Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Bean
Today 11:52 AM
Sedgewater Valley
by BEAR.
Last post by burntToast
Today 11:29 AM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Dust
Today 11:27 AM

Old March 23rd, 2017, 08:30 AM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Muscles shaking as she entered the den behind Geckoleaf, the dark furred Bengal let out a sigh, the sound whispering through the den and absorbed by the dimly lit walls that surrounded her. The mossy vines that hung down, sheltering the medicine den from the rest of camp, swung down back into place, shaking slightly from a leaf-bare breeze that rattled the branches outside. Instantly, the unfamiliar scent of herbs hit Cricketpaw's nose, and she paused, taking a moment to breath them in. Soon, she knew that with time she would eventually come to place a name with the scent, and the thought of having this extra knowledge sent a thrill of excitement rushing through her. Although her forepaws were all but limp from exhaustion, the she-cat's mind was active and awake, flipping through the different scents as if they were pieces of different prey. The sweet aroma filled her nostrils and exhilarated her. After a few brief moments, she opened her eyes and glanced over at where Geckoleaf had sank down into her nest. Sleep she though, her paws automatically making their way back to where her old nest has been from when she was a patient. Despite the nagging thoughts that she would soon have to began her training, the tired apprentice sank gratefully down into the nest, it's warm and soothing appeal drawing her in as her muscles released a sigh of joy, relaxation sweeping over her in waves. "Did you want to start now, Geckoleaf?" she murmured, a yawn cutting into her voice half way through, jaws parting to reveal her glinting white teeth.
Soreness became prevalent, and the last thing she wanted to do was move from her comfortable bed. Even through the whole journey here, she had barely felt a thing, having forced herself to keep moving until she got to the safeness of camp. She let out a low sigh, more annoyed with the bit about leaving her bed than teaching Cricketpaw. "Yes. I think, since showing you the actual herbs requires, may I dare say, moving, we should instead go over the herbs and their uses, then tomorrow we'll start on sorting them," she replied, her voice soft and quiet from exhaustion. Still, she forced herself up and hobbled over to where Cricketpaw lay, deciding to be close enough to her apprentice so that she didn't have to yell, but so that they could both still laying down, recovering their energy. She sank down on the soft moss next to Cricketpaw, unabashedly snuggling close to her apprentice. It was still quite chilly, even in the den, and no one would question the medicine cats for keeping in close contact. Her tail flicked out of the way, and she wrapped it around her frosty toes, hoping to give them back some life. She let out a wide-mouthed yawn of her own, her gape revealing a perfect set of teeth, not marred by the hard life of a warrior. It wasn't to say that her work was no less important, but she would never chip a tooth in battle, and knock it against a rock while hunting. Turning her attention towards Cricketpaw, she smiled lightly. "Alright. The basics, so that you know emergency healing. Burdock root for infection chewed to a pulp. Catmint, for Greencough, fed whole. Tansy for coughs- but not too much," she said softly. As she continued, her words adopted a song-like quality; they lilted up and down gently, and created tone and rhythm, beautiful in the way only and unintentional creation can be.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old March 25th, 2017, 09:21 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Sandpool walked into the medicine den with slight difficulty, glancing around.
"Hello?" She mewed, the long scratch on her side now stung with pain and she cringed slightly. Even though it wasn't likely awfully severe, it stung and she wouldn't be able to help her Clan with it still painful. "Mouse-brained loner!" She spat to herself, running her tongue over the wound.
Old March 25th, 2017, 09:22 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post
Sandpool walked into the medicine den with slight difficulty, glancing around.
"Hello?" She mewed, the long scratch on her side now stung with pain and she cringed slightly. Even though it wasn't likely awfully severe, it stung and she wouldn't be able to help her Clan with it still painful. "Mouse-brained loner!" She spat to herself, running her tongue over the wound.
(please don't post in the medicine den without permission!)

