[ Seab Sib Finder! ] “The...
Last post by Blazing
Today 12:40 AM

Old August 4th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

@Empress Of Evil @Silver Fishie

Shinefang responded to the apprentice's worry with calm reassurance. "She's not going to get an infection. This is a brand new wound. And even if she did, there's herbs to treat infection. We don't need to go lopping off paws over it. Now focus." With careful attention, the apprentice continued working on the thorn. He winced and shot a glance at Auroraflame when he saw her chomp down on the sensitive pad, but to the deputy's credit, she barely made a move over it. At last, the young shecat was able to pull the thorn free. Not a moment after that was done, the little calico was asking if she had done it right. "You did just fine. It was very good for a first thorn. The only thing I would do different is take a little more time and be a little more gentle when you bite down on the thorn. You got her pad just the tiniest bit. Not to worry. Auroraflame is a big girl and she can handle it. You'll just want to be careful in the future. Bite a kit on the pad and you will never hear the end of it from their mother," he finished with a shake of his head and good-natured eye-roll.

"Anyway, Now we'll want to get some herbs on that pad to make sure there's no infection. Now the thing you need to know about infection treatment and prevention is that there are plenty of herbs that do both. The one you use is going to be partially about your particular patient and the situation, but some of it is going to be just your own preference." Shinefang then reached onto one of his shelves and began to pull down herbs. Lately here, he had been organizing them according to uses. He kept the ones for infection prevention on a lower shelf because he used them more. He set three herbs in front of the shecat. "Let's start with these three. They all make good poultices once chewed." He pointed with his paw to a brown-colored root. "This is burdock. It can treat infections and prevent it. It's so potent it even works on rat bites. But, it does sting when applied to wounds. More than most other herbs." Next he pointed to a cluster of yellow flowers. "This is horsetail. It's more mild, still treats infections, and can stop bleeding as well. It grows in marshy places so it's much more common in Shadowclan, but you can still find it here near streams. So it's useful, but sometimes a little harder to find. And here," he said, pointing to a bright yellow flower, "Is marigold. It treats wounds and infections and ever helps with inflammation. But some types are poisonous for cats to swallow. So if you use it, you need to be sure to clean your paws and wash out your mouth after." Finally, he waved his paw over the choices and calmly said. "Go ahead and pick one."

Old August 4th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Warriorsfan101~ View Post
“Ow! Oh its good.” He said looking up to the older tom “How’s treating cats?” He said with amusment. He looked up to the tom and wanted him to know it. The mixture hurt but he knew it would work. “ Do you know how to get thorns out of a nest? As you thought it was that. Also do you want some prey after your done? I can get some if you want.” The young tom offered to keep his mind off all the pain.
“Ah you know: a sprained paw here, a nicked ear there. I can’t complain. I mean I can, but who would listen? Right? As for your thorn problem, I’d start with batting the ears of the apprentice who changed your moss last. Then I suppose feel for them with your paws. Or throw out the moss altogether and get more. Your call.” The job was done before The younger cat was done speaking. Shinefang took his paws off the warriors ear and said, “Yes actually, that would be nice. I haven’t eaten this morning yet. Have you? You can feel free to bring something for yourself too if you like. We’ll greet the day with full bellies.”

Old August 4th, 2018, 11:13 PM
Taking a Break

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
“Ah you know: a sprained paw here, a nicked ear there. I can’t complain. I mean I can, but who would listen? Right? As for your thorn problem, I’d start with batting the ears of the apprentice who changed your moss last. Then I suppose feel for them with your paws. Or throw out the moss altogether and get more. Your call.” The job was done before The younger cat was done speaking. Shinefang took his paws off the warriors ear and said, “Yes actually, that would be nice. I haven’t eaten this morning yet. Have you? You can feel free to bring something for yourself too if you like. We’ll greet the day with full bellies.”
“Ok.” The younger tom respected Sinefang and dipped his head on the way out. He picked through the fresh-kill pile and found a plump mouse for Shinefang and a small vole for himself. With a full maw he walked back into the med den and gave Shinefang his plump mouse. Oaksplash dropped his vole and said “Is that what you want?” He wanted to make sure thats what Shinefang wanted before starting to eat. “I think I’ll just throw out my moss and get some more.” Oaksplash meowed to the older cat.

