Today 06:44 AM

Old August 4th, 2018, 10:08 AM
souperman

My Mood: Hungry

Default Re: ThunderClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Northern_Lights~ View Post
@Soup
Fawnsplash listened intently, a look of agog displayed clearly upon her face. She felt bad for the tom, as he seemed to believe his differences were an issue. As his ears flattened against his head, his deep mossy gaze drifting down to his paws, the she-cat quickly perked up: "I couldn't agree with you more! Fighting is so...oh whats the word," She paused, bouncing on her paws as though she was trying to push the word out, "Stupid, I suppose. I've never been able to understand what's so wrong with choosing to sort things out through peaceful discussion over resorting to violence." Although the word stupid was not the exact one she was looking for, it was close enough and got her beliefs across well enough that she didn't care too much for it. Her chestnut fur bristled at all the painful memories of her battle training sessions with her mentor, remembering vividly just how awfully they had gone. "I was never one for violence, perhaps it has something to do with how awful I am when it comes to fighting. I'm surprised I even got my warrior name with those appallingly bad fighting moves," Fawnsplash joked, giggling softly to herself as her golden gaze lit up. She was relieved to know there were others who didn't like fighting as much as she did, and she wondered if there were many others like her and Stonewater. She had assumed there likely were some, even in Windclan, that she'd just never happened to come across or discuss her points of view with. She doubted there were many, though; she and Stonewater were likely a small majority. It drew her closer to the tom, knowing they shared such similar views. Her golden gaze settled on the charcoal warrior, her body relaxing even further than it already had as she shifted her weight from paw to paw.
Stonewater glanced up again, a soft smile illuminating his features while giving away his joy at the she-cats approval and acception. His ears perked back up and he leaned forward slightly. "Everyone in my clan just adores fighting, and I really don't know why." He mewed, looking into the forest behind Fawnsplash to make sure no one was coming. "They all think that's the perfect solution for everything!"

(Sorry about the short paragraph, i'm on my phone again xD. Another sorry about answering so late! I had a busy day yesterday)

who, me?
day and night, on my mind,
please don't kill the
v i b e.

♥character site♥
♥dragon cave♥ ♥magistream♥

Old August 4th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

@Soup
Fawnsplash purred in agreement with the tom, experienced when it came to the problem of war-mongering cats. Many of Windclan's warriors shared the same beliefs to the ones Stonewater described, making the she-cat feel a little better about it. She supposed she wasn't alone in baring witness to the stupidity of some cats, as harsh as it sounded. "Violence is a vicious cycle, which only brings about more issues down the line. It is pointless, in my humble opinion," The she-cat spoke, maturity lacing her words. Deep down, an intense feeling of giddiness was rising up within her as the conversation deepened between the two of them. Fawnsplash had never had someone listen to her as intently as Stonewater did, making her somewhat sad the two of them were not of the same clan. She could not comfortably interact with him like she could with Kestreldust, for example. She fell into comfortable silence as she thought of some more conversation starters, not satisfied enough for it to end just yet. "Do you have an apprentice?" She inquired, slightly awkwardly as she realised how out of place it was. The chestnut feline had been hoping to get an apprentice for a while now, but she still had yet to. She began to think she was not as appealing a warrior as others were, seen as a less appropriate or worthy warrior to be a mentor. She tried to make an impact to Windclan, to show off the hunting skills she did have, but it was apparently still not enough. Sighing, her golden gaze drifted for a moment as she listened for Stonewater's response. (It's quite alright~)
Old August 4th, 2018, 03:12 PM
souperman

