Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by BEAR.
Today 03:53 AM
Willow's Rise
by dino.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 03:42 AM
Sagekit finder
by Maybi
Last post by Maybi
Today 03:18 AM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by ramen
Today 02:31 AM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 02:16 AM

Old October 27th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Kittypet.. No More? (Private)

@The Little Robin

Flint's blue eyes opened to a soft stroke on his back. It was his twoleg. As the twoleg reached his back, Flint arched his back up and squeezed his eyes shut. A little more to the left aaaand.... I'm good. Relaxing, Flint heard the soft growl of his stomach. Sighing, Flint blinked up at his twoleg, and meowed. As if on cue, the twoleg marched to the door, and opened it. That wasn't what he wanted, but he didn't mind. Flint delicately walked from his soft, warm nest, and trotted outside. Fresh air hit him hard as the sun shone down from above. Ah, nothing like the outside world. Flint kneaded the ground, and stretched. He could lay down in the sun to soak in the warmth, but Flint felt.. restless. Frowning, Flint gazed up at the fence. He longed to look to the world. He longed to see the bugs buzzing around the woods. Backing up, Flint took a running start and leaped at the fence. Midair, he wondered if this was the right choice. After all, he had never climbed his fence before. Luckily, Flint landed perfectly. Latching his claws on, Flint thrust upwards and scrabbled at the top. When he clumsily sat down on the edge, Flint let out a sigh of relief. How tedious.
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: Kittypet.. No More? (Private)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
@The Little Robin
Flint's blue eyes opened to a soft stroke on his back. It was his twoleg. As the twoleg reached his back, Flint arched his back up and squeezed his eyes shut. A little more to the left aaaand.... I'm good. Relaxing, Flint heard the soft growl of his stomach. Sighing, Flint blinked up at his twoleg, and meowed. As if on cue, the twoleg marched to the door, and opened it. That wasn't what he wanted, but he didn't mind. Flint delicately walked from his soft, warm nest, and trotted outside. Fresh air hit him hard as the sun shone down from above. Ah, nothing like the outside world. Flint kneaded the ground, and stretched. He could lay down in the sun to soak in the warmth, but Flint felt.. restless. Frowning, Flint gazed up at the fence. He longed to look to the world. He longed to see the bugs buzzing around the woods. Backing up, Flint took a running start and leaped at the fence. Midair, he wondered if this was the right choice. After all, he had never climbed his fence before. Luckily, Flint landed perfectly. Latching his claws on, Flint thrust upwards and scrabbled at the top. When he clumsily sat down on the edge, Flint let out a sigh of relief. How tedious.
“How’s the weather looking out there this morning, brother?” The small patched tabby asked his older sibling as he turned onto his back on the soft bed, “It was so cold yesterday that I couldn’t feel my paws. I still cannot believe you persuaded me into joining you at Lucky’s place.” Ollie, who currently sat in front of the clean glass sliding door that led into the backyard of their home, silently turned his head to look at Jack, his whiskers slightly twitching in silence before he let his gaze drift back to the gleaming ball of light that was the sun that hung in the blue-hued sky above them right now. “It’s much warmer outside today.” He murmured with a slight smile resting on his maw, his long fluffy tail swishing behind him across the wooden floor that now rested his paws on, “We should go out and enjoy this before the first snowfall appears, I believe that some of our neighbors will be out and we could say hello before they disappear inside for the rest of the season.” To be honest, Oliver just wanted a reason to get Jack outside, tired of seeing his younger brother always staying inside while the outside world looked so interesting and full of wonders to explore and find. The other male uttered a light yawn and stretched his paws into the air for a moment, before lifting his head and looking at his older brother for a moment in silence. For some reason, he always did seem to find nature to be a wondrous place to have adventures, though Jack thought about all the dangers that lurked beyond the walls of their home - those big metal machines, upwalkers, bad tasting food, vicious stray cats. Nonetheless, he was right about the weather looking rather warm and promising for the time being, so perhaps they could jump to the advantage before it never comes back. “Alright.” Jackie mumbled, rolling onto his stomach and heaving himself to his paws, “I could go for a few warm sunrays before the clouds hide them all away for the season.” Oliver’s expression turned to a bright, happy smile as he hopped to his paws. “Great! Let’s go!” He purred before racing off into the kitchen and leaping onto the counter, scrambling up onto the cold marble surface before lifting his head and pushing open the window that was slightly cracked open already - all while Jack was hurrying after him with his paws still waking up after a plentiful nap in his softened, comforting bed. “Will you be careful for goodness sake?” The patched tabby mewed, “You’re more likely to fall and break something if you keep this up..” However, Oliver did not listen, already climbing out the window and slipping outside, landing in the green grass with a slight huff stirring from him. He breathed in the cool fresh air and smiled, his tail lashing behind him as he padded out further into the backyard while Jack was still scrambling out of the parted kitchen window with irritated grumbles stirring from him with each passing second. The larger, older patched tabby glanced around before hopping up onto one of the lawn chairs that sat in the grass near the back fence, his tail curling around his paws as he soon caught sight of their neighbor and good friend - Flint - who was currently sitting on the part of the fence that was on his own property. “Good morning, Flinty!” Ollie called to the other tomcat, “Beautiful day out today, isn’t it? Especially after how cold it was yesterday.” While he was sparking up conversation with their neighbor, Jack had dashed across the yard and took a seat on the cushioned lawn chair beside his brother, laying down on the warm surface with a sigh.
