Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Starphobia
Today 07:09 AM
✩Star's Mass YCH Trade!✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 06:49 AM
two slow dancers ||...
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 06:44 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by sylvia26
Today 05:32 AM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by sylvia26
Today 05:17 AM

Old January 1st, 2017, 09:13 PM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

"This is hard, I know, and took me many months to master as an apprentice. But it's fun, trying to sort them." Moving upwards, she swept a messy pile of beech leaf packets in between them, and by scent, deftly pulled out two of the packages, and placed them apart from the mound of leaves, a little ways away from each other. "Alright. The one on the right is healing. They have a sharper, more earthy tone. And one the left are traveling herbs. They have a gentler scent, and are more definitely floral. Smell them both, and then slowly nose through pile until you find one corresponding to each. Then, put it with the right herb packet I already placed down. Then, once have the piles, well put them away. Alright, love?" She mewed, waiting to make sure he understood her instructions, however vague and ill defined they were. She had never tried to explain something like this before.
Arctickit cocked his head to the side as he gazed at the herbs, his eyes contemplating the leaves before him. Crouching low to the ground, Arctickit placed his nose against the leaves; now that the description was in his head, it was easier to sense the diffence that it held. Picking up one that had more of a softer scent, which Geckoleaf had explained were traveling herbs; he picked them up in his maw carefully, and set them in the beech leaf. His ears pricked at the leaves, as though he could hear the diffence; again, he lowered his head again, this time closing his bright blue eyes, concentrating on the smells that permeated from the leaves. Arctickit placed one of his forepaws on the nearest leaf, and suddenly, he felt a connection of some sort towards it.

Healing... The thought poured into his mind; Arctickit thought nothing of abnormality of the thought. He placed it in the beech leaf designated for the healing leaves. Arctickit placed his paw on another leaf; Traveling this time it was much faster as it flooded his mind. Again, he placed the herb onto the small pile, and quickly did the process over and over again, until the pile was empty. Arctickit looked up at Geckoleaf, his eyes wondering how he had done, expecting to be corrected, though everything was right.

(His first connection to plants! ;3)

Last edited by Brunch; January 1st, 2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old January 1st, 2017, 09:29 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Arctickit cocked his head to the side as he gazed at the herbs, his eyes contemplating the leaves before him. Crouching low to the ground, Arctickit placed his nose against the leaves; now that the description was in his head, it was easier to sense the diffence that it held. Picking up one that had more of a softer scent, which Geckoleaf had explained were traveling herbs; he picked them up in his maw carefully, and set them in the beech leaf. His ears pricked at the leaves, as though he could hear the diffence; again, he lowered his head again, this time closing his bright blue eyes, concentrating on the smells that permeated from the leaves. Arctickit placed one of his forepaws on the nearest leaf, and suddenly, he felt a connection of some sort towards it.

Healing... The thought poured into his mind; Arctickit thought nothing of abnormality of the thought. He placed it in the beech leaf designated for the healing leaves. Arctickit placed his paw on another leaf; Traveling this time it was much faster as it flooded his mind. Again, he placed the herb onto the small pile, and quickly did the process over and over again, until the pile was empty. Arctickit looked up at Geckoleaf, his eyes wondering how he had done, expecting to be corrected, though everything was right.

(His first connection to plants! ;3)
A look of surprise crossed the medicine cat's face, a look of such shock that you'd think StarClan themselves had come to visit her. She had never, in her entire life, seen a cat catch on to it so quickly. And he was deft and quick, despite having never touched herbs before. And even she could not navigate herb packs that quick, just by touch. "I.. I... Goodness, darling, how have you managed to do that? By the stars above, it's as if the leaves are speaking to you!" She meows to the kitten, a tone of genuine admiration coloring his words. Of course, she didn't have any clue that Arctickit actually could feel the herbs. A sudden that struck her; he would make a brilliant medicine cat. it struck her without warning, but she knew it was right. It felt right, and it was right. But Geckoleaf also knew not to jump to conclusions. "Arctickit, would you like to learn some more herbs, and try applying them to real situations? You seem like quite a promising candidate for apprenticeship."

