Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Sedgewater Valley
by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 06:06 AM
Roaring Cliffs...
by taillow
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 05:52 AM
The Caduceus Family adopts...
by Rani
Last post by blxze.
Today 05:48 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Minkuu
Today 05:47 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by AmberPrisma
Today 05:33 AM

Old February 22nd, 2023, 01:14 PM

My Mood: Fine

Default Tanger’s forest |Open to all|

Tanger- a gentle yet nervous cat who’s 24 moons old
————————————————
A large yet skinny cat with dull ginger fur and fawn spots and light yellow eyes was sitting on a rock in their large forest yet they had been clearly spaced out thinking about something other than watching their surroundings

Last edited by Speckear; February 22nd, 2023 at 01:18 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2023, 06:52 AM

Status: Maybe my existence is just one big unskippable liberty mutual ad.
My Mood: Chatty
Default Re: Tanger’s forest |Open to all|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckear View Post
Tanger- a gentle yet nervous cat who’s 24 moons old
————————————————
A large yet skinny cat with dull ginger fur and fawn spots and light yellow eyes was sitting on a rock in their large forest yet they had been clearly spaced out thinking about something other than watching their surroundings

Midnight

Midnight sighed, walking along a line of thick tree trunks. She had to admit it. She was totally lost. Quickly, she analysed her surroundings and all the possible outcomes of the situation at hand (at paw?). The forest was dense, and it would not be so difficult to find food here. Midnight had already caught several thrushes, and fat ones at that. The forest wouldn't be such a bad place to live out the rest of her life, if it came to that. Ah, what am I thinking? I can't spend the rest of my life here! I still have somewhere important to be... I can't just not show up.

Midnight looked around hopelessly. She had been taught many navigation skills by her mother, which was boring for her at the time, but had proved useful in many dire circumstances. Hm. Maybe if I found a river or creek and followed it, it would eventually lead out of the forest. I don't- Midnight perked up her ears, searching for the reassuring sound of water running. I don't hear any rivers though... If there are any, they must be quite far from here.

Midnight finally decided that her best option would be to continue walking in a straight line until she eventually found her way out of the forest. The trees couldn't go on forever right? Honestly, what a mess. She wished she could be more organized about her life. These things were always happening...

Midnight had finished going over and weighing out all of her options in a matter of minutes, while walking simultaneously. She was still lost in thought when the trees opened up to form a clearing, and she ran into a strange cat sitting on a warm stone. Midnight's heart skipped a beat, so relieved to have found someone that might have the ability help her. Doing everything alone had at first given Midnight a sense of independence, but in recent moons she'd been longing for someone to come along and make her miserable amd lonely life a little less miserable and lonely.

"Um, hello?" She said loudly, calling up to the cat atop the rock. She hoped the strange cat wouldn't be scared off. Back during her time as a city stray, most of the acquaintances she'd made were unfriendly and often mean. Please don't let this cat be like that... Please help me...

Last edited by mooncake; February 23rd, 2023 at 07:02 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2023, 08:25 AM

@mooncake

Tanger heard the words and said as if they was only a little nervous even though they had no idea how to seem like a not nervous wreck which caused some words were stuttered and others were weren’t. “H-hello t-there I-I’m Tanger and i-its n-nice t-to m-meet y-you, a-also if you want s-some h-help then I c-can l-lead you o-out if y-you w-want.

Last edited by Speckear; February 23rd, 2023 at 08:34 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2023, 08:43 AM

Midnight + Tanger
( @Speckear )
Midnight blinked. "Hey what's wrong with your speech? You sound weird." Midnight didn't like this strange cat, she decided. The cats she had met previously that were like this were always so suspicious. And what was it with the strange cat automatically assuming Midnight was there to ask her for help? Midnight was perfectly capable, thank you! Had the cat seen her wretched appearance and known the worst?

Midnight licked herself thoroughly, hoping to make herself more presentable. Dumb cat... she thought, annoyed. Midnight suddenly remembered an important lesson she had learned while she was still residing in the city. Dominance, right. I must establish dominance. And if she's lucky, I might just use her for directions. Midnight thought, pleased with herself. She jumped atop the stone, puffed up her chest, and genially wrapped her tail around her paws. She tilted her chin up a little bit, so that it was like she was looking down on the strange cat. Just like she had been taught.

