Today 11:39 AM
Closed Thread

Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:34 AM
among us

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameleaf View Post
Skyfeather growled in pain and lashed his tail free of her grip. “Oh, I see, you just don’t know when to quit, do ya?” The tom raked his claws down her flank and released her. He balanced on Firepaw’s and kicked her in the side, sending her flying across the clearing. “That should teach you a lesson!”
[writers block]
Shallowpaw flew along the clearing, just out of paw’s reach from the ground StarClan help me! she silently wailed in her head. She was flying toward a rock. Maybe I can stop myself here! She extended out a paw to stop herself at the rock. But Skyfeather had launched her so fast that the paw did nothing to stop her, instead breaking on impact with the rock. Shallowpaw let out a high-pitched wail of pure terror and pain. Great StarCln, my leg is broken! she hissed in her head. “How could you do this to me? You broke my paw, you small-brained fool!” she spat at Skyfeather. “I’ll never walk again, thanks to you.

Click the eggs!
Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:52 AM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

Skyfeather walked up to her, his eyes narrowed, head held high and tail tip flicking. “I hope you learned your lesson.” He meowed. “This is why you shouldn’t fight full grown warriors, mouse-brain.” He glanced around at the fighting cats. “Now that you can’t run, you’re stuck here. And there’s nothing you can do about it!” He growled, thrusting his muzzle into her face, so close that their noses almost touched. “Now what, stupid apprentice. You’re alone, no one to defend you. I could kill you if I truely wanted, I’m sure you know this already. So, what will you do? Keep fighting, despite the broken paw, or try to limp away?”

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; February 23rd, 2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:07 AM
among us

Quote:
Skyfeather walked up to her, his eyes narrowed, head held high and tail tip flicking. “I hope you learned your lesson.” He meowed. “This is why you shouldn’t fight full grown warriors, mouse-brain.” He glanced around at the fighting cats. “Now that you can’t run, you’re stuck here. And there’s nothing you can do about it!” He growled, thrusting his muzzle into her face, so close that their noses almost touched. “Now what, stupid apprentice. You’re alone, no one to defend you. I could kill you if I truely wanted, I’m sure you know this already. So, what will you do? Keep fighting, despite the broken paw, or try to limp away?”
Shallowpaw looked up at him, truly terrified. “I can’t limp... I can’t fight...
Why did Skyfeather do this to her? She wanted to flay him alive for what he did, but then she remembered her hopes of being a medicine cat and started to cry. “This wouldn’t have happened... if I was a medicine cat... My true dream... I didn’t want to be a warrior apprentice...” She shook her head to clear his thoughts. “You know what you’ve done, right? Now I can’t even be a warrior, let alone a medicine cat. Im finished. I’m done.” She meowled, her crying growing harder.

Click the eggs!
Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:30 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_tail View Post
(Whoops! Sorry about that^^)
Brokencreek hadn't expected Passionblaze to be so quick on his paws. He fell back, shielding his face from the claws raking along his fur. His hind leg slipped in the mud, almost causing him to lose his balance. For the first time, worry slid its way along his thoughts, but he banished his doubts with a shake of his head. A little mud won't stop me.

Though he tried to shove his concerns out of his mind--for Silverpelt's sake, I'm in a battle!--he couldn't help but notice the ferocity of the raindrops hammering his thin coat of fur. StarClan's wrath was not one to be reckoned with, and he knew the Clans would have to answer to this eventually.

Caught off guard, he had no time to duck Passionblaze's blow. His claws raked across his face. Brokencreek spat in fury as blood trickled down his cheek and mixed with the raindrops running down his fur. He shoved himself to his back legs, his claws gripping the mud, and swiped at the ThunderClan deputy.
Rain was always a delight to Passionblaze, but fighting in heavy rain? It wasn’t an easy thing to do. The weather conditions wasn’t ideal for the purpose. His fur was matted down, rain dripping in his gaze and blurring it for a moment. As Passionblaze spring forward to cast another hit, he was pushed back with a sharp sting from the other tom’s claws. Giving him good long scratches on his face. Passionblaze let out an infuriating growl. Bad timing for it to be storming this hard... the acidic rain dripping on the scratches left on his face, burned even more, but with loss of feeling and a numb mind, Passionblaze found it hard to notice it.