Old October 29th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
“How’s the weather looking out there this morning, brother?” The small patched tabby asked his older sibling as he turned onto his back on the soft bed, “It was so cold yesterday that I couldn’t feel my paws. I still cannot believe you persuaded me into joining you at Lucky’s place.” Ollie, who currently sat in front of the clean glass sliding door that led into the backyard of their home, silently turned his head to look at Jack, his whiskers slightly twitching in silence before he let his gaze drift back to the gleaming ball of light that was the sun that hung in the blue-hued sky above them right now. “It’s much warmer outside today.” He murmured with a slight smile resting on his maw, his long fluffy tail swishing behind him across the wooden floor that now rested his paws on, “We should go out and enjoy this before the first snowfall appears, I believe that some of our neighbors will be out and we could say hello before they disappear inside for the rest of the season.” To be honest, Oliver just wanted a reason to get Jack outside, tired of seeing his younger brother always staying inside while the outside world looked so interesting and full of wonders to explore and find. The other male uttered a light yawn and stretched his paws into the air for a moment, before lifting his head and looking at his older brother for a moment in silence. For some reason, he always did seem to find nature to be a wondrous place to have adventures, though Jack thought about all the dangers that lurked beyond the walls of their home - those big metal machines, upwalkers, bad tasting food, vicious stray cats. Nonetheless, he was right about the weather looking rather warm and promising for the time being, so perhaps they could jump to the advantage before it never comes back. “Alright.” Jackie mumbled, rolling onto his stomach and heaving himself to his paws, “I could go for a few warm sunrays before the clouds hide them all away for the season.” Oliver’s expression turned to a bright, happy smile as he hopped to his paws. “Great! Let’s go!” He purred before racing off into the kitchen and leaping onto the counter, scrambling up onto the cold marble surface before lifting his head and pushing open the window that was slightly cracked open already - all while Jack was hurrying after him with his paws still waking up after a plentiful nap in his softened, comforting bed. “Will you be careful for goodness sake?” The patched tabby mewed, “You’re more likely to fall and break something if you keep this up..” However, Oliver did not listen, already climbing out the window and slipping outside, landing in the green grass with a slight huff stirring from him. He breathed in the cool fresh air and smiled, his tail lashing behind him as he padded out further into the backyard while Jack was still scrambling out of the parted kitchen window with irritated grumbles stirring from him with each passing second. The larger, older patched tabby glanced around before hopping up onto one of the lawn chairs that sat in the grass near the back fence, his tail curling around his paws as he soon caught sight of their neighbor and good friend - Flint - who was currently sitting on the part of the fence that was on his own property. “Good morning, Flinty!” Ollie called to the other tomcat, “Beautiful day out today, isn’t it? Especially after how cold it was yesterday.” While he was sparking up conversation with their neighbor, Jack had dashed across the yard and took a seat on the cushioned lawn chair beside his brother, laying down on the warm surface with a sigh.
Flint's ears moved as he heard the bickering between the brothers from inside their den. Whiskers twitching with amusement, he turned toward the opening in the window. As if on cue, Oliver and Jack pushed up the window and exited. Flint stood, and slowly walked along the fence, but only to the part where his own fence ended and began Oliver and Jack's. "Good morning," he greeted with a smile. I totally agree! It's much warmer than yesterday. Flint glanced to the side, once more taking in the forest view. A bird fluttered from one tree to another, and another bird greeted that bird with a tweet. Breaking from his daze, the white tom focused back on his friends. What have you teo been up to lately? Anything interesting? His head tipped to one side curiously. Flint lost his balance a bit, however, and scrabbled to regain his footing. Giving up, Flint dropped down into Oliver and Jack's yard.
