Last post by taillow
Today 12:35 AM

Old April 17th, 2024, 08:11 AM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Thunderglade

Swiftfire
-------------------

Great! Her patrol, as hastily and unexpected as it was, was gathered, and since it was more of a voluntary patrol, she didn't feel the pressure or rush that regular patrols had. So once away from camp, Swiftfire allowed her pace to slow into a leisurely stroll, actually taking the time to soak in the sun and breeze and all the signs of newleaf.

She hadn't completely missed Bravebird's remarks about Sedgewater Valley, and so Swiftfire had that on her mind as she walked. Sure, they could go to the RiverClan border, show them that WindClan was strong in numbers, watching them for another transgression. But they had already been given a pretty firm warning; They were not about to let RiverClan get away with anymore. So why antagonize them? Better yet, why show their enemies the preparations they were making? Better to play the silent game for now, and keep their non-border patrol activity to a minimum if they had the option to.

At least that was her reasoning. She wasn't sure if the others would think similarly, so Swiftfire turned her head, glancing over her shoulder at Bravebird, "I figured if we gathered all the way over here, we'd be less likely to have some fish poking its nose out of its pond to see what we're doing. Squirrels? Who cares. They've been keeping their nuts to themselves, so we don't have any reason to poke at them, nor they us." She tried chuckling to make it sound lighthearted.
"Plus we have more options here. Sticks, moss, cobwebs, uh....marigold and dandelion? I'm pretty sure Lightningstorm likes her yellow flowers." Another try at a joke, but it wasn't her worst attempt either. Though this time her words were for the whole patrol, and as they reached the Thunderglade, Swiftfire sighed, "Herbs first, but I won't say no to a couple pieces of prey to bring home either."

The glade was filled with songbird activity and warm earthy prey scents, and her jaws watered at the idea of catching a mouse or two for breakfast. Shaking herself out, Swiftfire gave her patrol a friendly wave of her tail before long legs carried her off towards the roots of one of the trees, searching for sticks, moss, whatever she could carry in quantity.

@MangofDoom @Mica @taillow
[I am setting this patrol's end date to May 1st, 2024! There's no rush to get it done, so don't stress ^^]
Old April 17th, 2024, 10:52 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
...Well Dustypaw didn't seem to be all that chatty. That was alright. Bravebird gave a small sigh as she collected her herbs. "Let's head on back then. If you spot anything on the way back feel free to grab it - anything green-y or plant...y." Yeah, this was why she was a warrior and not a medicine cat.

With a flick of her tail the lilac lynx-point started to head back towards camp with her two daisies and two marigold flowers in her jaws. Oop! Just as she was trotting back she spotted a patch of moss hidden beside a rock. Bravebird made a quick detour to snag the patch of it before trotting back towards camp.

[ @starry - wanted to wrap this up since it's due today! feel free to have dusty grab something and tag along ]

"and so with my face turned up to the rain... i live."
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse

Last edited by taillow; April 17th, 2024 at 10:55 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

✱ ═ Poppysong ═ ✱

windclan warriornb/demigirl they/them23 moons
tags; @Mica @taillow @Tiabirb

Poppysong limps behind Swiftfire, trying not to breath too heavily after their sprint. They swallow and smile. They’re glad they won’t have to worry about any fish today, and can just look for herbs in peace. Thunderclanners are less likely to hurt them, right?

”Sticks, moss, cobwebs, and marigold,” Poppysong repeats as they poke their nose around to begin looking. They likely won’t be able to carry enough sticks for it to be worth searching for them, so they focus on looking for moss and cobwebs.

Poppysong spots a rock and tilts their head, flipping it over to find some moss! They smile and gently begin to remove the patches from the stone, trying to keep the patch in one piece so it’s easier to carry.

[+3 moss]

Poppysong glances over their shoulder, mouth full of moss, at the others, then to see if there are any other bits of moss around.

Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 49 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky blue eyes ]
Purrks: Flock Together T3
· · ────────────── · ·
[Swiftfire - @Tiabirb ] [Bravebird - @taillow ] [Poppysong - @MangofDoom ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur padded alongside the others, feathery fur rustling slightly with the wind. As much as the idea of showing those catfish who they were messing with appealed to him, Hawkfur was less inclined to clean up whatever mess Bravebird got herself in. Not because he was fearful she would get herself hurt, but more because he wasn't keen on carrying anymore RiverClan bodies.

Besides, Hawkfur knew how important these herbs were going to be for Lightningstorm, and he wanted to get on her good side. He doubted she would be pleased with any guilt he felt for calling for the exile of Cowtuft, so instead of moping around and feeling sorry for the former medicine cat as well as himself, he was going to endeavor to make her job easier. As Swiftfire and Poppysong broke away, Hawkfur twitched his nose and began searching for sticks and cobwebs. He wasn't too smart when it came to herbs, and was more likely to find a flower that killed a cat rather than one that helped them. So, he'd do his part by gathering things that were easily identifiable to an idiot like him.

A few dead bushes provided him some sturdy sticks that with a few grunts and a whole lot of heaving came snapping off. Easy enough! Hawkfur was careful not to knock the sticks into anything as he went searching for some cobwebs.

[Hawkfur gained +2 sticks!]

Cobwebs weren't too difficult either. And, with the sticks in his mouth, he could easily wrap the silky strands around the wood instead of using his tail or paws.

[Hawkfur gained +2 cobwebs!]
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~