Taking a break from rping. I do not know when I will be back.

Everyone has their moments to shine and this ones yours my friend. You will be yourself right now. That’s why you joined this platform that we call WCO,so we could be ourselves. Go be you boo
Old August 5th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Warriorsfan101~ View Post
“Ok.” The younger tom respected Sinefang and dipped his head on the way out. He picked through the fresh-kill pile and found a plump mouse for Shinefang and a small vole for himself. With a full maw he walked back into the med den and gave Shinefang his plump mouse. Oaksplash dropped his vole and said “Is that what you want?” He wanted to make sure thats what Shinefang wanted before starting to eat. “I think I’ll just throw out my moss and get some more.” Oaksplash meowed to the older cat.
The older tom’s mouth watered at the sight of the mouse. “Yes thank you,” he said hastily before digging in. After swallowing down a couple good bites, he nodded in acknowledgment of the warrior’s solution to his thorn problem. “Might be a better way to go. How does that ear feel? I can give you something for the pain if it’s too bad.”

Old August 8th, 2018, 09:33 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
@NightWarrior4Life @Okapi @Silver Fishie

"Cranberrypaw!" Shinefang exclamed, stomping his forepaw as if catching a mouse by the tail. "Right right. So close. Well anyway, I'm glad you're getting the entrance fixed up. It'll really help out with the drafts when winter comes. When Gorsepaw spoke to Ringpaw, the old tom saw a touch of movement in the corner of his eye, and spotted his calico apprentice trying to look inconspicuous. His whiskers gave an amused twitch. "It's alright Ringpaw. You can come out for a bit and socialize. These are your former denmates after all."
@NightWarrior4Life @Silver Fishie
Cranberrypaw nodded a little, she wasn’t as close to Shinefang as Gorsepaw was let alone Ringpaw. As far as Cranberrypaw could see Shinefang was an old grouch who could sometimes be a little bit appreciative.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old August 8th, 2018, 09:58 AM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Quote:

Shinefang responded to the apprentice's worry with calm reassurance. "She's not going to get an infection. This is a brand new wound. And even if she did, there's herbs to treat infection. We don't need to go lopping off paws over it. Now focus." With careful attention, the apprentice continued working on the thorn. He winced and shot a glance at Auroraflame when he saw her chomp down on the sensitive pad, but to the deputy's credit, she barely made a move over it. At last, the young shecat was able to pull the thorn free. Not a moment after that was done, the little calico was asking if she had done it right. "You did just fine. It was very good for a first thorn. The only thing I would do different is take a little more time and be a little more gentle when you bite down on the thorn. You got her pad just the tiniest bit. Not to worry. Auroraflame is a big girl and she can handle it. You'll just want to be careful in the future. Bite a kit on the pad and you will never hear the end of it from their mother," he finished with a shake of his head and good-natured eye-roll.

"Anyway, Now we'll want to get some herbs on that pad to make sure there's no infection. Now the thing you need to know about infection treatment and prevention is that there are plenty of herbs that do both. The one you use is going to be partially about your particular patient and the situation, but some of it is going to be just your own preference." Shinefang then reached onto one of his shelves and began to pull down herbs. Lately here, he had been organizing them according to uses. He kept the ones for infection prevention on a lower shelf because he used them more. He set three herbs in front of the shecat. "Let's start with these three. They all make good poultices once chewed." He pointed with his paw to a brown-colored root. "This is burdock. It can treat infections and prevent it. It's so potent it even works on rat bites. But, it does sting when applied to wounds. More than most other herbs." Next he pointed to a cluster of yellow flowers. "This is horsetail. It's more mild, still treats infections, and can stop bleeding as well. It grows in marshy places so it's much more common in Shadowclan, but you can still find it here near streams. So it's useful, but sometimes a little harder to find. And here," he said, pointing to a bright yellow flower, "Is marigold. It treats wounds and infections and ever helps with inflammation. But some types are poisonous for cats to swallow. So if you use it, you need to be sure to clean your paws and wash out your mouth after." Finally, he waved his paw over the choices and calmly said. "Go ahead and pick one."
@Empress Of Evil @Charmer
(I think it’s my turn. Sorry this is so late!)

