Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Borders

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Midnight's territory!...
by Red'fur
Last post by bubble[error].
Today 09:06 AM
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by Epiales
Today 09:06 AM
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 09:00 AM
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by Epiales
Today 08:34 AM
WindClan Patrols
by Lillith
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 08:30 AM

Old February 13th, 2018, 12:49 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: WindClan | RiverClan Border

@Rose Queen, @Suspiciousmindz

"Fallenstar doesn't need to explain himself," Rowanfury muttered. "There's no excuse for his actions. He can't even argue he was doing the best for his Clan, considering he decided to "even" the sides." Or whatever his plans were. It still didn't make sense to Rowanfury. Why not let ThunderClan get crushed by the joined WindClan and ShadowClan forces? Worse case scenario, ThunderClan gets destroyed and the three Clans get more territory. No one would miss them. "We're WindClan. We don't need the favor of some fish-faced cat who can't follow through with alliances." His predecessors exceeded him in many ways, and this was one of them. He warmly recalled the war Fallowstar started with ShadowClan. Good times.

"They probably already know you don't like them," he meowed. "I don't think they'd give a rancid rat about a strongly worded message given at the border. Fallenstar seems to be a cat of action." Rowanfury didn't want to outright say they should teach the other Clan a lesson, but he wanted to hint it. With all the Clans beat up, no one would be expecting an ambush on the RiverClan camp. It'd be a perfect opportunity to shed some blood. "Grousestar likely won't... it's not like SkyClan will be immediately threatened by this. If we wanted to involve them in any way, we'd probably need to launch an attack on them, and that'd be a trek!" Still, the russet tom liked the idea of getting SkyClan into the mix. Perhaps Snowstar would do something to agitate the normally calm tabby leader.

wolfhive

Last edited by BEAR.; February 13th, 2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old February 13th, 2018, 02:28 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

@Suspiciousmindz ; @Mad King

“Cross-clan romances,” she repeated, looking at Blazingstar skeptically. “What self-respecting WindClan warrior would be meeting in secret with ThunderClan or RiverClan, especially after what they’ve done to us?”

Fallenstar’s rotten excuse for getting involved in the conflict left a bad taste in her mouth, making her want to gag. He passed it off as nobility, justice, but it was nothing more than a blatant display of incompetence as a leader. Roanfeather didn’t think he was fit to lead RiverClan; however, she kept that thought to herself, believing it was better to hold in negative comments unless she was around cats she could trust not to let them fall on the wrong ears. Rowanfury seemed like he was on the warpath, which was understandable when everybody in WindClan felt wronged right now. But was this the way to resolving the tension? “I still want to hear what he’ll come up with,” she replied, “even though it won’t bring any peace.” Nor would it bring their dead warriors back to life. It was mostly out of curiosity, uncertainty how he could begin to claim his actions were moral.

Roanfeather wasn’t sure a message would be necessary, and it was too early to launch another attack; they needed to recollect their forces. She didn’t know exactly how well off they were, but she expected they weren’t prepared for another full-scale attack so soon after the last. “Action based on poor judgment, maybe,” she mumbled in reference to Fallenstar. “It was fortunate that we had ShadowClan’s support, but I’m not sure they’ll be willing to join WindClan in another battle.” To avoid another horrible loss, Roanfeather believed it was in their best interest to secure definitive alliances before they even considered unsheathing their claws upon a different faction. “Do you plan on getting SkyClan involved?” she inquired, the question directed at Blazingstar. Perhaps he meant that he wouldn’t proactively seek their participation, but would prefer it. Lost in thought for a moment, she meowed a tad tensely, “If they do, this could turn into an all-out war between every Clan.”