When the battle was over, he’d notice it. All the pain this battle physically beat into him. For now, the rain couldn’t stop the fight so through a blinded vision, Passionblaze lowered himself onto the ground, swiftly slipping forward to drag a claw against his opponent’s side. Lowering himself to the ground made it a bit easier to see, but not as easily it would be in daytime. Or, a day that had cleared skies. The water was building up, he could feel the puddles covering his paws.

Covered in bruises, dust, mud, and blood was not a pretty sight when the rain was the final piece of art that drenched his pelt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Cranewing narrowed her eyes at the Shadowclan warrior’s snarled words. She wasn’t intimidated. The adrenaline and anger of the battle drowned out her logical thoughts and smothered the little fear she had within her mind. Logistically speaking, winning a battle with someone so different in height and power would be nearly impossible. However, she had the advantage of speed which could make her victorious in the end. It was far more likely that she would fight him off long enough to engage in battle with a different cat so he would also move on. Perhaps she should’ve gone on defense, but Cranewing’s philosophy was that the best defense was a good offense. With that in mind, she ignored his threat and leaped, catching her claws on his shoulder to turn herself up into his back. The warrior’s snapping jaws missed her closely, but his heavy paw hit her squarely in the flank. All the air was pushed for Cranewing’s lungs as she was thrown off of the other cat. She hit the ground with a heavy thud and lay stunned for a moment. Her mind screamed at her limbs to move before her opponent could pin her, but she was still dazed. Finally, she regained movement and Cranewing scrambled to her paws and backed away from the other warrior to organize her thoughts and assess her wounds. Blood was still trickling from her ear and a new gash on her forehead poured the sticky substance down the side of her head. The shoulder she’d landed on was starting to hurt terribly but no wound was visible. Cranewing worries that there was some type of internal injury that the adrenaline masked, but she decided to deal with it later. The tom’s blow had been mostly with his paw pad, but some claw marks still bled on her side. Letting out a low growl, Cranewing lunged again with her claws aiming for his face.
One thing Honeythistle knew that the pain in his back was not an hallucination. It burned more than ever and only made him furious. For a small little thing, this Thunderclan she cat sure was coming back for more. Especially toward a cat who was - what? - double her size? Honeythistle had to smack her away with a heavy paw because if he hadn’t, she would have a good advantage at being exposed to his back. The claw marks still hurt, but Honeythistle forced himself to shake the pain away. His opponent was on the ground once more, which gave more the reason for Honeythistle to finish the battle here. Then again, it wouldn’t have been any fun to stop a battle that just began. After all, this Thunderclan cat had attacked one of his mates - no one was supposed to hurt any of his queens of kits. Honeythistle wanted to make her feel more than pain...if that was possible. He didn’t want to kill her; he wanted her to suffer strongly until she felt the need to be put out her misery. So, he waited for her to get back up and when she did, Honeythistle did not expect for her to aim for his face. He dodged the wrong way, and colliding sharp claws slightly reopening an old wound that he gained moons ago. It made him jump back, hissing in agony. The diagonal gash that stitched his face made him feel that it was being ripped apart once more. Little crimson droplets coated the ground. Honeythistle didn’t even take much time to recover because he was charging once more, swiping claws to meet the side of her neck.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:50 PM
Might disappear again

Skyfeather lifted a unsheathed paw and raked his claws across her side. “Heh, you really are worthless...” He sat down, tail still flicking. “You know... This would have never happened if you hadn’t come.” The tom flattened his ears and shook his head. “I’m sorry it had to be this way, Thistlepaw.” Skyfeather glare at the shecat through narrowed eyes. “But you-” He pricked his ears as she spoke. “I... What?” He shook his head to clear his thoughts and stared at the apprentice in shock. “Oh my StarClan! I’m so sorry!” He crouched next to the apprentice and looked at her with sympathy in his eyes. “I didn’t mean to! I... I thought you were someone else and I wasn’t thinking straight, I’m very sorry! I didn’t mean to break your leg!”

