by Dakotaa
Last post by Luminous
Today 11:39 AM

Old April 15th, 2020, 10:35 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Default hello, again

@Wings

Back again. It felt like a lifetime ago that Tallmarsh had really explored Two-Leg Place. Well, she'd visited once a few moons ago with Irispaw, but--no. Forget about her. Forget about Clan life. She wanted to forget about Dusk-ass, forget about her negligence, forget about the joke that is StarClan. She wanted to just...move on, or at least try to. And she guessed the best way to do that been building up the courage to do ever since she left.

She couldn't believe she was actually here. She thought she'd never visit the place again. She promised herself, and Rasine, that she'd never step foot in this nasty hellhole again. Yet, here she was, skirting down alleys and stalking along fences. She didn't even know where she was.

The night was cool, ruffling her fur that was still thick from the recent leaf-bare. Despite her warm coat, she still shivered, partially from the cold and partially from nervousness. She'd quickly forgotten her way about Two-Leg Place after abandoning it for the forest. So, the scarred she-cat crouched, body pressed against a fence, shying away from the glowing eyes of the monsters that passed occasionally. Her eyes were wide as she tried to gain her bearings.
Old April 15th, 2020, 10:51 PM
#RedInStead

My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: hello, again

(Just as a heads up, Wren listens to her housefolk and picks up on what they call things ex. Cars, roads, humans)
Wren stepped out of her den once her housefolk had gone inside for the night. She enjoyed sleeping outside in her den when the nights got warmer than winter. Leaping up into the clear white fence that surround her garden she walked across it. Then jumping down when she reached her house and trotted gleefully to the hard road-walk. Her belly jingled as she trotted and cars rolled by, shining glaring their bright eyes at her while they passed. She knew that the creatures knew their place and stayed on the road. She looked down an alleyway in between her neighbor's gardens. One of the cars passed by, making her body a silhouette as it pass but, she noticed something shiny as it passed. Probably some human rubbish. But, her curiosity took the best of her and she took a step onto the pebbly surface, walking into the darkness.
@weary
Time sensitive RPs count in this count.

Last edited by Wings; April 15th, 2020 at 10:51 PM.
Old April 16th, 2020, 04:20 PM
definitely NOT an alien

@Wings

Tallmarsh's ears perked up when a sound she hadn't heard in ages floated over the roar of a passing monster. It sounded like the little bell that some of the kittypets wore on their collars. The monster's piercing eyes illuminated a figure at the end of the alley, only for a second.

The warrior shot to her feet immediately, pelt bristling and teeth bared. She doubted this kittypet was a threat, but who knew, maybe she was in its territory. She wouldn't say that she was comfortable where she was, but at least she was hidden from any nosy Two-Legs. She took a step forward and let out a low growl. "Who's there?" she said simply. If her words didn't scare off this stranger, she didn't doubt her appearance would be off-putting. Her mangled face wasn't easy on the eyes, even for some of the Clan cats--namely, the kits.
Old April 16th, 2020, 05:29 PM
#RedInStead

Wren stood her ground when the clearly battle scarred she stood. Although she was a little offset by the cats behavior, she thought nothing of it."Names Wren. I haven't seen you around here yet, you new to the area?" The tabby she stayed where she was, if this cat was actually aggressive, she new the area like the back of her paw. But, she had a sneaking suspicion that the she was just being defensive.
@weary

Old April 16th, 2020, 10:24 PM
definitely NOT an alien

@Wings

Tallmarsh kept her gaze firmly on the she-cat before her. She doubted she was dangerous, but with strangers you never really knew. "I'm...Tallmarsh," she muttered. For a moment she'd considered calling herself Salem, since she knew her name would sound odd to non-Clan cats, but that name was dead. She hadn't been called Salem in so long, that might as well have been a completely different cat.

Shifting her weight from one paw to the other, she continued, "I, uh- I used to- I mean, I was just visiting-" She stopped herself and took a breath. It was surprisingly hard for her to explain what she was doing here, apparently. "I used to live here, in Two-Leg Place. Uh, when I was a kit. I'm here to visit someone...eventually. When I figure out where they are. And...build up the courage. I guess." There. She said it. Hopefully this cat would leave her to continue crouching in this spot until she figured out where she was.
Old April 16th, 2020, 10:40 PM
#RedInStead

The she smiled friendly at the older cat. "I like your name. It just sounds cool. More interesting than the name my housefolk gave me." She paused, listening to her stutter . Clearly the she was nervous here so, might as well be kind. A chilly wind made its way towards the she. Jumping in to the alley, she shook her fur and shivered a bit. "Cold out here!" She chuckled. "Would you like to come stay at my garden for the night? And if you don't like the humans they usually stay inside their dens during the night."
@weary

Last edited by Wings; April 16th, 2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old April 17th, 2020, 10:51 AM
definitely NOT an alien

@Wings

Tallmarsh gave Wren a curt nod, the only acknowledgment that she'd heard the compliment. She fluffed up even more against the chilly wind. Newleaf was just around the corner, but the leaf-bare winds were hesitant to leave. The she-cat hated the idea of getting any closer to Two-Legs than she absolutely had to, but she liked the idea of having some cover from the cold better than staying here and having her toes freeze off.

"Well, as much as I hate Two-Legs, I haven't spent a night out in the elements in a very long time, and I would rather not start that again. I'll come with you, but your...humans better not come anywhere near me." She dropped her defensive stance and took a few steps towards the kittypet. "Lead the way, Wren."
Old April 17th, 2020, 11:09 AM
#RedInStead

As the wind came across her thinish fur, she shivered a little. Waving her tail Wren padded onto the road-walk. "It's just a short walk to my den" She waved her tail for Tallmarsh to follow as she padded towards her home. "My humans usually won't come outside when it's even a little cold during the day. So, we probably won't see much of them."
@weary

Old April 17th, 2020, 07:47 PM
definitely NOT an alien

@Wings

Tallmarsh followed the kittypet hesitantly, making sure to keep a few tail-lengths behind her for good measure. She paused at the walkway that ran alongside the Thunderpath for only a moment, then padded after Wren. The rocky surface was rough even under her calloused paws, and she wondered to herself how softie kittypets walked this path all the time.

“Good,” she replied. After a little while of walking in silence, Tallmarsh picked up her pace to walk one pace or so behind Wren. “So, uh, why do you live with Two-Legs? Do you like it?” She couldn’t understand how anyone would actually enjoy being cooped up in a smelly Two-Leg nest eating dry, flavorless pellets while the Two-Legs constantly nosed their way into your business, but then again, as far as she knew, her sister was still living with Two-Legs after all these moons.
Old April 17th, 2020, 08:18 PM
#RedInStead

Glancing back at Tallmarsh she dug through her thoughts for an answer. "Well, I was born into this life so there isn't much escaping that. At times I've wanted to get out of this life like once, a while ago when I was a younger she I tried spending a night in the forest. I soon came to the realization that I can't hunt, so I just came home and now I pretty much live a boring pampered life. I'd prefer to live in the forest but, I can't do that on my own so I'm stuck here." The two had been padding for a while and Wren began looking through the alleys looking for her own. "Ah, here we are." She stepped onto the grassy alley. It went straight out to the road where the cars zoomed by racing each other.
@weary