Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Firefly Cove
by dino.
Last post by CallMeCrimson
Today 11:10 PM
How does WCO see you?
Last post by stardust.
Today 11:02 PM
Willow art please?
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 10:58 PM
WCO Staff Applications
Last post by Minkuu
Today 10:49 PM
✩Dreamspirit Finder✩
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 10:43 PM

Old August 27th, 2018, 01:06 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Stories dump

neat so the things up next is a story thing imcurrently in the middle of writing so it'll come out as i get the mini chapters done. mini becasue they're not the standard length of a book chapter, just the place i deem it good to end.

Chapter One: If you give a Cat some Milk

The young demigod sat on the porch of his father’s old house. Well, his now. Phoebe wasn’t there anymore, long gone with her new boyfriend. The sun beat down across the pasture, Georgia heat rippling through the air. He sat on the swing rocking back and forth, creating a breeze of his own to try and cool off.

The bird chirped over head, and out to the left he heard the whizz if cars going down the road. It was one of the few things he hated about the house, how close it was to the road. He enjoyed the nature. Obviously his father. Had too if he was so into the goddess of plants and harvest. For Vance was a child of Demeter, a Greek goddess. She was a sister to what was often called “The Big Three”, Zeus Poseidon And Hades. She wasn’t regarded as one of the mains though, cast off to the side.

It had been a month since he left camp. A month out on his own. He sighed thinking momentarily in the people he had left behind. He hadn’t broken up with his girlfriend, merely suggested a long distance thing because he knew Cleos half sister would literally tear his limbs off if he broke up with her. He didn’t know if Cleo would move on past him and find another guy. He didn’t blame her if she did. He was a depressing piece of work there was no doubt. The amount of time he had cried on her shoulder and literally begged for help from her, he wouldn’t put it past her to find someone better. He was sure Josie was coping fine. She had her prosthetic leg and was getting around. His other half siblings were functioning well in his absence. He wasn’t What held them together. Just merely one part of it.

He had to tear his mind off of it. He couldn’t keep thinking about those he wasn’t around. He had to focus on something else. He had to find another thing to fill his time with. Beside him, a Blue Abyssinian cat jumped up beside him. With a smile, Vance reached down to pet the cat beside him. Clifford was his companion, the only creature close to companionship he had. Sure he had family around, but after his dad’s funeral he didn’t want to talk to them. The further meetings they had the better. He was afraid his uncle might want revenge and put him in the ground. Again.

That was about all he had to fear out here. No monsters seeking him out thankfully. His family was a definite threat. He definitely wasn’t the favorite anymore. But no mythological creatures had come to eat his guts so that was always a plus. No chimeras eating your sibling or cyclops tearing your house apart. No giant spider sticking you to the ground for a meal. It was a paradise really. In a way.

But there was that sense if loneliness. It was a good thing he could communicate with animals. He looked to his cat, scratching Clifford’s ears rhythmically. “Good morning Cliff.” He said softly. And of course that soft gruff voice back back to his head. ‘Morning Vance. I see your still staring at the cows too they crap.’

Vance rolled his eyes. “Very funny cliff.” He grunted. He stood up, “Come on we gotta go feed them.”

‘I'm only coming for the milk you know.’

“Yeah I know Cliff.” He set off down the porch and to the pasture gate. Over the rough and loose driveway where his car was parked. He slipped in a pair of rain boots, covered in mud, or cow turds. He jumped up in the metal gate and swung both legs over, saving the trouble of opening the rusted thing.

He walked down a narrow path to the barn where the cows would be gathered to have their breakfast. The demigod looked down to see Clifford prancing around the cow patties, careful to not step in the fly infested stink piles.

The pair approached the barn and Clifford slipped into a wallowed out place in the dirt to get through. Vance laughed. “Idiot I'm just going to open the door.” He said, pulling the sliding wooden door over to step in himself. He was met by the clicking of chickens and the moaning moo of the cows. He bent down next to the door to pick up a bucket.

