Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 05:43 PM
Claw Clash Combat...
by Bean
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 05:39 PM
A Blast to the Past [P]
by Bean
Last post by blxze.
Today 05:35 PM
Just Hold On Like You'll...
by Dark
Last post by Mica
Today 05:25 PM
Oopsie I tripped
by hades.
Last post by hades.
Today 05:10 PM

Old May 17th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Writer/artist

My Mood: Hungry
Default ~Kill the Queen~ {A wings of fire story}

Prologue

Dear Queen Mosasaur,

It has come to my attention that someone may be after you. If you get this letter, order all guards to your side to protect you at all times until I report to you that the threat has passed. I know not the name of this specific dragon, but I know they are of our tribe and are therefore currently committing treason by completing this act. Please take to accusing any dragon who has been previously taken to your court for treason.

Your obedient servant,

Stonefish

The sound of talons hitting the marble floor mixed with splashes of water filled the walkway to the queen's throne pavilion. There was a terrible storm going on just over the palace.

A dark green seawing walked into the pavilion to stand in front of a magnificent dark blue queen sitting on a glossy glass throne. A sky-blue dragonet leaned up against the throne using her wings to shield herself from the rain.

"What is it this time.. Another suitor requesting to see my daughters? I bet it isn't even a noble this time.." the queen spoke with a crisp yet slightly soothing voice.

"N-no your majesty." the green seawing held up a letter to the queen. The queen dropped the glass she was holding when she finished the letter, splattering sweet magenta wine across the cold, wet floors.

The queen turned to the first servant that came to clean up the mess. "You.. Get my animuses.". The servant bowed and flew off to fetch them.

"And you.." the queen turned to face the messenger. "Tell my guards when they wake up in the morning to get to my side." the messenger also flew off.

A small squeak of fear emerged from the dragonet. "Are you going to be assassinated mother?" she said.

The queen turned to her youngest daughter. "No.. Mommy isn't going anywhere. If anybody tries to hurt her then my guards will snap the threat's neck." this seemed to calm the dragonet. Although the queen really was afraid.
Old May 18th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Writer/artist

Default Re: ~Kill the Queen~ {A wings of fire story}

Chapter 1

Eland

Note:This chapter was written over time, and during that time, my writing style switched from 1st to 3rd person.

I am Prince Eland of the sandwings. I have been called to this kingdom by the queen herself. She did not specify why i must come, but it my mother told me it is of utmost importance. My mother, Queen Gazelle, is queen of the sandwings. She is rather new to the role, so it would make sense she sent me here right after the queen of the seawings asked her. Queen mosasaur has never been trusted, always hiding away in her palace and writing letters to strange dragons. It doesn't help that she has a PROTECTIVE MAGICAL SHIELD surrounding her kingdom that KILLS any dragon trying to get in that is not a seawing or trusted dragon. Hopefully she has lowered the shield for me and my guards.

When we arrived at the shield, a dark green seawing with splotches of a rusty color, very unusual for a seawing, was waiting for us. He introduced us to himself as Stonefish, the head of the sea palace. Then, he gave us some bracelets, one for each of us. They weren't that impressive, a strong and thick gray leather strap with the ends tied together and a chunk of blue jade in the center. As a prince, I had to raise an eyebrow. This wasn't the treatment I was expecting for royalty.

Stonefish told us that these bracelets would let us breathe underwater when worn. My guards were a little reluctant to put them on, but after they were all tightly on our wrists, Stonefish led us underwater.

I was amazed when I opened my mouth. The bracelets worked! I signaled to my guards that it was safe. When we reached our first town, I realized that seawings weren't reclusive spies, but great dragons of culture. Shops and restaurants littered the streets. Stonefish took us into a cafe called “The ocean floor cafe” which served the best fish I had ever had.

We traveled through a few more towns until we reached a strange tunnel. My guards raised their spears to protect me if it was a trap, but I assured them i felt safe. We swam through the tunnel for quite a few minutes. The exit was a big wooden door covering up the hole to what was beyond it. I turned around to reassure my guards of my safety and what I saw when I faced forward again was beautiful

It was your stereotypical princess palace, but smaller and a lot more pretty. It looked like the palace was made of pearl. Of course i wouldn't know being a Sandwing prince. My eyes travelled down until i saw the face of a new dragon staring right at me.

"You here to marry me? Because im not interested." it was a smaller than normal pale blue Seawing. I was honestly flustered when she said that.

