by Ian
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:27 PM

Old August 9th, 2023, 07:23 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Once his position was corrected, Goldenpaw seemed to have little problem with the stalking and pouncing bit of her instructions. After landing on Deadmoon’s paws he seemed not so much pleased with himself as eager for her to leave him alone with her instructions, and get to actually hunting. It would appear so! she replied, a bit amused by his declaration and debating some quip about needling to say you could do something meant you couldn’t actually do it, but had forgotten the exact wording and let it lie.

Instead, she decided to let him off on his own for a bit so they could both catch something or other. Since you can, in fact, hunt, go and catch something, maybe two something’s, and then meet me back here. Don’t go too far though! maybe it was a bit weird to let him ramble away on his own after just finding him alone, but if he stayed nearby while they both hunted she didn’t really see a problem. As long as she could hear him if he screamed that he was being attacked it was all good.

Instructions given, she scented the air and headed in the direction of the sun, dropping into a crouch once she was closer to the quarry she had scented. A quick little sneak and the bold didn’t stand a chance, although it managed to get off a squeal before it died that cleared the immediate area of prey, forcing her to venture a bit farther than she had intended to come upon a mouse. Fortunately the mouse was not particularly aware, and she added it rather easily to her tiny pile, which she transported back to where they had met. #Earth @ameko
Old August 9th, 2023, 06:28 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

~~Tigerpaw~~

{ @Lillian(Fallownose) @Froggy(Cedarpaw) }

(If I did something wrong, please tell me and I'll fix it as soon as I can!)

Tigerpaw entered the territory with Fallownose to finish her punishment. I was selfish... She thought, looking for prey. She and Cedarpaw had to catch two pieces of prey.

As the tabby she-cat looked over with her only green eye, Tigerpaw spotted a rabbit nearby. She crouched, slowly approaching the rabbit, and pounced on the bunny. But it escaped her first.

Angry, she spat on the grass and chased after the rabbit. But it got away. Growling, Tigerpaw looked around and spotted a bird pecking the ground. She slowly approached the bird and tried to pounce on the bird. This time she got it, giving it the killing bite on its neck.

help choose my new cat's clan

◺--------------◿
Old August 9th, 2023, 11:50 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafie View Post

Littlepaw
semi long furred grey and white tabby ▵ She/Her ▵ 13/100 ▵ Kittysoftpaws-active, Ultimate predator-inactive
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

She stood there as she waited to see how Owlpaw would do with practicing on a stick, which wasn't long. Littlepaw watched as he prepared himself to lunge forward, but she noticed a few weird positions he was in that she didn't see Dreamlight in. She wanted to tell him but she was sure that was the job of their mentors so quiet she was. It seemed that he had missed his mark just landing barely close to the stick, oh he was close! Littlepaw was hoping that he'd still make it despite the few things that looked off to her, not everything had to be a huge mistake. Even if he wasn't looking at her she could tell he seemed ashamed of himself, she didn't understand why when it was a simple mistake, it could be fixed right? Like Owlpaw she looked over to Dreamlight to see what she would do but she wouldn't need to worry about that now. An ear flicked before she turned to look back at Leechscar as he spoke and she listened. "Okay" She gave off a nod and looked back to send a look of support to Owlpaw before she trailed after her mentor. She wasn't about to get left behind not when she might get an 'talking' about being slow or something.

@Woodlow @Moonraven @Undertaker

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Leechscar didn't turn but his ears swerved as he heard Littlepaw padding after him. He didn't think she was that loud, but it might just be his ears. He wasn't used to hunting with other cats so noise like paw steps sounded booming to him. The big gray tom paused, scenting the air, making sure they were going in the right direction, and then lowered himself the stronger the scent. "You notice how the scent is getting stronger?" Leechscar paused to give smaller tidbits of knowledge to Littlepaw, even though this should be obvious. But she's never hunted before so it was hard to say that with absolute certainty.

"It means we're getting closer. Here, why don't you take the lead?" He silently urged her not wanting her to simply follow in his shadow. "See if you can scent the rest of the trail and spot the rabbit. Be quiet though and mind your paw steps. I've made sure that we're downwind, so they don't pick up our scent. That is something you are going to have to keep in mind in the future if you go hunting without me." He advised, green eyes peering at the apprentice waiting to see how she'd take this.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old August 10th, 2023, 10:36 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Scalescar and fireflame sparred with each-other

( Open to if you want to interrupt)

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old August 11th, 2023, 12:25 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

scorchedfang

250 words / 50 pts?