Unlike the old barn it was clean. About the cleanest thing in the building, considering the rotting wood and musty scent of hay that was the cow barn. There weren’t any stalls in the barn, the cows just mingled around. Thanks to his mother he had no need for them. He could simply ask the cows to hold still and he found they liked it better when he asked.

He walked over to the herd of cows smiling softly as he felt Clifford moving his tail near his legs. “Aight who’s up first?” He called out. A couple of the cows looked in his direction and one made her way over.

Your hands better not be cold.’

Vance laughed at that. “Let me know if they’re too cold. I’ll sit on them for a moment if you want”. He bent down and kneeled in the ground, reaching up to squeeze the milk into his bucket. He heard a slight hiss behind him. Vance turned, spotting his cat. “Needy.” He aimed for Clifford and gave a squeeze, the milk splattering all over Clifford’s face. He turned back and went to milking.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old August 27th, 2018, 01:27 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

Chapter Two: Lobbing a Dagger at a Stranger

Four cows done, and only two gave him attitudes this time. Then he had dealt with the chickens, and fed the cows, and then watered the garden. Farm life wasn’t all fun and shooting milk into your cat’s mouth. There were mounds of chores he had to do by himself.

But it kept him busy, and he liked that. He didn’t have time to think about anything else besides the now, and that was exactly what he needed. He didn’t want to thinks about camp,or the people there. Besides he would be 18 in a few months and he would have to leave camp anyways right? That’s at least what he told himself.

He’d done everything for the day and trudged slowly on aching feet back to the small farm house. Clifford had spent all day out with him, chasing the rooster around while Vance collected the eggs. The duo slipped through the gate and shut the door to the pasture behind them. He walked back across the driveway, kicking some loose gravel. Up the stairs of the porch and in through the screen door.

He set the two pails he had been carrying down on the kitchen counter as he came in, one for the milk and one for the eggs. He pushed his way past into the living room and glanced at the clock that showed 5:30pm. He sighed and turned down the hall to what had been his father’s bedroom and stopped in the bathroom. He flicked the light on and turned the faucet, cool water washing over his hands.

For a moment, just at the sensation of the cold water, his mind thought of Cleo, and the swims in a lake that the couple had taken together. He missed her. If he was truly being honest about it. There was no if and or but about it. He missed his girlfriend. He couldn’t call her, phones weren’t allowed at camp half blood. He could write a letter and pray to the gods that it got there. He would Iris message her, but he didn’t have any drachmas. He looked up at himself in the mirror, brown wavy hair drenched in sweat and clinging to his forehead. Dirt and straw dust covered his face, a dusting of pink from sunburn hinted at his nose and cheek.

With a soft blink, he pooled water in his hands and washed his face, rinsing the grime off. He splutter some water out of his mouth as the rest dripped off his face. HE reached over and grabbed a towel, rubbing at himself.

When he finished he left again, a sorrowful glance aimed towards his father’s bedroom and the perfectly made up bed that sat there waiting for no one. He tore his aze away and went back for the kitchen. “Alright Clifford, you want something to eat?” He called, not knowing exactly where his cat was.

“Oh yes that’d be wonderful.”

Vance stopped dead in his tracks. THe voice came from the side, probably at the table, obscured fro his view by the fridge. He had heard that outloud. Clue one to knowing it wasn’t Clifford. But it was a female’s voice. Hint number two. Clifford was most definitely a guy. Vance had checked himself when he found the cat at camp. Instinctively he reached into his pocket, pulling out the rusted pocket knife, so covered in it that it shouldn’t possibly open. But he did, and out flipped a beautiful wooden hilted dagger, the silver tinted metal glimmering. He held Arkyne steady, the dagger that had been given to him by his mother.

He held it back, poised to throw. He stepped out from behind the fridge and lobbed the weapon at the source of the voice.
(Now I know that it seems crazy when your first reaction to a stranger is to lob a weapon at them, but the life of a demigod requires that. You never know when it might be a draconae in disguise.)
And to Vance’s surprise, the woman in the chair caught the weapon. Vance gaped at her, the yellow dress that hung gently over her body. Her hair was brown, a braided crown the only thing in it besides a few leaves. Her face was soft and she gave this sort of glow.

