WindClan Patrols
by Ian
Last post by Rani
Today 12:17 AM

Old September 28th, 2020, 07:15 PM
Hehe I exist

My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Marigoldpaw lazily walked towards Adderfang, curious as to when they'd next train, when Adderfang announced that she was going hunting or something like that. The golden furred apprentice's ear perked up ever so slightly in interest. Hmmm a hunting trip could be fun. Way more fun then making sure the camp was stable or putting stuff is nests or blah blah blah. Oh and it'd be great to kill-hunt something again! Last time it was so fun. Espically because of the sound of bones snapping ooh or the blood. "Room for one more?" Marigoldpaw asked tilting her head. What she had said was less of a question and more of an announcement that she was joining them.
( @Rani @gs29513 Hope you don't mind me shoving Marigoldpaw into doing something useful. )

Last edited by Wolfgirl8; September 28th, 2020 at 07:15 PM.
Old September 29th, 2020, 08:09 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

With a happy chirp of Hi Marigoldpaw! Shrewpaw redirected his attention to Alderfang. When she asked if he had.........burrow flushed? He shook his head vigorously, following that with a Nope. But I have a guess what it is! Was he supposed to say that? Or was that rude? Ah, well, to late now. Besides, HE thought it showed he wasn't stupid. So he continued. Do.....I crawl in and go RAAA! And then you grab everything that runs out? he suggested, leaping into the air and making a scary face at the RAA bit. He had a lot of energy today, for some reason, making him more excitable than usual. @Rani @Wolfgirl8
Old September 29th, 2020, 07:37 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

The black and brown warrior aimed a small pleased nod at her own apprentices willingness to join them before turning focus back onto Shrewpaws eager words. She blinked once in surprise at the sheer energy before letting out an amused huff. While she did honestly enjoy Marigoldpaws sharp focus and dedication but she didn't act much like a young apprentice sometimes, not like Shrewpaw was, and the reminder that happiness and simple joy at a task could exist in shadowclan still was a balm to her pessimistic psyche. With the two apprentices on her heels and her tail flicking contentedly she headed into the forrest to the area she'd spotted on her way to the new camp not half a day earlier.

"You are mostly correct, yes that is the core of burrow flushing but it's a little bit more complex than that." She drawled easily swapping into teacher mode. "We don't do this often as it kills both the older prey and the younger, making it less easy to hunt in the same areas and still catch prey after, but it is good for catch a lot at once. Ive spotted a large mouse burrow in the area we are heading to we will then have to find and block all of the smaller entrances leading to it after which you two will go into the burrow and chase all the prey you can find to the one entrance we will leave uncovered where I will be waiting. Mouse burrows are shallow enough that we wont run into much trouble but even if we do I can easily dig you out even if you cant do it yourself. On the downside it's too small for me to fit, which is why its good you two are with me." Her head lifted as she scented the air and the growing smell of mouse.
"Interestingly from what Ive heard from Windclan warriors at previous gatherings rabbit burrows have the opposite issue added to the fact that they can actually harm a cat." Her tone was an interesting mix of anger at the other clan and curiosity over the idea of hunting a prey that shadowclan rarely saw before she shook herself upon arriving at the area.

"Right we're here look around for holes but leave the big one alone and cover them with whatever you can find. Any questions?" Adderfang idly asked already working to plug any small holes.
@Wolfgirl8 @gs29513

Last edited by Rani; September 29th, 2020 at 07:37 PM.
Old September 30th, 2020, 06:44 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