Old October 29th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Flint's ears moved as he heard the bickering between the brothers from inside their den. Whiskers twitching with amusement, he turned toward the opening in the window. As if on cue, Oliver and Jack pushed up the window and exited. Flint stood, and slowly walked along the fence, but only to the part where his own fence ended and began Oliver and Jack's. "Good morning," he greeted with a smile. I totally agree! It's much warmer than yesterday. Flint glanced to the side, once more taking in the forest view. A bird fluttered from one tree to another, and another bird greeted that bird with a tweet. Breaking from his daze, the white tom focused back on his friends. What have you teo been up to lately? Anything interesting? His head tipped to one side curiously. Flint lost his balance a bit, however, and scrabbled to regain his footing. Giving up, Flint dropped down into Oliver and Jack's yard.
“Good morning, Flint.” Jack murmured, his tone quiet as he tucked his paws underneath him, getting comfortable on the cushioned chair that he now sat on. The older patched tabby, who was sitting in the chair beside him, smiled with a certain happiness and content sense in his current stance. “That old shecat across the street from us, Lucky, shared some of her owner’s fresh tuna with us yesterday, that was pretty neat.” He said with a purr stirring from his throat, though the younger tomcat rolled his eyes. “I swear I saw a hint of snow falling from the sky yesterday on our way there,” The male said, shaking his head with a slight shudder running up his spine, “Soon enough, this idiot will be dragging me through piles of cold snow in order to get his fill of the old tabbies that live on our street.” Jack flicked his head at his older brother, who simply smirked. “You could’ve said no to coming with me yesterday, bro, admit it - you are not the isolated housepet that everyone thinks you are. You enjoy Tiger’s stories as much as I do when we visit him and Speckles.” Jack did not answer his brother’s words, giving a slight sigh and focusing his attention to their neighbor so that they didn’t get too off track with their conversation. “Excuse my brother’s nonsense talk. How’ve you been, Flint?” He asked, watching the other male join them in their own yard after having trouble on the fence, “Has you owner been keeping the house extra warm because of the cold? It feels so nice when you take a nap and the whole house is warm and toasty.” He said with a smile, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth at the mere thought.
Old October 29th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
“Good morning, Flint.” Jack murmured, his tone quiet as he tucked his paws underneath him, getting comfortable on the cushioned chair that he now sat on. The older patched tabby, who was sitting in the chair beside him, smiled with a certain happiness and content sense in his current stance. “That old shecat across the street from us, Lucky, shared some of her owner’s fresh tuna with us yesterday, that was pretty neat.” He said with a purr stirring from his throat, though the younger tomcat rolled his eyes. “I swear I saw a hint of snow falling from the sky yesterday on our way there,” The male said, shaking his head with a slight shudder running up his spine, “Soon enough, this idiot will be dragging me through piles of cold snow in order to get his fill of the old tabbies that live on our street.” Jack flicked his head at his older brother, who simply smirked. “You could’ve said no to coming with me yesterday, bro, admit it - you are not the isolated housepet that everyone thinks you are. You enjoy Tiger’s stories as much as I do when we visit him and Speckles.” Jack did not answer his brother’s words, giving a slight sigh and focusing his attention to their neighbor so that they didn’t get too off track with their conversation. “Excuse my brother’s nonsense talk. How’ve you been, Flint?” He asked, watching the other male join them in their own yard after having trouble on the fence, “Has you owner been keeping the house extra warm because of the cold? It feels so nice when you take a nap and the whole house is warm and toasty.” He said with a smile, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth at the mere thought.
"Well good for her! I bet it was tasty," he replied with a smile. Flint had never met Lucky personally, only heard of her, but he hopes to see her around. Flint's ears perked up as Jack complained of the weather. Chuckling, Flint sat down to listen to their banter. As they spoke, he licked a paw, and ran it over his light brown head. When it was Flint's turn to speak, he paused mid stroke, and sat his paw on the ground. "I've been okay, it's kind of lonely cooped up inside all day," he confessed , glancing back over the fence. "It's been quite warm, yes, but I much prefer a bit of chill. Flint thought about how it would be, living out in the wild with no twolegs to warm you up if you got too cold. Exhilirating, he bet. Flint stood up and shook out his pelt, relieving the excitement of the thought. "I wonder how those feral cats live," he spoke up, changing the topic to hear their thoughts on the matter.