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old January 1st, 2017, 09:56 PM
Something or Other

Quote:

A look of surprise crossed the medicine cat's face, a look of such shock that you'd think StarClan themselves had come to visit her. She had never, in her entire life, seen a cat catch on to it so quickly. And he was deft and quick, despite having never touched herbs before. And even she could not navigate herb packs that quick, just by touch. "I.. I... Goodness, darling, how have you managed to do that? By the stars above, it's as if the leaves are speaking to you!" She meows to the kitten, a tone of genuine admiration coloring his words. Of course, she didn't have any clue that Arctickit actually could feel the herbs. A sudden that struck her; he would make a brilliant medicine cat. it struck her without warning, but she knew it was right. It felt right, and it was right. But Geckoleaf also knew not to jump to conclusions. "Arctickit, would you like to learn some more herbs, and try applying them to real situations? You seem like quite a promising candidate for apprenticeship."
Arctickit let a worried expression cross his features; he didn't know that his strange way of sorting herbs was almost a miracle. At Geckoleaf's question, Arctickit gave her a perplexed look, "I-uh- touched it and the-uh- name came into my mind..." he didn't know why his exceptional-or how he thought normal- way of sorting was so surprising. Though Arctickit was quite taken aback by Geckoleaf's attitude, he was still quite prideful of the adirmation that was laced in Geckoleaf's eyes. Arctickit felt quite excited of his supernatural-sorting; but as Geckoleaf asked for Arctickit to become her apprentice, his bouncing slowly degrading to a little flick of his tail. "I- of course!" Arctickit chirped, his voice boisterous as he spun in an excited circle. Arctickit had finally achieved something that no one could demean him for, something that they could never understand.
Old January 1st, 2017, 10:10 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Arctickit let a worried expression cross his features; he didn't know that his strange way of sorting herbs was almost a miracle. At Geckoleaf's question, Arctickit gave her a perplexed look, "I-uh- touched it and the-uh- name came into my mind..." he didn't know why his exceptional-or how he thought normal- way of sorting was so surprising. Though Arctickit was quite taken aback by Geckoleaf's attitude, he was still quite prideful of the adirmation that was laced in Geckoleaf's eyes. Arctickit felt quite excited of his supernatural-sorting; but as Geckoleaf asked for Arctickit to become her apprentice, his bouncing slowly degrading to a little flick of his tail. "I- of course!" Arctickit chirped, his voice boisterous as he spun in an excited circle. Arctickit had finally achieved something that no one could demean him for, something that they could never understand.
She laughed slightly, a high clear note in deep contrast to the sobbing from earlier, a much darker sound. Her clear eyes twinkled with mirth; the excitement of the kit, soon to be apprentice, was infectious, and she too smiled, a wide toothy grin. "Now, slow down. How did you hear the plants...?" Her voice trailed off, because she already know the answer. StarClan had meant for it to be, for him to have this gift and to be her apprentice. "Of course. It makes sense," she spoke, addressing no one in particular. "Your meant to be my apprentice, is more that one way." Turning towards her herb shelves, she felt her mind spark with curiosity; could the kitten divine the use of a herb simply from touch? And so she picked a inconspicuous herb. A dried petal of chamomile, which looked like a wilted leaf, or a dried flower petal. It had a faint smell when it was this dried, and the only way to know its use was from being told, or by a gift from StarClan. Gently, she grasped a single dried petal in her leaves, careful not to crush it and release the sweet odors contained within. She set it before Arctickit, and a hint of challenge glinted in her eyes. "Can you tell me what this herb does, just by touch?" She murmured lowly, voice soft and inviting for him to try.
(chamomile; relaxation, and to help a throat feel better. and it smells good x3)

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old January 1st, 2017, 10:29 PM
Something or Other

Quote:

She laughed slightly, a high clear note in deep contrast to the sobbing from earlier, a much darker sound. Her clear eyes twinkled with mirth; the excitement of the kit, soon to be apprentice, was infectious, and she too smiled, a wide toothy grin. "Now, slow down. How did you hear the plants...?" Her voice trailed off, because she already know the answer. StarClan had meant for it to be, for him to have this gift and to be her apprentice. "Of course. It makes sense," she spoke, addressing no one in particular. "Your meant to be my apprentice, is more that one way." Turning towards her herb shelves, she felt her mind spark with curiosity; could the kitten divine the use of a herb simply from touch? And so she picked a inconspicuous herb. A dried petal of chamomile, which looked like a wilted leaf, or a dried flower petal. It had a faint smell when it was this dried, and the only way to know its use was from being told, or by a gift from StarClan. Gently, she grasped a single dried petal in her leaves, careful not to crush it and release the sweet odors contained within. She set it before Arctickit, and a hint of challenge glinted in her eyes. "Can you tell me what this herb does, just by touch?" She murmured lowly, voice soft and inviting for him to try.
(chamomile; relaxation, and to help a throat feel better. and it smells good x3)
It was hard for Arctickit to wrap his mind around what Geckoleaf had just said. A gift from StarClan, but I'm hardly anything special... The young kitten kept quiet as Geckoleaf muttered to herself; everything that had happened was quite strange and difficult to figure out. When his future mentor zipped off without a word, Arctickit flopped into a sitting position, waiting for Geckoleaf to return. When the medicine cat returned with a shriveled leaf, Arctickit was quite surprised, thinking that it would be something different, but as the small kit settled back into the crouching position, he gave Geckoleaf a curt nod. Arctickit placed his paw on the dried chamomile petal, careful not to annihilate it. Chamomile the word, along with the enticing scent, flooded his mind. He could picture the plant so clearly in his mind; it was so beautiful, so fresh.

