"they still tell the...
by stag
Last post by dino.
Today 01:46 AM

Old May 17th, 2017, 02:17 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: ShadowClan Territory

{ @fenic! }

The icy blue orbs of the ebony tom scanned as he searched. He wanted to find prey, squirrels, voles, mice, et cetra. But to be honest, he also wanted to spot a certain molly. He'd been searching clan after clan for her, but with no luck. He wanted to talk to her, convince her to come to the Syndicate, where she belongs, ah but no, he hasn't seen her. He didn't even know if he would notice her in all honesty. Breathing in, he looked around and breathed in, and an uncomfortably close ShadowClan scent hit the tom of his mouth and he looked around for it, frantic almost. ShadowClan was known for the large cats that resided in it. Staring about, he hoped they would bypass him- until he remembered he forgot to mask his scent. Unsheathing his claws, he was ready for a fight, ready to attack, he was tense, but he tried to ease just in case he could talk his way out- but a kill on ShadowClan wouldn't hurt, would it. Smiling maliciously, he dug his claws into the ground, and and he smiled. He lowered himself, and waited.
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:25 PM

My Mood: Bored
Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Trinity's whiskers twitched.She muttered something in frustration, not being able to finish her shrew.
"Hello? Who's there?"
She tried to sound calm, but alas, she knew how dangerous it is to explore other people's territory. She did not even mind The scent border. All she wanted was shrew.
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:41 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
Wolfglare headed deeper into the territory, keeping his ears pricked and nose in the air. Suddenly he stopped, and held out his tail for Smokepaw to stop as well. He looked back at his brother, angled his ears towards a slightly trembling bush, a few fox-lengths away. "Watch." He mouthed to the younger cat, then dropped into a hunting crouch. The large tom crept across the ground, placing his paws carefully, as to not any any noise. He stopped for a moment to check the wind, and continued onwards as he confirmed the wind was blowing towards him. A squirrel hopped out of the bush, chewing on a nut. Wolfglare's eyes narrowed, and he focused in on his prey. He could no longer feel the heat of the day in his fur, no longer see the dappled shadows of the trees. It was just him and the squirrel. This is what it was like when Wolfglare hunted. He narrowed his eyes as he came closer, until he was as close as he could get. Bunching up his muscles, Wolglare leaped.

He landed squarely on the unsuspecting prey, killing it with a swift bite, cutting off it's squeal. He then picked it up and carried it back over to Smokepaw, dropping it at his brother's paws. "So, that's how you do it." He meowed, cocking his head a little. "Do you want to try now?"

Smokepaw had payed close attention to his brother's movements, taking in every detail-- every movement of his paws, the way that he stalked the squirrel, the way that he had pounced, everything. How was he supposed to be a warrior when he was doing so horribly? And yet his mentor had found him fit to pass. However that worked. Honestly, Smokepaw knew there were other uses to the Clan. He could've been a medicine cat, though that was highly doubtful. He could learn how to deal with this, become the most useful warrior that he could. At the moment it seemed like the only thing there was to do. And really, it was. What else was he supposed to do? Just hope for the best? Right, because that's gone so well for me in the past, he thought sarcastically. Glancing up as Wolfglare approached, dropping the lifeless creature at his paws, Smokepaw nodded uncertainly. "Okay..." He mewed, voice trailing off. He remembered how Wolfglare had done it. Every movement. Checking the wind. Placing his paws as carefully as possible, just as his older brother had done. Just as he had learned. A cheerful chirping came from the bushes and a sparrow hopped along the ground, singing it's excitement to the world. Smokepaw waited. And came closer. Picturing doing this exactly as Wolfglare did, he pounced. The bird was pinned beneath his paws and he killed it as quickly as possible.

"How was that?"
He asked, panting slightly, a smile on his maw.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old May 17th, 2017, 03:14 PM

Trinity gazed at the cats hunting, her eyes fixed onto the squirrel.My, my... prey is as abundant as water in a lake! Oh how beautiful this land is. Hopefully, I won't have to abandon it anytime soon...
She came to realize something. She needed to build a den for the approaching night. She started looking for feathers, moss, twigs, and anything to make a den.
She finally piled it all together in a messy clump, flattening the moss on top. She felt tired.
Well, guess I've had enough for now. Now would be a wonderful time to rest...
Old May 17th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBunny View Post
Ratpaw followed behind his mentor, his pelt seemed a bit cleaner and his eyes shone with a bit more happiness. Now that he had his close friend, Twanypaw and his mentor Bagderbite, his life felt like it was improving. He took more time to clean himself, it felt less depressed and he didn't take his mothers words as harshly as he did before. He was still pretty small and his pelt hung from him, he hadn't quite filled in any muscles or fat yet. His hazel hues looked around the territory, he hadn't really been out too far in the territory. He was taking notes of everything around him.

