Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Peril
Today 06:55 AM
ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by Peril
Today 06:52 AM
Kestrelpaw training:...
by blxze.
Last post by blxze.
Today 06:48 AM
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Artemis
Today 06:29 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by Artemis
Today 06:15 AM

Old January 21st, 2018, 11:32 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Grunting with the effort of walking, Shinefang moved toward the apprentice's stump tail and pulled the webs off, slowly. Instantly, he got a face full of the scent of a wound. It was covered by scabs, which was good, but it was still an infection risk and would be for some time. "Well the good news is, it's healing well. The bad news is I've smelled foxdung that smelled nicer." The tom began walking toward his herb shelf to fetch some new webs, but he only got a few steps before the pain in his legs was too much, and he had to stop. He grunted as he lowered himself to the ground to lie on the cold medicine den floor. "Gorsepaw, do me a favor and grab one of my poppy seed packets? They're on the bottom shelf there, he said, pointing with his tail. The beech leaves." Willowbark was not going to cut it today.
Gorsepaw stood up immediately, worried about the medicine cat. "Sure."
Yes! I know what poppy seeds are! They're the small round black ones...they stop pain and help cats sleep. Her sister, Ponderosapaw had taught her some of the basic little easy herbs, just in case she was out one day and didn't have access to a medicine cat. The brown tabby grabbed a packet in her jaws and dropped it Beside ShineFang. "Can you reach them from there or do you want me to get them on my paw?" She asked.
Old January 21st, 2018, 11:46 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
Gorsepaw stood up immediately, worried about the medicine cat. "Sure."
Yes! I know what poppy seeds are! They're the small round black ones...they stop pain and help cats sleep. Her sister, Ponderosapaw had taught her some of the basic little easy herbs, just in case she was out one day and didn't have access to a medicine cat. The brown tabby grabbed a packet in her jaws and dropped it Beside ShineFang. "Can you reach them from there or do you want me to get them on my paw?" She asked.
"I've got it," the medicine cat saw, pulling the packet closer and opening it. He lapped up two seeds and chewed them. They started working a minute later. He got to his feet with a relaxed sigh and closed up the packet. "Thank you," he meowed, pushing the packet back toward Gorsepaw for her to put away. "New leaf can't come soon enough," he said with a smirk. "Your tail is healing, but it's still an infection risk while it's scabbing like that. You can move back to the apprentice den tomorrow if you're going stir crazy, but it'll still be t least half a moon before you'll be able to return to apprentice duties, and you'll still need to come by the medicine den daily to have it checked and treated." Now with his joint pain subsided, Shinefang was able to pad over to his herb wall and grab his comfrey and chervil. He began chewing the herbs into a pulp as he fished for fresh cobwebs. After pulling them out, he spat the chewed herbs into his paw. "Tail," he said simply.

