Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 11:32 PM
✩Dreamspirit Finder✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 10:37 PM
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by chickadee
Today 10:13 PM
We Do A Bit of Spooking
by Dust
Last post by chickadee
Today 10:11 PM

Old September 27th, 2017, 03:56 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki View Post
@Lonestar23

An icy zephyr ruffled the long, thick pelt of the tortoiseshell-and-white Maine Coon as their pale, green-grey eyes scanned across the active clearing. With a slight movement of their cranium, their nose was tilted upwards, and they inhaled the chilly midday air deep into their lungs. Apricitypaw's rough pink tongue swiped across their maw and lightly coloured nose as they tasted the air carefully. The sky above them was grey and filled with clouds, though they didn't seem quite ominous. They could tell that there most likely wouldn't be any rain- it was just an ugly day. Bummer, They thought to themself, looking around the camp. There were much more cats in the clearing than there normally was, due to the RiverClanners. Apricitypaw didn't give much thought to the other cats, and they didn't know much about them either. As far as Apricity was concerned, their leader was apparently generous enough to allow them to stay for a bit- at least until ShadowClan's camp dried up. The RiverClan camp wasn't all bad, though Apricitypaw couldn't say they were a huge fan of the smell.
Seeing as how fish was not exactly a part of the average ShadowClanner's diet, Apricitypaw hadn't been aware of just how strong the scent could be. They were certainly aware that the flavour was stronger than that of, say, a bird, but they hadn't been aware that the smell would be stronger too. It was the sort of scent that seemed almost heavy in the air, similar to humidity but worse. The smell filled every corner of the clearing- there was no escaping it. It was if a dark cloud surrounded RiverClan. A dark, smelly, constant cloud that hung over the heads of all the residents of RiverClan- both formal and visitors. Apricity hadn't even ever tried fish, although the scent was so strong they could practically taste the scent. They'd been trying their best to ignore it, though it was near impossible to do.
Another cat entered the clearing in a blur of fur - those who would have looked up to see her come in would have seen a mix of white, black, and ginger fur fluffed up and in the mix of that fur, two gorgeous green eyes gleaming like emeralds. This cat was Cherrypaw, a young apprentice of ShadowClan.

And she wasn't in a hurry for any reason in particular - it was mainly just that she was excited at the moment. And so she continued onwards, a blur of energy - a blur of excitement - and a blur of happiness. As she bounced through RiverClan's clearing (not the greatest idea) Cherrypaw bumped into another cat. Also not a good idea - but instead of apologizing instantly, it took the she cat a minute to realize what she had hit was not a furry wall, as she had almost automatically assumed, but it was instead another cat. And no - there was nothing wrong with her vision, she just hadn't been paying attention and was lost in her own imagination.

She was more bouncy then she liked to be sometimes, but hey, it was a part of who she was! Those who didn't like it could... well... just forget her changing herself, because she wasn't going to do that for anyone. No way - no how. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" A jumble of words left her maw in a blurred mew, and she spoke so quickly that it was almost impossible to tell what she was saying. You could tell by her expression that she was sorry, even though she was talking too quickly for the words to be processed appropriately. "I'm Cherrypaw, by the way. Who are you?" Whoever it was, they didn't have a RiverClan scent. Or at least, not as much of one.

After staying with RiverClan for a while it was to be expected that you would smell at least a little bit like a RiverClanner. Even Cherrypaw did, despite her determination not to become like the fish-eating cats. It wasn't like she had anything against them. But she liked the scent of ShadowClan, and now... now it was fading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

