Last post by Myling
Today 04:08 PM
Firefly Cove
by dino.
Last post by zBlaze
Today 04:07 PM

Old May 9th, 2024, 09:37 PM
professional yapper

Bump Policy: 48 hours (24 hours for time sensitive)
My Mood: Chatty
Default in the rushes (adoption parent finder)

If you're mentioned in this thread, it's because you had a placeholder or otherwise in my previous adoption thread! This is the updated version with more details on the baby!

What I'm looking for:

A foster/adoptive parent for my future main! She will be outsider born. The parent is intended to find her near the border, abandoned at just a few weeks old, and take her to Fadingsun. If you haven't inferred already, the kit will be going through outsider joining, and the parent-to-be will have to participate.

Per RiverClan joining requirements at the moment, the baby needs a plot of some substance in order to join. As of now, the plot is that during a storm the baby was swept downriver, away from her parents. She is about a moon old, and can't exactly swim very well, but fortunately she was swept into a patch of rushes, where she clung on by instinct until the storm passed. Adopter happened to be in the area hunting or something and heard a distressed and rather sickly kitten. Finding the baby in something like this in water too deep for the baby but shallow enough for a warrior to comfortably wade through, adopter is quick to bring the baby home to Mistyshard. The baby is quick to imprint on adopter, and whether through or against their nature, adopter finds themselves growing attached. They will then request to Fadingsun to be able to care for the baby as their own or something haha.

Of course, they have no idea where this kits origins lie, but that shouldn't ever be an issue as long as she's raised in RiverClan. Right?

This is subject to change if @/occultation doesn't find it to be substantial enough. So anyone applying should be willing to work with that!

I don't have too many preferences for this cat other than that they are a warrior and at least 12 moons of age. I also prefer a fairly active rper so we can get a lot of character development in before she's apprenticed. It would be nice for them to have a nurturing personality, but they might be otherwise and perhaps get character development from raising a child!

Who you're adopting:

Rushkit
Flickerkit | Stormkit | Shiverkit
Riverkit | Sedgekit | Mottlekit | Splashkit

The name Rushkit could be given by the adopter in reference to being found in the rushes! It might also refer later on to her personality in some way... The other names are suggestions for other names she could be given or choose later on, depending on the adopter's decisions. However, the name Rush(anything) really speaks to me lol so I think I'm set on that.

She'll age at a rate of one moon every two or three weeks until she's old enough for apprenticeship, and I'd prefer your cat to be very involved in her raising.

Her final design can be discussed with whoever I end up choosing!

Concept for reference:

Rush might be a dark tabby girly with pale orange streaks and yellow eyes. She might have a problem with separation anxiety from being abandoned, especially at first. She might have a streak of feeling she has something to prove, based on her origins.

Later on, I may decide to go through with a plot that Rush's original mother comes looking however many moons later and it causes a conflict, so keep that in mind!

No form required! I prefer a pre-existing cat just for the stronger motivation to keep up, but if you want to make one for the plot that's fine too! Note that this is not first come first served! I'll be deciding as soon as possible, but I really want the right kitty

Here's an optional form if you're lazy or just feel you need one:

Name:
Clan:
Appearance:
Personality:
Dynamic with the child:
Plot ideas:

Ideas for the child (name, personality, appearance, etc):
Mention!: @lark. (don't forget the period)

Thanks for reading and applying! It's much appreciated

Last edited by lark.; May 28th, 2024 at 10:20 AM.
Old May 10th, 2024, 08:16 AM
Call Me Zei

Bump Policy: don't bump me if you don't want bumped
My Mood: Lonely

Default Re: in the rushes (adoption finder)

Name: Martenburr
Bio thingy: https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=77995
Dynamic with the child: i feel like he'll be loving but also a bit of a Paranoid parent always worrying about his children
Plot ideas:

Ideas for the child (name, personality, appearance, etc):

Might go on Hiatus for 'bout 3 months, given summer vacation starts soon and i got practically no rps to keep me interested over the summer
Old May 27th, 2024, 01:12 PM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Bump Policy: 48 hours ^^
My Mood: Breezy

Default Re: in the rushes (adoption finder)

Name: Goldfish because Fritter can't stop me anymore mwahaha
Clan: Riverclan
Appearance: Pfp heh and I have an entire album of Goldfish
Personality: it's complicated ok she's dealing with depression atm though. Pretty friendly, energetic, playful, fierce, optimistic. But not really now cuz yknow she's a little depressed
Dynamic with the child: Good! I want them to have a solid relationship and bond.
Plot ideas: uh uh uh braindied

Ideas for the child (name, personality, appearance, etc): All of that is up to you! But said kit will have 3 siblings as well.
Mention!: @lark. 