Old January 21st, 2018, 12:00 PM
Falling In

Quote:
"I've got it," the medicine cat saw, pulling the packet closer and opening it. He lapped up two seeds and chewed them. They started working a minute later. He got to his feet with a relaxed sigh and closed up the packet. "Thank you," he meowed, pushing the packet back toward Gorsepaw for her to put away. "New leaf can't come soon enough," he said with a smirk. "Your tail is healing, but it's still an infection risk while it's scabbing like that. You can move back to the apprentice den tomorrow if you're going stir crazy, but it'll still be t least half a moon before you'll be able to return to apprentice duties, and you'll still need to come by the medicine den daily to have it checked and treated." Now with his joint pain subsided, Shinefang was able to pad over to his herb wall and grab his comfrey and chervil. He began chewing the herbs into a pulp as he fished for fresh cobwebs. After pulling them out, he spat the chewed herbs into his paw. "Tail," he said simply.
Gorsepaw groaned at the thought of not being able to do apprentice duties but also felt a little sad that she had to leave the medicine den soon. The tabby had grown to like it in here and felt she had become friends with ShineFang. But she knew it had to be like this. There were probably other cats who needed his help and she couldn't stay here forever especially if she wasn't injured. Unless she was medicine cat apprentice, she would only ever come here if she needed to. Gorsepaw turned around, wiggling her bottom playfully at The old medicine cat. "I guess I do look quite like a rabbit don't I? Maybe my name could be GorseRabbit..." She stated, saying her thoughts out loud, trying to make conversation.
Old January 21st, 2018, 01:11 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Shinefang had no way of knowing what was going on in Beespirit's head, but listening to Logpaw, he had no doubt he could guess what had come out of his mouth in the last six moons. The apprentice clearly knew that he wasn't hunting and fighting the way a clan cat normally would at his age. He couldn't say that he was a lost cause though. To Shinefang, a cat of Skyclan was valuable regardless of what they could do. That's what clan life was all about. Still, leafbare was here prey was scarce. Not only that, but the apprentice seemed unhappy for sure. "Well, what do you think about becoming a kittypet?" he asked Logpaw.
He sighed,” I’d hate to become fat and lazy and I’ve heard from former kittypets when eeves dropping that the kittypet food is like crowfood, and not tasty like prey. Which I’d miss, but the clan would be happier without me.” He meowed. Maybe I should clan hop. Leave Skyclan spend six moons in Thunderclan, leave spend six moons in Shadowclan, and so on.” He asked knowing if he claimed he was a kittypet when arriving they wouldn’t be concerned of his innability to fight or hunt.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old January 21st, 2018, 03:20 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
Gorsepaw groaned at the thought of not being able to do apprentice duties but also felt a little sad that she had to leave the medicine den soon. The tabby had grown to like it in here and felt she had become friends with ShineFang. But she knew it had to be like this. There were probably other cats who needed his help and she couldn't stay here forever especially if she wasn't injured. Unless she was medicine cat apprentice, she would only ever come here if she needed to. Gorsepaw turned around, wiggling her bottom playfully at The old medicine cat. "I guess I do look quite like a rabbit don't I? Maybe my name could be GorseRabbit..." She stated, saying her thoughts out loud, trying to make conversation.
Shinefang couldn't suppress and amused snort a the apprentice's comments. "Maybe so. Guess you'll have to stay away from Windclan territory. You'll confuse the poor rabbit chasers," he remarked, applying the herbs to the tail stump as he rambled. "That kitwit, Blazingstar. What kind of mousebrain gets revenge for lost clanmates by having a battle during leafbare. You know what's not easy to find in leafbare? Prey and herbs. Know what injured cats need? Prey and herbs! Blazingstar might just kill his clan in the name of his ego." Having applied the herbs, Shinefang put on some fresh webs and the tail was bandaged up once more. "But who listens to an old tom like me. At least Grousestar had sense enough to keep Skyclan out of that heap of foxdung."

Old January 21st, 2018, 09:42 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
He sighed,” I’d hate to become fat and lazy and I’ve heard from former kittypets when eeves dropping that the kittypet food is like crowfood, and not tasty like prey. Which I’d miss, but the clan would be happier without me.” He meowed. Maybe I should clan hop. Leave Skyclan spend six moons in Thunderclan, leave spend six moons in Shadowclan, and so on.” He asked knowing if he claimed he was a kittypet when arriving they wouldn’t be concerned of his innability to fight or hunt.
(So this is a little tricky, because Shine has a soft spot for younger cats, and can be critical of mentors who do anything with their apprentices other than what he would do. I'm not sure how to land on your roleplay endeing, but this is that best I can do atm)

Shinefang merely hummed a reply. "How about you play with Stickpaw for a minute?" He asked, turning to Beespirit. "Come with me a little deeper into my den," he said, headed that way. Once he felt like they could speak in relative privacy, Shinefang cleared his throat. "First, the next time I hear you snort while I'm trying to talk to a patient, you're going to get claws in you nose. But as for Logpaw," he paused, glancing a the apprentice, "I'm not sure what's going on with him exactly. I know that he's acting like he's much younger than he is. I can't tell for sure if its all some act but it doesn't seem like it. And if its not, then clearly he can't be taught like an apprentice in the usual way." Shinefang tapped his tail on the ground, thoughtful. "How have you tried to train him up till now?"

Old January 22nd, 2018, 02:08 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Shinefang couldn't suppress and amused snort a the apprentice's comments. "Maybe so. Guess you'll have to stay away from Windclan territory. You'll confuse the poor rabbit chasers," he remarked, applying the herbs to the tail stump as he rambled. "That kitwit, Blazingstar. What kind of mousebrain gets revenge for lost clanmates by having a battle during leafbare. You know what's not easy to find in leafbare? Prey and herbs. Know what injured cats need? Prey and herbs! Blazingstar might just kill his clan in the name of his ego." Having applied the herbs, Shinefang put on some fresh webs and the tail was bandaged up once more. "But who listens to an old tom like me. At least Grousestar had sense enough to keep Skyclan out of that heap of foxdung."
Gorsepaw shrugged "Trust me, I never really go out these days...especially not now. But despite the battle destroying WindClan, I think I can see where Blazingstar was going. If it's Leaf-bare and there's no prey or herbs, it would be a great time to attack ThunderClan when they're weaker but of course, like you said, a bad time for WindClan too. Not to mention the fact that they brought ShadowClan and RiverClan into it too. And considering this is over a dead warrior, I think that border skirmish was probably enough..." The apprentice sat down and began to groom herself. Her brown tabby pelt was covered in dust and dirt and debris.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:08 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
(So this is a little tricky, because Shine has a soft spot for younger cats, and can be critical of mentors who do anything with their apprentices other than what he would do. I'm not sure how to land on your roleplay endeing, but this is that best I can do atm)

