Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by Morrigan
Today 07:32 AM
Cattail Pond
by BEAR.
Last post by willooowfeather
Today 07:06 AM
Sketches by a plant
Last post by blxze.
Today 07:06 AM
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Peril
Today 06:55 AM

Old January 8th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Shrinking Violet

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Realizing being so far above Silence was making it hard for her to understand him, Hoot jumped down from the tree, neatly landing on his paws. His curiosity returned as the she-cat continued. "Haven't you tried to speak?" Hoot asked, tilting his head to the side, examining Silence's ears. "I mean- your ears appear to be fine. Maybe your voice will be fine." There wasn't a direct connection between hearing and speaking, not that Hoot knew of. It seemed silly to him that Silence communicated through motion rather than using words if she may have had the ability.

Unable to focus on the she-cat alone, Hoot began to look around the clearing once more, careful to make sure Silence could see his mouth whenever he spoke. "I like to live alone." Hoot told the she-cat. He searched her eyes, unsure. "It's the best way to live. There's a lot of awful cats out there." His mew was serious. How dumb could she be, inviting cats to stay with her? "They'll take what you have and claw you in the back. Living alone is the only way to protect yourself." Suddenly aware of how open he was being, Hoot avoided Silence's eyes. He'd gotten too comfortable too fast. He still knew nothing about her. He almost asked what she meant when she said there was a reason for her being so far away from everyone, but he held his tongue. It looked like Silence may not have wanted to talk about it anyways.

"No, I'm not hungry." He said, thankful that Silence was deaf instead of blind. His belly let out a low grumble as he spoke. He was hungry, but not hungry enough to eat someone else's fresh-kill. "Are you? I could catch something for you."

She watched him steadily, seeing his questions and mulling them over. She cleared her throat, and spoke. She spoke haltingly, her voice shook, and it came out as a raspy whisper--as though she was speaking through gravel.
"S-speaking is...not easy." Silence swallowed thickly, taking a breath before she spoke again. "Only f-for...emergencies." Her voice was so rarely used, that when she spoke every word to hurt like a claw dragging up her throat.

She smiled as Hoot seemed to open up, but closed again just as quickly, like a shrinking flower.

Silence's eyes were clear and bittersweet. She nodded with his words. Yes.
Living alone means no one can hurt you.
She tilted her head to the side. But, that leaves a place very cold and kind of..empty. The little cat shrugged. I know everycat who comes must go. Often they do hurt me, whether they mean to or not, but I am always happy they came. If nothing else I learn something. Silence was communicating mostly with her eyes and expressions, now, not sure if the tom could--or cared--to understand her. Then, she smiled softly, blinking at him with warmth in her orange eyes. I'm still glad you're here. Her eyes crinkled Even if you are more hesitant than most.

He asked if she was hungry, and she shook her head. Silence then extended her claws and began to clumsily draw in the dirt. From a very faded memory, she drew a rough twoleg nest. She then rubbed her paw along her throat, trying to mime a collar. She pointed to the drawing. There is a kittypet who wanders in about once a moon, you can go back with her when she comes.
She stood, motioning to the back of the tree with her head. Theres moss back there, we can build you a fresh nest, if you'd like to stay.

Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!
Old January 8th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
She watched him steadily, seeing his questions and mulling them over. She cleared her throat, and spoke. She spoke haltingly, her voice shook, and it came out as a raspy whisper--as though she was speaking through gravel.
"S-speaking is...not easy." Silence swallowed thickly, taking a breath before she spoke again. "Only f-for...emergencies." Her voice was so rarely used, that when she spoke every word to hurt like a claw dragging up her throat.

She smiled as Hoot seemed to open up, but closed again just as quickly, like a shrinking flower.

Silence's eyes were clear and bittersweet. She nodded with his words. Yes.
Living alone means no one can hurt you.
She tilted her head to the side. But, that leaves a place very cold and kind of..empty. The little cat shrugged. I know everycat who comes must go. Often they do hurt me, whether they mean to or not, but I am always happy they came. If nothing else I learn something. Silence was communicating mostly with her eyes and expressions, now, not sure if the tom could--or cared--to understand her. Then, she smiled softly, blinking at him with warmth in her orange eyes. I'm still glad you're here. Her eyes crinkled Even if you are more hesitant than most.