-- @Rani --

She was leading the patrol? Not letting the surprise show on her face, she just flickered her ears slowly in acknowledgement. She didn’t have any direct opinion of Dawnstar; she may be crazy, but she’d not done anything that would wrong her opinion, but neither had she done anything to show that Doetuft should respect her. So, the young warrior was on neutral ground, able to be swayed to either side depending on actions in the future. But with the news that Buzzardpaw would be trekking along, the blind molly was about to open her mouth and say that her apprentice, who was on rest with a sprained paw since his stupid outing and climbing up into a tree and then refusing help to go down it, would be unable to accompany them, but she refrained. She could add in the comment when she reported the patrol. Not that she particularly wanted to speak to Dawnstar or well… Dawnstripe still, not having received her names from Starclan as of yet. But it seemed her patrol mate would be left to talk to the leader, so she would be trekking out alone for now. Because no way was she dragging along an injured apprentice just for the sake of pleasing a leader and keeping Buzzardpaw out of trouble. He would probably appreciate being yelled at more than he would going out and trying to hunt; and two warriors without the burden of having a disruptive apprentice and having to teach one, would probably be more effective and bring prey home. So let Dawnstripe yammer and complain about it, as long as it didn’t get her or her family in trouble – because Buzzardpaw was quite safe at the moment despite his stupid attitude – she didn’t really care about pleasing the newly anointed leader’s ego. That did no one good. Nodding in acknowledgement of Adderfang’s words she just stood up and left. No need to speak when you didn’t need to and there was the risk, there was always the risk, that those words could be used for something she didn’t want them to be.
Shaking her head she easily climbed up the ravine, having gotten more and more used to the path with time, whiskers brushing against the side and giving the blind molly the briefest moment of safety on the path. Deciding that the least she could do while waiting for her companion was begin the patrol – because otherwise time would be wasted that she didn’t necessarily like to waste and she had plans on showing up, proving a point that didn’t necessarily need proving, but being blind would always require her; in some cats eyes; to be better, to show up more and to prove that she could function normally. Which was exactly what she did. By the time she managed to scent the other cat, the blind molly had already caught a sparrow, the bird clasped in her jaws as she waited for Adderfang to show up. The bird has been easy to catch, just sitting and nibbling on something oblivious to its surroundings. "Nice... to see you... showed up," she commented briefly, ears flickering.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee

Last edited by Arie; September 30th, 2020 at 08:01 AM.
Old September 30th, 2020, 08:25 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Nodding along a bit absently as Adderfang finished explaining burrow flushing, Shrewpaw got quickly to work on stuffing holes full of stuff. Well, not really stuff. More like.......leaves and dirt. And maybe a stick. It didn't look very nice, and it wasn't super secure at first, but then he got the idea to drop a stick or two down the holes. And THAT he supposed would foil ANY mouse! He could smell them underground too, having shoved his nose into one of the holes that he was filling, to make sure it was the right one. He didn't want to fill up ALL the holes, and then realize some of them were the wrong ones!

Turning back to Adderfang once he couldn't see any more than one or two left, since EVERYONE had been filling them, he mewed So.......I go in now? Or does Marigoldpaw go first? At this point, he was really a bit confused. Not by the hunting, but by himself. He had thought that Dawnstripe, Dawnstar was going to be horrible, but maybe.......it wasn't. He was worried for Blackhaze, since Dawnstripe had shot him a nasty look, and he was worried about Foggybrook, because of the thing with Icestar's body. It was really.......all scary. But now, he was out in the forest, enjoying himself. How did that work? Maybe hunting automatically made you happy? He wasn't really sure at this point. @Rani @Wolfgirl8
Old September 30th, 2020, 08:52 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
-- @Rani --