Arctickit shuffled his paws off of the petal, only to mutter, "Chamomile..." in a very mesmerized voice. As Arctickit got to his paws with hesitation, a small, blooming fern blossomed where his foresaw had been. It was faster than imaginable, shifting and growing into a beautiful plant. Stumbling back a few steps to almost glare at the fern. "Chamomile!" he shouted over the blood pounding in his ears.

Last edited by Brunch; January 2nd, 2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old January 1st, 2017, 10:42 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
It was hard for Arctickit to wrap his mind around what Geckoleaf had just said. A gift from StarClan, but I'm hardly anything special... The young kitten kept quiet as Geckoleaf muttered to herself; everything that had happened was quite strange and difficult to figure out. When his future mentor zipped off without a word, Arctickit flopped into a sitting position, waiting for Geckoleaf to return. When the medicine cat returned with a shriveled leaf, Arctickit was quite surprised, thinking that it would be something different, but as the small kit settled back into the crouching position, he gave Geckoleaf a curt nod. Arctickit placed his paw on the dried chamomile petal, careful not to annihilate it. Chamomile the word, along with the enticing scent, flooded his mind. He could picture the plant so clearly in his mind; it was so beautiful, so fresh.

Arctickit shuffled his paws off of the petal, only tocmutter, "Chamomile..." in a very mesmerized voice. As Arctickit got to his paws with hesitation, a small, blooming fern blossomed where his foresaw had been. It was faster than imsgjnable, shifting and growing into a beautiful plant. Stumbling back a few steps to almost glare at the fern. "Chamomile!" he shouted over the blood pounding in his ears.
A smile crossed her mouth as he whispered the name, which she had never told him before. Geckoleaf watched as his eyes widened, and he moved backwards in a disjointed manner, as he looked towards the newly bloomed plant.
But she soon saw his panicked expression, and she moved forward to comfort him, as a mother might. It was irrational and maternal; she saw a kit in distress and moved forward to comfort him. She gently nuzzled him on the head, her nose slightly parting the downy white kitten fur. "Hey.. I know it's a lot, but your okay, kitten. Your fine," she purred, in a gentle tone she hoped was comforting. She gave his fur a soft lick, and then turned her gaze towards the bit of green sprouted in front of Arctickit. Her tail swished around the kit, and she nipped the plant at its base, hoping it would cease the growing.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old January 2nd, 2017, 02:08 PM
Something or Other

Quote:

A smile crossed her mouth as he whispered the name, which she had never told him before. Geckoleaf watched as his eyes widened, and he moved backwards in a disjointed manner, as he looked towards the newly bloomed plant.
But she soon saw his panicked expression, and she moved forward to comfort him, as a mother might. It was irrational and maternal; she saw a kit in distress and moved forward to comfort him. She gently nuzzled him on the head, her nose slightly parting the downy white kitten fur. "Hey.. I know it's a lot, but your okay, kitten. Your fine," she purred, in a gentle tone she hoped was comforting. She gave his fur a soft lick, and then turned her gaze towards the bit of green sprouted in front of Arctickit. Her tail swished around the kit, and she nipped the plant at its base, hoping it would cease the growing.
Arctickit exhaled softly as Geckoleaf leaped forward to comfort him; he was quite confused and afraid of what had happened, and having the medicine cat comfort him made him feel as though he were floating, for some reason. Arctickit had a very haggard expression on his face, and he trembled into a sitting position. Practicing blinked hard as Geckoleaf removed the chamomile; it ceased from sprouting anymore, but when Geckoleaf discarded it, it leafy a large crack in the stone carpet, with small pebbles scattered around. "W-what happened?" He muttered, more to himself Han Geckoleaf; Arctickit ed answers as to what had happened, but everything was so confusing and disorienting.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 04:02 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Arctickit exhaled softly as Geckoleaf leaped forward to comfort him; he was quite confused and afraid of what had happened, and having the medicine cat comfort him made him feel as though he were floating, for some reason. Arctickit had a very haggard expression on his face, and he trembled into a sitting position. Practicing blinked hard as Geckoleaf removed the chamomile; it ceased from sprouting anymore, but when Geckoleaf discarded it, it leafy a large crack in the stone carpet, with small pebbles scattered around. "W-what happened?" He muttered, more to himself Han Geckoleaf; Arctickit ed answers as to what had happened, but everything was so confusing and disorienting.
The medicine cat gently stroked her tail down the kit's spine, slowly and deliberately, to attempt to comfort the distressed kitten. Turning her gaze, she eyed the leafy plant, almost suspiciously, wondering if it would keep growing even from a slight distance. She twitched her ears towards the kit at his question, muttered to no in particular. So she didn't respond to Arctickit, as she knew he'd need a moment to at least process what'd happened to him. Poor baby, she thought, a flash of sympathy streaking through her as he sat and shook, trying to process what was happening. Moving towards him slightly, she began to groom his fur, her rough tongue smoothing down his fur, despite the fact it was already clean and soft. She remembered her own mentor doing this for her when she came back from a hard day with the other apprentices. A soft smile crossed her face at the old memories, bittersweet and faded. She pulled herself back to the present and glanced down at Arctickit, quivering next to her, and she gave him one last lick before nuzzling his head, the fuzzy white fur tickling her nose.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:14 PM
queeny ♬

@Lilly

Geckoleaf padded slowly into her den, the feeling of warmth enveloping her comfortably. She let out a sigh of relief, feeling content and relaxed in the pleasing familiarity of her workspace. The musty scent of herbs carried on the gentle draft that whispered through the den, the sweet and pungent aroma filling her nose and relaxing her. She smiled in joy, tail flicking lightly. After the stress of having a horrific attack in the territory, losing Arcticpaw, and now gaining Cricketpaw, the feeling of ease and peace that the space provided her was refreshing. Her surroundings seemed quiet and close, and she hoped that, with time, her apprentice would come to feel similarly. Swiveling her head around, she looked back at the entrance, coated with heavy vines and thick, hanging moss, waiting for the bengal to enter. Exhausted from their journey, however, she staggered to her nest and sank down, the moss inviting and warm. Geckoleaf would naturally rise again once Cricketpaw had entered, but for now, the promise of sleep that it offered seemed much too tempting a deal.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending

Last edited by Clover; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:46 PM
chirps

Quote:
@Lilly

Geckoleaf padded slowly into her den, the feeling of warmth enveloping her comfortably. She let out a sigh of relief, feeling content and relaxed in the pleasing familiarity of her workspace. The musty scent of herbs carried on the gentle draft that whispered through the den, the sweet and pungent aroma filling her nose and relaxing her. She smiled in joy, tail flicking lightly. After the stress of having a horrific attack in the territory, losing Arcticpaw, and now gaining Cricketpaw, the feeling of ease and peace that the space provided her was refreshing. Her surroundings seemed quiet and close, and she hoped that, with time, her apprentice would come to feel similarly. Swiveling her head around, she looked back at the entrance, coated with heavy vines and thick, hanging moss, waiting for the bengal to enter. Exhausted from their journey, however, she staggered to her nest and sank down, the moss inviting and warm. Geckoleaf would naturally rise again once Cricketpaw had entered, but for now, the promise of sleep that it offered seemed much too tempting a deal.
Muscles shaking as she entered the den behind Geckoleaf, the dark furred Bengal let out a sigh, the sound whispering through the den and absorbed by the dimly lit walls that surrounded her. The mossy vines that hung down, sheltering the medicine den from the rest of camp, swung down back into place, shaking slightly from a leaf-bare breeze that rattled the branches outside. Instantly, the unfamiliar scent of herbs hit Cricketpaw's nose, and she paused, taking a moment to breath them in. Soon, she knew that with time she would eventually come to place a name with the scent, and the thought of having this extra knowledge sent a thrill of excitement rushing through her. Although her forepaws were all but limp from exhaustion, the she-cat's mind was active and awake, flipping through the different scents as if they were pieces of different prey. The sweet aroma filled her nostrils and exhilarated her. After a few brief moments, she opened her eyes and glanced over at where Geckoleaf had sank down into her nest. Sleep she though, her paws automatically making their way back to where her old nest has been from when she was a patient. Despite the nagging thoughts that she would soon have to began her training, the tired apprentice sank gratefully down into the nest, it's warm and soothing appeal drawing her in as her muscles released a sigh of joy, relaxation sweeping over her in waves. "Did you want to start now, Geckoleaf?" she murmured, a yawn cutting into her voice half way through, jaws parting to reveal her glinting white teeth.

Last edited by spade; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:46 PM.