Old October 29th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
"Well good for her! I bet it was tasty," he replied with a smile. Flint had never met Lucky personally, only heard of her, but he hopes to see her around. Flint's ears perked up as Jack complained of the weather. Chuckling, Flint sat down to listen to their banter. As they spoke, he licked a paw, and ran it over his light brown head. When it was Flint's turn to speak, he paused mid stroke, and sat his paw on the ground. "I've been okay, it's kind of lonely cooped up inside all day," he confessed , glancing back over the fence. "It's been quite warm, yes, but I much prefer a bit of chill. Flint thought about how it would be, living out in the wild with no twolegs to warm you up if you got too cold. Exhilirating, he bet. Flint stood up and shook out his pelt, relieving the excitement of the thought. "I wonder how those feral cats live," he spoke up, changing the topic to hear their thoughts on the matter.
“Indeed. It was much better than that dry pellets that our owner puts in our dish.” Oliver said, his whiskers twitching, “Though, if we’re good, she’ll share some pieces of chicken with us.” Out of the corner of his eye, he could see his younger brother narrowing his eyes at him with a slight unamused frown. “Ah, yes. She shares it with us.” Jack mentioned, “In Oliver’s terms, that means taking all the food that he can stuff in his mouth before scampering off to eat it where I cannot find him.” The older patched tabby chuckled slightly at this, but did not deny that from his smaller sibling. He drew his tongue over a ruffled clump of fur on his shoulder for a moment, feeling the warm sunlight on his back as Jack took over the conversation between them and their friendly neighborhood friend, Flint. “Well, you’re always welcome at our place if you need some company. Our owner would love to give you a tasty treat while you visit.” He purred with a lightened smile to their companion for a moment. As they continuing talking amongst each other, the larger patched tomcat sat up and gave a yawn as he stretched out his front paws for a moment or two as his emerald-hued gaze flickered over to the treetops that peeked over from their view of the wooden fence. Flint’s mention of the feral cats, however, caught Ollie’s utmost attention in less than two seconds as he turned his head to the other male. “You know those two males that live down the street on the corner - Tiger and Speckles?” He asked with his tail swishing behind him as he spoke, “Well, I heard from Tiger that he used to live out in the woods before he was found by his owner and lives the good life. He said that there are large groups of wild cats out there with sharpened claws and teeth that protect their territory without mercy. Doesn’t that sound awesome?” He exclaimed and Jack shook his head. “Nonsense, I tell you.”
Old November 3rd, 2017, 10:32 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleRobin View Post
“Indeed. It was much better than that dry pellets that our owner puts in our dish.” Oliver said, his whiskers twitching, “Though, if we’re good, she’ll share some pieces of chicken with us.” Out of the corner of his eye, he could see his younger brother narrowing his eyes at him with a slight unamused frown. “Ah, yes. She shares it with us.” Jack mentioned, “In Oliver’s terms, that means taking all the food that he can stuff in his mouth before scampering off to eat it where I cannot find him.” The older patched tabby chuckled slightly at this, but did not deny that from his smaller sibling. He drew his tongue over a ruffled clump of fur on his shoulder for a moment, feeling the warm sunlight on his back as Jack took over the conversation between them and their friendly neighborhood friend, Flint. “Well, you’re always welcome at our place if you need some company. Our owner would love to give you a tasty treat while you visit.” He purred with a lightened smile to their companion for a moment. As they continuing talking amongst each other, the larger patched tomcat sat up and gave a yawn as he stretched out his front paws for a moment or two as his emerald-hued gaze flickered over to the treetops that peeked over from their view of the wooden fence. Flint’s mention of the feral cats, however, caught Ollie’s utmost attention in less than two seconds as he turned his head to the other male. “You know those two males that live down the street on the corner - Tiger and Speckles?” He asked with his tail swishing behind him as he spoke, “Well, I heard from Tiger that he used to live out in the woods before he was found by his owner and lives the good life. He said that there are large groups of wild cats out there with sharpened claws and teeth that protect their territory without mercy. Doesn’t that sound awesome?” He exclaimed and Jack shook his head. “Nonsense, I tell you.”
