Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Art Fight 2024
by nyx
Last post by Morrigan
Today 11:47 AM
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Spookez.
Today 11:46 AM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by Morrigan
Today 11:29 AM
Willow art please?
Last post by forest
Today 11:05 AM

Old March 11th, 2024, 09:13 AM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3cc766 View Post
->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons, the collector, herb2] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

she shrugged, perhaps she had been lucky and was more fluffy than she thought she was in the first place, "im sure you'll get fluffier eventually" she ensured, kits would still get fluffier though- right-
"i was very confused at first, i have to admit" she chuckled, "he didnt really tell me anything important, not about the clan at least, i was more about myself if anything? which i just realise sounds very silly" she grimaced, she did feel very valued and admittedly 'special' for getting the opportunity to talk to blazingstar and for him to dedicate his time to her silly problems but as he had said, the clans and starclan were meant to be more connected and he was doing his best.
"maybe a cat will visit you in your dreams one day" she gave the kit a friendly lick, "do you want to know anything else? im not very good at becoming a warrior but you havent gotten any clan lessons yet, right?" they offered, blazingstars words lingering at the back of her mind, perhaps he would be happy to see what decisions she was making.

@Marigoldwhisper

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC
"Keep your head up! You need to look at the world around you!"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Her eyes rounded out into wide shock. She shook her head slowly. "No, I haven't." Her tail twitched thoughtfully. "I guess I've just been too tired lately..."

She knew a little bit, but obviously not enough. She knew that Riverclan existed, but apparently there were more clans, one of them being Thunderclan. She also knew that Riverclan cats swim, even though Marigoldkit was never found of the water, she'd have to give it a try sooner or later.

"You're not a good warrior?" Marigoldkit smiled with all of her teeth. "You just so wisely prophesized that some glittery cat might visit me someday. You might not be a 'good warrior'," she paused to emphasize her invisible quotation markes. "But, you're an awesome friend. I bet a lot of cats like to talk to you."

She laughed, and that laugh turned into a short coughing fit. "Bleh-" she snorted.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old March 12th, 2024, 03:50 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Her eyes rounded out into wide shock. She shook her head slowly. "No, I haven't." Her tail twitched thoughtfully. "I guess I've just been too tired lately..."

She knew a little bit, but obviously not enough. She knew that Riverclan existed, but apparently there were more clans, one of them being Thunderclan. She also knew that Riverclan cats swim, even though Marigoldkit was never found of the water, she'd have to give it a try sooner or later.

"You're not a good warrior?" Marigoldkit smiled with all of her teeth. "You just so wisely prophesized that some glittery cat might visit me someday. You might not be a 'good warrior'," she paused to emphasize her invisible quotation markes. "But, you're an awesome friend. I bet a lot of cats like to talk to you."

She laughed, and that laugh turned into a short coughing fit. "Bleh-" she snorted.

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons] <<-
purrks: dreamwalker, the collector, herb2

"well. you can ask me whatever you want!" the apprentice replied, in her opinion it wasnt really an issue to not have taken any kit classes yet, heck she almost doesnt remember her own anymore, but questions hmm questions are always good. apart from swimming lessons of course but those would have to wait until marigoldkit got her strength back.
"noo- i wouldnt necessarily say im a good apprentice" she grimaced, "in all honestly im old enough to earn my warrior name but not even halfway done training" minkpaw shrugged, she wasnt rushing to earn her name anyway. marigoldkits compliments were admittedly one of the few nice things she'd had the past few days, her coughing wasnt. "you okay?" perhaps she would be able to 'try out', however gruesome that sounded, her newly earned herbal knowledge for that one..

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store

Last edited by alec; March 12th, 2024 at 03:51 AM.
Old March 12th, 2024, 12:02 PM

Quote:

"well. you can ask me whatever you want!" the apprentice replied, in her opinion it wasnt really an issue to not have taken any kit classes yet, heck she almost doesnt remember her own anymore, but questions hmm questions are always good. apart from swimming lessons of course but those would have to wait until marigoldkit got her strength back.
"noo- i wouldnt necessarily say im a good apprentice" she grimaced, "in all honestly im old enough to earn my warrior name but not even halfway done training" minkpaw shrugged, she wasnt rushing to earn her name anyway. marigoldkits compliments were admittedly one of the few nice things she'd had the past few days, her coughing wasnt. "you okay?" perhaps she would be able to 'try out', however gruesome that sounded, her newly earned herbal knowledge for that one..
Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

The caped kit blinked apologetically at Minkpaw. "No, it's fine, really! Happens a lot. I just have something stuck in my throat. Not a big deal! I'll, uh... Digest it sooner or later? Yep."