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old March 28th, 2017, 09:29 PM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Soreness became prevalent, and the last thing she wanted to do was move from her comfortable bed. Even through the whole journey here, she had barely felt a thing, having forced herself to keep moving until she got to the safeness of camp. She let out a low sigh, more annoyed with the bit about leaving her bed than teaching Cricketpaw. "Yes. I think, since showing you the actual herbs requires, may I dare say, moving, we should instead go over the herbs and their uses, then tomorrow we'll start on sorting them," she replied, her voice soft and quiet from exhaustion. Still, she forced herself up and hobbled over to where Cricketpaw lay, deciding to be close enough to her apprentice so that she didn't have to yell, but so that they could both still laying down, recovering their energy. She sank down on the soft moss next to Cricketpaw, unabashedly snuggling close to her apprentice. It was still quite chilly, even in the den, and no one would question the medicine cats for keeping in close contact. Her tail flicked out of the way, and she wrapped it around her frosty toes, hoping to give them back some life. She let out a wide-mouthed yawn of her own, her gape revealing a perfect set of teeth, not marred by the hard life of a warrior. It wasn't to say that her work was no less important, but she would never chip a tooth in battle, and knock it against a rock while hunting. Turning her attention towards Cricketpaw, she smiled lightly. "Alright. The basics, so that you know emergency healing. Burdock root for infection chewed to a pulp. Catmint, for Greencough, fed whole. Tansy for coughs- but not too much," she said softly. As she continued, her words adopted a song-like quality; they lilted up and down gently, and created tone and rhythm, beautiful in the way only and unintentional creation can be.
Turning her head so that her blue gaze was focused on her mentor, Cricketpaw found solace in her tone. Their music-like quality hummed in her own eardrums and reverberated into intelligent, yet soft-spoken words of wisdom. It was quite chilly in the den despite the covering that surrounded them like a bears' den for the winter, and the bengal was quite glad to be snuggled up close to her mentor. It felt familiar in a sense, relating to thefoggy memories of her short-lived time in the RiverClan nursery where she bundled up with her mother and siblings last early leaf-bare. Unlike the recent events which turned most of the prior moments spent with Shellfeather sour, this was kind and gentle on Cricketpaw's soul, and she felt honored once more that Geckoleaf had seen something within her that nudged her to pick Cricketpaw to be RiverClan's next medicine cat. Although her body ached, and the warmth and serenity that encircled her in the mossy nest, she found that her mind was alert and attentive. "How do you know you've given them enough tansy?" she saked curiosity, her voice matching the soft waves of Geckoleaf's. A small flame of curiosity burned within their ocean-like depths as she looked up at the orange she-cat. It was nice to just lie here and learn herbs. A definite change from the survival mode she had been in since leaving her mother. Just sitting in the den, comfortable, secure. Safe.

Last edited by spade; March 28th, 2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old March 28th, 2017, 10:37 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:

Turning her head so that her blue gaze was focused on her mentor, Cricketpaw found solace in her tone. Their music-like quality hummed in her own eardrums and reverberated into intelligent, yet soft-spoken words of wisdom. It was quite chilly in the den despite the covering that surrounded them like a bears' den for the winter, and the Bengal was quite glad to be snuggled up close to her mentor. It felt familiar in a sense, relating to the foggy memories of her short-lived time in the RiverClan nursery where she bundled up with her mother and siblings last early leaf-bare. Unlike the recent events which turned most of the prior moments spent with Shellfeather sour, this was kind and gentle on Cricketpaw's soul, and she felt honored once more that Geckoleaf had seen something within her that nudged her to pick Cricketpaw to be RiverClan's next medicine cat. Although her body ached, and the warmth and serenity that encircled her in the mossy nest, she found that her mind was alert and attentive. "How do you know you've given them enough tansy?" she asked curiosity, her voice matching the soft waves of Geckoleaf's. A small flame of curiosity burned within their ocean-like depths as she looked up at the orange she-cat. It was nice to just lie here and learn herbs. A definite change from the survival mode she had been in since leaving her mother. Just sitting in the den, comfortable, secure. Safe.
Geckoleaf smiled, watching her bengal apprentice with watery blue eyes that were gentle and compassionate; she felt love for this apprentice, much as she imagined a mother would for her kittens. She delicately draped her tail over Cricketpaw's, her movements deliberate and relaxed. She watched the flicker of interest burn in her trainee's eyes, budding and new. She silently beamed, almost irrationally proud of the effort she could see Cricketpaw already putting forth. Despite the comfort and peace that surrounded them, both were surprisingly alert and mindful, observing each other and paying attention to what the other had to say. She gently nuzzled the striped scruff of the younger molly, her nose tickled by the soft hairs, until she withdrew her nose, looking fondly towards Cricketpaw. The question posed was one simply answered, that floated instinctively to the top of her mind, though she needed to phrase it in an easily understandable fashion. "Based on the patient's body size. For an emergency, the standard dose is half a bud. For kits, only a few petals are needed, and then you monitor from them. For larger warriors, add more based on how much bigger they are," the fiery molly replied calmly, her voice still rising and falling softly as she repeated the well-known phrases that so long ago her mentor had told her. Her eyes closed at the memory of Marshsnow's mellow words, teaching her the same principles. She sighed from the nostalgia and opened her eyes again to the dim light of the insulated den, cozy and compact, devoid of any patients currently. The smell of herbs was earthy and hearty and continued to comfort her from the cruel world of ice and snow that lay just beyond the curtain of vines.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old March 28th, 2017, 10:54 PM
chirps