That's him. it was quite clear as the Tom walked in, simply the way he carried himself. Almost with a dreamy expression while his thoughts ran away with his mind. Dog blood shuffled when he noticed he wouldn't have to approach the tom on his own. He blinked simply as he came near and licked a paw drawing it over his ear gently. He judgemental eyes scanned the Tom in front of him for a moment, his orange optics narrowing dangerously. His voice was deep and smooth, almost melodic as he spoke. "Overcast, and still you consider it nice?" he questioned. Tilting his head the slightest bit. He looked quizzical but it was all fake, if he were to take the tom down he was going to need to know how he handled criticism. With a lash of his tail the Tom put on a fake smile and he dipped his head "Hunting conditions are nice during an overcast" he commented "and seeing that shrew you've brought it could be considered a good morning" he added a moment later, his smile fading into a deadpan. If he wasn't careful he could give away his intentions, but perhaps ordoign on about mollys would prove helpful. Perhaps he would bring something up about the grey blue feline shiverlight. Thoguh he could appreciate a Tom with bubbly attitude, it only makes it easier for me to hurt them from the inside. The Tom licked his paw again and ran it over his opposite ear.
"It's just my opinion. You don't have to agree." Charmpelt shrugged. Now, keep in mind the distinct difference of tone that he had used - with Shiverlight, it was generally a more flirtatious and perky one, even when she was rude to him. But with Dogblood? It had been a little darker and less happy-sounding. He wasn't exactly number one when it came to making toms feel at home. The reason? Well, of course Charmpelt couldn't flirt with a tom! But he could flirt with a she cat, however it was up to them how they chose to respond to that flirting. Most didn't really seem to... well... appreciate it, really. More or less it was the more naive little felines who decided they were going to respond to Charmpelt's flirting in a more, ah, enjoyable manner. For Charmpelt, those were the cats to target. Those cats who were foolish and funny and acted as though they knew the ways of the world. Ha, they had no idea about the ways of the world! They were in their own little world and Charmpelt had them all to himself. But Shiverlight - she was different. He had told her things that he wouldn't, not just in flirting, and it bothered him that that had happened. He didn't want to tell her those things. She didn't need to know anything about his life, all she was have supposed to know about him was that he was flirting with her and she should be graced by his presence. That wasn't what had happened. It was almost a - a mutual liking. And Charmpelt didn't like that feeling. "Yeah - yeah, it's a pretty good shrew." Not the best, but pretty good. He was a little uncomfortable around the tom, watching the massive feline, since he knew that a bigger cat would easily be able to hurt him. This wasn't some random ShadowClanner - this was, for one thing, his own clanmate and for another, he was much bigger then him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddykins View Post
"It's nothing," the calico replied, somewhat oddly quick. She hoped she didn't seem suspicious by brushing off her foolish mumbling, though Redpaw really didn't want Gannetpaw to hear what her mind had just told her. "Well, I guess the only thing ridiculous here is you! Your fur is sticking up every which way, silly thing." Redpaw leaned forward and lapped at his ear in a friendly gesture, lapping at a smudge of dirt.
"Say," Redpaw began slowly, her tail flicking as it curled around her haunches, "would it be breaking the code if we were to grab something small? I'll share it with you, but I'm starved." She ran her pink tongue around her lips, still faintly tasting the fish the apprentice had held between her jaws earlier. Her amber eyes trailed to the fresh-kill pile, taking note of the catches she and Gannetpaw had made. It consisted of just a bit more, too; a particularly plump carp that went untouched (as the Clans felt too humble to take such a big meal), a ragged, scrawny water vole that could've been mistaken for another one of Gannetpaw's catches, and a frog, its skin caked in slime. It made Redpaw's stomach lurch only staring at it, as it wasn't a traditional RiverClan meal. Of course, with ShadowClan being known as the "scavenger Clan" (to her, at least), it made sense there was a frog on the pile. She'd seen them around, but rarely were they ever caught and placed on the kill pile.
Forcing herself to glance away, Redpaw turned back to Gannetpaw. "So? Wanna share something with me?" She blinked kindly, stretching out her forelegs as she prepared herself to hoist onto her paws. "I'll even go drop off the carp at the elder's den for them to share if you're worried, Gannetstar. I think we deserve something after such a successful hunt!" Her eyes glistened, hopeful that her Clanmate would spend any additional time with her. Gannetpaw was beginning to warm up to Redpaw; she had begun to enjoy his company. But, it also formed a friendly rivalry to her - with all the constant sarcasm and sassy remarks, it made her heart ache to spar with him in a mock battle. Redpaw hadn't learned much, as Honeypool was yet to get into depth with battle techniques, though it didn't make her eager nonetheless.
"Hey!" The feline protested, his tail twitching back and forth as Redpaw leaned fowards and began cleaning his ear. She was acting like a fussy Queen - right now. The tom shook his head as she backed away, his short fur becoming a little more fluffy-looking and looking quite funny, really. That was one thing Gannetpaw hated... the fact that his pelt would fluff out like that. There were no words to describe how incredibly annoying that was! He had to think upon her next words, however, and stared at the fresh kill pile. Honestly... who knew how long it would be before they got a chance to eat again? Elders and kits needed to be fed first, but the large carp was big enough to feed probably half the kits in the nursery at the moment... he hoped so, anyways... or maybe all of the elders.