“Oh yes I remember this. I sent it down when you were attacked by that Catoblepas.” She said with a smile. She gave it a flick and the dagger formed back into a pocket knife form. “Stil one of my favorites just for it’s simplicity.”

Vance stared. That was a bout it. He had never met a god, he’d never been chosen for a quest. THe closest he had come was Mr. D, or Dionysus. He wasn’t sure if the wine god counted though. But hey here she was, the woman Vance had so often screamed at and been angry with, even though he had never seen her.

Demeter raised an eyebrow to him, a skeptical look. “Aren’t you going to say something dear?
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old August 28th, 2018, 08:04 AM
It’s ya boi nighty

Chapter Three: An Offer I Can't Refuse

Speechless. That’s what Vance was as he stood there staring at the goddess of harvest. He tried several times to say something, but there was so much to say but yet so much he wanted to keep from her. He spotted Clifford weaving around her legs, purring crazily. He had to say something.

“What the hell are you doing in my house?”

A phrase he quickly grew to regret. Not the best first words to your mother, or a goddess at that point. He clenched his jaw in thought for a moment. “I’m sorry but it’s been 17 years since you set foot here and now that you and all your god friends have taken everything from me. After you destroyed my life, now you decide to show up? Seems like oh so perfect timing to me.” He growled.

“Vance dear, it’s not that I didn’t want you. I just couldn’t. We’re not supposed to see our demigod children.”

“Yeah well that is no excuse for taking everything from me and giving me nothing. When I was given that Counselor role you knew I would do everything to protect them. And yet you still allowed me to cut my sister’s leg off, to drive Aster away, to not be fast enough to save Ashton or Paris or anyone for that matter. Hell you wouldn’t even make it to where I could stay with my girlfriend. I’m sorry doesn’t really cut it right now.” Vance snapped harshly. This wasn’t exactly the first impression he wanted to make on his mother, but after everything that had happened, he believed that she deserved it. God or not, she had played his life into a big fat joke, and he was ready for it to end.

“That wasn’t my doing. I’m the goddess of harvest and grain, not the goddess of making sure everyone lives.” Demeter remarked, the same snappish tone evident in her voice as it was in Vance’s. “You’re the one getting mad at the gods at I highly suggest that you get over that really quickly.”

Vance uncurled his fists, noticing the pain in his palms from where his nails dug into his skin becasue of the strength he was using to clench his fist. He glared at his mother, not exactly liking her excuse. She was true, but he hadn’t known who exactly to direct his anger to, so he had just compiled it all on everyone. But that last thing that she said. HE needed to get over it. “Why?”

“Because after I so called ‘rejected you’ I’ve chosen you for something.”

There was something about that face, the smug look on it. He knew it so well because he had worn it before, but he hated it. The way she dangled this...something, over him. She would enjoy him reaching to know what it is,jumping like a small child, excited for a prize. He wasn’t going to give her that. She didn’t deserve to be amused by him. He didn’t want to amuse her. Surey she’d found enough satisfaction in his younger brother practically kidnapping him and forcing him to humiliate himself in front of his entire cabin. “I don’t want whatever you have.”

Vance turned around, walking back out of the kitchen into the living room. With a pop, Demeter stood in front of him, just a few inches shorter than him.

Demeter glared down at him, her warm golden brown gaze hard and stern. “You don’t have a choice in this. You must participate whether you actually want to or not.”

Vance kept an even glare. He knew Demeter was also the goddess of fertility and motherhood, and that side was definitely showing its nasty flare now. She was his mother and he knew he should probably respect her, but what reason did he have? She didn’t act like his mother. He hated to admit it, but Phoebe had been more of a mother to him than Demeter had ever been, and he hated Phoebe. His step mother had cared for him when his father was too drunk to do anything, she taught him how to drive, she had even taken him to Camp Half Blood. Sure things went further south later, but that didn’t matter. Relationships went bad, but he and Demeter had never had any closeness besides him being stuck in her womb for nine months.
“I don’t want whatever you have. Now get out of my house.”