Ringpaw looked up at him.
Don’t bite kits. She thought. It was really only common knowledge, but what about Auroraflame? She looked like she was fighting back tears.
Ringpaw instantly felt bad about biting her. Even if the yellow tom had complimented her on her work effort and other things, she would have to practice to become better.
Her eyes briefly fluttered down to where the brown thorn lay, shiny and coated in a thin layer of blood.
Ringpaw had felt fascinated when it had pulled out. But now what to do with the thorn itself?
“Is there anywhere that we put the extracted thorns? We don’t want anyone else stepping on the thorns, right?” She asked. “I bet if we took a ton of thorns, we could lay them around the outside of camp for any intruders. But someone from Skyclan might step on one!” She finished.
She reached out a fluffy brown paw to pat the thorn, careful to not touch the sharp point. She moved it closer to herself, just so that she would remember where it was.
She averted her gaze from the black deputy to look at Shinefang, who had begun to explain herb uses.
Um, burdock?” She said hesitantly. She liked the color of the marigold, and while it looked tempting to pick apart the petals, she didn’t feel like getting poisoned today.
Besides, she had never been very good with washing her paws. With her tongue, she was alright, but she had never really gotten used to rinsing off in water. It had always boggled her mind when others said that they did so. Why trek out to scrub your paws outrageously when with a flick of the tongue you would be fine?
Anyways, she looked down at the first herb, burdock. It had leafy green fronds that were wide, about the size of her paw. The top looked spiky, much like thistles, with a hint of purple ingrained into the greener hue.
With a tentative paw, she reached out to pat it gently, testing its feel.
“How do I chew it up? Do I peel it apart first? Does the sting hurt badly?” She questioned. One day she might need to use it on a kit, and if the sting hurt like flames or thorns, then maybe horsetail or marigold would be a tad better.
Ringpaw gazed up at Shinefang, awaiting his response.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old August 9th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Sigh...

Seeing Cranberrypaw's apprehension about speaking, and Ringpaw's nervousness about approaching the apprentices while he hung around, he dipped his head at the two young workers. "Well, I have some work to get done. I look forward to seeing what you two come up with." Glancing at his apprentice, still ducking out of view, he added. "Come on back in when you're done," giving her a reprieve. He may be her mentor, but these cats were going to be her clanmates long after he was gone. He didn't want her relationships with other cats falling by the wayside because he was working her too hard.

Old August 10th, 2018, 03:53 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
@NightWarrior4Life @Silver Fishie
Cranberrypaw nodded a little, she wasn’t as close to Shinefang as Gorsepaw was let alone Ringpaw. As far as Cranberrypaw could see Shinefang was an old grouch who could sometimes be a little bit appreciative.
Quote:

Seeing Cranberrypaw's apprehension about speaking, and Ringpaw's nervousness about approaching the apprentices while he hung around, he dipped his head at the two young workers. "Well, I have some work to get done. I look forward to seeing what you two come up with." Glancing at his apprentice, still ducking out of view, he added. "Come on back in when you're done," giving her a reprieve. He may be her mentor, but these cats were going to be her clanmates long after he was gone. He didn't want her relationships with other cats falling by the wayside because he was working her too hard.
GorsePaw noticed how slightly uncomfortable CranberryPaw looked.
The tabby nodded at ShineFang's offer. "Come on CranberryPaw, let's get back to work. We're about a quarter of the way there so we need to speed up a bit."
The brown she-cat grabbed some rocks, all shapes and sizes, and placed them in all the gaps. Some gaps were just too small for any rocks so she simply shoved moss inside.
Old August 11th, 2018, 03:13 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post

@Empress Of Evil @Charmer
(I think it’s my turn. Sorry this is so late!)

