Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by olive-shine
Today 07:27 PM
medical malpractice...
Last post by Shade.
Today 07:24 PM
hOI!
by YewWood
Last post by TheNyanCatMinecart
Today 07:11 PM

Old May 3rd, 2021, 06:03 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default 🕒

⇢ Fawnsqueak 🕊️
- {all i do is} -

It was fascinating to see what yielded from his attempt at bringing positive change into this world.

Fawnsqueak still had a dumb smile on his face long after the conversation faded between them, feeling lighthearted and dopey. The burn of the evening sun wouldn't compare to the glow in his heart. "Fawn's pines," he echoed despite the absence of the attributed discussion, gaze settled on the trees in question. He wasn't over it, as giddy as ever. "Fawnspines." It was ridiculous, silly nonsense, to consider calling the wispy saplings Fawnspines, but he'd take the compliment.

Wasn't like Lionstorm would back down from one of these classic grand declarations of his, so. Yeah, okay. He could live with it, he supposed. Fawnsqueak's rumble of a purr rose into a laugh, eyes squeezing shut in elation before the moment eased by and serenity overtook the air once more.

"This was," he hung on the word, debating, "pretty great. It was nice. Being out here, with you." Stepping aside from the bustle of the Clan and the whirring of his mind for peace with Lionstorm was a rare occasion, though he noted they'd have to amend that. The future held plenty of opportunity. And for now, they'd need to be returning, not that he was terribly opposed to waiting for the moon and stars to guide the journey home. It.. didn't feel right, considering they'd spent the afternoon lazily enjoying each other's company while doing little else to provide for the rest of the Clan.

It was bittersweet to heave to his paws, dragging an inhale that brought the sharp tang of a late newleaf herb that..

His eyebrows furrowed.

He couldn't quite place it. Fawnsqueak recalled its appearance--shaggy, green, small leafed--and swallowed the annoyance with himself for being unable to conjure a name for a thing. It'd been a while. Nevertheless, the Clan could use it. Just because he wasn't bright enough to remember his own studies didn't render it unworthy of collection.

A hum later, and Fawnsqueak said with a nod toward the camp, "I'll meet you there."

- {push back} -

Fawnsqueak broke off from the farewell to scent the air again, tasting the pungency. It was so sharp and distinct, herbal yet flowery, and his mind kept going back to rosemary but without.. no, that wasn't right. Burnet, fennel. Nothing stuck.

It irked him that he could hardly remember a simple name. It'd be obvious in hindsight, he was certain.

He kept his nose lowered to the ground as he tracked it down, sniffing through the marsh and sodden grass from spring's showers, allowing the undergrowth to tickle his muzzle. Mushroom season would be here soon too, he'd have to remind Snakeheart about that in passing.

Fawnsqueak was on the herb-hunt, thwarted briefly by a sneeze, then he was back on track in his cursory scuttle through the riverside plants. And, within seconds, he was nose-to-nose with the herb he'd been looking for. Although he hated that its identification remained lodged on the tip of his tongue, he settled for putting the herb there instead as he plucked it and let it rest firmly in his jaws while he fumbled toward the stream to wash off mud-caked paws.

Rain had widened its reach--the herb had limited his field of view--and Fawnsqueak startled at the cool touch of the water, instinctively scrambling backward to slam down the other paw for balance.

Which was essentially the opposite of what he received when that slid across a smoothed rock and prompted a yelp as he awkwardly twisted to regain himself. The herb fell from his jaws a whisker before his head collided with a dangerously-jutting stone.

Fawnsqueak hadn't felt it.

Consciousness trickled from him, washed away with the herb into the horizon while he struggled...

struggled to move, something

anything . . .

get
out
!
. .
. eᛢᛈᚣpe the rivᛊᚱ
but
his senses
senses . . .
. .
gᛜᚢᛊ,
and
he could
feel it, how
. . he .

was out of

- {the end} -
Old May 3rd, 2021, 06:05 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: 🕒

Lionstorm couldn't help it.

After the coyotes, knowing ThunderClan was a load of fox-hearts.. his inability to remain relaxed had skyrocketed with every passing day. The crackling of nearby twigs, the rustling of bushes, how the wind whistled through the branches as if warning him of danger, this all made his anxieties soar. The fun visit he had shared with Fawn was a distant memory as he paused in his trek toward camp.

Something was terribly, terribly wrong. He didn't know what it was, but every muscle in his body - every fragment of it, it screamed at him to return to Fawn.