There weren't that many elders, were there? There never were. Elders generally didn't stay in the den for very long, and while it might have been a darker thought, it was true. There were even times when there were no elders in the den at all. He thought for a moment longer before a smile broke out over his maw. "Alright... I guess it would be okay, but we should really make sure there's enough for the kits and elders first..." The tom's voice trailed off as he glanced over the fresh kill pile. The two shrews he had caught, plus the fish that Redpaw had, and the vole and the other creatures on the pile, should be enough for at least the kits and elders. Right? And if it wasn't, then Gannetpaw would go out himself and hunt until every little kit's hunger was satisfied. Until every elder was no longer hungry. But, before that, he supposed it would be okay. Her offer of dropping the carp off at the elder's den only sealed the deal more for him, and eventually he gave a firm nod of his head. Yes, that would be fine.

"So, what'll it be? Your choice," The tom mewed with a friendly smile in her direction. Now it was clear he was really warming up to her. Being more friendly meant that he trusted her more - and Redpaw was pretty easy to trust. She had that sort of friendly warmth about her that just made Gannetpaw feel good. But she was playful enough to make him feel casual, and those two things together were an excellent mix. The type of mix that made Gannetpaw feel ready to call her a new friend. A new friend. Perhaps, but it was going to take some time before he would truly be willing to say that aloud. Or maybe if she said it first - he could just agree. In his mind, though, Gannetpaw was already seeing Redpaw as his own new friend.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old September 27th, 2017, 05:29 PM

My Mood: Kingly

|| Cats ||
@Mad King 's Peachfuzz
@LelliNicole.zob 's Cricketkit
@Aura 's Harekit
@Random Melody 's Stormkit

~*~

Echoskip let out a tired yawn from where she sat just outside the nursery, her jaws stretching out slightly allowing her teeth to gleam in the yellow sunlight. Beside her were her kits, born and raised in RiverClan despite the fact that they were ShadowClan kittens, thanks to the storm that drove ShadowClan out of their home. Perhaps it wasn't a bad thing, however. It may have been StarClan's way of bringing RiverClan and ShadowClan together as allies, rather than allowing them to fight like WindClan and ThunderClan. An amused smirk tugged at the edge of Echoskip's mouth as she reflected on the kit-like behavior of the two leaders, constantly bickering with one another about one thing or another. Her yellow eyes flicked to the entrance of the camp, wondering when Peachfuzz would be back.
Old September 27th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Open to RP Whenever

My Mood: In Love

Stonegaze stretched her muscular body and yawned. The shecat looked around and remembered that she was in RiverClan. She could hardly wait to get back to her own territory. Cats liked to say she was heartless, but that wasn't true, she just lacked a soft heart. Only certain cats got to see her "mango side" as she called it. "What to do now Stonegaze?" She asked herself. @Sinarian