Last edited by Fawn; February 13th, 2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old February 16th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

@Rose Queen @Mad King

Blazingstar thought for a moment before nodding in slight agreement. It was probably true, RiverClan probably knew already. He could easily confront them at the gathering and make more of a point. All the clans would know then too and that's the type of punishment Blazingstar was known for by now. There hadn't really been a peaceful gathering since his rise to leadership. The ginger tom noted Roanfeather's point on cross-clan romances. "Not everyone is as loyal to WindClan as I'd like to think," he sighed a little knowing there wasn't really a way to avoid it other than ensuring no one leaves camp alone and anyone caught gets punished. Blazingstar tried that once and it didn't seem to work too well, but perhaps he'd give it another shot?

Now the conversation about SkyClan threw him through a loop. Blazingstar wasn't sure what he wanted to do with newest clan. He'd like to respect them, but they had to realize that peace between the clans was nearly impossible. Perhaps they would one day. "SkyClan can decide for themselves. We can only hope they come to their senses, but I won't drag them into anything since Grousestar said he'd prefer to stay neutral. There'd be no reason to waste the energy to trek that far and be turned away again," he noted. His fluffy tail flicked a few times behind him before his hues shifted between both the warriors. It was clear there was two different mindsets here and he wasn't sure what to say to please them both. He was trying his best.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old February 16th, 2018, 04:57 PM
work is never done

"I hope ThunderClan steps on their tail," he muttered. "Get SkyClan angry at them so they side with us." Rowanfury hoped Snowstar would badger Grousestar about his decision. ThunderClan was closer to SkyClan as it was, and it wouldn't be much of a trek to their camp in comparison. "We should crack down on the forbidden romances," he growled lowly. "The last thing WindClan needs right now is split loyalties." There should be a ban on cats leaving camp alone, he thought. Exile or kill anyone who disobeys the rule. Kill them because they could help the Enemy find our camp. "Traitors have no place in our Clan. The only good thing they bring is kits, but those should be stripped from them and given to a loyal queen to raise." Having a parent with conflicted loyalties would only influence the kits negatively. If WindClan was to remain strong, they needed to make sure nothing would taint their youth in such a way.

"As for ShadowClan," he murmured, "Goldenstar wouldn't dare refuse to help us again. He's in too deep and if ThunderClan and RiverClan were to target him, he couldn't afford to tell us no to a future fight." ShadowClan losing WindClan's alliance would be a horrible move on Goldenstar's part. "Will you at least consider the prospect of sending RiverClan a message they won't soon forget?" he asked Blazingstar. "It doesn't need to be now of course, but if we proceed, it should be soon while their wrongdoing is fresh."

wolfhive

Last edited by BEAR.; February 16th, 2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old February 16th, 2018, 09:36 PM
the stars are aligned

@Suspiciousmindz ; @Mad King

“I see,” she meowed in response to Blazingstar, fighting down the lump in her throat. WindClan has always been home to the most loyal of warriors, what’s happening to them? Although she wasn’t one to impose strict punishments on any cat, it’d be a lie to say she wasn’t feeling disappointed in some warriors’ actions if they were engaging in cross-Clan romances behind their clanmates’ backs. Unfortunately, she didn’t think there was anything Blazingstar could do to avoid that issue aside from have faith StarClan would judge them when the time came. Was that something StarClan did? Roanfeather didn’t know but figured it wasn’t the ideal situation to be mulling over that. When Blazingstar mentioned he would be allowing SkyClan to decide for themselves, Roanfeather nodded in understanding; rushing SkyClan into a war they weren’t involved in was bound to end in disaster. Grousestar hadn’t seemed interested in diving into the drama within the original four Clans. She didn’t blame him, but she did wish they could guarantee another alliance to WindClan considering the rising tension among everybody. “I don’t think he’s going to join any side,” she shrugged, referring to Grousestar, “but maybe that’s his way of encouraging peace.” Defeatedly, she went on with a hint of flat sadness, “It.. isn’t working.” Clearly, something had to change if they were ever going to move on from this dispute. Making it bigger by adding SkyClan likely wouldn’t lead to resolution -- that would be like poking a wound and not expecting it to reopen.