A thought, pondered. "Yes." An ogre, from a time he could not place. Burning orange eyes that made his skin crawl, itch in such an unpleasant way he might have thought bugs lived within. But his pelt was clear of parasites, to his knowledge, unlike his mind. The worm-sized memories. ".. Some cats, look much better painted in their own blood." Because they deserved it. Because they caused others pain, and therefore had it coming.

Because she never cared about him, she just used him. She used him, and thought she was manipulating him, and when it came time --

when it came time...

discarded. His claws dug into the ground, feeling the soil give way without resistance. Fellcone was unhappy. Not with frozen. (Never.) "you will dry faster." He would groom him until he was satisfied Frozen would not be cold, and then perhaps some more for good measure. Fellcone was not one to cut corners.

As Frozen curled into the heather, Fellcone moved to join him. He was still on edge from being interrupted by intruders, and as such he did the only thing that made logical sense. He shifted to the point where he was partially on Frozen, securing him from the prying eyes of the outside world. No one could hurt him now. They would have to go through the stone wall that was Fellcone, and he had no qualms tearing out throats. Killing cats with ill intent was the least of his concerns.

(mine)

[ @Fawn / #air ]
Old August 11th, 2023, 01:24 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

332 words / 60 points #air
Frozenberry -

Hyper perceptive in a way he hadn't realized until it was right in front of him, Frozenberry's eyes were locked onto Falcon's claws, the way they were hooked into the ground. He wanted to poke for more, gather information, know what was happening inside his mind and really wasn't feeling nearly as threatened by this as he should be but maybe that was broken after the overload that occurred not long before. Danger sensors with Falcon were all messed up.

it could've been the way Falcon was set on grooming him despite claims that he didn't have to because nothing about . . being cared for (is that what this was?) felt intimidating. Falcon taking care of him and he didn't understand it in the slightest but let it continue (WANTED it to continue). It was one of the few physical sensations he could genuinely consider a positive experience. Didn't encounter many of those anymore.

The tiniest of raspy (tired) purrs erupted from Frozenberry, unintentional, when Falcon repositioned and took up the mantle of Guardian. It was cozy. (security, comfort. odd things that he craved and were always out of his reach.)

. . .

When he stirred, the sky was a noticeably different shade. He didn't remember dozing off, yet his fur had dried and the world showed signs of moving on without him. So, there was his answer: some point during the grooming session, he must have gotten too relaxed and fallen asleep. and.. that was an unusual reconciliation for him because he didn't sleep and when he did, there was one eye open when he knew his death could be just around the corner.

He didn't have to look to be certain that Falcon was awake. Probably. "Any more intruders?" he asked, then amended it: "Anything at all happen while I was..." He bit his tongue. Less flattering words came to mind, scolding himself for nodding off when he should only be counting on himself for protection. "..recovering?"

[ @BEAR. ]
Content + Interaction Warning
This character frequently explores themes of mental health, extreme violence, abuse, trauma, and self-harm.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old August 11th, 2023, 03:22 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

scorchedfang

200 words / 40 pts

By now, it was no surprise that Fellcone did not sleep. could not. Maybe did not try. It mattered very little to him, ears and eyes peeled for any signs of trouble. Against his will, his senses were on edge - adrenaline pumping through him, putting him on an indefinite guard. At one point, he even briefly departed to hunt to try to burn some restless energy - catching a nearby sparrow before returning to the makeshift nest, and leaving the bird by Frozen's paws. (im tired of rabbit)

So, one problem solved. Movement caught his eye, and he looked down at Frozen as he stirred. "You have breakfast." A short nod to the bird indicated where it laid, but his focus was not there. "So you slept through all the fighting? Good, I would have hated if it disturbed your rest. You need all the sleep you can get." Deadpanned, it would be hard to tell how serious Fellcone was about it. In part, he wanted to gauge how Frozen would react, but.. after a moment he did not have the heart to put him through any anxieties. "No, it has been quiet all night. Nothing has happened."

[ @Fawn ] #air
Old August 11th, 2023, 12:22 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

300words / 60pts #air
Frozenberry -

Frozenberry had initially missed the prey, waking with somewhat of a start given he was exposed somewhere out in the territory relying solely on Falcon for protection. Guess he trusted him to an extent, but that elicited uneasy feelings from within when considering their past. or, lack thereof, in Falcon's mind.