Quote:

Geckoleaf smiled, watching her bengal apprentice with watery blue eyes that were gentle and compassionate; she felt love for this apprentice, much as she imagined a mother would for her kittens. She delicately draped her tail over Cricketpaw's, her movements deliberate and relaxed. She watched the flicker of interest burn in her trainee's eyes, budding and new. She silently beamed, almost irrationally proud of the effort she could see Cricketpaw already putting forth. Despite the comfort and peace that surrounded them, both were surprisingly alert and mindful, observing each other and paying attention to what the other had to say. She gently nuzzled the striped scruff of the younger molly, her nose tickled by the soft hairs, until she withdrew her nose, looking fondly towards Cricketpaw. The question posed was one simply answered, that floated instinctively to the top of her mind, though she needed to phrase it in an easily understandable fashion. "Based on the patient's body size. For an emergency, the standard dose is half a bud. For kits, only a few petals are needed, and then you monitor from them. For larger warriors, add more based on how much bigger they are," the fiery molly replied calmly, her voice still rising and falling softly as she repeated the well-known phrases that so long ago her mentor had told her. Her eyes closed at the memory of Marshsnow's mellow words, teaching her the same principles. She sighed from the nostalgia and opened her eyes again to the dim light of the insulated den, cozy and compact, devoid of any patients currently. The smell of herbs was earthy and hearty and continued to comfort her from the cruel world of ice and snow that lay just beyond the curtain of vines.
"That makes sense," the Bengal murmured and nodded silently to herself, letting her mind wrap around the briefly given facts. Only a few leaves to kits, and older apprentices and young warriors, potentially half a bud. As for the larger warriors of the Clan, perhaps a full bud, or maybe more? She began to recount the words in her head, slowly repeating them in her mind until it became a constant, repetitive jingle. A smile brightened her face and her hunger to know more only grew. "My dad told me that he took some herbs for his journey to the Moonstone. Would tansy be included in those?" she asked innocently, not knowing that she was embarking on a question that contained different herbs altogether. Nonetheless, a light seemed to shine from within the apprentice as she smiled, beginning to appear more and more awake with each answer. She felt as though she could spend moons learning all that Geckoleaf had to teach, and was once again overwhelmed that she had been selected. For a tiny moment, her heart began to race and she had the fleeting thought of what would happen if Geckoleaf were to become ill herself - or leave. A bolt of fear shot through the apprentice and she quickly forced the thought out of her mind. It was simply too much to bear, the dark wave of emotion that threatened to spill over Cricketpaw at the mere though of her new friend being gone so soon.
Old March 28th, 2017, 11:26 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
"That makes sense," the Bengal murmured and nodded silently to herself, letting her mind wrap around the briefly given facts. Only a few leaves to kits, and older apprentices and young warriors, potentially half a bud. As for the larger warriors of the Clan, perhaps a full bud, or maybe more? She began to recount the words in her head, slowly repeating them in her mind until it became a constant, repetitive jingle. A smile brightened her face and her hunger to know more only grew. "My dad told me that he took some herbs for his journey to the Moonstone. Would tansy be included in those?" she asked innocently, not knowing that she was embarking on a question that contained different herbs altogether. Nonetheless, a light seemed to shine from within the apprentice as she smiled, beginning to appear more and more awake with each answer. She felt as though she could spend moons learning all that Geckoleaf had to teach, and was once again overwhelmed that she had been selected. For a tiny moment, her heart began to race and she had the fleeting thought of what would happen if Geckoleaf were to become ill herself - or leave. A bolt of fear shot through the apprentice and she quickly forced the thought out of her mind. It was simply too much to bear, the dark wave of emotion that threatened to spill over Cricketpaw at the mere though of her new friend being gone so soon.
She watched, and instantly understood what Cricketpaw was doing; the look of momentary concentration that swept over her face was a sign that she was repeating the words over and over again, a mantra of memorization and focus. Geckoleaf was confident that she would learn everything she was taught smoothly, albeit with effort, if she simply tried. The innocent question elicited a quiet, non-mocking laugh from Geckoleaf; she loved that Cricketpaw was trying to understand what the herbs could be used for, even if she did not what fully comprehend the many layered uses. "No. Tansy is used for infections; the herbs your father eats are strengthening. I would hope that if he was infected he wouldn't go on a long journey! "she teased gently, smiling widely towards the younger molly. She knew the inquiry was well-meaning, and so she didn't intend to demean her, simply make the lesson a bit more light-hearted. As her blue orbs swept over Cricketpaw, she noticed a sudden tension, a strange near-spasm as her muscles clenched. Her eyebrows raised gently in alarm, and she wrapped her tail tighter around the bengal's side, trying to comfort her from a strange enemy. "Cricket, are you alright?" she cooed gently, her words as soft as mothers but as worried as only a mentor's could be. Her ears perked towards the brown feline in alarm, and she brought her face slightly closer to Cricketpaw's, ready to hear whatever ill affliction had befallen her young companion.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old April 1st, 2017, 01:24 PM
chirps