Last edited by SacredMadness; September 27th, 2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old September 27th, 2017, 08:23 PM
have hope for sinarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarwings View Post
Stonegaze stretched her muscular body and yawned. The shecat looked around and remembered that she was in RiverClan. She could hardly wait to get back to her own territory. Cats liked to say she was heartless, but that wasn't true, she just lacked a soft heart. Only certain cats got to see her "mango side" as she called it. "What to do now Stonegaze?" She asked herself. @Sinarian
firesea walked over to stonegaze "hey stonegaze how are you today" he asked sitting down
(writers block)
Old September 27th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Open to RP Whenever

My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinarian View Post
firesea walked over to stonegaze "hey stonegaze how are you today" he asked sitting down
(writers block)
Stonegaze looked at Firesea, "Oh hey, Firesea,I'm good, just really bored. You?" The orange white shecat stood up and searched the clearing for something to do.
Old September 27th, 2017, 09:38 PM

My Mood: Lurking

( eep, sorry this got so delayed and here’s to hoping i’m doing this right ) @Charmer

Cherrypetal yawned as she emerged from the warriors’ den, looking behind her to stare at it with displeasure in her gaze, ”If only it wasn’t so crowded these days.” Despite her adventurous nature and thrill-seeking attitude, having ShadowClan cats stay with them wasn’t in her definition of a good time. She hoped they would be moving back to their own territory soon, and then they could leave RiverClan in peace - they deserved rest in a den that wasn’t overflowing with warriors that weren’t their own. She wasn’t stubborn enough not to admit they weren’t all bad. Some of the ShadowClan cats seemed okay, albeit shifty. Cherrypetal wasn’t about to trust them not to sneak some poison into her fresh-kill if they were given the chance, considering their disdain for RiverClan. In some ways, she pitied them because they were going through tough times: first, their territory betrayed them, and then they lost their leader due to stress. She was glad it wasn’t RiverClan.

In fact, RiverClan seemed to be doing alright compared to the others. She hadn’t been to a gathering in a while in an attempt to avoid the dreaded Seastones (and therefore the ocean, which was the source of her fear), but her curiosity was beginning to get the better of her with the little she’d seen of ShadowClan’s struggles. Perhaps she would have to go next moon, but sit near the back to avoid the tides that made her stomach churn with unease.
Old September 27th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry View Post

( eep, sorry this got so delayed and here’s to hoping i’m doing this right ) @Charmer

Cherrypetal yawned as she emerged from the warriors’ den, looking behind her to stare at it with displeasure in her gaze, ”If only it wasn’t so crowded these days.” Despite her adventurous nature and thrill-seeking attitude, having ShadowClan cats stay with them wasn’t in her definition of a good time. She hoped they would be moving back to their own territory soon, and then they could leave RiverClan in peace - they deserved rest in a den that wasn’t overflowing with warriors that weren’t their own. She wasn’t stubborn enough not to admit they weren’t all bad. Some of the ShadowClan cats seemed okay, albeit shifty. Cherrypetal wasn’t about to trust them not to sneak some poison into her fresh-kill if they were given the chance, considering their disdain for RiverClan. In some ways, she pitied them because they were going through tough times: first, their territory betrayed them, and then they lost their leader due to stress. She was glad it wasn’t RiverClan.

In fact, RiverClan seemed to be doing alright compared to the others. She hadn’t been to a gathering in a while in an attempt to avoid the dreaded Seastones (and therefore the ocean, which was the source of her fear), but her curiosity was beginning to get the better of her with the little she’d seen of ShadowClan’s struggles. Perhaps she would have to go next moon, but sit near the back to avoid the tides that made her stomach churn with unease.
(Looks good so far )
Perchkit poked his head out of the nursery, his whiskers twitching as he surveyed the clearing. Everything still seemed far too big for him, but his time playing with his siblings and other kits had helped him build courage. A flicker of sunlight through the above trees captivated his interest and he crouched, waited, then pounced on the sunbeam. The leaves in the trees kept the light moving and he saw another beam of light, then another. He know that he wasn't going to catch anything solid, but it was fun to try.