It was strange and confusing and too much for his sleep-addled state.

Shifting his attention back to the food, he debated, on the fence about it until his belly growled in reminder that it had been-- he didn't remember eating last. Bad habits demonstrated their reach in reduced appetite, a shrunken stomach, no thought paid to himself.

"What, did this just fall out of the sky?" The anxiety his in half-attempted-joke couldn't be masked, rattled by the thought of Falcon leaving him for an undetermined amount of time. mistake. he shouldn't have been. . so stupid, so naive, Falcon didn't have any obligation to keep him safe. it was nevertheless a nice gesture (one he intended to eat), but he couldn't shake the shame over falling asleep. anything could've snuffed out his life, and he would've had no idea until it was too late. stupidity and carelessness, and here he was overthinking instead of continuing to eat.

He forced himself to amend that in mechanical bites. Stopped to process what Falcon said about the lapse in consciousness (renewed concern slapping him with full force), then hesitantly resumed after casting him a wary look.

"Thanks for staying out here--with me. I don't think I could've gotten to camp." Even now, every muscle felt drained of life. Imagining the mess awaiting, Frozenberry opened himself to another wave of exhaustion. "Don't think I wanted to go back to camp, really." Chaos and bloodthirst and an imminent declaration of war.

[ @BEAR. ]
Content + Interaction Warning
This character frequently explores themes of mental health, extreme violence, abuse, trauma, and self-harm.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old August 12th, 2023, 08:49 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Hmph. Deadmoon was somewhat pleased that she had outperformed the typical competition, and let Featherpelt know it with an unduly cocky What can I say? I'm a professional! before she had to turn her attention to contenting with the numerous swipes he was aiming at her head and shoulders. She dodged around half of them, with two or three merely grazing her ear tips or shoulders, although one strike downwards at her cheek would have dug quite a nasty gash if his claws were out. Fortunately they were not, but it was a reminder that she needed to be sharper. Faster. The attempted pin by her opponent was a bit of a surprise, he hadn't shown any interest in a full tussle so far, but she decided to roll with it, quite literally.

Allowing his lunge to give quite a bit of momentum to her shoulders in a backwards direction, Deadmoon pushed off just a bit with her own front paws, hoping that this would allow her to roll onto her back and then back over again, hopefully turning his attempt to pin her back to the ground into a situation in which Featherpelt was the one with his belly to the sky. If it didn't work and she did end up like an overturned turtle, though, she planned to unleash a kick with her hind legs, hopefully driving into his lower stomach in order to take out his wind, without doing any damage to his ribs or anything. #Earth @Roo_!
Old August 12th, 2023, 09:01 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
Hmph. Deadmoon was somewhat pleased that she had outperformed the typical competition, and let Featherpelt know it with an unduly cocky What can I say? I'm a professional! before she had to turn her attention to contenting with the numerous swipes he was aiming at her head and shoulders. She dodged around half of them, with two or three merely grazing her ear tips or shoulders, although one strike downwards at her cheek would have dug quite a nasty gash if his claws were out. Fortunately they were not, but it was a reminder that she needed to be sharper. Faster. The attempted pin by her opponent was a bit of a surprise, he hadn't shown any interest in a full tussle so far, but she decided to roll with it, quite literally.

Allowing his lunge to give quite a bit of momentum to her shoulders in a backwards direction, Deadmoon pushed off just a bit with her own front paws, hoping that this would allow her to roll onto her back and then back over again, hopefully turning his attempt to pin her back to the ground into a situation in which Featherpelt was the one with his belly to the sky. If it didn't work and she did end up like an overturned turtle, though, she planned to unleash a kick with her hind legs, hopefully driving into his lower stomach in order to take out his wind, without doing any damage to his ribs or anything. #Earth @Roo_!

featherpelt - he/him - 17 moons

featherpelt felt himself be pushed backwards, not expecting this at all he lost balance and he staggered a bit. refiguring
his stance he continued to swipe at her, looking for a different opportunity. eventually he figured he could probably take her by surprise if he ran and shot off of a nearby tree or mound into her. he swiped, swiped, and swiped. finding a small opening in the combat he took off in a sprint headed right towards a surface he could twist and leap off of.

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!