Quote:

She watched, and instantly understood what Cricketpaw was doing; the look of momentary concentration that swept over her face was a sign that she was repeating the words over and over again, a mantra of memorization and focus. Geckoleaf was confident that she would learn everything she was taught smoothly, albeit with effort, if she simply tried. The innocent question elicited a quiet, non-mocking laugh from Geckoleaf; she loved that Cricketpaw was trying to understand what the herbs could be used for, even if she did not what fully comprehend the many layered uses. "No. Tansy is used for infections; the herbs your father eats are strengthening. I would hope that if he was infected he wouldn't go on a long journey! "she teased gently, smiling widely towards the younger molly. She knew the inquiry was well-meaning, and so she didn't intend to demean her, simply make the lesson a bit more light-hearted. As her blue orbs swept over Cricketpaw, she noticed a sudden tension, a strange near-spasm as her muscles clenched. Her eyebrows raised gently in alarm, and she wrapped her tail tighter around the bengal's side, trying to comfort her from a strange enemy. "Cricket, are you alright?" she cooed gently, her words as soft as mothers but as worried as only a mentor's could be. Her ears perked towards the brown feline in alarm, and she brought her face slightly closer to Cricketpaw's, ready to hear whatever ill affliction had befallen her young companion.
A small gulp sounded from within Cricketpaw's throat and she tried to hide her face, looking down as heat filled her cheeks. She didn't want Geckoleaf to know that she already thought of her as a mother figure. Wouldn't that just be embarrassing? After all, they had just met a few days ago when she had returned, and before then Cricketpaw had barely known her - she didn't remember much of her first kithood days. "I-I'm okay," she managed, raising her head and offering a weak smile towards her mentor. Something about the way the fiery orange she-cat was watching her though, made the bengal's heart ache. Unbeknownst that her mentor already cared a great deal for her, a sigh left her lips. "It's just... I don't wanna seem like a kit or anything, but..." Another pause, this time stretching out just a hare longer than last time. Her blue eyes, a miraculous replica of her father's - along with the rest of her appearance - traveled back down to the den floor, tears prickling at the edges. She didn't want to cry, but thinking about her mother leaving the Clan, and taking Cricketpaw with her, was something the young medicine cat apprentice just wasn't quite over yet. "...Ever since I escaped from Shellfeather-" not saying the word mother felt weird, but Cricketpaw didn't dwell on it, "-and have come back and spent time with you, I know it's been short. A-And I don't want this to be weird. But... I just, I guess I'm hoping that you don't end up leaving too. Because I really like being your apprentice. I know it's only the first day, and I feel like a sobbing kit," a small chuckle interrupted her soliloquy, but she continued as she rose her gaze up to meet Geckoleaf's, "...but I hope you're able to stay and train me and don't get tired of me like she did." Once it was all out, she felt as though a vaccum had sucked all the air from her, and she moved a bit closer, unabashedly smothering her face into the soft chest fur of her mentor. Already the young cat had familiarized herself with Geckoleaf's scent and breathed it in, feeling her heartbeat slow back down.
Old April 11th, 2017, 06:13 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
