrowed as he noticed Lionstorm's smirk. The tom felt slightly annoyed by the golden tabby. At first he wondered why the deputy had approached him but it wasn't to difficult to figure out. Mirethorn quickly caught on that Lionstorm wasn't here for him, he was here for Fawnpaw. The older tom was quick to give all of his attention to the young apprentice and seemed to be ignoring Mirethorn. The newly made warrior didn't mind Lionstorm not really bothering with him, but it was irritating that he interrupted him and Fawnpaw just to talk with the latter.

Mirethorn turned and stared at Fawnpaw for a few moments at the younger tom's statement. The white and brown warrior turned away and watched the ground, trying to hide a hurt look. Did Fawnpaw really think that his entire character could be summed up in two words? Or at least enough for others to tell him what his name should and should not be. He didn't say anything when Fawnpaw continued and said that his name was 'tough'. Mirethorn didn't feel as though that part needed a response. He reminded himself not to care what others thought of his name and to ignore their words. The tom didn't care what his name evoked. He didn't care if it was pretty or tough or anything. His blue gaze returned to Fawnpaw, though his gaze was emotionless this time. "I wanted this name," he stated simply.

Lionstorm's presence was made worse when he acted as though he knew Mirethorn. His dark ears flattened as the deputy brought up the stereotypical personality for the name 'thorn' as well as the time when Mirethorn had fled with Fawnpaw. The last part left him in shock. He didn't know how Lionstorm would have known that. Again, he did not feel the need to give a response. He wasn't going to deny it and he had no intention of explaining himself to the older tom. The younger warrior couldn't help but feeling a unfamiliar sensation of jealousy. He wasn't use to being jealous of someone, but these feelings formed as he watched Lionstorm and Fawnpaw. He assumed that he felt this way mostly due to his already forming dislike for the older tom.

He felt relief as the tabby departed.

Mirethorn turned back to Fawnpaw as he questioned again about his name. The tom frowned as he debated whether to tell him or not. "I'll... tell you about it some other time," he forced a weak smile. The tom genuinely felt discouraged from talking about his name right now. Maybe he would explain it another time to Fawnpaw, but now just didn't feel like the time. "How have you been?" It was obvious that he was trying to change the subject.

Old June 7th, 2019, 03:27 PM
the stars are aligned

[pretty sure Lion walked away so I'll just respond next @Hexict ]

In Mirethorn's silence, Fawnpaw tilted his head as he wondered what he was thinking about, if it was Lionstorm's words or what had upset him. A mental review of what'd transpired so far didn't reveal much, though he hoped he wasn't an element of this sudden uncomfortable air between them, a churning in his stomach that had him concerned how Mirethorn was perceiving all of this. Unaware of how Mirethorn was hurt by his remark and viewed it as synonymous with thinking Lionstorm's judgments were fair, Fawnpaw could merely peer on in confusion and ponder the possibility of Mirethorn taking it out of context that framed it as a reason for Lionstorm to minimally know who he was, not know him completely.

"Oh, that's awesome," he said, but his voice was a rasp as he was abruptly drawn from his thoughts to the present. It was a little unnerving to see a very... dead look in Mirethorn's eyes that chilled him and ushered in a new wave of feeling uncertain about this, so he cleared his throat. "I'm glad you got the name that you wanted. It's uh..." Well, Fawnpaw believed it sounded nice linguistically and spoke to Mirethorn's character in terms of toughness, but he'd already said that and realized he'd just be repeating himself. "...yeah."

The frown wasn't helping Fawnpaw determine where they stood with one another, and he swallowed hard, kicking a front paw at the ground sheepishly under his gaze. "Uh, okay. Sure. I... that sounds fine." It was a little choked as he felt the tension between them rise, things still weren't right. And he didn't know what to do about that but could determine the continuation of this interaction wouldn't be any less uncomfortable.

"I'm alright, I guess?" he finally said, though the end was lifted to make it sound more like a question. "You know.. the usual stuff." He didn't know what to say, and his eyes were everywhere but on Mirethorn since he couldn't keep his composure together under his eyes. Quieter, he forced, "You probably have a lot of things to do now that, y'know, you're a warrior, probably..." it was a stilted ramble, then he forced a shaky smile that disappeared soon after. "I'll let you get to them?" Fawnpaw had lost his nerve by the end of that and had ducked away, apprehension soaring in him as he began to disappear into the thinning crowd of cats.

[ & you can decide if we stop this one here or keep going :0 ]

Old June 9th, 2019, 11:43 AM

[ @Dipper ]

(yeah, i think this would be a pretty good place for the roleplay to come to an end)

Silently scolding himself, Mirethorn felt how uncomfortable is quickly became between the two of them. He was still upset about Fawnpaw and Lionstorm making it obvious that he should change his name despite it not being any of their business. But he didn't like the awkward feeling that had settled. he did enjoy Fawnpaw's company and was a bit mad at himself for dampening the mood. Mirethorn would tell that Fawnpaw was trying to figure out what was going on with the older tom. But... he was still a bit upset by the whole thing. It wasn't anything huge, but it felt like it to the newly made warrior. This was something he would talk about another time, not right now.

Disappointed glinted in his gaze when Fawnpaw gave a simple answer of how he'd been lately. Mirethorn understood that it had gotten too awkward at the moment and made a note to talk to Fawnpaw a later time and clear the air between them. It hurt that the smaller tom was unable to look at him. The alabaster warrior cleared his throat as the spotted feline pointed out that he must have warrior duties to get to. "Yes... I guess I do...." He wanted to say something as he watched Fawnpaw slowly stepping back into the crowd in the clearing. "I'll see you some time later, right?" It was an awkward - and almost desperate - attempt to see Fawnpaw at some point and try to get rid of how uncomfortable it became. "Since I'm a warrior now I can always take you out on the territory if you ever need it for anything? Or to just get out once in awhile?" As he spoke, the tom felt doubt that Fawnpaw would accept. after all, Lionstorm had just offered to take him out onto the territory as well. And at this moment, Fawnpaw was getting along better with him.