Shinefang merely hummed a reply. "How about you play with Stickpaw for a minute?" He asked, turning to Beespirit. "Come with me a little deeper into my den," he said, headed that way. Once he felt like they could speak in relative privacy, Shinefang cleared his throat. "First, the next time I hear you snort while I'm trying to talk to a patient, you're going to get claws in you nose. But as for Logpaw," he paused, glancing a the apprentice, "I'm not sure what's going on with him exactly. I know that he's acting like he's much younger than he is. I can't tell for sure if its all some act but it doesn't seem like it. And if its not, then clearly he can't be taught like an apprentice in the usual way." Shinefang tapped his tail on the ground, thoughtful. "How have you tried to train him up till now?"
(Basically give him advice to try another moon or two)
Logpaw nodded and began to play with Logpaw tossing the stick in the air and catching it rolling around.

Beespirit nodded,” Sorry. I guess I feel he’s a lost hope- but he’s my first apprentice, and if I fail, I may never recieve a normal apprentice.” He meowed sadly shaking his head he nodded,” I do what my mentor did and my best, try to get him to leave the stick in his nest, focus on hunting, by working on his hunting stance, and ocassionally snapping when he wanders off excited my a stick. I can’t seem to keep him focused.” He meowed.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old January 22nd, 2018, 07:08 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

@Charmer

the last time daydream had been in this den was when they had found out that their mother was missing. it still gave them a bitter feeling. but they pushed past that as they padded into the den slowly. with everything going on, the tension between windclan and thunderclan, and some how shadowclan was now invovlved, daydream had been keeping to themselves. the last time there was a battle geckoleaf went missing.

so theyve been staying on the sidelines. not really hanging out with friends like acornfall or nightpaw. but they had a a job to do. they were s young compared to shinefang that it felt weird to be teaching him new things, but they didnt want him to go through was daydream had. self teaching aimlessly with basically no mentor. they wanted to be there for him, whether they said it out loud or not.

"Shinefang?" they mewed out, hoping the tom was here.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 07:29 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
@Charmer

the last time daydream had been in this den was when they had found out that their mother was missing. it still gave them a bitter feeling. but they pushed past that as they padded into the den slowly. with everything going on, the tension between windclan and thunderclan, and some how shadowclan was now invovlved, daydream had been keeping to themselves. the last time there was a battle geckoleaf went missing.

so theyve been staying on the sidelines. not really hanging out with friends like acornfall or nightpaw. but they had a a job to do. they were s young compared to shinefang that it felt weird to be teaching him new things, but they didnt want him to go through was daydream had. self teaching aimlessly with basically no mentor. they wanted to be there for him, whether they said it out loud or not.

"Shinefang?" they mewed out, hoping the tom was here.
Shinefang's morning dose of willowbark had just kicked in. He was up and about going through his herbs stores while Gorsepaw and Streampaw slept in their nests. His comfrey was getting low. It was the only thing he knew to use on broken bones. And to be honest. He wasn't sure exactly how it helped them. He only knew that that's what medicine cats seem to put on broken bones. The old tom sighed. Why couldn't Ebonyfrost just stuck around long enough to teach his anything at all? He was working off of his limited knowledge from experience and guesswork. It had already cost an apprentice his life. What he needed was to talk to a medicine cat who was fully trained, but the closest one was Daydream in Shadowclan, and he had no idea how he was supposed to travel to see Daydream in this cold. Even willowbark wouldn't save his joints from the freezing temperatures as he made the trek to there and back. He'd have to stay a day to recover. Maybe more. And Skyclan would be left with no medicine cat in that time. He supposed he could send a warrior to fetch them, but the last time the Shadowclan cat had been to Skyclan was riddled with what had to be less than pleasant memories. He honestly doubted they'd come.

Just then, his ears perked up as he heard a voice that was all too familiar. He turned, not trusting his hearing. Sure enough, there was Daydream in his den entrance. He padded toward them. "Shh," he hushed quietly, giving his tail a point toward the sleeping apprentices. "You must be some kind of mind-reader. I was just thinking about you. Welcome," he meowed in a hushed voice.