"Prepare for the horrors
This night will keep repeating over and over
And over
Until you make it to the end"

Chaos is yet to arrive

Paris, Alec, Bean, Glitch, Indy, XxGhostStarsxX, PeanutCash, Morrigan, Hollyheart, Dolomedes, and Marigoldwhisper all reside in here. They will never escape :>
Old May 28th, 2024, 10:26 AM

Bump Policy: 24 Hours!
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: in the rushes (adoption parent finder)

Name: Rowan’Mane
Clan: RiverClan
Appearance: large, strong mackerel-striped brown tabby with long fur and gray eyes
Personality: He’s a strong-willed cat that cares deeply for his clan. When challenged with difficulty, or issues with the other clans, he can get a bit harsh and snappy, but he’s almost never like that. He was raised to always be polite, and that’s how he’d like to stay.
Dynamic with the child: He would be there for the kit whenever. He would be the type that would be stern but in a caring way, and playful with the kit.
Plot ideas: I don’t know-

Ideas for the child (name, personality, appearance, etc): sweet but maybe a bit sad that their mother isn’t there? (Rowan would happily cheer em up) Rush’Kit is perfect I think!

Last edited by Rowan; May 28th, 2024 at 10:26 AM.
Old May 28th, 2024, 10:43 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Name
Seabreeze

Clan
Riverclan

Appearance

wip

Personality
Warning I am really bad at explaining my characters so I promise there is more than I am saying, I am just bad at words hehe. Seabreeze is an anxious but dedicated lionheart of Riverclan. Starting with a harsh life and only for it to continue he has become a bit of a pessimist. He is very work focused because of he feels like he needs to make up for his lack of anything during his apprenticeship. He is prone to anxiety and suffers with depression after the loss of his sister but he is slowly getting better. Due to the the current happenings with the clan he is currently going through another slump. Upcoming plots will also affect his personality currently and it will affect this kit’s family within the clan. Currently Seabreeze’s only family he would count as family is Cloverpaw, who passed away when Seabreeze and her were 7 moons. He is planned to have a found family arc with @/starry’s Mistyshard, and so the kit could see her as an aunt when Seab and Misty get there. Most importantly, Seabreeze’s younger siblings, Beachpaw and Sorrelpaw (once joined) will be a bit mood changer. So Beach and Sorrel would be joining from being a kittypet and they share the same mom with Seab. Sorrel looks like Seabreeze’s sister, Cloverpaw, and Beachpaw looks similar to Seabreeze. The siblings will be trying to have a relationship with Seabreeze but he is distant because they bring up bad memories, but they will eventually work things out. Perhaps the kit can help bridge the gap a bit :3c

Dynamic with the child
Seabreeze is a worrier, but wouldn’t be a bad parent, just would question himself constantly. Between his work, mental health, and fear of being his father, he would feel like he is constantly failing the kit though would do his best to always be there and help them while growing up no matter what. Once things smooth out with Seab and his siblings and perhaps Seab and Misty, others in the kits family can babysit when Seab’s Lionheart duties get especially busy. Though he would make sure they wouldn’t feel alone ever. He would also be there to help with Rushkit’s training and play games, and hear them out, and check in with them often.

Plot ideas
Wip

Ideas for the child (name, personality, appearance, etc)
Wip

Mention!
@lark.

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!

Last edited by Dolomedes; May 29th, 2024 at 02:05 PM.
Old May 28th, 2024, 11:08 AM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly

yeeting shellkit in here bc of goldfish

Name: shellkit
Clan: rc
Appearance: cover of my oc art album
Personality: he a sweet, anxious boi. he is so adorable, he could steal something and still be cute. there is no stopping the cuteness.
Dynamic with the child: bestie
Plot ideas: owo

Ideas for the child (name, personality, appearance, etc): -
Mention!: @lark.

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig |
Rose side-eyed the cats and rats. Was she here because her name was Kat? | oakcrane graffitis "oakcrane wuz here" everywhere

Character Creator! (read the description please, i just made a new version of someone else's game that had limited color options. it is their art, not mine!)
Old May 29th, 2024, 02:45 PM
I'm so lost ;v;

Bump Policy: ✎✭|{After 24 hours, and 48 hours on weekdays}|✭✎
My Mood: Amused

Name: Mudsmoke

Clan: Riverclan

Appearance: ref

Personality: Mudsmoke is rather pessimistic and almost always has a scowl or deadpanned expression but underneath his aloof mask he is actually very kind hearted and empathetic. He just tries to distance himself from others to avoid what happened with his dad.

Dynamic with the child: he'll rescue rushkit and then be like ok my job is done. Little did he know he has unintentionally adopted a child. He would be a father in detail and would still worry about her stuff and constantly come to see if she was doing alright. He'll be like her parent without the label and get 'annoyed' when she follows him around.

Plot ideas: So mudsmoke didn't have a good dad as a child. He never met his mom's and he knows he wasn't born riverclan. His dad brought him here. He had always tried to gain his father's approval and attention but his dad never paid attention and didn't seem to want anything to do with him. One day his dad just left, abandoned the clan and left him behind, the dissapointment and sadness he felt then we'll. He doesn't want to feel that again. Plot idea would be that he starts doing the same thing his dad does to rushkit, eventually he will realise this and attempt to change. His lack of a good parent in his life might influence in the way he tries to be a parent.

Extra plot (because yes): (co parenting with Seabreaze >:3) they'll both find rushkit on a patrol hunting most likely and bring her back to camp. Two problematic parents /j

Ideas for the child (name, personality, appearance, etc)
I'd like to leave it up to you ofc, and I like the name rushkit :3

Mention! @lark.
|{I do not share or agree with the opinions/actions of my characters}|
Artshop||Character Bio's(WIP)||Magpiepaw finder

Last edited by burntToast; May 29th, 2024 at 03:24 PM.