Ringpaw looked up at him.
Don’t bite kits. She thought. It was really only common knowledge, but what about Auroraflame? She looked like she was fighting back tears.
Ringpaw instantly felt bad about biting her. Even if the yellow tom had complimented her on her work effort and other things, she would have to practice to become better.
Her eyes briefly fluttered down to where the brown thorn lay, shiny and coated in a thin layer of blood.
Ringpaw had felt fascinated when it had pulled out. But now what to do with the thorn itself?
“Is there anywhere that we put the extracted thorns? We don’t want anyone else stepping on the thorns, right?” She asked. “I bet if we took a ton of thorns, we could lay them around the outside of camp for any intruders. But someone from Skyclan might step on one!” She finished.
She reached out a fluffy brown paw to pat the thorn, careful to not touch the sharp point. She moved it closer to herself, just so that she would remember where it was.
She averted her gaze from the black deputy to look at Shinefang, who had begun to explain herb uses.
Um, burdock?” She said hesitantly. She liked the color of the marigold, and while it looked tempting to pick apart the petals, she didn’t feel like getting poisoned today.
Besides, she had never been very good with washing her paws. With her tongue, she was alright, but she had never really gotten used to rinsing off in water. It had always boggled her mind when others said that they did so. Why trek out to scrub your paws outrageously when with a flick of the tongue you would be fine?
Anyways, she looked down at the first herb, burdock. It had leafy green fronds that were wide, about the size of her paw. The top looked spiky, much like thistles, with a hint of purple ingrained into the greener hue.
With a tentative paw, she reached out to pat it gently, testing its feel.
“How do I chew it up? Do I peel it apart first? Does the sting hurt badly?” She questioned. One day she might need to use it on a kit, and if the sting hurt like flames or thorns, then maybe horsetail or marigold would be a tad better.
Ringpaw gazed up at Shinefang, awaiting his response.
The she-cat’s whiskers twitched slightly as Shinefang called her a ‘big girl’. She then looked away as Shinefang went on to teaching Ringpaw some more about herbs and treatment. Honestly, although it could be good to listen to what Shinefang had to say, he wasn’t exactly talking to her, plus this was medicine cat stuff so she didn’t need to worry about it. Instead, she lifted up her paw and put it in front of her eyes, her tail tightening around herself nervously as she examined the wound. It was a bloody spot on her paw and she could see where her flesh dipped down, where the thorn had once been. She then looked away uneasily. It wasn’t the sight of blood or the fact that she now had a small hole in her paw, she just didn’t want to think about what could happen to this wound if something else bad happened to it, like she got an affection.

She then tuned back in to listen to what Shinefang was talking about. She listened quietly, trying to absorb as much of this knowledge as possible. Who knew when it could come in handy. For a few moments, the she-cat listened, fascinated by the power of plants before she suddenly blinked and quickly began to lost her focus. As she blinked a few more times, she noticed that her vision was switching between clear and blurry every time. She frowned in confusion before she realised that there must be water in her eyes. Or more accurately, tears. That made sense, after all, she had been aware of the leak that had sprouted in her gaze as the apprentice had accidentally bitten her paw. As Ringpaw looked away to pay further attention to Shinefang, she took the moment to bend her head down, acting as if she were going to lick her chest fur, but instead pressed each eye up against her arms to dab away the tears.

She looked up just in time to hear about Ringpaw asking where they would put the thorn. “That’s actually not a bad idea,” she remarked thoughtfully. Laying thorns about the camp would be a good idea if they wanted to protect the camp, although as Ringpaw had stated, there was the obvious chance that someone from SkyClan might step on it. “I mean, if we’re ever preparing for war we could try it out,” she continued thoughtfully, more so to herself than to the medicine cats. She knew that it might be a cruel thing to do, to prepare to hurt the enemy, but Auroraflame knew that now it was basically kill or be killed. Or more reasonably, hurt or be hurt. They had to be ready and they had to prepare.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old August 12th, 2018, 02:52 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
GorsePaw noticed how slightly uncomfortable CranberryPaw looked.
The tabby nodded at ShineFang's offer. "Come on CranberryPaw, let's get back to work. We're about a quarter of the way there so we need to speed up a bit."
The brown she-cat grabbed some rocks, all shapes and sizes, and placed them in all the gaps. Some gaps were just too small for any rocks so she simply shoved moss inside.
Cranberrypaw nodded,” That is a good idea.” She replied rather calmly still stiff.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here