Old September 28th, 2017, 05:43 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melody View Post
Squirrelkit's fur fluffed up in obvious annoyance, and she braced herself when Fiercekit launched at her, having expected it this time. She kicked at him, biting at his ears and muzzle and trying to kick him off. "You stupid, insensitive, fat, fish-eating, jerk-faced IDIOT!" She had never been so mad at her brother, and she wasn't even sure why she was mad. She just was. She leaped to her paws when he jumped off, and for the first time, she didn't seem to care that her fur was dirty and dusty. She simply gave it a firm shake before glaring at her brother. When he spoke - Saying he wished he didn't deserve her as a sister... What did that mean? He didn't want to be her brother.

"Ugh! Well you know what, that's just fine! Because I wish I didn't deserve you as a brother!" Her deep blue eyes glowed with fury, and her lips curled back in a snarl as she backed up a few paces. But other than anger, her eyes shone with another emotion - Pain, sadness. Nobody could really describe it, but it was there. "You're just an insensitive jerk who only cares about yourself. And you think - You think, what? You're all high and mighty? Oh, the great Fiercekit! Best warrior in RiverClan!" She mocked, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Yeah, right! Warriors don't go around attacking she-cats. Much less their sister. I bet if you ask Mom - Foxthorn never attacked her. And they certainly never fought like this!"

She paused to listen to his words, hardly batting an eye when he called her hideous, even though it brought a great amount of pain and insecurity into her expression. Fiercekit was her brother. What mattered most of all to her was what he thought. Was that what he thought? "Brothers are supposed to love their sisters. And protect them. And be there for them. So where are you, Fiercekit? Certainly not here for me. All you do is insult me. And you know something? I don't know why I bother spending time with you. I keep thinking - Oh, maybe I can get his attention! Maybe we'll grow up to be as close as Mom and Foxthorn were! Maybe we'll be partners in crime! Maybe my brother will actually start liking me for once. But no! You're just annoying, and rude, and competitive, and freaking selfish!" Squirrelkit's teeth gritted together, blinking back furious tears. She whirled around, but didn't storm off, mostly just turning away so he wouldn't see the sadness behind her expression. "Well you know what, Fiercey? I hate you."
It was all fun and games to Fiercekit. Their entire relationship was built on sibling competition. From throwing ridiculous insults at each other, to play fighting - rather roughly with one another. So, when he did attack Squirrelkit, he didn’t pay any heed to her insults. She kept throwing them, and it made the tom kit purr. ‘’Hey! Keep your teeth and claws to yourself!’’ It hurt. His face felt swollen for a moment, and he twitched his nose, hoping that his sister didn’t leave any marks on him. He did detect her anger. It emitted off her like a pot boiling water, watching as the smokey steam found its way into the air. Certainly, she had been over-exaggerating. This was how they played! Another point he knew she was mad was the fact she didn’t clean her fur like she normally did. She didn’t belittle him in that moment either. So, she was definitely raging.

‘’Well, sorry, but you’re stuck with me, sister dearest!’’ He aimed to bat at her with a paw, a wide grin on his maw. She wasn’t smiling. She wasn’t playing. It didn’t occur to her brother that this wasn’t a game any longer. He pranced around her like the annoying brother he was. Getting under his sister’s pelt had to be the other fun thing he loved to do. That, and the fact that he could make her anger go from zero to a hundred in mere moments. His playful sheet had dissipated quickly when he observed the tone of his sister’s voice. And, the insults that rolled off her tongue. She was...mocking him? Fiercekit flicked his ears, wondering why his sister had been so angry - weren’t this how they rolled? This happened mainly everyday. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Now...if they didn’t fight, that would be considered alienated. ’’I...um…’’ The tom kit was lost for words, drifting his gaze down at his paws to avoid the inferno pit that was his sister’s eyes. He certainly didn’t want to play this game any longer. He may have been a very playful tom - but he was very sensitive. Easily knocked down, which only fueled him more. But, he didn’t want to fight his sister. ‘’I don’t understand.’’ He muttered, inaudible. They always fought! Why did it have to be so different now?