A small gulp sounded from within Cricketpaw's throat and she tried to hide her face, looking down as heat filled her cheeks. She didn't want Geckoleaf to know that she already thought of her as a mother figure. Wouldn't that just be embarrassing? After all, they had just met a few days ago when she had returned, and before then Cricketpaw had barely known her - she didn't remember much of her first kithood days. "I-I'm okay," she managed, raising her head and offering a weak smile towards her mentor. Something about the way the fiery orange she-cat was watching her though, made the bengal's heart ache. Unbeknownst that her mentor already cared a great deal for her, a sigh left her lips. "It's just... I don't wanna seem like a kit or anything, but..." Another pause, this time stretching out just a hare longer than last time. Her blue eyes, a miraculous replica of her father's - along with the rest of her appearance - traveled back down to the den floor, tears prickling at the edges. She didn't want to cry, but thinking about her mother leaving the Clan, and taking Cricketpaw with her, was something the young medicine cat apprentice just wasn't quite over yet. "...Ever since I escaped from Shellfeather-" not saying the word mother felt weird, but Cricketpaw didn't dwell on it, "-and have come back and spent time with you, I know it's been short. A-And I don't want this to be weird. But... I just, I guess I'm hoping that you don't end up leaving too. Because I really like being your apprentice. I know it's only the first day, and I feel like a sobbing kit," a small chuckle interrupted her soliloquy, but she continued as she rose her gaze up to meet Geckoleaf's, "...but I hope you're able to stay and train me and don't get tired of me like she did." Once it was all out, she felt as though a vacuum had sucked all the air from her, and she moved a bit closer, unabashedly smothering her face into the soft chest fur of her mentor. Already the young cat had familiarized herself with Geckoleaf's scent and breathed it in, feeling her heartbeat slow backdown.
The surprisingly keen ears of Geckoleaf caught the sound of the swallow, and her mouth opened slightly in surprise; she was not mad or angry that the apprentice appeared to be having issues, but she simply felt concerned for her young compatriot. The thin smile she extended at first vanished just as quickly, and the molly saw straight through it anyway; it was the same one that she had often offered concerned friends when they asked about how she was doing. It had been for the longest time she had been without a sincere support group; she had no living family, and her friends were distant at best. The quiet words that Cricketpaw murmured seemed genuine and close to her heart; the deep orange tabby listened to her with all the attention she could muster in her weary state, ears pricked and eyes wide with concern. As soon as she heard that Cricketpaw had also been abandoned by her mother, she let out a quiet gasp, her face twisting into a look of understanding and worry; no pity, for how could she pity someone so like herself? She felt the tiniest bit of gratification when the bengal said she relished her time as an apprentice so far, but it was quickly drowned out by another wave of fierce love and caring for the apprentice she had only barely met. She leaned down and nuzzled the soft fur of Cricketpaw's neck as she pressed her face against Geckoleaf's white streaked chest, her nose putting a gentle pressure against the folds of skin. She withdrew quickly, feeling a need to speak; even so, her tail wrapped around the apprentice's side, pulling her closer. "Oh, Cricketpaw, darling, don't ever think I could get tired of you,"Geckoleaf whispered softly, beginning to stroke the brown feline's abdomen with her tail, holding her as if she were her own daughter. "You're not like a kit; you're already brave, brave enough to take the position of medicine cat. I don't want you to feel lonely or depressed because you think you'll not be good enough for me to keep you as my apprentice," she cooed quietly, resting her chin lightly on the top of the bengal's head. "If you need to be, I can be like a mother to you. If you need to sleep with me at night, that's alright. I know what it's like to be alone in life, and I don't want that for you. I want you to be happy, and I'm here for you, love," she finished, understanding deeply the desire for a mother figure. She had longed for that when she was young, and she recalled the way Marshsnow would love and fondle her to sleep, a well of comfort and love that she had never dreamed of before. Moving her head again, she began to tenderly groom the fur of Cricketpaw's scruff, parting it down flat in a repetetive motion, attemtping to be motherly in a way she had not much before.