She didn't want to add how all this gagging only started after she ate that cursed rabbit. Worrying anybody about quite literally anything was not something she liked to do. She'd cough it up sooner or later, then she'd finally figure out what the heck was in her throat.

"Could just be a hairball." She assured with a shrug, her eyes wandering elsewhere.

She chewed at her unsharpened claws, not really knowing what else to do with herself. "I can ask anything?" her curled ear twitched in itching suspicion. "Okie dokie. Do I have to swim? It was nearly impossible to get into camp with that river." Marigoldkit shivered as if she was back in the cold. She remembered the water being really icy and thick, obviously uncaring towards her already frail circumstance.

She was never fond of water, and she wasn't about to be now. No way, no way.

"What other clans are there? Are they all hostile? Do other clans have different rules? What do you mean by, 'warrior name?' you're quite big. Big enough to be a warrior I'm guessing."

My Art Shop!
Old March 12th, 2024, 02:54 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:
Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

The caped kit blinked apologetically at Minkpaw. "No, it's fine, really! Happens a lot. I just have something stuck in my throat. Not a big deal! I'll, uh... Digest it sooner or later? Yep."

She didn't want to add how all this gagging only started after she ate that cursed rabbit. Worrying anybody about quite literally anything was not something she liked to do. She'd cough it up sooner or later, then she'd finally figure out what the heck was in her throat.

"Could just be a hairball." She assured with a shrug, her eyes wandering elsewhere.

She chewed at her unsharpened claws, not really knowing what else to do with herself. "I can ask anything?" her curled ear twitched in itching suspicion. "Okie dokie. Do I have to swim? It was nearly impossible to get into camp with that river." Marigoldkit shivered as if she was back in the cold. She remembered the water being really icy and thick, obviously uncaring towards her already frail circumstance.

She was never fond of water, and she wasn't about to be now. No way, no way.

"What other clans are there? Are they all hostile? Do other clans have different rules? What do you mean by, 'warrior name?' you're quite big. Big enough to be a warrior I'm guessing."

"let me know if it keeps happening or gets worse okay?" she instructed the kit, seeking eye contact, no matter how much she actually disliked doing so, to properly communicate she was serious about this. she didnt continue her thought out loud though, no need making marigoldkit uncomfortable and retreat.
minkpaw just nodded in confirmation at the kits question, "yeah, swimming is mandatory- you have to learn to swim so you can be safe here and you can catch fish then" she explained "but you dont need to worry about that right now, you have to get stronger first and its too cold to learn swimming right now anyways..maybe i can teach you when its time" she smiled, she vaguely remembered her first swim lesson and how scary it was at first, being a outsider herself and only learning to swim when she was already old enough to have a vague grasp of how dangerous it could be. "but we also have a place with warm water in our territory, its a bit further away but im sure you'll like it" maybe she would be old- experienced enough to take marigoldkit herself when it was time..
"there is thunderclan, their leader is bumblestar, then there is shadowclan lead by dawnstar and windclan with twilightstar. i dont know a lot about this but i think thunderclan and windclan like us least although i havent really heard from windclan recently.." they trailed off. "uhm i think the other clans follow the warrior code too but their leaders have the last say anyway." minkpaw shrugged, everycat made their own decisions so the clans bound to be different just because cats are different from one another. "im an apprentice right now, that means im still being trained. but im old enough to become a warrior because im 12 moons old now. every apprentice has their name and then 'paw' so minkpaw, cobwebpaw, adderpaw and that kinda stuff, you'll be marigoldpaw when youre older." she explained, "youre a kit right now, thats why your name is marigoldkit, you can become an apprentice when youre 6 moons old. but everyone is different and that stuff so dont worry if you dont become an apprentice at 6 moons...oh and apprentices are trained by cats that are already warriors..hunting, fighting, learning the territory and that stuff you know." they rambled on, "when a apprentice is done training they get their warrior ceremony and get a new name! my friend mistypaw recently became a warrior and shes mistyshard now!..theres medicine cats too and thats pretty much the same but i think they have to know different things to earn their name...and leaders! birdsnow is our leader now and she'll go ask starclan for their acceptance and then she'll be birdstar...sorry was that too much?" she grimaced, finally done with her information dump..for now at least.