Quote:
@Soup
Fawnsplash purred in agreement with the tom, experienced when it came to the problem of war-mongering cats. Many of Windclan's warriors shared the same beliefs to the ones Stonewater described, making the she-cat feel a little better about it. She supposed she wasn't alone in baring witness to the stupidity of some cats, as harsh as it sounded. "Violence is a vicious cycle, which only brings about more issues down the line. It is pointless, in my humble opinion," The she-cat spoke, maturity lacing her words. Deep down, an intense feeling of giddiness was rising up within her as the conversation deepened between the two of them. Fawnsplash had never had someone listen to her as intently as Stonewater did, making her somewhat sad the two of them were not of the same clan. She could not comfortably interact with him like she could with Kestreldust, for example. She fell into comfortable silence as she thought of some more conversation starters, not satisfied enough for it to end just yet. "Do you have an apprentice?" She inquired, slightly awkwardly as she realised how out of place it was. The chestnut feline had been hoping to get an apprentice for a while now, but she still had yet to. She began to think she was not as appealing a warrior as others were, seen as a less appropriate or worthy warrior to be a mentor. She tried to make an impact to Windclan, to show off the hunting skills she did have, but it was apparently still not enough. Sighing, her golden gaze drifted for a moment as she listened for Stonewater's response. (It's quite alright~)
The charcoal tom sighed. He looked downwards, searching the forest floor with keen eyes as he thought of what to say. Finally, he glanced back up, noticing the she-cat was waiting for him to respond. "No." He realized this was a short answer, and perked up his head. "I mean, not yet. I'm sure Passionstar will see to it, though." Deep inside his mind, he wasn't sure at all. In his heart he felt as if the strong leader saw him as only someone who was good at using his head. The tremble in his whiskers betrayed the image he was trying to set for the molly, and he exhaled slowly. "Probably not."

who, me?
please don't kill the
v i b e.

♥character site♥

Old August 5th, 2018, 02:09 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup View Post
The charcoal tom sighed. He looked downwards, searching the forest floor with keen eyes as he thought of what to say. Finally, he glanced back up, noticing the she-cat was waiting for him to respond. "No." He realized this was a short answer, and perked up his head. "I mean, not yet. I'm sure Passionstar will see to it, though." Deep inside his mind, he wasn't sure at all. In his heart he felt as if the strong leader saw him as only someone who was good at using his head. The tremble in his whiskers betrayed the image he was trying to set for the molly, and he exhaled slowly. "Probably not."
Fawnsplash's golden gaze softened at Stonewater's words, the same doubt she had evident in his words. Stonewater seemed to be such a capable tom, so his lack of an apprentice was surprising to the chestnut she-cat. Thoughtful silence engulfed Fawnsplash for a moment as she pondered what to say, opting to do her best to replenish any hope she could in the tom. "If you ask me, Passionstar would be foolish not to assign you an apprentice of your own. Such skills," She gestured to where the tom had performed his various 'tricks' from earlier, "Need to be passed down. Passionstar is likely just waiting for the right kit to step up, one that needs a strong mentor like you." She was confident in her words, even if she had made most of them up on the spot; to some extent this made her words only more truthful, as she spoke entirely upfront. She hadn't the time to conjure up any lies, and she hoped Stonewater knew that. Her chestnut fur felt warm in the radiance of the sun, as it climbed higher and higher in the sky. She wondered if the morning patrol had looked for her, had failed to find her. She wondered how on Earth she would explain her disappearance to them, whilst avoiding getting found out. She sighed, putting her worries to one side as she cast her golden gaze back to Stonewater. (When shall they return to camp, so we can then roleplay them as meeting up again?)
Old August 5th, 2018, 08:20 AM
souperman

Quote:
Fawnsplash's golden gaze softened at Stonewater's words, the same doubt she had evident in his words. Stonewater seemed to be such a capable tom, so his lack of an apprentice was surprising to the chestnut she-cat. Thoughtful silence engulfed Fawnsplash for a moment as she pondered what to say, opting to do her best to replenish any hope she could in the tom. "If you ask me, Passionstar would be foolish not to assign you an apprentice of your own. Such skills," She gestured to where the tom had performed his various 'tricks' from earlier, "Need to be passed down. Passionstar is likely just waiting for the right kit to step up, one that needs a strong mentor like you." She was confident in her words, even if she had made most of them up on the spot; to some extent this made her words only more truthful, as she spoke entirely upfront. She hadn't the time to conjure up any lies, and she hoped Stonewater knew that. Her chestnut fur felt warm in the radiance of the sun, as it climbed higher and higher in the sky. She wondered if the morning patrol had looked for her, had failed to find her. She wondered how on Earth she would explain her disappearance to them, whilst avoiding getting found out. She sighed, putting her worries to one side as she cast her golden gaze back to Stonewater. (When shall they return to camp, so we can then roleplay them as meeting up again?)
(I can do it right now xD)

