ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 01:39 AM

Old August 7th, 2020, 01:54 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Although he'd managed to avoid them and tune out the home improvement crew while they were at work, soon he was face-to-face with Nightfeather, and he aimed for a polite smile that came off a bit too worn, a bit too tired. Her voice was nice and she seemed plenty kind, both soothing him to relax his shoulders. The stress of a new discussion--one he hadn't prepared for--melted away. "Oh, uh.." he trailed off, stealing a look at the herbs while he attempted to envision what kind of special storage she might be referring to, but ultimately ended up shaking his head. "I'll figure something out. Thanks for the expansions and repairs." His sentiment was to Nightfeather and the rest of the construction crew.

The herb storage...

Fawnsqueak departed from Nightfeather to resume his brainstorming session closer to the plants, staring at the craggy wall blankly as he considered how to best rearrange them if a disaster were to strike.

@The Cannibal

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old August 7th, 2020, 10:06 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

@~FoxesFire~ @Rani @TheShadowAnimal

It was kind of hard to miss when someone was worn and tired, there was that sag in their shoulders, a look in their eyes that yearned for rest, and Nightfeather understood. There was a lot going on, and she was sure there were a pawful of cats willing to help the medicine cat, but there was also the fact he didn't have an apprentice. It was his choice in the end. Though she hoped that things would get easier for him in the future, or at the very least he could get some much needed rest. He straightened himself up a bit during that conversation, but there was never really a way to hide that tired look in ones eyes. So she made sure to keep it short and not drag on a conversation that didn't need to be dragged on.
"Very well, and it is our absolute pleasure to provide these expansions and repairs. Rest easy, when you get the chance." With that being said, she'd dip her head to the tom before turning back to the small crew.

"Well I believe that concludes our work, you all are free to go. I'll report back to Lionstar that we've finished. Good job everyone." Flicking her tail lightly, she would turn around and promptly head out of the medicine cats den to do precisely what she said she was going to do.

-------
{ @Dipper }

As the black and white warrior was walking out, a blue-grey she-cat came somewhat stumbling in. Cobaltshade hadn't been seen for moons, but here she was, head spinning, a corner of her left ear missing, looking completely out of sorts. She had enough sense in her to slowly make her way over to a free nest and lay down before the undulating world around her caused her to fall over. It had begun to calm down a little, from when she first was dumped back on the beach, but she was still a bit away from having whatever was in her system flushed out.
"Lionstarrr said-to.. Come-heeree." The somewhat older warrior managed to meow out, the words a bit slurred, a bit drawn out. She had to close her eyes for a moment, get her bearings, before looking at Fawnsqueak. Was he the medicine cat- yes, he was the medicine cat before she was taken. It was nice to see him again, it was nice to see everyone again. She missed them.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?

Last edited by The Cannibal; August 7th, 2020 at 04:36 PM.
Old August 7th, 2020, 04:12 PM
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Bump Policy: After 3 days
My Mood: Tired

Whitepaw smiled and padded over to Rainpuddle, Can we battle train? She asked. { @~FoxesFire~. }
Old August 7th, 2020, 06:45 PM
Slayer To Stake

Bump Policy: 24 hours

Yes,come on! ~Rain-puddle started walking out and in the direction of the training island~ { @TheShadowAnimal }

Last edited by Astraea; August 7th, 2020 at 06:46 PM.
Old August 7th, 2020, 07:42 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

[ @Dipper ]

Eagleflower smelt the medicine den long before hey lay eyes on it. The strong herby stench struck his nostrils with such force that he found himself reeling backwards for a heartbeat. Perhaps he was overreacting. He'd always had a weak stomach. Great stars, Fawnsqueak must have the most repulsive job. He'd never known why Lionstar had placed the tom in the position anyway, seeing that the fawn-spotted warrior had no passion for herbs nor healing. But he had enough sense in him not to ask the golden-furred leader. He limped into the dim space, his eyes reaching for the new sights that welcomed him. Not to mention the new smells. Trying not to appear disgusted, he forced a straight face as he wandered into the nostril-abusing den. He hadn't seen Fawnsqueak since their "date", and he found that he missed his jokes and awkward personality. Maybe a smelly, dim den wasn't the ideal place to host a second meeting, but it was a meeting nonetheless. Ruffling his toned brown pelt, he cleared his throat to announce his arrival. It wouldn't stop his voice from sounding any less pathetic.
"Uh...F-fawn?"