He stopped after he noticed the glance his mentor gave him. His ears perked as he listened to her carefully, he was excited to start to gaining some muscle. He twitched his ears at the mention of Riverclan, he had heard some tensions were running between the two Clans. While he had been observing the territory, he hadn't paid much attention to the scents around him. The young tom lifted his muzzle into the air and took in the scents around him. He could smell what he thought was mice, but it smelt a bit fresher then the mice in the fresh-kill pile.

His tail lifted into the air as he tried to detect other scents, he could smell his fellow clanmates scent but he couldn't pick out whose scent it was. He could easily smell his mentor, he could smell other faint scents but they seemed old so he shrugged them off. "I think I smell a mouse nearby, it smells kinda like the mice in the kill pile, except fresher and warmer. I smell some Shadowclan scents, but I don't think that matters." He chuckled a bit. Another scent whiffed across his nose, he couldn't place it and his hazel eyes landed on his mentor. "I smell something else but I can't place it. It smells like the mice, but different." He mewed.

"Maybe squirrel...?" She mumbled quietly to herself. Matching her apprentice's gaze, she nodded in agreement before continuing. "Squirrel." They did have relatively similar scents, but squirrel always smelled a bit more musky to Badger. Although it wasn't really her favorite prey, she did prefer mice above all, squirrel was too chewy for her, but not bad. Nodding quickly, she flicked her tail in a the general direction of where the scent lingered. "First things first, Do not expect to catch something on your first try. All my old apprentices expected too much and were sorely disappointed when they realized that it's more difficult than they thought." Badger's tone was a bit harsh, but she stopped and took a moment before continuing. "You've been much better than all those apprentices so far though..."

She offered an encouraging smile before quickly parting her jaws again, "Anyway, you aren't half bad at scenting so lets get down to the basics. We're going to track down and hunt the mouse ok? Follow my lead." Badger crouched down low to the ground, her muscles rippling against her black pelt as she glanced at Ratpaw to see what he was doing.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]
Old May 17th, 2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
"Maybe squirrel...?" She mumbled quietly to herself. Matching her apprentice's gaze, she nodded in agreement before continuing. "Squirrel." They did have relatively similar scents, but squirrel always smelled a bit more musky to Badger. Although it wasn't really her favorite prey, she did prefer mice above all, squirrel was too chewy for her, but not bad. Nodding quickly, she flicked her tail in a the general direction of where the scent lingered. "First things first, Do not expect to catch something on your first try. All my old apprentices expected too much and were sorely disappointed when they realized that it's more difficult than they thought." Badger's tone was a bit harsh, but she stopped and took a moment before continuing. "You've been much better than all those apprentices so far though..."

She offered an encouraging smile before quickly parting her jaws again, "Anyway, you aren't half bad at scenting so lets get down to the basics. We're going to track down and hunt the mouse ok? Follow my lead." Badger crouched down low to the ground, her muscles rippling against her black pelt as she glanced at Ratpaw to see what he was doing.
[Could I pop in?]
Old May 17th, 2017, 04:11 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfang View Post
{ @fenic! }

The icy blue orbs of the ebony tom scanned as he searched. He wanted to find prey, squirrels, voles, mice, et cetra. But to be honest, he also wanted to spot a certain molly. He'd been searching clan after clan for her, but with no luck. He wanted to talk to her, convince her to come to the Syndicate, where she belongs, ah but no, he hasn't seen her. He didn't even know if he would notice her in all honesty. Breathing in, he looked around and breathed in, and an uncomfortably close ShadowClan scent hit the tom of his mouth and he looked around for it, frantic almost. ShadowClan was known for the large cats that resided in it. Staring about, he hoped they would bypass him- until he remembered he forgot to mask his scent. Unsheathing his claws, he was ready for a fight, ready to attack, he was tense, but he tried to ease just in case he could talk his way out- but a kill on ShadowClan wouldn't hurt, would it. Smiling maliciously, he dug his claws into the ground, and and he smiled. He lowered himself, and waited.
Batpaw had never been the easiest cat to talk to. Padding out into the territory quietly, the black oriental shorthair's tail twitched with unease. She'd never made many friends during her kithood or early apprenticeship, nobody other than her mother, Nightleap, who she believed to be biological, and an energetic tom named Mountainpaw- though it didn't mean she hated her life in ShadowClan. She'd always felt as if she belonged here, her soul just a bit too dark for any of the other four clans, spending her time focused on training and making herself better, rather than creating friendships like many of the other young apprentices her age. However, this trip out into the territory seemed to be something rather different- she didn't find this scent to be another clan's, and she didn't know what a loner exactly smelled like, either. She had a suspicion that she wasn't alone here, and so she kept walking with her nose tipped towards the ground, her ears perked in alarm as the scent started to get stronger. Who's here?
Old May 17th, 2017, 04:20 PM