Flint chuckled as the two exchanged playful banter while replying to his statement. What good brothers they were! And what good neighbors! Inviting Flint over for a bite to eat? How kind! Their Housefolk were kindly folks as well. Although the tomcat could not understand the Twoleg, he could understand their facial expressions and chirps. Flint blinked as he remembered the topic he brought up not too long ago. Flint's eyes began to glitter with excitement. "That doesn't sounds awesome.. it sounds amazing!" Flint turned to Jack with a bright expression. "Open your eyes, Jack! Imagine living out in the wild with mice instead of that dry, nasty, crunchy food. Imagine waking up to the birds chirping instead of the television running. Imagine smelling the scents of the morning air instead of Twoleg food," he rambled excitedly. He was about to go on, but the squeak of a door and the scrabbling of paws made him stop. Ginger was outside. "Flint! Flint! Where are you? What are you talking about?" Flint frowned. Could his friends understand the yapping dog? Flint knew he could, but dogs had a slightly different tongue than cats do. "Over here, Ginger, I'll be back later," he called back.

Last edited by Role; November 3rd, 2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old November 4th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocus Pocus View Post
Flint chuckled as the two exchanged playful banter while replying to his statement. What good brothers they were! And what good neighbors! Inviting Flint over for a bite to eat? How kind! Their Housefolk were kindly folks as well. Although the tomcat could not understand the Twoleg, he could understand their facial expressions and chirps. Flint blinked as he remembered the topic he brought up not too long ago. Flint's eyes began to glitter with excitement. "That doesn't sounds awesome.. it sounds amazing!" Flint turned to Jack with a bright expression. "Open your eyes, Jack! Imagine living out in the wild with mice instead of that dry, nasty, crunchy food. Imagine waking up to the birds chirping instead of the television running. Imagine smelling the scents of the morning air instead of Twoleg food," he rambled excitedly. He was about to go on, but the squeak of a door and the scrabbling of paws made him stop. Ginger was outside. "Flint! Flint! Where are you? What are you talking about?" Flint frowned. Could his friends understand the yapping dog? Flint knew he could, but dogs had a slightly different tongue than cats do. "Over here, Ginger, I'll be back later," he called back.
“He’s right, you know.” Oliver said with a slight purr in his tone, “Open your eyes, brother, and widen your horizons. Can you imagine us being strong, fierce feral cats?” The patched-furred tomcat exclaimed these words with clear excitement and wonder in his tone as he seemed to speak of living in the forest like it was some grand adventure. Jack couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at the two males that were so enthusiastic about life outside the fences. He could not relate with these thoughts, only thinking about the dangers that lurked out there. His older brother seemed to forget the struggles they had gone through with their other littermates when they were much younger and did not live with their current human. He, however, decided that it would be best not to be a stick in the mud, as Oliver often teased him, and give them both the benefit of the doubt. When the male opened his jaws to speak though, all words were drowned out immediately by the abrupt yapping words of a dog from Flint’s yard, the canine hidden by the wooden fence, but their speech loud and clear as day. It made Jack’s ears flatten and Oliver uttered a chuckle of amusement. “It must be such fun to share a home with them.” The slightly larger tomcat teased their neighbor while eyeing them, “Before we moved here with our owner, our old home had a few more twolegs in it with ours and they owned several dogs.” With that being said, Jack decided to but into the conversation now. “Oh, yes. It was a true nightmare. All the constant barking when they would leave us alone with them, especially Lucy and Jasper! They would never shut their muzzles.” The older brother’s whiskers twitched at his sibling’s words about the dark-furred dog named Jasper and the tall, white-furred dog named Lucy that had lived with them long ago. “Indeed, it was difficult to take naps at times.”