(its rambling time )

━━━━━━━━
Old March 12th, 2024, 03:30 PM

Quote:

"let me know if it keeps happening or gets worse okay?" she instructed the kit, seeking eye contact, no matter how much she actually disliked doing so, to properly communicate she was serious about this. she didnt continue her thought out loud though, no need making marigoldkit uncomfortable and retreat.
minkpaw just nodded in confirmation at the kits question, "yeah, swimming is mandatory- you have to learn to swim so you can be safe here and you can catch fish then" she explained "but you dont need to worry about that right now, you have to get stronger first and its too cold to learn swimming right now anyways..maybe i can teach you when its time" she smiled, she vaguely remembered her first swim lesson and how scary it was at first, being a outsider herself and only learning to swim when she was already old enough to have a vague grasp of how dangerous it could be. "but we also have a place with warm water in our territory, its a bit further away but im sure you'll like it" maybe she would be old- experienced enough to take marigoldkit herself when it was time..
"there is thunderclan, their leader is bumblestar, then there is shadowclan lead by dawnstar and windclan with twilightstar. i dont know a lot about this but i think thunderclan and windclan like us least although i havent really heard from windclan recently.." they trailed off. "uhm i think the other clans follow the warrior code too but their leaders have the last say anyway." minkpaw shrugged, everycat made their own decisions so the clans bound to be different just because cats are different from one another. "im an apprentice right now, that means im still being trained. but im old enough to become a warrior because im 12 moons old now. every apprentice has their name and then 'paw' so minkpaw, cobwebpaw, adderpaw and that kinda stuff, you'll be marigoldpaw when youre older." she explained, "youre a kit right now, thats why your name is marigoldkit, you can become an apprentice when youre 6 moons old. but everyone is different and that stuff so dont worry if you dont become an apprentice at 6 moons...oh and apprentices are trained by cats that are already warriors..hunting, fighting, learning the territory and that stuff you know." they rambled on, "when a apprentice is done training they get their warrior ceremony and get a new name! my friend mistypaw recently became a warrior and shes mistyshard now!..theres medicine cats too and thats pretty much the same but i think they have to know different things to earn their name...and leaders! birdsnow is our leader now and she'll go ask starclan for their acceptance and then she'll be birdstar...sorry was that too much?" she grimaced, finally done with her information dump..for now at least.

(its rambling time )

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Thunderclan, Windclan, Shadowclan... Windclan? Souded kind of breezy. Did they live on the hills maybe? Where was it the windeyist??? Shadowclan just sounded ominous, akin to the name of the Darkforest. She wondered why that clan hadn't raided Riverclan... Or any other clan for that matter.

Swimming is mandatory? Marigoldkit slumped slightly before perking back up, hoping her lack of excitement was unreadable. Twilightstar was a pretty name though, she liked that name. Hopefully they were a good leader.

Birdsnow was her leader apparently. Marigoldkit liked that name as well. She tried to imagine the cat, her pink nose twitching up like a rabbit.

Perhaps she had been thinking for too long. Silence seemed to dance between the two cats, so she urged herself to say something.

"I'll let you know, I promise." Marigoldkit said very convincingly, or as convincing as she could sound, which wasn't much. She did mean it though. She already Minkpaw as a very trustworthy cat, she'd probably go to her about the silliest things. "It's a lot of information, but I think I've got it. Thank you, really."

She chewed on Minkpaw's words for a moment more before responding. "What do you want your warrior name to be? I know that I'd want to be something really interesting and fun! Like uh... Marigoldhop, or Marigoldrock, or something really cool sounding. I'm sure you've gotten some ideas too." She smiled. "I'd love to hear all of them, even if it's not much! I like to hear you talk, it's far more comforting than the buzz of cats in the clearing."

Tags: (I don't think that quote worked, so here i am! @al3cc766

My Art Shop!

Last edited by Marigoldwhisper; March 12th, 2024 at 03:32 PM.
Old March 12th, 2024, 06:48 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Thunderclan, Windclan, Shadowclan... Windclan? Souded kind of breezy. Did they live on the hills maybe? Where was it the windeyist??? Shadowclan just sounded ominous, akin to the name of the Darkforest. She wondered why that clan hadn't raided Riverclan... Or any other clan for that matter.

Swimming is mandatory? Marigoldkit slumped slightly before perking back up, hoping her lack of excitement was unreadable. Twilightstar was a pretty name though, she liked that name. Hopefully they were a good leader.