“No.”

“Oh my gods. THat’s it? No?” Vance practically growled at her.

Demeter gave a nod. “It’s rude to chase a guest out of one’s house. Besides you didn’t even feed me.”

“I don’t have a fire pit bit enough to give an offering.” Vance remarked smuggly. “Besides you can’t eat, your a goddess.”

“No but it’s nice to offer. I swear did your father not teach you any manners?”

“Don’t mention him. You obviously didn’t love him enough to abandon a drunk with a baby and then never check back in again without a care what that child of yours might have been through!” He fought the urge to strike out at her. She still had his dagger and she was immortal, he wasn’t. As little as she seemed to care for him, he highly doubted that she would hesitate if she needed to strike him blind or something.

Demeter look stung. “Stupid child, you don’t know how much I care for you. I claimed you the moment you walked in that camp. I sent this dagger to you when you were helpless, not to mention all the things that you failed to notice.”

“Yeah real mom of the year award.” Vance scoffed. “Just get out.”

“I can’t. You must pack your bag tonight in the one I left on your bed. Take what you will need and I’ll be back in the morning.” Demeter said, her voice curt and hard, not wanting to be argued with anymore.

Thought Vance wasn’t about to let her win. “I’m not going anywhere. This is my Father’s house and I have things to do here.”

“Don’t pack then. I’ll take you on without anything packed, then see how miserable your life will get.” The goddess turned away, her green dress flowing swiftly after her.

“How can it get any worse?”

“Oh trust me. It will.” Demeter said, a glance aimed briefly back at him. “Seven thirty, tomorrow morning. Better be packed.”

And with that she was gone.
Old August 28th, 2018, 09:35 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

Chapter Four: Leaving for the Mountains

Vance debated long and hard that evening on what he should do. He had no doubt that if Demeter was going to take him somewhere, that she would hold true to taking him without anything packed. Then again he didn’t want to show that he was going to be a good little boy and obey his mommy. She hadn’t done anything for him, so why should he comply with her?

He sat at the table, blankly staring at Clifford in the floor as he ate his own food. Vance’s plate sat full of untouched food. He wasn’t hungry, still angry at the events of the day. The whole point in coming here was to relax. He left camp to be in peace for once, to relax and take things slow without a worry for his siblings. Now with Demeter just showing up out of the blue he had an issue. He wanted to be here in his father’s old house, his childhood home. Strangely it brought a sense of closeness to his dad. The father and son had never had a close relationship, but you never realize how much you love someone until they’re torn away from you. That was a lesson Vance had learned time and time again.

Suddenly he pushed back in his chair, nearly scaring Clifford to death. “Sorry.” He murmured to the cat as he walked back through the kitchen into the living room. He made is way to the other end of the small room, and took a left into his room. Might as well. If she doesn’t show up, good that. If she does, at least he’ll have clothes if she takes him away.

He rummaged through his closet, pulling out several shirts. His fingers landed on a bright orange sleeve. His camp shirt. With a quick decision he pulled it out and tossed it over to his bed. That was the last physical thing he had of camp. It would be with him, and he prayed that the memories of his family and friends from that place stayed with him so long as he had it.

AFter he had pulled all his clothes, Vance tediously began stuffing them all in his duffle bag. He didn’t know when he would be back, so he had roughly five outfits in the bag. Clifford came in too, watching him as he packed.

‘You’re actually going to go with her?’

Vance turned at the sound of the voice in his head. He looked at Clifford. “Not exactly. I don’t want to, but I won’t put it past her to take me anyways, regardless of what I want. I’ve heard enough from my friends about how the gods can act. Just precautionary.”

‘Yeah and what about me? Think she’ll take me too?’

“Probably. You fit in her realm of nature, I doubt she’d leave you to starve.” Vance joked. “I’m sure she knows you like your food.”

Clifford gave a growl, obviously not amused.

Vance smiled softly, reaching out to rub his feline on the head. “You know I wouldn’t let her leave you. You’re about the only company I have left. The cows don’t really count, but don’t tell them I said that.”