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old August 7th, 2020, 08:28 PM
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Bump Policy: After 3 days

She followed them. { @~FoxesFire~. }

Last edited by Inconsistency; August 7th, 2020 at 08:28 PM.
Old August 9th, 2020, 03:04 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cannibal View Post

{ @Dipper }

As the black and white warrior was walking out, a blue-grey she-cat came somewhat stumbling in. Cobaltshade hadn't been seen for moons, but here she was, head spinning, a corner of her left ear missing, looking completely out of sorts. She had enough sense in her to slowly make her way over to a free nest and lay down before the undulating world around her caused her to fall over. It had begun to calm down a little, from when she first was dumped back on the beach, but she was still a bit away from having whatever was in her system flushed out.
"Lionstarrr said-to.. Come-heeree." The somewhat older warrior managed to meow out, the words a bit slurred, a bit drawn out. She had to close her eyes for a moment, get her bearings, before looking at Fawnsqueak. Was he the medicine cat- yes, he was the medicine cat before she was taken. It was nice to see him again, it was nice to see everyone again. She missed them.
Fawnsqueak was toting old and unused herbs to the entrance of the den for removal when he came face-to-face with.. surprisingly, Cobaltshade, and he took a step back to examine her as he observed the senior warrior stumble her way to a nest. It was shocking enough to see her here in front of him after who-knew-how-long she'd been missing, but her condition left a lot to be desired. "What even happened to you? Holy stars." His voice shook, an audible swallow following. It was possible Cobaltshade was in no condition to answer, but he couldn't help the question from spilling out, and he took a mental stock of the injuries. The excess of scents on her were stomach-churning, but he powered through, attempts in vain when there didn't seem to be any major bleeding that'd cause her disorientation. Worry gnawed at him. "Just.. rest here, I guses."

Old August 9th, 2020, 04:14 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

@Dipper

I mean it would be ridiculous to think that Cobaltshade wasn't expecting that question, the problem was explaining in detail what happened was next to impossible. There were swimming moments of consciousness and so many things she had never been exposed to before, they could nearly numb her mind. A small, half-laugh escaped her as she tried to gather her thoughts and ultimately failed. The only detail she had straight was the minute she was taken. It was one of the most terrifying moments of her life.
A small yawn parted her jaws. It felt nice to lay down here and not have to worry about escaping. That was something else she remembered, the desperate, feverish desire to escape.
Anxiety rolled off of her in waves for a moment before she closed her eyes, breathing in the familiar scents of Riverclan, and the medicine cat den around her. She didn't need to escape anymore. She was home. "Long... Story... Twolegs." The blue-gray senior warrior kept her eyes shut for now. That might help with the swimming feeling.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 13th, 2020, 02:04 PM
RIP RBG

My Mood: Embarrassed

"Fawnsqueak?" Stealthpaw pushed her head into the medicine cat's den, ow! the thorn was starting to hurt. "I got a thorn stuck in my paw."
@Dipper
<I want to be afraid of that but I'm not sure.
My internet will be very spotty sometimes so pls don't be upset if I don't see your post, or if it takes me forever to respond.
An ARP
Old August 15th, 2020, 11:11 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Lily View Post

[ @Dipper ]

Eagleflower smelt the medicine den long before hey lay eyes on it. The strong herby stench struck his nostrils with such force that he found himself reeling backwards for a heartbeat. Perhaps he was overreacting. He'd always had a weak stomach. Great stars, Fawnsqueak must have the most repulsive job. He'd never known why Lionstar had placed the tom in the position anyway, seeing that the fawn-spotted warrior had no passion for herbs nor healing. But he had enough sense in him not to ask the golden-furred leader. He limped into the dim space, his eyes reaching for the new sights that welcomed him. Not to mention the new smells. Trying not to appear disgusted, he forced a straight face as he wandered into the nostril-abusing den. He hadn't seen Fawnsqueak since their "date", and he found that he missed his jokes and awkward personality. Maybe a smelly, dim den wasn't the ideal place to host a second meeting, but it was a meeting nonetheless. Ruffling his toned brown pelt, he cleared his throat to announce his arrival. It wouldn't stop his voice from sounding any less pathetic.
"Uh...F-fawn?"
There were some cats in this clan whose presence soothed his nerves and told him everything was going to be alright, a stabilizer in a sea of turmoil. Eagleflower was one of those.

And Fawnsqueak could hardly believe his fortune as he peered to the entrance only to see him waiting there, radiant as ever, and an unconscious smile lifted his muzzle. The reaction was innate, instant. Eagleflower just sort of had that effect on cats, he guessed.

Alarmed by his own appearance, Fawnsqueak was quick to rise to his paws and swipe furious licks over his pelt, rapid and clumsy and desperate to be somewhat presentable for this meeting. He hadn't seen him in what felt like moons and that alone caused a burn of shame because he had wanted to, still did. But seeking him out felt almost.. as if it was a violation, unsure if Eagleflower would truly be open to that or if he'd been humoring him that night. "Eagleflower," he breathed, straightening out. Awed. "Oh, Eagleflower."

There was an element of mourning. He hadn't seen him in so long. He couldn't imagine he'd come in here for idle chatter, that... didn't seem likely. Idle chatter with Fawnsqueak was never sought out. Thickness in his throat, he asked hoarsely, concerned,

"Are you okay?"