Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > General Board

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Lesson in the...
by Dark
Last post by Dark
Today 03:18 AM
The Orange Tree!...
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:59 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by the kitty
Today 02:53 AM
Q & A! (With my...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 02:41 AM
Otterkit Finder
by nyx
Last post by the kitty
Today 01:58 AM

Old December 11th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: Chatbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghPenguin View Post
I thought that y'all said back when the chatbox was removed for people to not make forum threads about them but I suppose not since this is allowed and has gone on.
I don't remember them saying that...but I think they said something like "you can make your own Cbox to chat on discord or google docs" but I don't have either so I made one here! I think there were already a couple of Cboxes here before me but they weren't as popular and I guess this one just happened to get people's attention...
Old December 11th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Sienna View Post
I was playing Akinator, and my character was Bluestar. AND HE GOT IT
That happens a lot with all kind of warriors characters...cause they're well known I guess and I suppose they are slightly easy to guess...
Old December 11th, 2017, 02:50 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

NOOOOOO......Day before break last class I have a freaking test, I’m like WTH!!!!

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:45 AM
It's a double rainbow

My Mood: Tired

I absolutely love it when american politics think they can get away with making a law that basically affects the whole. wide. flipping. world.

Like, do they even think before making up these laws ?

(don't mind me, I'm just a teensy bit salty right now.)

Last edited by PeaFlower; December 13th, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old December 13th, 2017, 11:17 AM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaFlower View Post
I absolutely love it when american politics think they can get away with making a law that basically affects the whole. wide. flipping. world.

Like, do they even think before making up these laws ?

(don't mind me, I'm just a teensy bit salty right now.)
True. They currently are trying to make it so internet costs money per website like $15 an hour to use wikipedia or something.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old December 13th, 2017, 12:16 PM
It's a double rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
True. They currently are trying to make it so internet costs money per website like $15 an hour to use wikipedia or something.
Yeah, I know ... a lot of people will lose their websites, blogs and other stuff like that because of this law, and honestly, I think this whole thing will only serve to further the stereotypes of americans being like "munnayh ! There's munnay to make ! Let's go get dollaaaarzzz !!!Freedom ? What freedom ? Oh, yeah, land of the free babeh ! God bless America !" all the time, and overall just being selfish idiots.

And that's sad, because it's just that : a stereotype. Yes it has some truth behind it, but it hides all the good the US has to offer ...

Old December 13th, 2017, 12:26 PM

My Mood: Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaFlower View Post
Yeah, I know ... a lot of people will lose their websites, blogs and other stuff like that because of this law, and honestly, I think this whole thing will only serve to further the stereotypes of americans being like "munnayh ! There's munnay to make ! Let's go get dollaaaarzzz !!!Freedom ? What freedom ? Oh, yeah, land of the free babeh ! God bless America !" all the time, and overall just being selfish idiots.

And that's sad, because it's just that : a stereotype. Yes it has some truth behind it, but it hides all the good the US has to offer ...
Just to clarify, it would kind of make sense for Wikipedia to cost money. You might have noticed that sometimes you'll turn on Wiki and it will ask for donations to keep the site going. Well almost no one does that, and somethings just need money to run/be used. So in actuality without Wiki being paid for it could die because it's unfunded. And there really isn't anything wrong with wanting to make money...

At least I think so, I wasn't aware of this law, so I'm simply reading into what has been said. I hope there are no hard feelings, I just wanted to clarify that.

If I don't respond feel free ot PM?VM/@ me!
Finder | Kits needed | My Fair Lady Plot | Sound of Silence Plot | Charrie Site-HUGE WIP | Essie and Constellation's Romeo by SpiralWhirl
PM/VM me if you want to roleplay!
I have a lot of roleplays so if I don't respond, VM me!

Last edited by FadingEchoes; December 13th, 2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old December 13th, 2017, 01:01 PM
It's a double rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingEchoes View Post

Just to clarify, it would kind of make sense for Wikipedia to cost money. You might have noticed that sometimes you'll turn on Wiki and it will ask for donations to keep the site going. Well almost no one does that, and somethings just need money to run/be used. So in actuality without Wiki being paid for it could die because it's unfunded. And there really isn't anything wrong with wanting to make money...

At least I think so, I wasn't aware of this law, so I'm simply reading into what has been said. I hope there are no hard feelings, I just wanted to clarify that.
Yeah, I agree Wikipedia would need money, though the founders seem not to want to make their website something to pay to access. At least now they don't. I think Okapi chose a bad example on that point though ...

Though, inform yourself on this law if you have the time. (It has something to do with the FCC and should be voted tomorrow, I think ?). I've been feeling on edge lately so I'm probably overreacting from all these posts I've seen over the week.

Anyways, sorry I came off too strong. It's just ... laws like these appear to come up every year, I can't count how many petitions I've signed over the years, and I'm starting to feel like it's an endless loop of battles to try and keep the internet as it is for everyone ...

Old December 13th, 2017, 01:06 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:

Google could also cost money, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook...

Old December 13th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Astrophysicist

My Mood: In Love

Quote:

You are right about Wikipedia needing money, but I'll explain the problem that's going on right now, or well tomorrow. The FCC is voting to remove Net Neutrality tomorrow, and basically that more or less gives internet providers absolute control over the internet. They will be allowed to section off parts of the internet making it that you can only access them if you pay them more, "For the low low price of $39 a month you can get the base internet package, for an additional $5 a month you can get the entertainment package and have access to Youtube, and for another additional $5 a month and you can get the social media package giving you access to sites such as Facebook and Twitter." If they remove Net Neutrality you're going to see this in advertisements pretty soon, another big problem in that though, all that money goes to the internet provider so even though you may be paying extra to use Wikipedia that money is going to Comcast. Secondly they will be allowed to filter information on the internet, say somebody made a site talking bad about Directv, well that site might miraculously start to load unbearably slow to anyone who has Directv, say Google does something to annoy Warner Brothers Cable, well anyone with that provider will be better of using another search engine until the relations improve once more. But don't try and tell the internet providers this, according to them there is no slow lane for sites, only fast lanes and hyperspeed lanes, no joke they actually said that. Well rant over, basically this a case of money trumping people in politics, and hopefully this helps you understand what's going on a bit better when you hear others talking about it. And just so you know this is getting voted on tomorrow.

Click Mini-Sheldon, you know you want to.