He asked if she was hungry, and she shook her head. Silence then extended her claws and began to clumsily draw in the dirt. From a very faded memory, she drew a rough twoleg nest. She then rubbed her paw along her throat, trying to mime a collar. She pointed to the drawing. There is a kittypet who wanders in about once a moon, you can go back with her when she comes.
She stood, motioning to the back of the tree with her head. Theres moss back there, we can build you a fresh nest, if you'd like to stay.
Hoot jumped with surprise when he heard Silence's voice. He had prompted her to use it, but he also expected her to shake her head no, telling him she wouldn't. Her voice sounded weird. It wasn't anything like Hoot had ever heard. Silence's voice sounded like she'd abandoned it in a cave for a couple moons, only recently remembering it and using it. Not only that, but it looked like it hurt. It seemed that the she-cat was swallowing hard to make it feel better. Guilt prickled at Hoot's tan colored pelt. He didn't want Silence to hurt herself. He was just curious.

Trying to seem disinterested, Hoot watched Silence as she let her body tell her story. Her views were different from what Hoot's were. She's wrong, he decided. Silence seemed like a good cat. He still didn't know her. Although his heart was tugging him towards her, tugging him towards a friend, Hoot pulled away. Good cats like the two of them needed to be alone. They needed to be alone or else they'd be tainted by other cats' evil. He'd zoned out for a moment, missing a portion of what Silence was saying, but he'd gotten the gist. He'd understood enough to understand that they weren't as alike as Hoot thought they might have been. She enjoyed company. She wanted the cats who stayed with her to stay longer, to stay forever. Hoot didn't want any part of that. Hoot didn't want strangers and their words and their impossibleness. Hoot wanted isolation and silence. Hoot wanted to be alone. After all, if the young tom was good at anything, he was good at being alone.

Hoot looked away as Silence looked at him with a warmth in her eyes that he'd never seen before. He watched as she etched something in the dirt. At first he couldn't tell what it was, but once she swiped a paw across her throat, he understood what she meant. He nodded, still trying to avoid Silence's orange eyes. Without another word, the tom padded behind the tree and began gathering moss, tearing it with his claws when he needed to. Hoot would leave and return home when it was time, leaving Silence and their time together in this clearing. He'd go home and he'd rest and hunt and mark his territory as if today hadn't even happened.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
Hoot jumped with surprise when he heard Silence's voice. He had prompted her to use it, but he also expected her to shake her head no, telling him she wouldn't. Her voice sounded weird. It wasn't anything like Hoot had ever heard. Silence's voice sounded like she'd abandoned it in a cave for a couple moons, only recently remembering it and using it. Not only that, but it looked like it hurt. It seemed that the she-cat was swallowing hard to make it feel better. Guilt prickled at Hoot's tan colored pelt. He didn't want Silence to hurt herself. He was just curious.

Trying to seem disinterested, Hoot watched Silence as she let her body tell her story. Her views were different from what Hoot's were. She's wrong, he decided. Silence seemed like a good cat. He still didn't know her. Although his heart was tugging him towards her, tugging him towards a friend, Hoot pulled away. Good cats like the two of them needed to be alone. They needed to be alone or else they'd be tainted by other cats' evil. He'd zoned out for a moment, missing a portion of what Silence was saying, but he'd gotten the gist. He'd understood enough to understand that they weren't as alike as Hoot thought they might have been. She enjoyed company. She wanted the cats who stayed with her to stay longer, to stay forever. Hoot didn't want any part of that. Hoot didn't want strangers and their words and their impossibleness. Hoot wanted isolation and silence. Hoot wanted to be alone. After all, if the young tom was good at anything, he was good at being alone.

Hoot looked away as Silence looked at him with a warmth in her eyes that he'd never seen before. He watched as she etched something in the dirt. At first he couldn't tell what it was, but once she swiped a paw across her throat, he understood what she meant. He nodded, still trying to avoid Silence's orange eyes. Without another word, the tom padded behind the tree and began gathering moss, tearing it with his claws when he needed to. Hoot would leave and return home when it was time, leaving Silence and their time together in this clearing. He'd go home and he'd rest and hunt and mark his territory as if today hadn't even happened.
Silence would have sighed if she could. Her words had shut him down again, and she regretted that. He seemed to be honestly a kind cat, once he let himself open up. Something had striped his nerves down so that kindness rubbed like bark against him. He moved behind the tree and Silence went into the den and came back out with a mouse. Hoot'd said he wasn't hungry but she wanted to make sure he'd eaten.