Taking a step back from the rotten feline, Fiercekit held his ground, firmly. He was far from being feared of his sister. Though he rolled his eyes because she was certainly - overreacting. Even at her little speech, he couldn’t believe his ears! Was that really how she thought of him? Wasn’t it obvious that he had been playing with her? Or...maybe, just maybe she was trying to play the victim here. He would desperately apologize to make her feel better again! This was what he planned to do - anything to stop her from tormenting him with her hissy fit. ‘’I was kidding, Squirrely! Goodness! You know I would lay my life - ‘’ Pause. The young molly had interrupted him by spilling the vain words in siblings’ dictionary. She uttered; I hate you. The tom kit stood there for a moment, catching a feeling of unbalanced like he had been bumped into. She couldn’t be serious - could she? Did she really hate him? Fiercekit felt his ears pinning, and the words that came out his mouth from earlier, left him as quickly as they came. The tom stared his sister down before deciding to stomp away in a blinded rage. Hopefully, he would be able to run into their mother and tell her everything that happened. Siblings weren’t supposed to hate each other. The words were rarely brought to, but when they were addressed towards him, he believed they were genuine. His own sister had hated him.
Old September 28th, 2017, 06:55 AM
a lonely nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBunny View Post
Tigerpaw watched Mulberrykit get into her crouch, she was proud that Mulberry had found her own mistake in her crouch and corrected it herself before Tigerpaw could say anything. She gave the kit a light smile but ould tell she was starting to lose confidence, she laid her tail on the younger she cats shoulder. "You'll do fine, you're already getting the hang of it. You just have to.practice. It took me days to get my Hunters crouch right." She purred.

Tigerpaw went back into a more tense state, like she was stalking.prey. She eyed a rock a few tail lengths away, "Okay, we will pretend that that rock is a mouse and we are.stalking it." She whispered. Her pupils were wide with concentration but she looked back every few moments at Mulberrykit to make sure she was following and if she needed any help. As the two cats got closer to the rock Tigerpaw stopped to give Mulberrykit more tips, "When hunting anything, make sure you're always downwind of it. That means the wind is blowing towards you, so.the prey can't scent.you. Do you want.me to show.you how to.pounce? Or would you like to keep practicing?"
Mulberrykit took a deep breath. Okay... here we go. And she was off. She kept her eyes on the rock at all times, not even glancing at Tigerpaw for support or assurance. She was determined to do this on her own, no matter how badly she needed help. It was a bit stupid of her to try such a thing, but being a stubborn, outspoken kit, she had no boundaries between genius and stupidity. Just one paw in front of the other... and keep them quiet! Silent steps, so the mouse doesn't know you're there! And this time she did much better. Her steps weren't perfectly silent, not like the apprentice's, but they were steadily improving. A small grin began to appear on her face. She was crouching! Actually stalking a rock-mouse! Who knew I'd get extensive training from Tigerpaw? This is amazing!

Once they were close to the pretend mouse, the apprentice stopped, so so did Mulberrykit. Why'd we stop? She wondered, confused as to their sudden halt. Just as she was about to ask, it hit her. I don't know how to catch it. The realization nearly made her facepalm. Of course! I don't know how to pounce yet. Mouse-dung! So when Tigerpaw asked if she wanted to learn how to pounce, the kit eagerly nodded. She'd figured out appropriate responses other than kit-like squealing or complaining, and she was proud of herself. I'm so ready to be an apprentice! But she held the majority of her excitement inside, her glowing eyes and sly smile the only evidence of her true feelings. "Yes, I'd love to learn to pounce!"

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:06 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

It was all fun and games to Fiercekit. Their entire relationship was built on sibling competition. From throwing ridiculous insults at each other, to play fighting - rather roughly with one another. So, when he did attack Squirrelkit, he didn’t pay any heed to her insults. She kept throwing them, and it made the tom kit purr. ‘’Hey! Keep your teeth and claws to yourself!’’ It hurt. His face felt swollen for a moment, and he twitched his nose, hoping that his sister didn’t leave any marks on him. He did detect her anger. It emitted off her like a pot boiling water, watching as the smokey steam found its way into the air. Certainly, she had been over-exaggerating. This was how they played! Another point he knew she was mad was the fact she didn’t clean her fur like she normally did. She didn’t belittle him in that moment either. So, she was definitely raging.