Birdsnow was her leader apparently. Marigoldkit liked that name as well. She tried to imagine the cat, her pink nose twitching up like a rabbit.

Perhaps she had been thinking for too long. Silence seemed to dance between the two cats, so she urged herself to say something.

"I'll let you know, I promise." Marigoldkit said very convincingly, or as convincing as she could sound, which wasn't much. She did mean it though. She already Minkpaw as a very trustworthy cat, she'd probably go to her about the silliest things. "It's a lot of information, but I think I've got it. Thank you, really."

She chewed on Minkpaw's words for a moment more before responding. "What do you want your warrior name to be? I know that I'd want to be something really interesting and fun! Like uh... Marigoldhop, or Marigoldrock, or something really cool sounding. I'm sure you've gotten some ideas too." She smiled. "I'd love to hear all of them, even if it's not much! I like to hear you talk, it's far more comforting than the buzz of cats in the clearing."

Tags: (I don't think that quote worked, so here i am! @al3cc766

rambling had always been one of her special specialities but luckily enough marigoldkit seemed to grasp at least part of what she had said and didnt look too terrified about the news of actually having to learn to swim.
minkpaw hummed, absentmindedly picking some dirt out of her tail as she thought about it. she had been too terrified of the prospect of becoming a warrior and then too busy to think about it but she was bound to think about it someday.
"hm i'll have to disappoint you, i havent really thought about what id like my name to be...perhaps minkchirp...orrrrr minkdust.." she wasnt able to come up with anything better off the jump right now but in the end it wouldnt be her choice anyway so who cared...she didnt...
"what do you think i should be named~?" minkpaw smiled, mildly proud she was able to turn the question around and escape the horrors of thinking about her future.

(this actually just forced me to kind of tidy my desk cuz i couldnt find my mink names note haha)

━━━━━━━━
Old March 12th, 2024, 08:13 PM

Quote:

rambling had always been one of her special specialities but luckily enough marigoldkit seemed to grasp at least part of what she had said and didnt look too terrified about the news of actually having to learn to swim.
minkpaw hummed, absentmindedly picking some dirt out of her tail as she thought about it. she had been too terrified of the prospect of becoming a warrior and then too busy to think about it but she was bound to think about it someday.
"hm i'll have to disappoint you, i havent really thought about what id like my name to be...perhaps minkchirp...orrrrr minkdust.." she wasnt able to come up with anything better off the jump right now but in the end it wouldnt be her choice anyway so who cared...she didnt...
"what do you think i should be named~?" minkpaw smiled, mildly proud she was able to turn the question around and escape the horrors of thinking about her future.

(this actually just forced me to kind of tidy my desk cuz i couldnt find my mink names note haha)

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

(Quickly slides post under the door. Runs.)

Marigoldkit thought for a moment. What would she name Minkpaw if given the chance? She wasn't really sure what a mink was, so that was already a pretty bad starting point.

"Minkspark? Minkhowl? Minkdart? Minkpool? Minkfoot?" She droned on, finding it easier to trace the moss that crawled along the den than meet Minkpaw's eyes. "Minksight? Minkshiver? Minkbite? Ooooo, I like that last one, sounds intimidating. Minkscorn maybe? But haven't seen a single unpleasant look on your face, certainly not a scowl."

She gave her shoulders an innocent shrug, all the ideas that ran around in her little brain finally being poured out. "That's all I can think of. But, I like what you thought of. Minkdust sounds majestic," Marigoldkit exclaimed wistfully. "Any name would suite you well in my opinion. As long as you like it, then I do."

She noticed how the scent of fear pricked the air. Her eyebrows knitted, wondering what about 'warriors' made Minkpaw so on edge and uncertain. She placed a torn paw on hers, patting it softly. She ignored how blood seemed to wipe and smudge onto her white fur. Marigoldkit wasn't very good at reading expressions (she much rather preferred to stray away from eye contact), but she could smell pretty darn well. Hopefully her action would offer some comfort.

(Wow, spoilers really hate me huh? Here's a tag just in case that didn't work! @al3cc766

My Art Shop!

Last edited by Marigoldwhisper; March 12th, 2024 at 08:14 PM.
Old March 14th, 2024, 05:13 AM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

(Quickly slides post under the door. Runs.)

Marigoldkit thought for a moment. What would she name Minkpaw if given the chance? She wasn't really sure what a mink was, so that was already a pretty bad starting point.