Old December 3rd, 2017, 08:16 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
“He’s right, you know.” Oliver said with a slight purr in his tone, “Open your eyes, brother, and widen your horizons. Can you imagine us being strong, fierce feral cats?” The patched-furred tomcat exclaimed these words with clear excitement and wonder in his tone as he seemed to speak of living in the forest like it was some grand adventure. Jack couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at the two males that were so enthusiastic about life outside the fences. He could not relate with these thoughts, only thinking about the dangers that lurked out there. His older brother seemed to forget the struggles they had gone through with their other littermates when they were much younger and did not live with their current human. He, however, decided that it would be best not to be a stick in the mud, as Oliver often teased him, and give them both the benefit of the doubt. When the male opened his jaws to speak though, all words were drowned out immediately by the abrupt yapping words of a dog from Flint’s yard, the canine hidden by the wooden fence, but their speech loud and clear as day. It made Jack’s ears flatten and Oliver uttered a chuckle of amusement. “It must be such fun to share a home with them.” The slightly larger tomcat teased their neighbor while eyeing them, “Before we moved here with our owner, our old home had a few more twolegs in it with ours and they owned several dogs.” With that being said, Jack decided to but into the conversation now. “Oh, yes. It was a true nightmare. All the constant barking when they would leave us alone with them, especially Lucy and Jasper! They would never shut their muzzles.” The older brother’s whiskers twitched at his sibling’s words about the dark-furred dog named Jasper and the tall, white-furred dog named Lucy that had lived with them long ago. “Indeed, it was difficult to take naps at times.”
Flint smiled as Oliver spoke. Seeing the setting sun every day, hearing the cricket's songs, all of those images in the tom's mind sounded incredible. Flint blinked as he was spoken to. "Ah, yes, living with Ginger is.. exciting," he began with a light-hearted snicker. "She can be a bit of a handful when she gets lonely. I may need to go home." Flint wistfully looked at the sky, imagining life as a feral. Roaming the forests seemed a bit.. scary to Flint. What about.. open fields? Yes, that sounded better. Running up and down the hills, running through grass, smelling the scent of heather, he could almost see it. An idea began to form in Flint's mind. It shaped and worked its way through his train of thought until it was the only thing he could think about. Then, he presented it. "Say.. how about we leave our twolegs and go on an adventure tomorrow," Flint bravely proposed, eyes glinting mischieviously. "I'll give you two time to think." Flint bunched his muscles and leaped atop the fence, but he waited for a reaction.

Last edited by Role; December 3rd, 2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old December 17th, 2017, 03:57 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Flint smiled as Oliver spoke. Seeing the setting sun every day, hearing the cricket's songs, all of those images in the tom's mind sounded incredible. Flint blinked as he was spoken to. "Ah, yes, living with Ginger is.. exciting," he began with a light-hearted snicker. "She can be a bit of a handful when she gets lonely. I may need to go home." Flint wistfully looked at the sky, imagining life as a feral. Roaming the forests seemed a bit.. scary to Flint. What about.. open fields? Yes, that sounded better. Running up and down the hills, running through grass, smelling the scent of heather, he could almost see it. An idea began to form in Flint's mind. It shaped and worked its way through his train of thought until it was the only thing he could think about. Then, he presented it. "Say.. how about we leave our twolegs and go on an adventure tomorrow," Flint bravely proposed, eyes glinting mischieviously. "I'll give you two time to think." Flint bunched his muscles and leaped atop the fence, but he waited for a reaction.
Both of the young patched tabbies gave softened chuckles at their neighbor’s words, giving nods of understanding. Oliver’s ears twitched silently though when Flint mentioned having to go home now because of the canine known as Ginger. “Aw, that’s a shame. We were hoping that you’d stay a little longer and exchange some stories.” The older tomcat remarked with a short exchange of looks with his younger sibling, who gave a smile in return, but did not say anything about it - knowing that it was a reasonable reason to have to return home. Jack, instead, lifted his head to gaze up at the sky that stretched overhead, wondering if the weather would stay this peaceful for awhile. Flint’s next words, however, caught the attention of both males at the same time, making both pairs of green-hued eyes look at the other tomcat with surprise. It took Oliver about three seconds for his expression to turn from shock to curiosity. “That sounds like a great idea! I’ve always wanted to see what was beyond the fence. It would be certainly something to see if those old bags of bones down the street were telling the truth about the woods out there.” He said with a warm purr and swish of his tail, but Jack, on the other paw, looked concerned and almost worried at this suggestion. “Wait.. Leave our housefolk? Like, permanently?” The smaller patched tabby mewed, the thought alone sounding terrible to him, but Oliver simply rested his tail on the other male’s shoulder, “Of course not, brother. We’ll just be going out for a little while and have a taste of the good outdoors.” Oliver exclaimed, casting a small wink at Flint, “We will meet you on the back of the fence tomorrow morning.” He said this with confidence, which only worried Jack more, but he decided to trust his sibling and just looked off at the glass door that was the back entrance to their home from across the yard.