Heart pounding in his chest, blood roaring in his ears, he whirled on his paws and sprinted back into the direction of his friend-- his soulmate, desperately needing to make sure things were fine. (they had to be fine.) He'd only been gone a moment, surely everything had to be. The world was playing tricks on him. It was all in his head. (it had to be.)

Fawnsqueak wasn't where he had left them. Lionstorm's paws shook as he stopped in the treeline, alarmed by the scent of blood in the air. No, no, no, no--

Then he saw him. (it was all a lie, a trick.) In the stream, motionless, bobbing along the current as his blood stained the water red. (just a dream.)

Lionstorm knew it wasn't a dream, his heart raced as he scrambled down the bank to get to Fawn. "No, no, no--" this couldn't be real, he'd just been gone a moment. "Wake up, Fawn, please--" His teeth sank into Fawnsqueak's scruff and he dragged him out of the water, back onto land. His paws shoved against his chest, trying to stir a reaction out of it. "Wake up!" Again, he struck against his body, pawed at his face, anything-- to get him back. Nothing worked. "You have to wake up.." he wasn't suppose to leave, he said he wouldn't. It was like a waking nightmare to Lionstorm-- losing someone he always feared he would.

Something inside him snapped. Looking down at Fawn, breathing in the blood and pine-esque scent, knowing he was gone. (like everyone else.) His world was falling apart, and Lionstorm was beyond upset.

He was furious. Angry. Bitter. Resentful. There was only one thing that could have done this -- ThunderClan. After the Gathering, of course Yuckstar and his rodents would attack a lone RiverClan cat. His lone friend, and murder him. (it's irrational, but he did not care. someone needed to pay.)

And they.. would pay. For everything. Leaving Fawn behind (he'd return), he set off over the river with a low growl in his throat.
Old May 8th, 2021, 03:29 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: 🕒

★ i'd sacrifice my very life to have you at my side ★

The walk through the territory was so, so long.

Lionstorm was having difficulties moving, stumbling through the brush as he made his way toward the river. It was long.. everything hurt, but he was close, just a little further.

He would keep the promise he made to his Fawn.. oh, fawn.

★ like a dream i see your face through the misty haze ★

He couldn't recall when he didn't have Fawn in his life. He was a constant. The only friend to withstand the seasons, the battles, all the destruction.. the sacrifice of a personal life in favor of focusing on furthering RiverClan.

And there he was. Tucked securely beside the bank where he left him.

Seeing him.. was a relief, Lionstorm could allow himself to truly relax. He looked so peaceful.

He longed to join him on the other side of the water.

★ we were one amid the stars and time never healed my scars ★

Getting over there proved to be more of a challenge then Lionstorm anticipated. His body betrayed him.

He hadn't registered how much blood he had lost, how much had been smeared during his stumbling movements, how much dripped on the ground as he passed through the woods.

Behind him looked like a slaughter had been taken place throughout the territory, and he was oblivious. What he knew - was he collapsed on ThunderClan's side of the river. And this-- was unacceptable, he needed-- to move, he wasn't done yet!

Dragging himself into a semi-upright position, he kept going. Lionstorm pulled himself through the shallows and onto the bank of RiverClan's territory. Almost there.

He wondered if Frostflight felt something similar to this. Or.. Leopardshine, or even Fatherstar. The desire to keep going even when -- up.

stars, was he tired. the river never made him feel so cold before.

★ deep inside the sadness burns, i must return ★

"fawn."

he was standing over fawn now, if one could call it that. he was barely holding himself up. lionstorm offered fawn a smile as he looked down at him. "i told you.. i'd come back, i'm here."

the silence he was met with didn't stop him as he pulled himself around fawn, embracing his body once again. "i promised you.."

breathing in that pine scent, faded and mixed with blood, lionstorm lowered his head to rest beside fawn's. he was.. so tired.. and it felt warm here. he didn't have the energy to move or leave, content with fawn against him. "... we'll be together.. no one will hurt you again. i.. made sure of that.."

his eyes were closing, he couldn't keep them open any longer. he didn't fight it, he was ready. riverclan would be okay without him.

he was home with fawn.
✦✦✦
𝐼' 𝒱 𝐸
𝐵 𝐸 𝐸 𝒩
𝐸 𝒳 𝒫 𝐸 𝒞 𝒯 𝐼 𝒩 𝒢
𝒴 𝒪 𝒰.

Last edited by BEAR.; May 8th, 2021 at 03:40 AM.