"Minkspark? Minkhowl? Minkdart? Minkpool? Minkfoot?" She droned on, finding it easier to trace the moss that crawled along the den than meet Minkpaw's eyes. "Minksight? Minkshiver? Minkbite? Ooooo, I like that last one, sounds intimidating. Minkscorn maybe? But haven't seen a single unpleasant look on your face, certainly not a scowl."

She gave her shoulders an innocent shrug, all the ideas that ran around in her little brain finally being poured out. "That's all I can think of. But, I like what you thought of. Minkdust sounds majestic," Marigoldkit exclaimed wistfully. "Any name would suite you well in my opinion. As long as you like it, then I do."

She noticed how the scent of fear pricked the air. Her eyebrows knitted, wondering what about 'warriors' made Minkpaw so on edge and uncertain. She placed a torn paw on hers, patting it softly. She ignored how blood seemed to wipe and smudge onto her white fur. Marigoldkit wasn't very good at reading expressions (she much rather preferred to stray away from eye contact), but she could smell pretty darn well. Hopefully her action would offer some comfort.

(Wow, spoilers really hate me huh? Here's a tag just in case that didn't work! @al3cc766

minkpaw listened quietly, pretty much all of them didnt feel like her but the kit seemed to enjoy herself so it was fine, it didnt matter anyway.
"its not really like i get to chose my name but thank you anyway" she replied with a small laugh-like exhale, "but i havent had my assessment yet so it'll be a while until i'll have to worry about my name".
they shifted uncomfortably, the patting, supposedly meant to comfort her, not necessarily unwelcomed, she wouldnt mind normally, but the conversation had been turning around becoming a warrior and what not for far too long now.
"do you have any more questions? if not, i'll go see how the others are doing" she had almost forgotten that she had planned to check up on some other cats too, they could theoretically wait but it was an excuse to get a bit of distance between herself and that topic. minkpaw was almost surprised she had even remembered and come up with that, thoughts seemingly scattered, slippery and out of order, impossible to hold onto for more than a few seconds and even harder to attempt to connect with another.

(wahh i know i couldve written more but no time)

━━━━━━━━
Old March 14th, 2024, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post

minkpaw listened quietly, pretty much all of them didnt feel like her but the kit seemed to enjoy herself so it was fine, it didnt matter anyway.
"its not really like i get to chose my name but thank you anyway" she replied with a small laugh-like exhale, "but i havent had my assessment yet so it'll be a while until i'll have to worry about my name".
they shifted uncomfortably, the patting, supposedly meant to comfort her, not necessarily unwelcomed, she wouldnt mind normally, but the conversation had been turning around becoming a warrior and what not for far too long now.
"do you have any more questions? if not, i'll go see how the others are doing" she had almost forgotten that she had planned to check up on some other cats too, they could theoretically wait but it was an excuse to get a bit of distance between herself and that topic. minkpaw was almost surprised she had even remembered and come up with that, thoughts seemingly scattered, slippery and out of order, impossible to hold onto for more than a few seconds and even harder to attempt to connect with another.

(wahh i know i couldve written more but no time)

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Her hazle eyes finally lifted to meet Minkpaw's. She swayed from side to side as she thought. She would've blown the roof off with questions. But now knowing that Minkpaw had other things to do (which should've been obvious) she didn't have the heart to ask them.

How long has she held her up? How long did Minkpaw have to sit here because she couldn't shut her mouth?

Marigoldkit sank down further into her mossbed, her gaze dropping almost as quickly as she made eye contact.

"Nope! No more questions." She said cheerfully. "I do need some rest anyway. Thank you for chatting with me though. I promise I won't forget you!"

My Art Shop!
Old March 15th, 2024, 08:21 PM
Cute but Deadly

Status: I'm a Fox-Girl. You can call me Foxie! :hearbounce:
Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiebugg View Post
AzaeleaBlood sat in the nursery with MyrtleKit, loafing.
@Streamtail
Seagullwing-15 moons
Seagullwing ducked into the nursery. She was having kits, and she was excited about it! But she was worried, too. What was it like, having kits? Did it hurt a lot? She had so many questions. She spotted Azaeleablood, and walked over to her. "Hello, Azaeleablood. How are you today? If it isn't a hassle, I'd like to ask you a few questions. You see, I'm going to have kits soon, although I haven't asked Birdsnow if I can move to the nursery yet. I'm not sure what it's like, and I'm a little worried. Would you be willing to help clear a few things up?"