Last post by marshy
Today 09:42 AM

Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:32 PM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: RiverClan Elders' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Ebonykit padded in. "H-hi? Can I hear a st-story?" (All u elders - @Redtalon @soot @SorrelClaw @Shadow & Wind )
Spottedfoot's ears perked up at the sound of a little voice echoing into the Elder's den. It had been a long, unremarkable day of grumbling about itchy fur, scratchy moss, and smellier fresh kill than normal; storytelling would be a welcome distraction for the she-cat.

"Come in Ebony, come in," Spottedfoot grunted roughly, her pearl-white tail rustling the moss as it swished over the ground. Spotted would have sat upright for the kit, but the proper motivation just hadn't presented itself. "Want to hear about the time I put a beehive in my mentor's nest? Or maybe the battle for the last salmon would be more to your liking."

Old August 24th, 2020, 07:39 AM
full time disappointment

Bump Policy: bump after 72 hours
My Mood: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtalon View Post

Spottedfoot's ears perked up at the sound of a little voice echoing into the Elder's den. It had been a long, unremarkable day of grumbling about itchy fur, scratchy moss, and smellier fresh kill than normal; storytelling would be a welcome distraction for the she-cat.

"Come in Ebony, come in," Spottedfoot grunted roughly, her pearl-white tail rustling the moss as it swished over the ground. Spotted would have sat upright for the kit, but the proper motivation just hadn't presented itself. "Want to hear about the time I put a beehive in my mentor's nest? Or maybe the battle for the last salmon would be more to your liking."
Ebonykit padded in at the sight of the elder. "H-hello!" the fluffy black tom squeaked. "You're Spottedfoot, right?" The former rogue sat down, wide eyed.

"You put a bee in your mentor's nest!?" Ebonykit was filled with question, and he was gonna ask them all. "Did they get stung? Did it hurt? Did they go to the medicine cat? Did you get in trouble!?"

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit
Old August 24th, 2020, 04:40 PM
Procrastinator

Quote:

Ebonykit padded in at the sight of the elder. "H-hello!" the fluffy black tom squeaked. "You're Spottedfoot, right?" The former rogue sat down, wide eyed.

"You put a bee in your mentor's nest!?" Ebonykit was filled with question, and he was gonna ask them all. "Did they get stung? Did it hurt? Did they go to the medicine cat? Did you get in trouble!?"
"I put a whole bee hive inside his nest!" Spottedfood cackled in her raspy voice, enjoying the memory as it washed over her. "It's like a nest, but for bees. Rough and ugly with a lot holes in it- but sometimes there's sweet amber juice inside, too."

Ah. Just the image of her mousebranied mentor with his pinched face twisted in horror sent a shiver of delight down Spottedfoot's spine.

"Oh yes," The aged femme replied to all the questions at once. It was an elder tactic she learned early on in her interactions with the bouncy, energetic kits who accosted the elder's den. They were practically furry chatter-boxes with tails. "Pinetail was furious. I think he actually wanted to get me exiled after that!"

Spottedfoot purred, the sound like a stick dragging through a pile of rocks. "I had to change the elder's bedding for two moons after that. But you know what? Don't tell the warriors I said it--or do, I don't care--it was worth it. Breaking rules is good for the blood, Ebonykit. Never forget it."

Old August 25th, 2020, 06:43 AM
full time disappointment

Quote:

"I put a whole bee hive inside his nest!" Spottedfood cackled in her raspy voice, enjoying the memory as it washed over her. "It's like a nest, but for bees. Rough and ugly with a lot holes in it- but sometimes there's sweet amber juice inside, too."

Ah. Just the image of her mousebranied mentor with his pinched face twisted in horror sent a shiver of delight down Spottedfoot's spine.

"Oh yes," The aged femme replied to all the questions at once. It was an elder tactic she learned early on in her interactions with the bouncy, energetic kits who accosted the elder's den. They were practically furry chatter-boxes with tails. "Pinetail was furious. I think he actually wanted to get me exiled after that!"