"N-no. Im here on important tribe relations business." i stuttered. That's just about when i saw the tiara of this dragon's head. "Oh... Sorry, princess.."

"Don't you be kissing my tail unless you want a slap across the face." her pathetic high-pitched voice hurt to listen to, but i had to be like a true prince .

"S-sorry ma'am. My name is Prince Eland. Your mother requested me to be here." he held out a talon for her to shake.

"Seagull. Princess Seagull." she rejected his friendly jesture and started walking twords the palace.

"Welcome to the nightmare kingdom."
Old May 19th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Writer/artist

Chapter 2
Clam

A young green Seawing hurried down the narrow dark passageways of the Sea palace. Her aqua colored stripes and swirls lit up, illuminating the silver platter she was carrying wich had a variety of sweets and baked goods stacked on it. Another seawing zoomed past her, almost knocking the tray out of her grip. The seawing brushed it off and continued down the passageway until she reached a pale purple silk curtain that led to the outside world. She walked through the curtain and into the guest dining area.

The seawing wore a pink and white checkered kerchief around her neck, signalling that she was a palace waitress. However, all the waitresses at the palace were attractive females.

"Hey~" a visiting sandwing solider winked at her. Other soldiers said and did things similar to this as she walked through the pavilion. Some even reached out and tugged on her kerchief.

She responded by simply giving a shy smile or wave and walking away. She was used to this, it happened almost every day where visitors came to the palace. All of the hired waitresses were mature and single females, but sadly, she was only six.

Her father had lied about her age to the queen because they needed the money. Her father was captain of the royal guard, but the royal guard got paid more in physical and mental scars than in coins.

The seawing royal family has been known as the cruelest in pyrrrhia since the death of Queen Tsunami many years ago. There has been so much murder, abuse, and torture in the family that some believe it's cursed.

"Excuse me, do you need something miss?" Clam snapped out of her thoughts and was so surprised by this that she dropped the group's drinks.

"I-im so sorry.. I can get you new ones.." she set the tray she was carrying on the table and picked up the now empty glasses.

"It's okay, another servant got us drinks before you got here. Hey, what's your name?" Clam looked up and blushed out of nervousness when she saw who was talking.

"Clam.. Y-your majesty.." 'Prince Eland! How could i embarrass myself in front of him?!' she thought as she tried to ignore that he looked nice and friendly and.... Kinda cute. She hurried off soon after.

----------

"Was he handsome? Was he nice to you? Did he act like those disgusting soldiers?" Clam was laying on a large sack of flour in the palace kitchen with a crowd of servants around her. She closed her eyes and described him for them.

"Oh, he was so dreamy.. Compared to the other sandwings, he was a rose among thorns..." she was interrupted by Gabby, who's name fit her like a glove.

"Sorry to ruin your dreams, sweetheart, but your father has you set to marry the owner of the national art gallery once you turn seven. And let's not forget that your hatching-day is in a few weeks.." nobody really knew gabby's real name, as she came here a few moons ago and refused to be called anything else. Clam was grateful that Gabby's job was cleaning so that she didn't have to deal with her.

"Hush, Gabby." this however, was a much kinder voice. It was the voice of Bayou, known by the servants as Mother Bayou. Bayou used to be a mudwing slave back when they were legal in the seawing kingdom. When the mudwings were freed back into their kingdom, Bayou stayed at the palace, having made close friends with all of the palace servants. "Im sorry dear, but gabby is right. You cant marry a prince.."

Clam closed her eyes again and sighed, wishing she had a chance.

----------

"Clam dear, can you please take these to Seagull's room?" Mother Bayou handed a basket full of freshly washed bed-sheets, blankets, and pillow cases. It had been a few days since the sandwings arrived and clam was back to doing chores. Clam could feel warmth radiating onto her cold face from the basket.

"These are warm.. Did you press them?" Bayou responded with a nod. In order to keep cloth warm and soft, bayou would take a heated rock and gently drag it along the cloth slowly. She had been doing this for years and the royals still wondered why their beds were so warm at night.

Clam headed off into the passageways. She walked a little, went up a staircase, and walked some more until she got to the hallway where the princesses stayed. The first door to the left had a plaque that read "Seagull", Clam's destination. She knocked on the door. No response. She asked if anybody was there. No response. Usually this meant that the princess wasn't in the room so she could walk in freely. She took out her key to the room and slowly opened the door. What she saw made her let out an ear-piercing scream.
Old May 20th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Writer/artist

Chapter 3

Hammerhead

There were two types of dragons that made up the Seawing Royal Guard. Sailors who's ships were currently in another kingdom, and young males who had been forced into the position against their will. Hammerhead, however, belonged to neither of these groups. He had been a member of the royal guard since the reign of Queen Abyss, and had been promoted to Captain a moon before her death.

