Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Foxine
Today 07:37 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by hades.
Today 07:23 PM
We Do A Bit of Spooking
by Dust
Last post by Dust
Today 07:22 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by Starphobia
Today 06:57 PM

Old February 25th, 2023, 03:13 PM

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Tanger’s forest |Open to all|

@mooncake
“The environment has flowers everywhere and 2 trees are near it as the other trees are smaller and where its placed is near my den and its after the fork as we keep going straight there will be 4 ways we can go east, west, north and south lets me say that east is the way we go since the north and west ways are the more dangerous ways to get to the exits and trust me last time I went to the west exit I found 8 fox dens.” Tanger ran a little slower keeping that speed knowing that the fork was coming up
Old February 25th, 2023, 09:22 PM

Status: Maybe my existence is just one big unskippable liberty mutual ad.
My Mood: Chatty

Midnight + Tanger
( @Speckear )
Midnight frowned. Too vague... She was pretty sure that they had pretty much outrun the fox by now, but didn't slow down at all. Better to be safe than sorry, right? She followed Tanger closely, admitting to herself that she needed a navigator in this instance. Her initial impression of Tanger had already begun to fade as she warmed up to she-cat. The truh was, Midnight didn't want to actively dislike anyone.

It's just what her upbringing had taught her. You always have to be on your guard. You always have to expect the worst. You can't relax, even for a moment. But that was why Midnight had fled her place of birth. To get away from all those stifling rules. With her newfound independence, she decided she'd give Tanger a chance.

Midnight was so glad she had the freedom to be fickle. Back in the city, once she made up her mind about a cat, that opinion never budged. It would be surreal to see all those cats again... I wonder of I'll be able to look on everything objectively now, since I'll really only be observing the environment, rather than being an active part of it, she thought with pleasure. "Hey, I forgot to ask," she called to the strange she-cat, her voice taking on a gentler tone. "What's your name?"

Last edited by mooncake; February 25th, 2023 at 09:25 PM.
Old February 25th, 2023, 10:31 PM

@mooncake
“My n-name is Tanger” Tanger didn’t want to ask Midnight her name out of shyness and kept walking

Last edited by Speckear; February 25th, 2023 at 10:31 PM.
Old February 25th, 2023, 10:39 PM

Midnight + Tanger
( @Speckear )
Midnight nodded. Tanger... She had no idea what that name was supposed to mean, but she thought it had a nice ring to it. Jeez, isn't she gonna ask me for my name? How rude, Midnight thought, debating whether she should volunteer the information up herself or wait to be asked. "Tanger..." she repeated, getting used to the way the name felt coming from her mouth. "What does it mean?" she asked, her curiosity aroused.

On a different note, where is that fork? Was I not paying attention? Jeez Midnight, get it together. This is not the time for socializing. Midnight thought to herself, although she was wondering deepdown if, because she was outside of the city now, she'd be able to finally make a friend who'd she'd be able to maintain a healthy relationship with. The scent of fox was beginning to get more and more distant, putting Midnight's soul at ease.

Last edited by mooncake; February 26th, 2023 at 05:12 PM.
Old February 26th, 2023, 08:10 PM

@mooncake
“I-It means orange a-also s-sorry I didn’t a-ask this b-before b-but w-what’s y-your n-name”? Tanger kept running but at a normal pace to them but felt happy to get to know the she-cat yet was still a little shy about it

Last edited by Speckear; February 26th, 2023 at 08:10 PM.
Old February 26th, 2023, 08:25 PM

Midnight + Tanger
( @Speckear )
Midnight came to an abrupt stop, sensing that they were far enough away from the fox now. She ignored Tanger's question. After all, it was none of her business. "Hey, are we close to that safe place you mentioned? Like in walking distance?" She asked, trying to detect the direction the city was in. It had been so long since she'd last been there... She wasn't oriented towards it like she used to be.

She wasn't completely sure of her current position in relation to the city, but estimated it was about a night's trek away. She could do that. Not a problem. As long as she reached her destination by daybreak. It might prove difficult to make the journey if predators like foxes are a common occurrence around here though... I sure hope they aren't. Midnight had slowed to a walk by now. She wasn't necessarily tired from running, just hoping to preserve enough energy to make it accross the forrested terriitory.

"Midnight," she finally said, in response to Tanger's question. Still have no idea what the name Tanger means... "My name's Midnight. I currently have no official residence, just sort of wander from place to place." she said, figuring there was no need to keep her identity a secret. Her original stubbornness was rather childish she was now realizing.

Last edited by mooncake; February 26th, 2023 at 08:26 PM.
Old February 26th, 2023, 08:40 PM

@mooncake
“Yes we’re getting close to t-the s-safe place it’s after these bushes also y-you h-have a n-nice n-name Midnight” Tanger then walked through 3 bushes leaving a hole to the fork and waited for Midnight
Old February 26th, 2023, 09:02 PM

Midnight + Tanger
( @Speckear )
Midnight couldn't stop the corners of her mouth from lifting a bit at the compliment. After a moment's consideration, Midnight came to the realization that Tanger might've been the first cat to ever compliment her in all her life. It felt strange. Midnight wasn't sure if she liked it. Besides, the she-cat was complimenting her name, the one that had picked out for her. It didn't mean anything.

Midnight thought for a moment, about her name. Midnight. She already knew what why the name had been given to her, what it meant. It meant her pitch black fur, a silhouette defined by two shining yellow eyes. And her father's pitch black fur, and the black spots on her mother's back. It meant those times when she and her friends scavenged for food, under the cover of night. It meant the way Midnighr diappeared against thr darkness. It meant those moonless nights, those endless voids that looked as though they could eat Midnight up.

Midnight didn't like her name. She decided to switch up the topic. "What type of stuff do you do on a normal daily basis?" she asked Tanger. She was wondering what type of things this forest had to offer. She assumed that Tanger meeting other cats was not part of her usual routine, judging by her awkward mannerisms and apparent social anxiety.
Old February 26th, 2023, 09:19 PM

@mooncake
“W-well n-normally I h-hunt, f-find d-decorations for my n-nest, s-sort my prey pile o-oldest to n-newest , visit m-my f-family resting p-place and g-give t-them flowers, s-sit on the rock that I w-was on, l-lastly I check the trails for d-dangers then g-go t-to my d-den a-and s-sleep”

Last edited by Speckear; February 26th, 2023 at 09:33 PM.
Old February 26th, 2023, 09:33 PM

Midnight + Tanger
( @Speckear )
Ah, so Tanger's family was dead. That made a lot of sense actually. Midnight tried to control her curiosity, as it would be improper to ask about the causes of death. Even for Midnight.

Although Midnight's family may as well be dead to her, she acknowledged that it was somewhat comforting knowing they were still alive, that she could still drop by at any time, say hi, knowing they'd be there. Knowing they'd be alive, to greet her. I guess Tanger doesn't have that... Guess she's alone in the world. Midnight thought, trying to imagine what it would be like if the comforting knowledge of her family's livelihood was torn away from her.

Instead of saying anything about that, however, she instead remarked, "Ah, quite the quaint life you lead here, huh? If you find things to decorate your den with often, it should be a real treasure cove by now."

Last edited by mooncake; February 26th, 2023 at 09:34 PM.