Spottedfoot purred, the sound like a stick dragging through a pile of rocks. "I had to change the elder's bedding for two moons after that. But you know what? Don't tell the warriors I said it--or do, I don't care--it was worth it. Breaking rules is good for the blood, Ebonykit. Never forget it."
Ebonykit though for a minute and looked up. "Can I put a bee hive in Buningkit's nest!?" He was practically jumping up and down. "If I don't get caught, I won't get in trouble, right?

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit
Old August 26th, 2020, 12:01 PM
this night is sparkling

My Mood: Queenly

[ @Redtalon - All good! <3 ]

~~Owlflight~~

Owlflight nodded halfheartedly, probably looking like an idiot. He was an idiot. This tom defintely thought he was. Oh God...did Lemon think he was an idiot? "I'm sorry," Owlflight blurted out.

UGH. WHY WAS THIS SO AWKWARD?

"No! I mean...maybe?"
being this young is art

Old August 27th, 2020, 02:42 AM
Procrastinator

// @Cobra (Omg forgive Storm he's mean and upset at his bro currently xD)

Was this tom an idiot? Stormtalon searched Owlflight's face with pointed green eyes, wondering what could possibly be occupying his brain. Storm's head was spinning. This warrior apologized for, denied and confessed to daydreaming all in the same five seconds.

"You're acting like a smitten apprentice," Storm growled, not in the mood for any cat's antics. This was mostly because Brightkit already pushed him to his limits for one day; some part of him felt badly for Owlflight, who was just caught in the middle and didn't deserve the sharp tongued response, but that part of him was currently being smothered in frustration.

Old August 27th, 2020, 02:52 AM
Procrastinator

Quote:

Ebonykit though for a minute and looked up. "Can I put a bee hive in Buningkit's nest!?" He was practically jumping up and down. "If I don't get caught, I won't get in trouble, right?
"That," Spottedfoot began in her low, raspy voice, "is exactly the message you should take away from this story." It was possibly the best advice the old she-cat ever gave a kit. "Just don't get caught. And make sure you have a partner in crime! You can't just go hunting bee hives by yourself. It's no fun that way." There. That made it better, didn't it? A little safety measure. "You do have a friend who could help you, right?"

Old August 27th, 2020, 06:37 AM
full time disappointment

Quote:

"That," Spottedfoot began in her low, raspy voice, "is exactly the message you should take away from this story." It was possibly the best advice the old she-cat ever gave a kit. "Just don't get caught. And make sure you have a partner in crime! You can't just go hunting bee hives by yourself. It's no fun that way." There. That made it better, didn't it? A little safety measure. "You do have a friend who could help you, right?"
Burningkit. No. Burningkit wouldn't help him, she hated him. That's why he wanted to hurt her. "N-no." He looked down. "And I don't want Lionmeanie to delay my ceremony even more."

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit
Old August 31st, 2020, 12:11 PM
Procrastinator

// @Trouble
Spottedfoot regarded the tom-kit with interest at the mention of 'Lionmeanie,' wondering just how that title of RiverClan's leader came to be.

"Have you even met Lionstar, little one? Hmmmm. That is a good point. You don't want to be held back. But would Lionstar keep you from being an apprentice-- or would he give you a promotion? I dare you to ask him."

This was all horrible, terrible advice, Spotted knew. She snorted. Why was it so fun to give?

Last edited by Ziera; August 31st, 2020 at 12:13 PM.
Old August 31st, 2020, 12:35 PM
this night is sparkling

My Mood: Queenly

[ @Redtalon - That's alright, he's a great charrie! ]

~~Owlflight~~

Owlflight stared straight back at Stormtalon. Was he doing it wrong? Ah, notice the sharp green eyes. Owlflight gave him a glare, determined to make this..."Storm" back down. Yeah.

"No way," he shot back. "I'm trying to be nice and make small talk. Which you can obviously not do." This guy was so annoying. Hanging out with some dumb kit instead of a respectable warrior. Dude. C'mon.
being this young is art