Every night at the guard house, the young males would surround him and smoke cigars as they pestered him about his missing eye and his dead wife. Queen Mosasaur never listened to Hammerhead's complaints, and sometimes it got to the point where he considered ending it all himself as his wife had done 5 years before.

This particular night was rather quiet, as visiting Sandwing soldiers were staying at the guard house. The Soldiers were rather aggressive and didn't want to hear Seawing sea shanties. All was silent, until a palace messenger came running into the inn screaming "Wake up wake up! A scream has been heard and the queen has requested her first responders to investigate!". The messenger carried a high-pitched bell that he rang outside of the guard's rooms.

Before the messenger could get to all the rooms, Hammerhead and the guards were heading to the palace. They had access to the servant tunnels, but the younger guards were reckless and knocked down the smaller passageways. By the time they reached the princess's hallway, the guards were arguing, but they went silent when they saw Princess Seagull's door open and they went silent. Hammerhead approached the door and looked inside...

There was Clam, Hammerhead's daughter, standing over the gory corpse of Seagull and holding a bloody knife.

----------

"Please, your majesty.. Let my daughter go.. She did nothing wrong.." Hammerhead was standing before Queen Mosasaur herself, who was dressed in black in preparation for her own daughter's funeral.

"Pathetic Abyss supporters and their lies.. Your daughter obviously killed mine. Look at the evidence. Who knows, maybe you were involved?" the guards next to her, two of Hammerhead's best friends, raised their spears at him. "Clam's execution is scheduled a moon from now."

"B-but i-" he decided to stop before he was imprisoned as well. He could only have one visit to her, and he decided to do it today.

----------

Hammerhead received aggressive glances from dragons as he walked to the Seawing capital's prison. It was very large and housed many dangerous prisoners. He had to go through a lot of security to get to his only remaining family member.

Clam was in an empty room with chains binding her wrists and ankles together. A black collar was tightly around her neck, enchanted to shock her when she did anything suspicious. The only thing separating her from her father was a window of thick glass.

"I... Never thought I'd see you like this..." He put his left talon up to the glass.

"I never expected me to end up like this either... But you have to listen to me, I didn't kill the princess.." Clam replied, receiving a small shock that she seemed to ignore.

"I believe you." everything was silent for a moment until Clam started shuffling over to the glass, receiving a series of small shocks.

"I love you dad." Clam reached the glass and received a slightly bigger shock. Once again, she seemed to be ignoring them. "Just one request.."

Clam suddenly slammed her fists onto the glass, receiving a medium shock. She repeatedly pounded on the glass as hard as she could screaming "GET ME OUT OF HERE! GET ME OUT OF HERE! I'LL DIE IN HERE!". Sparks flew like wild as she was sent several hard shocks. Hammerhead stumbled back in horror before she put a crack in the glass and he witnessed a scene so horrifying it would haunt him for the rest of his days.

Suddenly, Clam stood on her hind legs and spread out her wings. Her glowing stripes turned on and glowed as bright as they could and her eyes turned white. Electricity shot out of her collar and seared the scales around it, exposing flesh.

Clam then collapsed, the exposed flesh burnt and her stripes flickering off. Smoke escaped from the collar, showing that she was shocked so badly that the shocker on it burst. Guards then came rushing in and dragged Hammerhead away, not letting him see what they did to his daughter next.
Old May 24th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Writer/artist

Chapter 4
Obsidian

Prince Obsidian was what his mother called "A disgrace to the Nightwing royal family". Well, how would you feel if your son revealed all of your family's dark secrets to the kingdom? So, because of his actions, Obsidian had been kicked out of the Night Kingdom and couldn't come back until he found a royal wife.

----------

Every time a new royal suitor comes to the Sea Kingdom, Queen Mosasaur hosts a masked ball for them. Obsidian was not the Prince the newest one was honoring, nor was he invited, but he got in anyway because of his status.

"Our apologies for not putting you on the list, Prince Obsidian of the Nightwings." the guard dragon opened the door to the ballroom for him with a shaky talon.