"Thank you." The tom purred, warmth lighting up his gaze as he gave her a soft smile. He glanced up at the dappled light coming through the gaps in the leaves, making the forest look like it was dancing. Suddenly, the tom went rigid as a certain scent filled his nose. His ears stood alert atop his head as he jumped up. "We need to go." He heard the light crackle of leaves as the ThunderClan patrol moved through the forest. He nosed Fawnsplash in the direction of the border, the fur along his spine standing tall as he whispered urgently in her ear. "Follow me, and try to be quiet as you run." He took off, jumping over a log as the charcoal tom hared through the forest, dodging trees and ducking low under branches. He panted slightly, more from fear then anything else. He looked behind him to see if the molly was keeping up with his long strides, and kept going on. After about a minute, they finally got to the border. Stonewater glanced worriedly behind him, thinking about the patrol in ThunderClan territory. "We don't have much time." He said softly, gazing at the chestnut molly as his tail lashed back and forth. He flexed his claws in and out of the dirt in anxiety, hoping he'll be able to see the she-cat again.

who, me?
please don't kill the
v i b e.

♥character site♥

Old August 5th, 2018, 08:30 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
"I agree on needing our on space." Marigold would've loved the opportunity to meet other blind cats, to know they go through the same struggles she had to. Of course, she always assumed it was- and meeting this Thunderclan tom was proving her assumptions correct- but she would've loved a chance to listen to others like her, hear their own stories and share her own even. She'd like to ask this tom so many questions buzzing in her head, but she refused to start the inquiry. This was not a gathering- it was a meeting among the border between two clans, two rivals. She couldn't allow herself to relax simply because this tom was blind like her, though she was finding it hard to keep herself alert, instinctively feeling at ease with this feline. At the Thunderclanner's comment on the birdsong, she tilted her head back as if looking up- not that either of them would be able to see it. Marigoldbriar was simply accustomed to moving her head to mimic sight, finding it made seeing cats more at ease in her company. "I don't need quiet to pick out sounds. You of all cats should know how that is," she remarked, though fell quiet after. His sneeze caused her to jump, the sudden sound startling her. She settled back down without a word, slightly embarrassed at being caught off guard. The scent of prey caused her to perk up. She hadn't eaten in a while, though she knew this meal would not be shared. It was Thunderclan's prey, after all, not Windclan's. "You catch that?" She new the simply joy and accomplishment that came with making a catch. Being blind added an extra factor to complicate hunting, so a successful hunt was more reason to celebrate than would be for a seeing cat.
{Woophs. I kept thinking I had replied yet again xD}

At her curious question the tom said proudly, "Yeah. I did. Although it won't feed many mouths but I'm happy. Yet the clan won't be..." his voice died down, knowing that the she-cat would pick up on it. When he often caught prey he was told that it was something he had stolen, that he shouldn't make enemies of other cats. He wanted to share the mouse, but... this was a cat from another clan yet she was the one who understood his troubles. He was in a dilemma. Finally making up his mind, the largely build male pushed the mouse towards the she-cat. From the way she moved, he had guessed she wasn't large, and her steps were light but not normally light. "You're thin aren't you? Here try to eat this... it's not what Windclan cats normally eats, and we're supposed to be enemies yet I do feel like we should stick up for each other if others won't." What he said was truly what he felt. If his clan didn't treat him with the respect he wanted, he would get angry, he hated being talked down to, to be told that he was less just because he couldn't see. He never knew what it was like to see! He could 'see' just fine by using his other senses, he knew the territory better than anyone else, he knew where to step, where to jump and where every single tree was! Who else knew it? He did not know but it was something that truly frustrated him and he hoped that the she-cat next to him shared his opinion. "You ever felt like... although we can't 'see', that we see more than everyone else? Like we know where everything is, when something is moved. Just because it's in our nature."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old August 5th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup View Post
(I can do it right now xD)