The blue she cat was unaware of the approaching apprentice, rather more, she was too busy chowing down on another catch; a blackbird, about ready to drift off into sleep.Her orange eyes barely open.
Finally, a place to call home. No need to worry about starvation, thirst, cold... Oh what a life!
Old May 17th, 2017, 04:30 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
Batpaw had never been the easiest cat to talk to. Padding out into the territory quietly, the black oriental shorthair's tail twitched with unease. She'd never made many friends during her kithood or early apprenticeship, nobody other than her mother, Nightleap, who she believed to be biological, and an energetic tom named Mountainpaw- though it didn't mean she hated her life in ShadowClan. She'd always felt as if she belonged here, her soul just a bit too dark for any of the other four clans, spending her time focused on training and making herself better, rather than creating friendships like many of the other young apprentices her age. However, this trip out into the territory seemed to be something rather different- she didn't find this scent to be another clan's, and she didn't know what a loner exactly smelled like, either. She had a suspicion that she wasn't alone here, and so she kept walking with her nose tipped towards the ground, her ears perked in alarm as the scent started to get stronger. Who's here?
He then quickly padded out into view but he froze at the site of the apprentice. He stopped, his breath nearly stopped, his heart nearly stopped at the sight of her, he was tense and on edge, but anyone would be. It was like he was looking into a mirror, minus the green eyes she held and the lack of scars. He tilted his head, eyes showing confusion, a dumbfound look on his face. She looked so familiar, and then he gasped. He squinted his eyes very slightly as if he was trying to get her image into focus. Black tail flicked behind him, blue eyes scanning every fur strand, nose taking in breaths hoping to catch the lightest Syndicate scent but she had been wiped clean. But still he took a step closer. He couldn't help but to think if it was her, she was as beautiful as her mother. He couldn't speak, he was too lost in trying to find any sign that it was her, besides the near replication of the looks. Oh speak fool! She's probably ready to tear your hide! his mind growled and he stopped taking steps. He stood a few fox-lengths away and he kept his gaze locked straight on her. Was it her? Was his mind playing tricks. He blinked once, and he heard a voice. A whisper. And it was his own.

"Mae?"
Old May 17th, 2017, 05:03 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfang View Post
He then quickly padded out into view but he froze at the site of the apprentice. He stopped, his breath nearly stopped, his heart nearly stopped at the sight of her, he was tense and on edge, but anyone would be. It was like he was looking into a mirror, minus the green eyes she held and the lack of scars. He tilted his head, eyes showing confusion, a dumbfound look on his face. She looked so familiar, and then he gasped. He squinted his eyes very slightly as if he was trying to get her image into focus. Black tail flicked behind him, blue eyes scanning every fur strand, nose taking in breaths hoping to catch the lightest Syndicate scent but she had been wiped clean. But still he took a step closer. He couldn't help but to think if it was her, she was as beautiful as her mother. He couldn't speak, he was too lost in trying to find any sign that it was her, besides the near replication of the looks. Oh speak fool! She's probably ready to tear your hide! his mind growled and he stopped taking steps. He stood a few fox-lengths away and he kept his gaze locked straight on her. Was it her? Was his mind playing tricks. He blinked once, and he heard a voice. A whisper. And it was his own.

"Mae?"
Of course, Batpaw could've stood to be a bit more stealthy with her movements, but she'd been a little too interested in this strange new scent which had appeared out of the blue. Padding closer and closer, her dark blue eyes suddenly widened with alarm as a cat seemed to appear out of the dark, someone who, though he had similar features to her, also carried a large scar down his face and his chest. She'd never met him before, but through all this stranger's scary-looking features, he didn't seem to want to hurt her. In fact, Batpaw felt a bit of an inclination to let him go on his was for just showing this much kindness towards a stranger, but she'd realized that she had to end up putting her clan first. Besides, I don't know if he's truly dangerous or not. "...What?" She spoke with curiosity, not even knowing what "Mae" meant- it sounded nice, but she didn't exactly know what the word was for. "...I don't know what a Mae is, and I'm afraid you can't be in this territory. It's ShadowClan's." She huffed, trying her best to seem intimidating despite her smaller size when compared with the strange outsider she was trying to shoo away.