Her stomach twisted in uneasy knots after hearing Rowanfury talk about how he wished Snowstar would anger them, and then his thoughts on forbidden romances didn’t reduce the tension she felt. Roanfeather asked, “How do you propose that should be.. handled?” He seemed to be strongly against the romance, so perhaps he had a plan to back up his opinions. In her opinion, the problem was the lack of feasibility, envisioning a WindClan where nobody could go out alone was a pitiful mental image, and it would be near impossible to enforce long-term. While she agreed that it would be nice to eliminate cross-Clan relationships therefore creating an overall more loyal group of cats, it wasn’t worth turning WindClan into a strict dictatorship over, as that would cause more issues than they had right now. He carried on, declaring that disloyalty should be dealt with by stripping kits away from them--she couldn’t think of anything to say in response, and holding her tongue seemed like the smartest option. This was a clanmate with extreme views, and although she wasn’t sure she saw eye to eye with him, she wasn’t looking for an argument.

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; February 16th, 2018 at 09:36 PM.
Old February 19th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Just A Fossil

@Mad King @Rose Queen

"I will talk to RiverClan at the gathering. That will be a clear message that all the clans can hear,"he replied. Blazingstar was a little appalled by how open Rowanfury was being about the split loyalties thing. Wasn't that a little extreme? That would make Blazingstar the bad guy! Taking kits from their mothers, he'd be a monster. At least, in his head that was what monsters do. "That would make things worse. No one would respect me as a leader for allowing that to be a rule," he replied. This time, Blazingstar gave the other tom a side glance, making it clear there was a hint of suspicion there. It was only brief because he simply decided some warriors had thoughts like that, but would never put it into action. "A better option is to ensure they're trained only by loyal members who have no clear history of romances like that," he commented.

On the topic of SkyClan, Blazingstar had to think for a moment before responding. "Grousestar will decide what to do on his own. We can only hope that StarClan shows him the right path," he sighed a bit. "I won't continue to pester him to upset him. I'll let ThunderClan beg until SkyClan is annoyed by them," he rolled his eyes. Blazingstar was honestly trying to aggressive about it all, but still trying to be reasonable. It may not appear like it, but he had to be careful now that everyone was on the brink of war it seemed.
Old February 20th, 2018, 12:57 PM
work is never done

Rowanfury spat on the ground. "Of course it's not working. Peace isn't the answer right now, regardless of what Grousestar might think. All it will do on his end is make the other Clans resent him for staying out of it. One day SkyClan will be in a rough patch and they won't have any alliances to go to." He was adamant that the actions of the other Clans' would come to bite them in the tail later on. RiverClan's betrayal would destroy them. ShadowClan had no choice but to stay allied with WindClan or they would meet an untimely end. SkyClan staying out of it would only result in the rest of the Clans hating them and alienating them more.

"Anyone loyal to WindClan would respect you," he growled. "I lost two of my daughters to half-Clanned relationships. They both had spawn they raised, and I have no doubt in my mind because they influenced their upbringing their loyalties to WindClan is tainted and torn. If they were raised to believe both their parents were WindClan cats to the bone, I wouldn't have to question where their heart lay." In reference to Roanfeather's words, he continued spiritedly. "We need a buddy system. Treat it like they're patrolling - we'd never send a single cat out alone for one, would we? Pretend it's for security due to all the rising tensions." Rowanfury didn't miss the questioning glance from Blazingstar, and he glanced at the ginger leader in return. He was strikingly good-looking, and the older tom briefly wondered how the young tabby hadn't been taken yet. He couldn't think of any other cat who had actually stolen his breath away just by walking into a den.