Last edited by mooncake; February 24th, 2023 at 06:46 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2023, 08:51 AM

@mooncake
“Oh that w-well its j-just I get a little n-nervous when I meet new c-cats o-or a-anybody r-really so t-that causes a s-small stutter t-to happen ” Tanger was trying to not get more nervous and felt put off like something was coming up behind them but put it off as they didn’t want to deal with that as of now and was still put off by whatever was coming Tanger then got up and hopped off the rock and stood in front of this she-cat “We need to go now I f-feel l-like s-somethings coming towards us oh by the way, there are probably some dogs or foxes in here and they are way meaner then most so stay close.”

Last edited by Speckear; February 23rd, 2023 at 01:33 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2023, 04:08 PM

Midnight + Tanger
( @Speckear )
Midnight smiled (internally of course), pleased at herself. My methods must've been effective... She's practically trembling in fear. Midnight lagged, however, before following Tanger, who was already walking away from the stone. It was possible that this was a trap. Midnight sighed. This cat seems nervous and skittish. Not the type that would lie. But it could easily be a facade. Quickly, Midnight analyzed the posture and build of the mysterious she-cat. Based on the way she carries herself, she's the self-doubting type. I don't know if she'd even have the confidence to lie to me. But then, I don't really know anything about her.

Midnight sniffed the air. She did faintly smell the scent of fox, although it was quite old. It was possible that the other cat's sense of smell was superior to Midnight's, but Midnight dismissed that idea quickly. I guess I don't have anything to lose... As long as I arrive early at my destination. Midnight's analysis had lasted only seconds, but she had gathered all the information she needed for now, and felt satisfied with the results.

Briskly, she padded after the strange cat. She continued to hold her head high, keep her chest puffed, and let her tail swing behind her in a couldn't-care-less manner. She wasn't particularly bothered by the possible threat of a foxm as she was a relatively fast runner, and had taught herself how to climb trees. "Hey, Skittish," Midnight said in reference to Tanger. "Where are we going?"

Last edited by mooncake; February 24th, 2023 at 06:48 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2023, 05:00 PM

@mooncake
”Somewhere s-safer t-then h-here plus there are 3 ways to l-leave here I-I’m taking you to the first w-way that’s the s-safest, t-the o-others a-are d-dangerous as w-well there are a lot of things that are d-dangerous” Tanger kept walking as to them the sent of fox got stronger

Last edited by Speckear; February 23rd, 2023 at 10:59 PM.
Old February 24th, 2023, 05:43 PM

Midnight + Tanger
( @Speckear )
Midnight frowned. That was no good. If there were only three main exits to the forest, how could she be sure that she was going in the right direction? What if the strange she-cat was just leading back to where she had begun? Not good. Midnught sniffed the air. She could smell the fox clearly now. Hm. Guess she wasn't lying. But if the scent's getting stronger, then that means...

It could mean only two things. Either they were going in the wrong direction and were heading toward the fox, rather than away from it, or the fox was gaining on the two she-cats. Now the first scenario wasn't possible, as Midnight had already pinpointed the fox's location, and it was southeast of where she and the strange she-cat were at that moment. Meaning that the latter was true.

I estimate that we have to go about five times faster than are current pace to outmaneuver that fox, Midnight thought, trying her best to disguise her alarm. Her tail, which had become bushy and upright, had given it away though, much to her dismay. I can't let this strange cat know that I'm- No. She's the least of my problems.

"Hey Pip-squeak! We'd better pick up the pace," Midnight yelled, breaking into a run. She had made sure to keep in shape during all the moons spent away from the city, and was able to run quite fast. She just hoped that the other cat would be able to keep up.

Last edited by mooncake; February 24th, 2023 at 05:46 PM.
Old February 25th, 2023, 08:23 AM

@mooncake

“O-Ok” Tanger started running faster than the she-cat, as to them the smell of fox got a little less close then it was and then when they were farther ahead but still close enough that the she-cat was still able to hear and smell them and stopped waiting for the the she-cat
Old February 25th, 2023, 01:19 PM

Midnight + Tanger
( @Speckear )
Midnight sighed in exasperation. That idiot's running six times faster than our previous pace... A cat's physical limits, while extensive, are still... limited. It's best that we only go at the bare minimum pace, so that we don't expend too much energy and are able to later use it on other things. Midnight had run from many a stray dog during her life, and had some experience with it. Of course, if foxes were a common occurrence around these parts, perhaps the strange she-cat had experience as well, but Midnight decided it would be better to just assume the worst and go off of that.

"The exit you speak of..." Midnight called, not slowing her pace. It was more efficient to maintain a constant pace, rather than to exert sporadic bursts of energy. "Where is it? What does the environment look like?" Midnight asked, trying to discreetly gather whether they were going in the right direction.

Last edited by mooncake; February 25th, 2023 at 01:57 PM.