Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Old News

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Surprise!
Last post by Dark
Today 04:46 AM
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Apollo.
Today 03:48 AM
[LF] kestrelpaw art
by Rose
Last post by Myling
Today 03:23 AM
Beachpaw's Training
Last post by Fawn
Today 02:53 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 02:31 AM

Old October 4th, 2016, 12:36 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Guide: How to Add Music to Your Profile

How to Add Music to Your Profile

So you know which song you want to add, but you have no idea how to get your favorite tune onto your profile? Well, you've come to the right place! I promise it's a very easy process.

Preliminaries
The first thing you need to do is look at the Approved Songs List and check if your song appears on it. It is sorted in alphabetical order by artist.

My Song Is on the List
On the Approved Songs thread, make sure the link works! Click on it and see if it plays -- if it does NOT play, report it to an administrator. From there, all you need to do is head over to the Song Requests thread and post in the format provided, then wait for a staff member to add the song to your profile.
Note: You do not need to fill in the "Song Link" section.

My Song Is Not on the List
If your song is not currently on the Approved Songs List, you will need to do a few extra steps before it can be successfully added to your profile.

Step One:
You'll need to get the song onto your computer. There are various ways to do this, but the staff agree that the easiest way is to go to YouTube and search for the song. Listen to the video carefully to ensure this is the song you want, and only the song you want (no intro or outro music.) If it is, copy the URL/link to the song.

In a new tab, open Youtube-to-MP3 or a similar service that permits you to download the tune. In the box, paste the YouTube URL and click "Convert Video". After it's finished processing, right click on the Download button, choose "Save Link As.." and save the file to your desktop -- or any place you wish.

Step Two:
Since you have now downloaded the file and have it saved to your hard drive, it's time to go to Vocaroo. Press "Click to Upload" and select the song file that you downloaded just a couple minutes ago.

Upload the song to Vocaroo. Once it's finished, look down below the "share link", you should see a button that says "MP3". Right click the MP3 button and open it to a new tab, and finally, copy that unique link.

Step Three:
The final step! Go to the Song Requests thread and fill out the form. In the Song Link section, paste the Vocaroo URL that you have copied, and you're done!

If you have questions about this process, ask any staff member for help and we'll be happy to assist you!

Last edited by Empress Of Evil; October 29th, 2018 at 02:18 AM.