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; February 23rd, 2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:57 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgefur View Post
[ooc: Oof, you do well with your post size! ]

Twiglike limbs flailing as he scrambled out from underneath the ThunderClan apprentice, Stiltpaw's heart beat headily in his ears, drowning out the hisses and yowls of his clanmates until they were not much more than white noise. He didn't know the feeling of a good fight like the she-cat did, adrenaline had begun to kick in but what skill might grow from it was less tactful, more instinctive and self-preserving than what an older, trained apprentice might experience. In the dim light, darkening more as storm clouds set upon them, the tom's pale orange eyes were giant, owl-like, with pupils so big they could rival a bramble berry. Set in a skinny but tall frame, he must have looked particularly strange. His opponent too bushed up her coat and tail, and at her sharp hiss the tom managed a high-pitched warning growl.

"Frog-dirt!" Was all that Stiltpaw hissed in retort, before he put his weight on his haunches, lean muscle of his body taut, and drew up his forepaws in a boxing manner. With claws drawn from their sheaths, the young ShadowClanner quickly threw out a hit with one paw, trying to aim for the she-cat's nose while keeping the other paw ready to strike a second blow.
{Oh, thank you >.<" Was actually worried it might not be enough haha!}
Everything around Raccoonpaw faded into a blur and the very sounds seemed to be blocked out of her ears, everything being focused on the apprentice in front of her and the small area they around themselves to fight. She found it useful to block out everything around her and focus solely on this conflict, though it did leave her open to attack if any other Shadowclan apprentice decided to jump in, or even a warrior. However, she forced herself to not think about that. She couldn't predict everything in a fight and she certainly didn't need to spend her time trying to do that. From her gaze, he looked nervous, like he had never had a battle before, as if he had never actually been trained to battle anyways. Was he a new apprentice? Get your thoughts back on track! Her mind yowled, forcing her to lash her tail, her claws flexing as she watched him for his next move, wanting to play more of a defensive strategy now that she had used her element of surprise.

"That's what you're going to be when I'm through with you!" She immediately yowled back in response, backing up just slightly as she saw him rearing up on his hind legs and drew up his forepaws and quickly swatted out, aiming right for her nose. It was a split second decision, but she decided to go for it. She let the strike it her nose, but then surged forward, head down, going to attempt to headbutt him in the chest, to send him sprawling backwards since he was on his hind legs, planning to start battering him once he was on the ground if her hit landed.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:17 PM
among us

Quote:
Skyfeather lifted a unsheathed paw and raked his claws across her side. “Heh, you really are worthless...” He sat down, tail still flicking. “You know... This would have never happened if you hadn’t come.” The tom flattened his ears and shook his head. “I’m sorry it had to be this way, Thistlepaw.” Skyfeather glare at the shecat through narrowed eyes. “But you-” He pricked his ears as she spoke. “I... What?” He shook his head to clear his thoughts and stared at the apprentice in shock. “Oh my StarClan! I’m so sorry!” He crouched next to the apprentice and looked at her with sympathy in his eyes. “I didn’t mean to! I... I thought you were someone else and I wasn’t thinking straight, I’m very sorry! I didn’t mean to break your leg!”
Shallowpaw snarled. "Yeah right, mouseface. I heard the Heh, you really are worthless... comment you made back there. Do you really think I can forgive you? You altered my entire life and you think sorry can cut it?!?
NO!
"

Click the eggs!
Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:23 PM
Might disappear again

Skyfeather reeled back in shock. "I... I really am sorry. I promise!" He shuffled his paws.
"I thought you were an old friend of mine, then... I couldn't think straight. I'm sorry." Skyfeather got to his paws and sheathed his claws.
He held his head high and closed his eyes. "Go ahead. Do anything you want. Claw me, bite me. I wont care..."

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; February 23rd, 2018 at 06:23 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:27 PM
among us

Quote:
Skyfeather reeled back in shock. "I... I really am sorry. I promise!" He shuffled his paws.
"I thought you were an old friend of mine, then... I couldn't think straight. I'm sorry." Skyfeather got to his paws and sheathed his claws.
He held his head high and closed his eyes. "Go ahead. Do anything you want. Claw me, bite me. I wont care..."
Shallowpaw hissed a jumble of sounds as she stared at Skyfeather. She gave him a look of distrust. "Are you really sorry?" Because if he really wasn't, she would claw him.

Click the eggs!
Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:32 PM
Might disappear again

Skyfeather nodded.
"This was an unfair fight." The tom flicked his tail. "You barely even got a hit on me..." He dipped his head, preparing himself for the blows he might receive. "I won't stop you."

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; February 24th, 2018 at 06:47 PM.
Closed Thread