"Thank you." The tom purred, warmth lighting up his gaze as he gave her a soft smile. He glanced up at the dappled light coming through the gaps in the leaves, making the forest look like it was dancing. Suddenly, the tom went rigid as a certain scent filled his nose. His ears stood alert atop his head as he jumped up. "We need to go." He heard the light crackle of leaves as the ThunderClan patrol moved through the forest. He nosed Fawnsplash in the direction of the border, the fur along his spine standing tall as he whispered urgently in her ear. "Follow me, and try to be quiet as you run." He took off, jumping over a log as the charcoal tom hared through the forest, dodging trees and ducking low under branches. He panted slightly, more from fear then anything else. He looked behind him to see if the molly was keeping up with his long strides, and kept going on. After about a minute, they finally got to the border. Stonewater glanced worriedly behind him, thinking about the patrol in ThunderClan territory. "We don't have much time." He said softly, gazing at the chestnut molly as his tail lashed back and forth. He flexed his claws in and out of the dirt in anxiety, hoping he'll be able to see the she-cat again.
The she-cat quickly caught scent of the Thunderclan patrol, her entire body tensing up in the same manner Stonewater's did. Her golden gaze dimmed, anxiety clouding the colourful depths. Her fur had raised instinctively, as she followed Stonewater as quietly as she could. Her slender legs only just managed to keep up with Stonewater, her speed faltering as she focused more on avoiding objects scattered about the forest floor. Her chestnut fur collected a few pieces of grass and leaves, though she paid no attention to it. Her mind raced almost as quickly as she did in order to keep up with the charcoal tom's intense pace. Relieve flooded her as they reached the border, the Windclan she-cat glad to know escape wasn't far. But she couldn't leave yet, not without knowing she would see the tom again. She had never felt so comfortable and calm around another cat, not even with any in Windclan. She simply had to see him again. Chest rising at a quickened pace as she cast her golden gaze to the tom, she pondered when best it was to see him again. "Here, two days from now, once the evening border patrol is done? Please?" Her words were quick and unexplained, and she hoped he would understand she was hoping to meet him again. She stood on edge, her body angled toward's Windclan and her back legs ready to kick her off into a sprint as soon as arrangements had been made. She only hoped she hadn't left any scent behind, and that she herself didn't smell of Thunderclan. She made a note to herself to role around in the tall grass to remove any obvious scents, hoping it would be enough to cover up anything suspicious.
Old August 5th, 2018, 11:15 AM
souperman

Quote:
The she-cat quickly caught scent of the Thunderclan patrol, her entire body tensing up in the same manner Stonewater's did. Her golden gaze dimmed, anxiety clouding the colourful depths. Her fur had raised instinctively, as she followed Stonewater as quietly as she could. Her slender legs only just managed to keep up with Stonewater, her speed faltering as she focused more on avoiding objects scattered about the forest floor. Her chestnut fur collected a few pieces of grass and leaves, though she paid no attention to it. Her mind raced almost as quickly as she did in order to keep up with the charcoal tom's intense pace. Relieve flooded her as they reached the border, the Windclan she-cat glad to know escape wasn't far. But she couldn't leave yet, not without knowing she would see the tom again. She had never felt so comfortable and calm around another cat, not even with any in Windclan. She simply had to see him again. Chest rising at a quickened pace as she cast her golden gaze to the tom, she pondered when best it was to see him again. "Here, two days from now, once the evening border patrol is done? Please?" Her words were quick and unexplained, and she hoped he would understand she was hoping to meet him again. She stood on edge, her body angled toward's Windclan and her back legs ready to kick her off into a sprint as soon as arrangements had been made. She only hoped she hadn't left any scent behind, and that she herself didn't smell of Thunderclan. She made a note to herself to role around in the tall grass to remove any obvious scents, hoping it would be enough to cover up anything suspicious.
Stonewater stood frozen for a moment, surprised at the she-cat's offer but also relieved, as he had been wanted to ask that same question. After a heartbeat of silence, he nodded, casting a soft smile in her direction. "Absolutely." He murmured, pressing his muzzle to her neck for a moment before his head swivelled around, hearing the mews of many cats nearing the border. He sighed, not knowing if he could make it even just two nights without seeing the molly. But, he knew what needed to happen. Even if he was reluctant, he understood she couldn't stay here. "You need to go." He whispered, falling right into Fawnsplash's golden gaze as he looked at her. "They're too close."

who, me?
please don't kill the
v i b e.