The russet brown tom shook his head, stepping away from the duo to refresh the scent markers on the border.

wolfhive

Last edited by BEAR.; February 20th, 2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old February 20th, 2018, 02:23 PM
the stars are aligned

@Mad King ; @Suspiciousmindz

Roanfeather stiffened as Rowanfury spat on the ground, boldly stating peace wasn’t the answer. She wondered who’d made dirt on his morning meal, or if he was simply belligerent by nature. WindClan didn’t resent SkyClan, did they? Certainly, it was disappointing Grousestar wasn’t actively fighting for them during their time of need, but that didn’t mean an alliance couldn’t be formed later down the line - if, for example, SkyClan needed someone as Rowanfury suggested. “They’re the newest Clan,” she reminded him, “and I don’t think SkyClan understands.” They weren’t accustomed to living among four other Clans and being submerged in their drama. It made sense that they were hesitant to make their Clan vulnerable after being on top for so long. Did it make it right? Roanfeather wasn’t sure, but that wasn’t the point.

Lost? she internally questioned, startled by Rowanfury’s force considering his own daughters had been involved in cross-Clan romances. “But won’t that just make them resent authority figures in the Clan?” Roanfeather asked, uncertain of his idea. “I’m not sure how you could permanently separate them, either. Physically, I guess it’s plausible--” questionable, “but what stops their family from building on that bitterness?” Nothing was stopping the parent from continuing to try to see the kits, even if the parent had been exiled as well. It was a flawed plan on so many levels.

Hypothetically, there were a multitude of ways that could go wrong. A cat could slip away from another, claim they’d gotten separated. A cat could threaten the other, or both could be engaging in cross-Clan relationships. Plus, there were sometimes warriors that didn’t respect the Code and wouldn’t confess the buddy’s disloyalty. A little concerned about Rowanfury’s mental state, she decided against voicing these issues aloud and merely meowed with caution, “I don’t know.”

Once Rowanfury had stepped away, Roanfeather shot Blazingstar an “is-he-being-serious” look, visibly shaken by his future plans for WindClan. Thank StarClan HE isn’t the one leading the Clan. We would all be casualties of war by now.

Last edited by Fawn; February 20th, 2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old February 25th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Just A Fossil

@Rose Queen @Mad King

Blazingstar listened to the other tom speak. He almost admired the determination the warrior had to wanting to keep WindClan loyal, however his ways of doing so weren't exactly... good. The way he was saying he should lead the clan sounded more like how the evil era leaders would've. Wasn't that what they were trying to avoid now? "It'll all get figured out at some point," he replied. He wasn't going to respond to each side knowing it wasn't going to help anyone. Their discussion would continue to be back and forth like this if they chose to keep talking about it. "Right now, we just need to focus on keeping our alliance with ShadowClan and figuring out our next move," he spoke with a small nod.

When Rowanfury stepped away, he met the concerned gaze of Roanfeather. Blazingstar responded to her look with a small shrug before turning back towards the tom, assuming he had finished refreshing the markers.
Old February 27th, 2018, 01:27 PM
work is never done

"I don't think SkyClan is as ignorant as you seem to think, Roanfeather." Rowanfury's voice had dropped to a growl. "They've been in our forest for seasons now. It'd be smarter for them to make alliances now instead of burning what allies they can get." If Rowanfury were leader, he was certain he could have already coaxed Grousestar onto his side of the war. What leader could resist the promise of peace and prosperity when the tensions were crushed?

He scoffed, "If their families had a lick of loyalty to our Clan, they would understand sacrifices need to be made to ensure the survival of our Clan. As it is now, with all the half-blooded spawn, all the Clans may as well be one." How could Roanfeather not see the easy solution to permanent separation? Traitors should be killed. Their families should be killed too if they had an issue with the kits being given to a Loyal family. He was far from surprised when she commented on not knowing. "Typical." Why couldn't they see this was for the best of the Clan? It seemed no one was loyal anymore. They needed to fix that. With sharp claws, not weak words.

Rowanfury finished marking the border, the tip of his tail twitching irritably as he turned back to his companions and began to pad back in the direction of camp. The discussion seemed over, but Rowanfury was far from being done with this. Now, if only I could get Blazingstar to listen to me...

Last edited by BEAR.; February 27th, 2018 at 01:27 PM.