She was leading the patrol? Not letting the surprise show on her face, she just flickered her ears slowly in acknowledgement. She didn’t have any direct opinion of Dawnstar; she may be crazy, but she’d not done anything that would wrong her opinion, but neither had she done anything to show that Doetuft should respect her. So, the young warrior was on neutral ground, able to be swayed to either side depending on actions in the future. But with the news that Buzzardpaw would be trekking along, the blind molly was about to open her mouth and say that her apprentice, who was on rest with a sprained paw since his stupid outing and climbing up into a tree and then refusing help to go down it, would be unable to accompany them, but she refrained. She could add in the comment when she reported the patrol. Not that she particularly wanted to speak to Dawnstar or well… Dawnstripe still, not having received her names from Starclan as of yet. But it seemed her patrol mate would be left to talk to the leader, so she would be trekking out alone for now. Because no way was she dragging along an injured apprentice just for the sake of pleasing a leader and keeping Buzzardpaw out of trouble. He would probably appreciate being yelled at more than he would going out and trying to hunt; and two warriors without the burden of having a disruptive apprentice and having to teach one, would probably be more effective and bring prey home. So let Dawnstripe yammer and complain about it, as long as it didn’t get her or her family in trouble – because Buzzardpaw was quite safe at the moment despite his stupid attitude – she didn’t really care about pleasing the newly anointed leader’s ego. That did no one good. Nodding in acknowledgement of Adderfang’s words she just stood up and left. No need to speak when you didn’t need to and there was the risk, there was always the risk, that those words could be used for something she didn’t want them to be.
Shaking her head she easily climbed up the ravine, having gotten more and more used to the path with time, whiskers brushing against the side and giving the blind molly the briefest moment of safety on the path. Deciding that the least she could do while waiting for her companion was begin the patrol – because otherwise time would be wasted that she didn’t necessarily like to waste and she had plans on showing up, proving a point that didn’t necessarily need proving, but being blind would always require her; in some cats eyes; to be better, to show up more and to prove that she could function normally. Which was exactly what she did. By the time she managed to scent the other cat, the blind molly had already caught a sparrow, the bird clasped in her jaws as she waited for Adderfang to show up. The bird has been easy to catch, just sitting and nibbling on something oblivious to its surroundings. "Nice... to see you... showed up," she commented briefly, ears flickering.
The stocky warrior took a moment to huff having bounded up the slope to meet Doetuft at the top of the ravine. Ah yes it was Adderfangs constant and greatest foe, vertical movement, so we meet again. It wasn't like the warrior was out of shape or anything, but while strong her large build when combined with her shorter legs always made leaping a challenge and the new camp would take some adapting to before moving around was easy. Steady once more her voice was back to its normal smooth tone as she responded to her clanmate managing to completely missing the joke.
"Yes sorry to keep you waiting but I see you already have had some luck without me. Any ideas of where we should start or shall we just move and see where the hunt takes us?" The molly took the time to scent the air and see if she to could have any luck so close to the new camp but came up with only old prey scents. "After so long away the marsh may have more frogs then normal but the mud we will inevitably have to clean off of our paws is always a downside to hunting there." She shrugged, briefly wondering if Doetuft was even able to tell she was, before stretching and throwing out a softly murmured.
"I don't particularly mind though it's up to you."

Last edited by Rani; September 30th, 2020 at 08:53 AM.
Old September 30th, 2020, 09:34 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
The stocky warrior took a moment to huff having bounded up the slope to meet Doetuft at the top of the ravine. Ah yes it was Adderfangs constant and greatest foe, vertical movement, so we meet again. It wasn't like the warrior was out of shape or anything, but while strong her large build when combined with her shorter legs always made leaping a challenge and the new camp would take some adapting to before moving around was easy. Steady once more her voice was back to its normal smooth tone as she responded to her clanmate managing to completely missing the joke.
"Yes sorry to keep you waiting but I see you already have had some luck without me. Any ideas of where we should start or shall we just move and see where the hunt takes us?" The molly took the time to scent the air and see if she to could have any luck so close to the new camp but came up with only old prey scents. "After so long away the marsh may have more frogs then normal but the mud we will inevitably have to clean off of our paws is always a downside to hunting there." She shrugged, briefly wondering if Doetuft was even able to tell she was, before stretching and throwing out a softly murmured.
"I don't particularly mind though it's up to you."
[okay I didnt even realize the joke myself PFFT, so I do not fault Adder]

"No...worries,"
she mumbled underneath the feathers of the sparrow, blind eyes blinking briefly. Others were at times shocked to realize that her eyes, despite their blindness and occasional cloudiness, still held many elements that living cats' eyes did including the ability roll them. Which she didn't this time around, Adderfang had proved to be nothing but polite and Doetuft dipped her head in a mild gesture of gratitude. Dropping the bird in order to be able to speak properly despite her stutter that was already impairing her speech she perked her ears at the question. Oh yeah, she was technically supposed to lead this patrol, another strange thing considering she was quite sure she was the least experienced out of the pair. But they were two warriors with no apprentice, age didn't matter, in rank they were equal so none of them held more sway over the other. "Marsh would... be alright." No matter that she wasn't the biggest fan of the mud if it could result in a bigger catch of prey, she was up for it. It was like she had something to prove despite being quite content and competent when it came to her hunting skills. Her hunting skills were by far her most refined of her skills and despite the mud dampening the sounds it wouldn't be too bad. "Mud... can be washed off. A hungry clan... cannot. So... off to the marsh we... go... I presume." Tail flickering she waited for a moment and then once again same the realization that she was taking charge, and with a small puff of laughter she picked up the sparrow and set off, ears open and constantly flickering back and forth trying to pick up any sound that would signalize the appearance of prey. Some would say the tabby relied far too heavy on her hearing than she should but she'd trained that way, had gotten used to life that way and had no one to tell her it was wrong. Therefore it was how she did things and at the sound of something else, her paws neatly stopping just before reaching the marsh, she heard something... very similar to the sound of birds wings fluttering. "Heard that?" she mumbled through the feathers to her companion.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old September 30th, 2020, 02:28 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Moonhowl sat in a relatively empty corner of the camp, watching her fellow Clanmates doing their everyday tasks. She had found herself a bit of free time, and decided to spend it alone. The molly was aware that she could come off as creepy sometimes, though she didn't really care: others could think whatever they wanted about her.
The silver-furred warrior started to groom her long fur. It had gotten quite tangled since the last time she had gone hunting.