You can't change how cats are. she thought as she waited for him to return, curling her tail neatly around her paws. But you do what you can and hope it was enough to leave them with a pleasant memory. Silence smiled smally as she recalled the words of the old tom who raised her. She made up her mind to ask Hoot for help with a little errand when he came back.

Old January 8th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Silence would have sighed if she could. Her words had shut him down again, and she regretted that. He seemed to be honestly a kind cat, once he let himself open up. Something had striped his nerves down so that kindness rubbed like bark against him. He moved behind the tree and Silence went into the den and came back out with a mouse. Hoot'd said he wasn't hungry but she wanted to make sure he'd eaten.

You can't change how cats are. she thought as she waited for him to return, curling her tail neatly around her paws. But you do what you can and hope it was enough to leave them with a pleasant memory. Silence smiled smally as she recalled the words of the old tom who raised her. She made up her mind to ask Hoot for help with a little errand when he came back.
Frustrated and confused for no reason obvious to himself, Hoot rolled the moss he'd gathered and into a ball so that it would be easy to carry. He picked it up between his jaws and began to pad back around the tree. The tom noticed Silence waiting patiently on the other side, her tail wrapped around her paws. Hoot's stared at her for a heartbeat before the scent of mouse drifted past his nose. The Abyssinian's belly noticed it too, growling once more, but louder this time. Hoot stubbornly willed his stomach to stop complaining. Hoot had gone longer without food before. He and his stomach would make it for now. Perhaps Silence had changed her mind about being hungry anyways. She'd caught it, so she might as well eat it. A quiet voice in the back of Hoot's head told him that wasn't why she'd brought the mouse out of her den, but he ignored it.

Setting the moss ball outside of the den, Hoot turned back to Silence, who he'd caught smiling at nothing. He gave her a questioning glance. "Something funny?" He mewed with the least amount of emotion he could manage. His effort was wasted, he realized, as Silence couldn't hear his tone of voice anyways.

Profile pic
Old January 8th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
Frustrated and confused for no reason obvious to himself, Hoot rolled the moss he'd gathered and into a ball so that it would be easy to carry. He picked it up between his jaws and began to pad back around the tree. The tom noticed Silence waiting patiently on the other side, her tail wrapped around her paws. Hoot's stared at her for a heartbeat before the scent of mouse drifted past his nose. The Abyssinian's belly noticed it too, growling once more, but louder this time. Hoot stubbornly willed his stomach to stop complaining. Hoot had gone longer without food before. He and his stomach would make it for now. Perhaps Silence had changed her mind about being hungry anyways. She'd caught it, so she might as well eat it. A quiet voice in the back of Hoot's head told him that wasn't why she'd brought the mouse out of her den, but he ignored it.

Setting the moss ball outside of the den, Hoot turned back to Silence, who he'd caught smiling at nothing. He gave her a questioning glance. "Something funny?" He mewed with the least amount of emotion he could manage. His effort was wasted, he realized, as Silence couldn't hear his tone of voice anyways.

The she-cat read his body easily--He fought briefly with his stomach to stay quiet. Hoot had probably been trying to be polite and refuse a meal. How sweet. Silence's eyes crinkled, and she pushed the mouse towards him. Only the fact that you keep insisting on not eating when your body says otherwise.
The little black cat then stood, leaving the mouse in front of her guest as she vanished under the roots with the ball of moss Hoot had collected.

She returned not long after, though she'd tried to wait long enough for him to eat at least a little. with a wet ball of moss in her teeth and other balanced on her head. Silence walked slowly back towards him, taking time after each pawstep to let the moss ball settle before moving again. She stopped before Hoot and flicked her tail back to the entrance of the den. Your nest is all set up. Her orange eyes flicked from the ball on her head to him, questioningly. Mind helping me out with this?

Last edited by Raindancer; January 8th, 2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old January 9th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
The she-cat read his body easily--He fought briefly with his stomach to stay quiet. Hoot had probably been trying to be polite and refuse a meal. How sweet. Silence's eyes crinkled, and she pushed the mouse towards him. Only the fact that you keep insisting on not eating when your body says otherwise.
The little black cat then stood, leaving the mouse in front of her guest as she vanished under the roots with the ball of moss Hoot had collected.