(they are too cute!!)

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old April 16th, 2017, 11:59 PM
chirps

Quote:

The surprisingly keen ears of Geckoleaf caught the sound of the swallow, and her mouth opened slightly in surprise; she was not mad or angry that the apprentice appeared to be having issues, but she simply felt concerned for her young compatriot. The thin smile she extended at first vanished just as quickly, and the molly saw straight through it anyway; it was the same one that she had often offered concerned friends when they asked about how she was doing. It had been for the longest time she had been without a sincere support group; she had no living family, and her friends were distant at best. The quiet words that Cricketpaw murmured seemed genuine and close to her heart; the deep orange tabby listened to her with all the attention she could muster in her weary state, ears pricked and eyes wide with concern. As soon as she heard that Cricketpaw had also been abandoned by her mother, she let out a quiet gasp, her face twisting into a look of understanding and worry; no pity, for how could she pity someone so like herself? She felt the tiniest bit of gratification when the bengal said she relished her time as an apprentice so far, but it was quickly drowned out by another wave of fierce love and caring for the apprentice she had only barely met. She leaned down and nuzzled the soft fur of Cricketpaw's neck as she pressed her face against Geckoleaf's white streaked chest, her nose putting a gentle pressure against the folds of skin. She withdrew quickly, feeling a need to speak; even so, her tail wrapped around the apprentice's side, pulling her closer. "Oh, Cricketpaw, darling, don't ever think I could get tired of you,"Geckoleaf whispered softly, beginning to stroke the brown feline's abdomen with her tail, holding her as if she were her own daughter. "You're not like a kit; you're already brave, brave enough to take the position of medicine cat. I don't want you to feel lonely or depressed because you think you'll not be good enough for me to keep you as my apprentice," she cooed quietly, resting her chin lightly on the top of the bengal's head. "If you need to be, I can be like a mother to you. If you need to sleep with me at night, that's alright. I know what it's like to be alone in life, and I don't want that for you. I want you to be happy, and I'm here for you, love," she finished, understanding deeply the desire for a mother figure. She had longed for that when she was young, and she recalled the way Marshsnow would love and fondle her to sleep, a well of comfort and love that she had never dreamed of before. Moving her head again, she began to tenderly groom the fur of Cricketpaw's scruff, parting it down flat in a repetetive motion, attemtping to be motherly in a way she had not much before.

(they are too cute!!)
(( -cries- they made me so happy c: i sorry it's so short queeny :'c ))

As she received the acceptance that laced each word Geckoleaf spoke, suddenly for the first time since reuniting with her father, Cricketpaw felt right at home. Every part of her journey had been worth it to feel like she belonged somewhere again. Because out there, in the wilderness away from the structure of RiverClan and the loving embrace of Russetswirl - now Russetstar - and the companionship of her siblings? It had been all but too much to bear, and she feared if her time there had been a moon longer, she might not have made it. Her whole life, she had lived with the assumption that she was damaged goods, that her mother had simply abandoned her because she wasn't good enough, or smart enough, to keep around. But now, sitting her with a new motherly relationship blossoming before her, she suddenly felt wanted again. Like this time in RiverClan she would get to stay and follow the true path she was meant for. "I-I'm really glad for that," she murmured in response, a smile stretching across her face. As she felt the steady rasp of her mentor's tongue on her scruff, she closed her eyes, frightfully close to falling asleep. "I promise I will do my best to make you proud," she continued, opening her blue eyes once more with a new fire of determination burned deeply within them. She had a sudden urge to learn everything she could right then and there. "So what herbs are included in traveling bundles?" she asked, curious to learn as much as she could as quickly as she could; Cricketpaw wanted nothing more than to dive head first into this world.

Last edited by spade; April 16th, 2017 at 11:59 PM.