[Open for interaction! This is my first post pls no bulli]
Old September 30th, 2020, 04:11 PM
Hehe I exist

Marigoldpaw snorted at what Adderfang said about Windclan. Ha! That served them right! The "all mighty Windclan" taken down by some puny rabbits! Hilarious! That clan truly was incompetent! The golden furred apprentice silently mocked Windclan in her head letting out a small laugh sometimes. Honestly being injured by a rabbit seemed ludircous to Marigoldpaw. Rabbits didn't have sharp teeth did they? Or claws? Well it was possible seeing as Marigoldpaw had never seen one...hmmm.

The golden furred apprentice quickly got to work filling in the holes with rocks, leaves, and sticks. She found it worked best for her to do two layers one on the inside and one on the outside just in case they got past the first one. Every so often she gave a sidelong glance to Shrewpaw who seemed to literally just drop 2 or 3 sticks in the holes. That probally wouldn't do a great job....but would hers? Hmm yes. Yes it would. Why? Well obviously because Marigoldpaw made it!

Soon Marigoldpaw finished and took a step back to look at her work. Pretty good! No. Excellent(that may be a lie)! As the golden furred apprentice studied her work it occured to her how small the holes were. That must be so horrible to be stuck down there. I mean look how small those holes were! They were super duper small! Eghh. Imagine being trapped down there for who knows how long! When Shrewpaw asked who would go down there first Marigoldpaw gulped. She did not want to go down there!
( @Rani @gs29513 )

Old September 30th, 2020, 06:54 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Ah the apprentices had finished perfect. Adderfang looked up from where she had been filling her last hole and scanned an eye over the job the two had done before refocusing on them, contect with how they'd done. Hm they were both a tad nervous, understandable cats really didn't belong underground and to be so was no doubt uncomfortable, and while some warriors would simply order them under with no care Adderfang was always a bit soft on apprentices and had no problem with taking the time to reassure them.

"It doesn't really matter who goes down first but let's take the time to talk about what you're gonna do when you're down there." She remarked making her way over to the large entrance. It must have been an old den for a larger animal that was vacated for the mice to take over because the main entrance (and undoubtedly the main burrow area) was more spacious then one might expect if covered by debris. "The reason I feel confident to send you both in is mainly due to the ground around here. The nest is fairly shallow, to the point where I found this was a large burrow by placing my ear to the ground and found I could actually hear them through the ground. And look" Standing over the burrow she paused before shoving her paw through the dirt, easily breaking through into the tunnels below soft soil easily pushed aside with a little force.

"There's only mice scent down there so you'll not run into any predators and if you get into any trouble and for some reason cannot break your own way out Ill be able to hear you and dig you out myself." She gave a small reassuring grin, nothing would happen to these apprentices as long as she was here to protect them in her mind.
"You wont have to go in to far just to the main area and create as much noise as possible to flush the mice out to me at this main entrance, and feel free to kill those that cross your path down there. And hey" She dropped her voice to a whisper at this point a light hearted twinkle in her eye "don't tell the other apprentices (they may get jealous) but you'll both be getting a little reward if you do well, just a little less known bonus of burrow flushing." That should be enough for the younger cats to get going so the molly settled into a waiting crouch ready to lunge at any prey that came bolting out. The mice were no doubt already riled up and ready to flee with all this noise at this point anyway.

@Katniss @gs29513