‘’Well, sorry, but you’re stuck with me, sister dearest!’’ He aimed to bat at her with a paw, a wide grin on his maw. She wasn’t smiling. She wasn’t playing. It didn’t occur to her brother that this wasn’t a game any longer. He pranced around her like the annoying brother he was. Getting under his sister’s pelt had to be the other fun thing he loved to do. That, and the fact that he could make her anger go from zero to a hundred in mere moments. His playful sheet had dissipated quickly when he observed the tone of his sister’s voice. And, the insults that rolled off her tongue. She was...mocking him? Fiercekit flicked his ears, wondering why his sister had been so angry - weren’t this how they rolled? This happened mainly everyday. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Now...if they didn’t fight, that would be considered alienated. ’’I...um…’’ The tom kit was lost for words, drifting his gaze down at his paws to avoid the inferno pit that was his sister’s eyes. He certainly didn’t want to play this game any longer. He may have been a very playful tom - but he was very sensitive. Easily knocked down, which only fueled him more. But, he didn’t want to fight his sister. ‘’I don’t understand.’’ He muttered, inaudible. They always fought! Why did it have to be so different now?

Taking a step back from the rotten feline, Fiercekit held his ground, firmly. He was far from being feared of his sister. Though he rolled his eyes because she was certainly - overreacting. Even at her little speech, he couldn’t believe his ears! Was that really how she thought of him? Wasn’t it obvious that he had been playing with her? Or...maybe, just maybe she was trying to play the victim here. He would desperately apologize to make her feel better again! This was what he planned to do - anything to stop her from tormenting him with her hissy fit. ‘’I was kidding, Squirrely! Goodness! You know I would lay my life - ‘’ Pause. The young molly had interrupted him by spilling the vain words in siblings’ dictionary. She uttered; I hate you. The tom kit stood there for a moment, catching a feeling of unbalanced like he had been bumped into. She couldn’t be serious - could she? Did she really hate him? Fiercekit felt his ears pinning, and the words that came out his mouth from earlier, left him as quickly as they came. The tom stared his sister down before deciding to stomp away in a blinded rage. Hopefully, he would be able to run into their mother and tell her everything that happened. Siblings weren’t supposed to hate each other. The words were rarely brought to, but when they were addressed towards him, he believed they were genuine. His own sister had hated him.
Squirrelkit huffed, her ears pinning back against her head, trying to block out his words. I don't understand. She she-kit mimicked him in her head, though she did feel a pang of guilt. Perhaps that was a bit harsh. But she was sick of fighting with him! Seeing how close Splashheart was to Foxthorn whenever their mother brought the kits to the border made her think. She wanted to be close to someone like that. But she didn't have any friends - Not real friends anyway. Just flirt buddies to annoy her father with. She wanted someone to trust like Splashheart trusted Foxthorn. She wanted..

Somebody to die for.

Squirrelkit shut her eyes, realizing Fiercekit had stopped speaking. Her paws kneaded the ground as she waited his response, but - Nothing. She felt him blow past her, and her eyes snapped open at once. "F-" She cut herself off, her eyes flickering over toward the nursery, where Fiercekit was headed. Was he going to curl up in the nest and sulk? Or was he - No, he's gonna go tell Mom! In a moment of anger, Squirrelkit launched herself after him at once, reaching his side. "You're such a crybaby." She hissed at him, matching him stride for stride. "Gonna go pout now? Gonna go cry to mommy?" She glanced ahead to the nursery, though, feeling a swirl of panic deep inside her. Would she be punished? Such words had never been spoken between the two, and she wasn't sure how her mother - Or her father - Would react.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust