Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by constellation
Today 08:33 AM
Daragca's Animated Pixel...
by Daragca
Last post by Daragca
Today 08:29 AM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by Hollyheart of thunder
Today 08:25 AM
“Let’s Get Ready.” [...
Last post by Blazing
Today 08:24 AM
Thunderglade
by BEAR.
Last post by zozelen
Today 08:18 AM

Old April 23rd, 2019, 07:52 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default → abscond [private]

Dashing from the RiverClan camp, Fawnpaw ripped through the territory and tried to take note of familiar landmarks as he soared past his surroundings, relentless in his mission to get away and get away fast. His pace was unforgiving. The world was a blur around him until he was forced to chip away at his speed, panting and exhausted, finally slowing down once he reached a little dugout positioned beneath an overhang. It was a safe distance from the camp, and he was almost certain nobody would've followed them this far from the battle, so he collapsed into the small space with a flop. On his side in a pitiful heap of brown fluff, his flank rose and fell with exertion, the race here tiring him until he could do nothing more than lie like a puddle and breathe.

@Hexict

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old April 29th, 2019, 07:38 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: → abscond [private]

[ @Dipper ]

Trying to keep up, the lighter colored tom was taken aback by how quickly Fawnpaw could move. He had assumed that he might have to move slightly slower for Fawnpaw to keep up with him. Mirepaw had been worried about leaving his companion behind in the fray. But he had underestimated how much the younger feline wished to get out of there. The small tom seemed to be moving as fast as a Windclan cat trying to escape a fire. Though in a way, it seemed as though they were trying to escape a fire. Side aches and throat burned as he tried to keep up with Fawnpaw. Mirepaw wondered if he should practice his running a bit more, seeing how far ahead the spotted tom was. "F-Fawnpaw!" He gasped. He didn't want Fawnpaw to go too far. He might cross the border or run into a predator or get himself hurt some other way. But he was unable to catch up with the quick movements.

With a sigh of relief, Mirepaw flopped onto the ground, glad that Fawnpaw finally slowed to a stop. "You... were... really... fast," the tom continued to pant heavily as he laid on the ground. He knew it was no good to go from sprinting to laying down, but he was too tired to get up. His pale gaze moved from Fawnpaw to scan the area around them. After a few moments of nothing but panting and gasping for breath, Mirepaw finally was able to bring himself to his paws. He had faith that Fawnpaw was able to get them far enough to not be chased by any of their crazed clan-mates. Despite believing that they were safe, he was still on alert in case somebody did follow them, or even if some predator decided to show up. "I think... we might be safe," Mirepaw was still struggling with his breath but not nearly as bad as before. "So you... you have no idea what was happening? Was there any warning before cats started fighting each other?"

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old April 29th, 2019, 04:49 PM
the stars are aligned

It was only when he was safely tucked away that he recomposed his thoughts, not bothering with himself as he could hardly do more than breathe and exist from madly dashing from the camp. It'd been a long haul but worth it when they'd escaped unharmed, unfollowed. They could wait it out here, whatever was happening.. and what they'd come back to, Fawnpaw had no idea but considered their collective agreement that it was quite possibly a coup. The mere notion had him shuddering with displeasure among his quivering.

Mirepaw's words drew him from the depths of his mind, ears flicking forward to catch what he'd said and tiredly laughing at it, but there was no joy or humor in the quiet puff. Just tentative gladness that they were out of there. "Yeah-- I guess..." an inhale as he tried to regain his breath, "well.." Fawnpaw didn't know how to end that, awkwardness still ever-present, so he simply shuffled to rest his head onto Mirepaw's side momentarily as if to gaze at him and say, at least you're here. That was good enough for him. Fawnpaw had been content to lie there but was surprised that Mirepaw was rising to his paws again after a couple seconds, and he peered at him, puzzled. "Are... you going somewhere?" he inquired, almost hesitant. A sudden fear that Mirepaw was going to return to the battle hit him, and he tried to offer, "Maybe we should stay here, wait it out." It was safer, logical, the better option when neither of them knew what was truly happening. At Mirepaw's questions, a small hum fell from him as he debated, wishing he hadn't been unconscious during the start of the fight. "Honestly, I woke up to it," Fawnpaw admitted, "and saw everyone was fighting each other. So I guess-- it seemed like it was planned, right?" The attackers, though their own clanmates, looked organized and prepared. Half of them, anyway. Worry glittering in his eyes, he murmured, "I wonder if Fallenstar will be leader when we go back. Or, uh, what we'll do if he's not.."

[ @Hexict ]

Old May 6th, 2019, 07:48 AM

[ @Dipper ]

Blinking for a moment as Fawnpaw question if he was going anywhere, the older apprentice glanced at his paws and realized what he looked like. "No... I'm not going anywhere. I just don't like lying down after running like that.... It makes it more difficult to breath," he wasn't sure how else to explain it. It made him feel more exhausted if he was to go from full spring to not moving at all. His heart felt as if he was struggling and beating too fast when he did that. Ignoring his legs burning and screaming for him to lie right back down, he wanted his body and heart to match pace before lying back down. Though he did regret disrupting Fawnpaw.

He felt a a warmth in his chest as the smaller cat showed concern for him. He wasn't use to somebody worrying about him. He was still so young when he was left on his own and refused to be taken in by another family. It felt strange, almost as if he were replacing them, so he always looked after himself. Even with his mentor he showed an independence. Not that e ignored them, it was just that he didn't seem to need peoples help and so people weren't concerned about what he did since he rarely ever did anything dangerous. People didn't need to worry about him and they knew that.

It felt nice, though, having somebody care about him. Or maybe it was just that it was Fawnpaw that made it nice.

Don't worry, I'm staying. Mirepaw's gaze was warm as he looked down at the brown and white tom. "Yeah... waiting it out seems like the best option." At this point, it was just about protecting Fawnpaw. Yes, he left the camp and the fight to ensure that Fawnpaw ended up okay. But at this point, in all honesty, it felt nice to be alone with the young apprentice. They didn't really spend much time together, but Mirepaw must admit that he did enjoy the time that the did spend. He remembered their first conversation. They were surrounded the sickness and the coughing. But right now it was quiet and it was just them. He felt guilty as he found himself enjoying the moment while his clan-mates viciously battled each other far off.

"Hmm" he listened closely as Fawnpaw explained what he knew about the attack. It wasn't much, but it was about as much as he was expecting. From Fawnpaw's reaction when they were back at camp he knew that he didn't know what was going on. "It does seem as though it was planned. If it wasn't, then not so many cats would be fighting, right?" If only a couple of cats impulsively attacked, then they would have been easily taken down. Instead there was a whole battle playing out. "But... I don't understand why they are attacking? And why right now?" Honestly, even though Fallenstar seemed to have been locked up in his den, it was the worst that the leader has done. Mirepaw heard stories of Fallenstar getting involved in battles that wasn't their's and making many enemies. So why would this be the last straw? He was beginning to feel nervous about the situation. "Besides, when did these cats start planning something like this? And where were they meeting?" Mirepaw recalled some more stories about the peacemakers that were against their leaders. Are they recreating that? "I'm sorry... I suppose I'm just thinking out loud," the tom was not expecting Fawnpaw to know any of this. He wasn't expecting anybody but the attackers to know.

Fawnpaw's next words pulled him from his thoughts and towards the very near future. Would Fallenstar be leader when they returned? Would somebody else? If so, then who? The questions worried him. "I doubt that a leader could be removed so easily..." though there was some doubt in his own statement. "He had as many supporters in the clan as enemies it seems. But so would the next cat if he was replaced tonight. I don't think this will be resolved easily no matter who wins. But Fallenstar does have his lives and leader name, so he has that over whoever is going to try to take his place." It wasn't a very positive point he was trying to make. Their leader - or new leader - was not going to be happily accepted by the entire clan, but that part could not be changed. "They probably can not kill Fallenstar because of his lives and he may be too stubborn to step down. At least not to traitors." Mirepaw thought it was more likely that they would be under the same rule once they returned, but he was still not entirely convinced that it wouldn't be somebody else. And he wasn't even sure if he wanted somebody new. He wasn't sure about Fallenstar's leadership. But he hated how the others were going about this since he was wrong.

"What do you mean 'what we'll do'?" Curiously looking over Fawnpaw. He assumed that they would just accept whatever they returned to. Did the younger tom have different ideas on the matter?

Old May 6th, 2019, 08:32 AM
the stars are aligned

Contented by the knowledge that Mirepaw wasn’t going to be leaving, Fawnpaw pressed further into him and inhaled, comforted by the earthy scent that seemed so similar to his own as a member of RiverClan. Slowly, his rigid muscles relaxed, melting into an uneasy albeit less tense state than they were several moments ago. This was… safe, for now. They’d have to plan their next moves, but this was alright until then and would keep them from the chaos happening in the camp. Fawnpaw hadn’t had time to even think about what their options were beyond getting here, and the weight of physical exhaustion was tempting him to lie down again. However, he knew rest would elude him because his heart was still beating quick, faster every time he thought about the upheaval occurring in his own home.

“It’s just,” he started, gaze flicking to a side since he felt unable to meet Mirepaw’s, “how do we know when it’s over? If we go back, we might be seen or followed.” While he wasn’t suggesting they stay here forever, the suggestion of returning even to check on the status of the Clan seemed like a risky move. “How long do you think it’ll be until…?” Trailing off and mindlessly pawing at the ground within the small dugout, he shook his head as his throat tightened. He didn’t know how to end the sentence when it was a huge uncertainty, what the battle would result in. Under any other circumstances, Fawnpaw may have been more prone to enjoying the peace of this time with Mirepaw—it wouldn’t have taken a lot of convincing to bring him to the shy conclusion that it was quite wonderful, being at this proximity—but couldn’t manage to drag his mind from the apprehension surrounding RiverClan and the supposed coup.

“I honestly don’t know, there’ve been a lot of…” his nose scrunched as he searched for the right words, “critical opinions of Fallenstar, y’know? It could’ve been spur-of-the-moment for some cats if they thought it’d usher in new leadership.” It was pure conjecture that attempted to capture the chaotic side, but there was no denying how orchestrated it appeared to be. “I guess it probably was planned,” he conceded, jaw setting tightly since the conclusion implied there’d been an underground resistance against RiverClan for who-knew-how long. Being too young to remember the Peacemaker efforts, the similarities were lost on him. “It’s weird to think they’ve been talking about this and planning it, under everybody’s noses.” Well, not everybody’s. And that was even worse. Mirepaw’s own speculation was met with a thoughtful expression, his head tipping to the side as he took it in, the information coming together to build a growing picture of what storm they’d found themselves in. “No, it’s… fine, really. I don’t think you have to apologize or anything. I’m curious too, it’s like this whole mystery is unfolding but it’s raising more questions than answers. If the, um, 'resistance' is defeated or exiled, we might not ever have those answers.” It was an unsettling outcome that chilled Fawnpaw to the bone, and he unconsciously squirmed to squeeze tighter into Mirepaw as if sheer closeness would provide a shield from that version of events.

Even through the haze of distraction with politics, he acknowledged it was perhaps a childish thing, to need the reassurance of physical comfort and coughed as if that’d alleviate the awkwardness. “Uh, sorry..” he mumbled, gradually shifting away from him again. “I… yeah.” Explaining it away was pointless, he didn’t have any excuse because there was plenty of room in this little hideaway for both of them without needing him to cuddle into Mirepaw. Fawnpaw doubted he’d appreciate having his personal space violated like that.

“I mean, I’m not trying to doubt RiverClan’s loyalty or anything, but I think a couple cats could be persuaded to switch sides if it seems their allegiance is losing.” Such as if the traitors were clearly taking over, then he figured there’d be some swapping because nobody wanted to be the loser. Especially not if that’d include bloody consequences, which it might considering the method of the power-grab: a sudden battle in the night. “But you’re right, leaders are strong. His lives wouldn’t help him if he gets driven out along with anyone who still supports him, though.” After thinking for a couple seconds, he continued, “If that was true, the Dark Eras probably wouldn’t have happened at all.” Although he heard that they’d eventually gained the necessary push-back to regain their Clan, it’d taken many moons.

Fawnpaw blinked as Mirepaw questioned his phrasing, specifically the piece about their next moves. Swallowing, he tried to describe his thought process, “Look, if nothing’s changed then it’ll probably be fine for us, about the same as it’s ever been… but what if Fallenstar’s not leader? If he was driven out, or if another cat has decided to take his position— then what? Would you be alright with that?” he inquired, genuinely curious. “Because… if that’s how they’re gaining leadership, that seems sort of shady, and logically it wouldn’t stop there.” Maybe that leader would be more bloodthirsty than Fallenstar. Likelihood aside, Fawnpaw added, “It just might be good to have a backup plan, in case that’s what we come back to.” Dropping the mental map of the future in favor of focusing on the present, he glanced around their makeshift den, then out into the darkness where raindrops were beginning to fall. “Maybe… if you don’t mind,” he said tentatively, vulnerability shining in his eyes as they flicked to Mirepaw, “we could stay here for a while. I know it’s sort of cowardly if you wanted to fight, but at least it’d be safer.” It was also somewhat sweetly domestic, an afterthought that dawned on him with mild embarrassment.

[ @Hexict ]

Old May 8th, 2019, 08:51 AM

[ @Dipper ]

He couldn't help relaxing as Fawnpaw pushed closer to him. He liked the warmth and comfort of his companion's pelt. The tom could feel Fawnpaw slowly relaxing next to him as well. He allowed himself to briefly be pulled from his troubles in this moment. It didn't last long, though it was still nice.

Mirepaw noticed that Fawnpaw wasn't matching his gaze, but ignored that part and instead focused on his words. He fell silent for a moment. Mirepaw had not thought of that part, of how they would figure out when the fighting ended. He knew they couldn't stay here for too long. It would be awkward if they return long after the fight and it could be dangerous if the returned too soon before it ended. She's right. If we go to scout it out, somebody may notice and attack us... and I don't think she would fare well if that happened. "I can just go and check by myself," though he couldn't run as fast as Fawnpaw, he could fight off their clan-mates if it were to come to that. Mirepaw did not wish to get involved since he had no idea what was happening, but he was willing to fight and was capable of it. "Later on I can go and check on the camp. If I still hear fighting then I can return. If I don't hear fighting I'll make sure that it's over and bring you back." Although it sounded like a suggestion, he was more so stating what he was going to do. The tom did not want Fawnpaw to leave their hiding space. If he were to leave then he might return to his level of panic that he was at during the fight. And Mirepaw did not want him to get hurt. The best course of action would be for Fawnpaw to stay here safe while Mirepaw went off to check on the status of the battle.

Nodding along, the older apprentice understood that Fawnpaw's words were true about the opinions of their leader. This entire situation made him wish he had his own thoughts on the matter. But Mirepaw did not know Fallenstar, only hearing the conflicting words of his clan-mates. He watched Fawnpaw, wondering what the younger feline thought of Fallenstar. But that wasn't important right now. It didn't matter where Fawnpaw stood on who should be leader, it just mattered where he stood on the battle. And Mirepaw was just glad that he was against it. "Well, maybe it was spur-of-the-moment for some of them? This does seem planned and organized, but some cats could have joined in once it started. If they came to the same conclusion of this being a coup and they supported." He wasn't sure if the suggestion made it better or worse. If it were true then at least some of them did not plan something like this, but it also meant that they were impulsive and would do these things without much second thought. But it was all bad. No matter how many cats planned this, it dragged the entire clan in and showed that some were willing to solve things with violence no matter who gets harmed in the process. They were fighting in the camp! With elders and kits, probably terrified and might not be able to protect themselves against many of their clan-mates if they were attacked. No matter what was the thought process behind it all, nothing was going to make it right to do such a thing. And it kept getting worse. As Fawnpaw pointed out that they were planning this out behind their backs, Mirepaw felt more disgust - surprised that he could. These cats were pretending to be their loyal clan-mates, all the while planning something like this.

The tom was glad that his companion shared similar curiosities on the matter. "More questions... yeah," he frowned at this. It wasn't that he trusted all of his clan-mates, but he believed that they had each others' backs when it really mattered. Or at least the majority of them. But now? Who could be trusted? It seemed as though this was providing no answers. They still had no confirmation if this was a coup. They did not know how long this planned, who was involved, why they would resort to doing something like this... and would this happen again? He felt strangely cold as he considered the idea of their clan-mates repeated these actions. No matter who won, it was likely this could be tried again. The tom closed his eyes and focused on the warm provided by Fawnpaw's pelt. "Do you think that Fallenstar would exile them? They might not rest whether they are forced out or not if they lose. They could still return after being exiled. In fact, they could be even more angered. But... it's also dangerous for them to stay." This was a slippery slope for Fallenstar even if his side won. "And besides, it doesn't help if we keep fighting with other clans. We could possibly be losing half of our clan here. Windclan could see this as an opportunity to attack. Though... I'm not sure how useful they would be if we were in a battle," Mirepaw narrowed his gaze as his mind now wandered to this. He sighed and returned to what Fawnpaw was saying about possibly missing the chance to get answers. "Even if they stay I don't know how open they'll be to answer those questions. They might be, but they might also not be."

Mirepaw hadn't entirely noticed how close Fawnpaw was to him - or at least not that it was a little strange given how much room they had - and was a little surprised when Fawnpaw moved away. "It's fine," he blushed a bit as he spoke. The tom hadn't minded being so close to Fawnpaw. Despite the days getting warmer, the night was still cold and the other apprentice was warm and comfortable. It also just felt nice to be close to Fawnpaw.

He wasn't was hesitant to doubt their clan-mates. He couldn't ignore the fact that they went behind their clan-mates backs and attacked them in their sleep. If they were doing for the best of the clan, then why harm their own clan-mates? Whatever their reasonings were, he was certain that it was selfish ones. If they could persuaded to switch so sides based on that factor, then wouldn't that make them that much more untrustworthy? Mirepaw decided to keep this point to himself. He truly did not wish to make Fawnpaw paranoid of their clan-mates or even more upset about the situation, so he found it best to keep quiet for that part. As Fawnpaw pointed out that the Dark Eras were allowed to happen due to the ability to get rid of current leaders, he gave a nod. "Yes... that's true," he wondered how the clan would react if the Dark Eras were being repeated again. For a moment he thought that perhaps it was happening again. But he shook out his pelt. He didn't have much thoughts on the Dark Eras, perhaps because he didn't believe in Starclan and the Dark Forest like most of their clan-mates did. But he had heard that the leaders had forcibly taken control during those times, just like now, and he did not support that course of action.

Silence fell over Mirepaw as he listened carefully to Fawnpaw explain his question. He closed his eyes for a moment as he took in these words, thinking them over. "I weren't be happy if we returned to a new leader," he began. "No matter who it was. This is wrong. They are wrong. All of the fighting and forcing a new leader onto the clan. But it's not just about how I feel. I can't do anything about it. If these cats do not try to reason before attacking, then what would make them listen to reason once they've won? There will not be a likelihood of speaking to them about it." His pale gaze looked powerless as he accepted his own words. He true believed that they would have to accept whatever they returned to, a thought that he truly hated. The only comfort to this matter was that Fawnpaw was sticking to his morals. Mirepaw was glad that he understood that this was wrong and could lead to a much more violent future for Riverclan. His ears perked in interested at a mention of a back-up plan. He believed that there was nothing they could do if they returned to a clan they disagreed with. Unless if Fawnpaw was talking about doing the same thing that the traitors did, secretly plan behind their backs, gain followers, and force another change? There was a twinge of disappointment at the thought. He wasn't sure it would be right to do something like that, even if it is against people who are wrong. Maybe she's thinking about running away? This was another idea he was unsure about. "Do you have any suggestions? For a back-up plan?"

Mirepaw noticed Fawnpaw's gaze flick in his direction as the younger tom spoke of their present situation. "I... think it would be fine to stay here," he admitted, a slight blush as he realized that he really didn't wish to leave. "Besides, even if I returned to the fight I wouldn't know which side I would be fighting for. I would prefer to stay out of the fighting. I would hate to get involved in something like this blindly," or anything blindly, for that matter.

He wanted, for just a few moments, it to just be him and Fawnpaw.

Old May 8th, 2019, 10:43 PM
the stars are aligned

"Yeah, I guess," he said, the answer lukewarm and devoid of enthusiasm. Fawnpaw wasn't looking forward to being left alone under these circumstances, nor did he particularly enjoy the idea of Mirepaw confronting the mess of RiverClan alone, but he wasn't sure what other options they had to choose from. "I don't think we can stay here forever." Logically, though the thought was a pleasant one since it was a decent den hidden in the heart of the territory, and Mirepaw's presence made it cozier. It was their little safe haven, the bubble they could remove themselves from Clan drama within. But despite that, he hoped they would be able to return to a RiverClan at peace and one that had reverted to normalcy.

Fawnpaw's ears flattened, not at Mirepaw but what he'd said about their plotting. It was such an underhanded method of gaining control in a Clan and a testament to their loyalty, something that he struggled to comprehend. Unless Fallenstar removed them, they'd have traitors among their ranks and more time to recuperate, maybe even try a second attempt assuming this one failed. It was mildly surprising but simultaneously reassuring when Mirepaw's take on the matter was a mirroring of his own, intriguing to Fawnpaw when he was often told to be paranoid or an overthinker. It was a glimmer of hope that he could find rare understanding in Mirepaw or perhaps his theories weren't as outlandish as most of his clanmates claimed. "I don't know," he admitted, "but it'd kind of be the safer thing to do, maybe." Difficult to say. "If he doesn't, at least he can keep an eye on them but they can continue communicating through..." he paused in consideration, confusion, then continued quietly, "whatever channels they've been using." Patrols? Whispers around the clearing? Secret meetups? He didn't know how this had gone unnoticed and unreported for however long. "If he does, it'd come at the risk of letting them regroup... and recruit more." Fawnpaw was merely relieved he wasn't the leader and didn't have to make that decision, uncertain of what he'd do or what was the better choice in that scenario. Unfortunately, Mirepaw's own speculation that didn't offer easy answers or probability conjecturing didn't lessen his anxiety over the network of deceit that'd befallen RiverClan.

As Mirepaw described why he was morally opposed to it, Fawnpaw's mind was drifting to other possibilities, trying to refrain from definitive judgment. It was both admirable and slightly concerning that Mirepaw's view was so black and white, but he understood why he'd see it like that. "We might not have the whole story. Like, who knows what could've sparked this? If it was bigger than some cats disliking Fallenstar.." Fawnpaw inhaled, hesitant in his suggestions. "I don't know much about Fallenstar, I mean. Just that he's... he got driven out by the other leaders when I was a kit, and he was involved in a lot of bloodshed, so-- it wouldn't be that unreasonable to think the offense was reacting to a threat." Maybe they had tried to be peaceful with Fallenstar, maybe they had exhausted all other means. Maybe they were facing exile for opposing opinions or Fallenstar had treated them with severe unfairness, going so far as to harm them. Fawnpaw was in the dark, no other information to draw upon.

"Not really," he admitted, shrugging. "Nothing.. that is an actual plan, more like ideas." However, the gears were already turning, spinning in motion to fabricate something viable because Fawnpaw was just as willing to create that plan in case they needed it. "I don't even know what the sides are. Just cats attacking each other, that's all it ever is," he meowed with a long sigh, a reference to his naive and peaceful view of clan cats that could resolve their differences through communication. "If there's a new leader when we come back, I... I think we'd need more details before making any huge decision, like leaving." He swallowed thickly, hoping it didn't come to that.

[ @Hexict ]

Old May 16th, 2019, 07:00 AM

[ @Dipper ]

With a slow nod Mirepaw agreed with the smaller tom. These points were the ones that he had thought of too. Mirepaw wondered if Fallenstar would think of this as well... if he won, that is. Both decisions seemed too dangerous. No matter what, there would still be traitors around. It may be easier for them to regroup and grow if they were exiled. They wouldn't have to worry about sneaking around and being caught. But if they stayed that would mean living among the traitor. They would still be close and able to attack at any moment. The alabaster tom took a deep breath. He knew that this was not his decision to make and that there was no point in stressing over it. This was up to their leader. He did somewhat pity Fallenstar for being in this position and believed that it should have been done a different way.

And there was always that chance that Fallenstar would lose. Then he wouldn't have this decision to make.

He frowned slightly as Fawnpaw pointed out what little they knew of the attack. Mirepaw glared at the ground as he aware that this was true. Neither of them honestly knew what had caused the fighting. And Mirepaw hated this. He wished that it was much simpler, that there was a good and a bad. Instead, it seemed as though everybody was bad. For a moment he wondered if Fallenstar was better of not being leader. Fawnpaw's words kept repeating in his mind. Their leader had made horrible decisions before. He closed his eyes once again to think about this. It still felt wrong. The tom was also aggravated with himself for wishing something so serious and big to be just simple. But he couldn't help it. Mirepaw had a tendency to think in black and white. It was just... simpler. "Still... they didn't have to attack their clan-mates, right? I mean, they waited until everybody was asleep and began attack... right? Why didn't they just go after Fallenstar?" A slight uncertainty now shown in his gaze. "Not that that would have been right either...." Mirepaw felt that he should be mad at his clan-mates, but he wasn't sure which side was right now. Maybe none? Disappointment settled in the older apprentice at this thought.

Mirepaw watched Fawnpaw with interest as he claimed that he did not have a plan yet and that it was just an idea. He could understand the thought of leaving the clan if they had a new leader. The tom wasn't sure if he could live under a leader who came to power this way. But he agreed that it was best to get to know this leader just in case. "That makes sense. It would be a huge decision and should be thoroughly thought out first." Even if Mirepaw disliked his leader he wondered if he would be able to leave the clan behind. It was all he had known. He stared at his companion for a few moments longer before continuing. "And would you be able to leave the clans if it came to that? You won't just be leaving a clan with a leader you disprove of, you would be leaving everything behind. Is that something you think you can do?"