The ballroom was a magnificent one with marble walls and a round ceiling supported by golden columns. In front of every one of the tall windows and their dark purple curtains were tables and seats for conversation. And at the front of the ballroom was one giant silver throne with 9 smaller thrones surrounding it each sporting their own theme. Although, all of this stuff was rather hard to see with all of the dancing dragons. Everyone stopped when a short green seawing stepped onto the platform where the thrones were.

"If i could have everyone's attention." the seawing's voice was rather loud for his size. "The heroic Queen Mosasaur and her 9 daughters will now be entering the ballroom."

A Seawing just a little smaller than Obsidian's mother emerged from a door behind the platform followed by 9 beautiful females and.. A sandwing? It took a moment for Obsidian to recognize the sandwing as Prince Eland. He gave a little wave to the fellow prince as the royalty sat on their thrones.

After that, the room was silent for a moment before the dancing continued and Obsidian was once again trapped by a blur of green and blue. He slowly made his way to one of the conversation areas and sat there, alone. There were some untouched drinks on the table, wich he drank as quickly as he could.

"Excuse me, do you have anyone to dance with?" a seawing in a white dress stood at the end of the table. She looked fully grown, but also was the size of a 5 year old.

"How old are you?" he asked, trying not to be creepy. It was then that he noticed a black and brown leather collar around the seawing's neck. It had a rather peculiar looking block of metal on it that looked like a mechanical device.

"Just turned 7 a few days ago. Legal drinking age, if that's what you were wondering." she noticed the nightwing glancing at her collar. "I only talk about this to those who are close to me. But i suppose this is a good place to get to know other dragons. Wanna dance?" she held out her talon for him.

Obsidian had never been asked to dance by anyone and he surely wasn't used to dancing with someone much shorter than him. But hey, possible wife? "Sure.." he took her talon and led her to the dance floor.

Dancing felt much more free than he had expected it to be. It felt as if he was floating in air, each graceful step landing on a soft cloud. The dance also made him see how beautiful the seawing he was dancing with was. "What's your name?" he asked, almost dreamily.

"Clam. What's yours?" the Seawing almost stumbled as she said this, unable to focus on both talking and dancing.

"Obsidian. Prince Obsidian of the nightwings." he held her talons tighter incase she stumbled again. "Here, why don't we go to my room. I have a knife in there that can get that collar off."

----------

Obsidian rummaged through his bag while Clam looked around his room. "Here." he finally took out a large pocketknife with a sharp, thick, silver blade. "Come here so we can get back to dancing as fast as possible."

Clam did as she was told and stood still as the blade was slid under the collar. The brown leather was tugged at for a bit, then rips started to be heard. Eventually, a loud rip was heard and Clam fell forward as the collar fell to the floor.

Obsidian instinctively wrapped his forearms around her to stop her from falling and then there was a moment between them. Obsidian had felt the feeling of love as he had been through many relationships before, but he guessed the concept was rather new to this younger dragon. They stood there for a moment and then Clam wrapped her arms around Obsidian as he had done to her.

They embraced for a few minutes, although it felt like hours, until Obsidian released the servant. He knew his mother wouldn't approve. Clam was nothing but a poor maid.

He looked up and saw, peeking around the door, a seawing dragonet looking no older than 2. Before he could say anything, the dragonet cried "Ocean! The nightwing prince is making out with a servant!".

Obsidian paused as a large seawing bigger than him stepped into the doorway. Her violet eyes looked like a purple wildfire and her long silver horns looked like they could easily impale him. "Well Fry, I only see the prince here." The seawing boomed in a queen-like voice. Obsidian looked behind him and saw that Clam had hidden.

"Indeed, I am the only one in this room. You see, i was just thinking about home. I don't know where that silly little dragonet gets her ideas from." Obsidian tried to avoid eye contact as he said this.

"Call my sister silly again and your mother will soon receive a package with your pickled head on a platter... Fry, lets go." The dragon walked away with her sister, leaving Obsidian and Clam alone.

Clam walked out of Obsidian's closet. "That was Ocean, Queen Mosasaur's eldest daughter. She is intimidating, but not as aggressive as Great White..".

"Well, i will make sure to avoid them... Anyways, it's getting late. We better get to bed." he noticed sadness in the servant's eyes. "Hey, you can sleep with me if you want. I know the servants don't get very good sleeping quarters." He touched his snout to her cheek and began taking off his accessories so he could get to sleep..
Old July 6th, 2018, 03:09 PM
Secretly A Moon Jellyfish

My Mood: Adorable

/more, please!!

You be the one complaining when I am |GONE.|

http://huggle.jdf2.org/sig/Stareyed.png