♥character site♥

Old August 5th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

@Soup
Fawnsplash hesitated, despite the dire need to run from the approaching Thunderclan cats. For a moment she was lost in Stonewater's deep mossy gaze, scared that when she returned in 2 days he would not be here waiting for her. But as the footsteps drew nearer and nearer, the she-cat quickly realised she would simply have to have faith in the tom's words. She gave him one last smile, golden gaze saddening at the realisation she would have to leave. "Be safe, please," She whispered so quietly she wondered if Stonewater would even hear her, but her pleading gaze offered him an idea regardless. The chestnut she-cat quickly turned and bolted across the border. She remained in sight for just a moment, before disappearing in amongst the tall grass of the moorland. Her ears flattened against her head as her mind began to swarm itself with thoughts of Stonewater smelling of Windclan and being found out, anxiety pooling up within her. She run a fair bit into the moor, her slender form barely visible in amongst the lengthy grass around her. She came to a stop only a small distance away from Windclan's main camp, remembering to mask the scent of Thunderclan as best she could. She'd made a few excuses up in case someone still managed to catch on. Lowering down to the ground and turning over so that her back was against the ground, the she-cat rubbed herself against the soft soil, which was still slightly damp from the intense rain. She continued this for a few minutes, before deciding it was likely enough. Shaking off any excess dirt, the she-cat glanced back toward the border worriedly. She knew there was nothing else she could do, but she knew if she were to find out something happened to Stonewater she would be met with immeasurable guilt. Sighing softly, she cast her gaze back toward the direction of Windclan's camp. Moving slowly through the moor, the she-cat made her way back, not too excited to be returning to what she knew would be an entourage of questions from her friends and other members of the windclan border patrol.
Old August 5th, 2018, 12:36 PM
souperman

Quote:
@Soup
Fawnsplash hesitated, despite the dire need to run from the approaching Thunderclan cats. For a moment she was lost in Stonewater's deep mossy gaze, scared that when she returned in 2 days he would not be here waiting for her. But as the footsteps drew nearer and nearer, the she-cat quickly realised she would simply have to have faith in the tom's words. She gave him one last smile, golden gaze saddening at the realisation she would have to leave. "Be safe, please," She whispered so quietly she wondered if Stonewater would even hear her, but her pleading gaze offered him an idea regardless. The chestnut she-cat quickly turned and bolted across the border. She remained in sight for just a moment, before disappearing in amongst the tall grass of the moorland. Her ears flattened against her head as her mind began to swarm itself with thoughts of Stonewater smelling of Windclan and being found out, anxiety pooling up within her. She run a fair bit into the moor, her slender form barely visible in amongst the lengthy grass around her. She came to a stop only a small distance away from Windclan's main camp, remembering to mask the scent of Thunderclan as best she could. She'd made a few excuses up in case someone still managed to catch on. Lowering down to the ground and turning over so that her back was against the ground, the she-cat rubbed herself against the soft soil, which was still slightly damp from the intense rain. She continued this for a few minutes, before deciding it was likely enough. Shaking off any excess dirt, the she-cat glanced back toward the border worriedly. She knew there was nothing else she could do, but she knew if she were to find out something happened to Stonewater she would be met with immeasurable guilt. Sighing softly, she cast her gaze back toward the direction of Windclan's camp. Moving slowly through the moor, the she-cat made her way back, not too excited to be returning to what she knew would be an entourage of questions from her friends and other members of the windclan border patrol.
He nodded, sighing as he watched the she-cat hare away. He stayed for a heartbeat once she was gone, then ran back into the forest, making it just in time as the patrol came out another way. He slowed down to a medium trot, his mind and paws feeling both tired yet giddy at the same time. He was going to see Fawnsplash again! He made his way through the woodland, aiming to go where there was a lot of wild garlic. The charcoal tom knew this would disguise her scent, as it smelled very strong. Curling his lip in disgust, he flopped into the garlic, almost retching at the smell that came from the crushed stalks. Reluctantly, he began to roll around, making sure to get the smell everywhere before he began the walk down to one of the streams in ThunderClan territory. The tom was hoping the stream would dial down some of the garlic, just so his clanmates weren't all that suspicious. He bent down to taste the stream, the cool taste bathing his dry tongue. He thirstily gulped down more water, then stepped in. Stonewater shivered, the stream was colder then Dark Forest warriors! He waded in, his teeth chattering as the current lapped his fur. Gulping in a big breath, he submerged his whole head, doing his best to remove all scents from his pelt. The garlic would still cling slightly, hiding any WindClan scent that was left on his fluffy fur. Once this task was finished, he began the long trek back to ThunderClan, cold and alone once more.

who, me?
please don't kill the
v i b e.

♥character site♥