‘Yeah sure. I need to go out to the barn Vance I left something.’

“No you didn’t, go lay down you fuzz butt.”

By the time Vance finished packing, it was sometime after midnight. He walked back into the living room and plopped down on the couch. He reached for the remote, laying just out of reach of the coffee table. He pushed himself further to grab it, and clicked on the TV. Rarely did he ever sleep in the queen sized bed in his room. He missed his own bed at camp, and the closeness of the bunk above him. It was weird and picky, he knew, but it just wasn’t the same, not after living there for two years.
It took awhile, but he did manage to sleep at some point.

It wasn’t until a soft knock on the door that Vance woke up. He grumbled moodily And sat up, his neck stiff from his sleeping position. He looked up at the clock in the wall that read 8:35. Good grief how was this woman up so early on a Saturday. He stood up and walked back through the kitchen to the little wash room right where the door was.

Looking through the glass and screen door he saw the elegant figure if his mother. “Oh boy…” he groaned. He opened the door and without invitation, she stepped inside. “Sure why don’t you make yourself at home.”

“Are you packed and ready to go?” Demeter said, glancing around the kitchen.

Vance shrugged. “I guess. I packed my bag but I gotta go grab Clifford. Not to mention call someone about caring for the cows and chickens. Oh the garden too. You can’t let the grain die.”

She whipped around, cutting him a glare so intense Vance instantly regretted the joke.

“I’ll take care of it. Go get the bags and I’ll get your cat.”

Vance gave a nod, still a bit spooked by her mood swing. He quickly made his way back to his room and grabbed the bag off his bed. He tugged at the zippers to make sure they were closed all the way, then grabbed his father’s old navy blue hat, the emblem of the local baseball team on the front.

He walked back out to see Demeter cradling Clifford in her arms, scratching at his chin while he purred happily. With a roll of his eyes he walked past them. “Let’s go already.”

Deméter gave a satisfied little hmph and walked up to the demigod. She grabbed Vance’s arm and gave a tug.

Vance didn’t really know what was going on. It seemed like the whole world was doing flips around him. Then suddenly it stopped and he was surrounded by trees. Ambient sounds of the forest surrounded him as he stood in the leaf strewn ground.

“Wait here.” Demeter spoke up. She twisted again and was gone it a pop. It didn’t take long, but she was back again. “Alright. Now we can go.”

In that short time though Vance realized. Along with the sounds of the forest there was a bit more distant sound of children playing. He was just outside of camp Half Blood. Now Deméter was back and…

“Where’s Clifford?” He demanded. He looked around the immediate area for his cat, but the cream and gray countershaded cat was not nearby. “What did you do with him?”

“I sent him to my cabin with a note for your half siblings to take care of him. You have more important things to do than worry about him. Let’s go.”

Vance was speechless again. “No go get him. Or I will. That’s a better idea.” He spat, marching towards Half Blood Hill. He felt a pull at his arm and the ground tear away from beneath him.

He was being teleported. He pulled away from Demeter, tugging to get back to the camp hill side but he couldn’t. Something practically glued him to her touch. Finally though it stopped and Vance fell down on the ground. “Go get him!” He screamed at her, crumpled in the ground, fighting the urge to barf.

“No. Now get up you’re making a fool of yourself.” She said, bending down to grab his shoulder. She pulled him upwards, and Vance stumbled to his feet. He put a hand over his eyes, the bright light blinding him momentarily.

“What..?” He squinted his eyes, looking around him. Movement caught his gaze and he looked to the centaurs and nymphs standing there staring at him.

Wait..

They normally weren’t out in the open. Not even at camp. He turned around, seeing other Greek mythology creatures. Small winged humans floated around. Fairies dashed to and fro. Satyrs looked at him, goat ears twitching. He looked up, the land of white and gold rising up above him. He turned around seeing nothing but blue. There was some white. It was kinda fluffy looking, like clouds. Then the realization that they actually were clouds hit him.

“Oh my gods.” He whispered. He turned full circle, taking in the magnificence of Mount Olympus.