She returned not long after, though she'd tried to wait long enough for him to eat at least a little. with a wet ball of moss in her teeth and other balanced on her head. Silence walked slowly back towards him, taking time after each pawstep to let the moss ball settle before moving again. She stopped before Hoot and flicked her tail back to the entrance of the den. Your nest is all set up. Her orange eyes flicked from the ball on her head to him, questioningly. Mind helping me out with this?
Hoot felt a mix of irritation and relief when Silence pushed the mouse towards him. The tom was annoyed that the she-cat hadn't just trusted him when he said he wasn't hungry. If he ate this mouse, he'd be in debt to Silence. Things hadn't turned out nicely the last time that Hoot owed someone. However, he was relieved that there was a meal in front of him. His stomach was especially thankful that it didn't have to wait for a meal. The green-eyed tom waited until Silence had disappeared completely to start eating the mouse. The smell of it alone made Hoot drool. Hoot controlled how much he ate, however. He made sure not to eat the entire thing. Maybe Silence was hungry. And maybe not eating the entire mouse would prove something to the she-cat.

Thinking to himself, Hoot waited for Silence to return. He'd watched the moss balls carefully as the she-cat padded forward. "Thank you." He mewed, again, trying to sound emotionless. "I appreciate it. "What do you need me to do?" His tail waved with slight impatience behind him. He wanted something to do that had little to do with talking, and perhaps this was it. Hoot would be careful of what he said from now on, and that started with talking less.

Profile pic
Old January 9th, 2018, 05:45 PM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
Hoot felt a mix of irritation and relief when Silence pushed the mouse towards him. The tom was annoyed that the she-cat hadn't just trusted him when he said he wasn't hungry. If he ate this mouse, he'd be in debt to Silence. Things hadn't turned out nicely the last time that Hoot owed someone. However, he was relieved that there was a meal in front of him. His stomach was especially thankful that it didn't have to wait for a meal. The green-eyed tom waited until Silence had disappeared completely to start eating the mouse. The smell of it alone made Hoot drool. Hoot controlled how much he ate, however. He made sure not to eat the entire thing. Maybe Silence was hungry. And maybe not eating the entire mouse would prove something to the she-cat.

Thinking to himself, Hoot waited for Silence to return. He'd watched the moss balls carefully as the she-cat padded forward. "Thank you." He mewed, again, trying to sound emotionless. "I appreciate it. "What do you need me to do?" His tail waved with slight impatience behind him. He wanted something to do that had little to do with talking, and perhaps this was it. Hoot would be careful of what he said from now on, and that started with talking less.

Silence saw he had eaten at least some of the mouse, and was relieved. When he responded to her question, she smiled around the moss ball in her mouth. Gently leaning down, she tipped the one on her head to his feet, and motioned for him to pick it up. She then trotted to the edge of the clearing, stopping to look over her shoulder.
Follow me.

Old January 10th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Silence saw he had eaten at least some of the mouse, and was relieved. When he responded to her question, she smiled around the moss ball in her mouth. Gently leaning down, she tipped the one on her head to his feet, and motioned for him to pick it up. She then trotted to the edge of the clearing, stopping to look over her shoulder.
Follow me.
Without another word, Hoot picked up the moss ball and settled it between his jaws. A little bit of it tickled his nose making his nose wrinkled and his eyes squint like he was about to sneeze. He huffed, trying to blow the moss away from his nose. Once the problem was resolved, he looked back at Silence, who was waiting for him. Unable to say anything around the moss between his jaws, Hoot just nodded, signaling that he understood and followed the she-cat's lead.

Profile pic
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
Without another word, Hoot picked up the moss ball and settled it between his jaws. A little bit of it tickled his nose making his nose wrinkled and his eyes squint like he was about to sneeze. He huffed, trying to blow the moss away from his nose. Once the problem was resolved, he looked back at Silence, who was waiting for him. Unable to say anything around the moss between his jaws, Hoot just nodded, signaling that he understood and followed the she-cat's lead.
Silence took off at a slow trot into the forest, and walked to a small clearing. Five patches of flowers grew side by side, each a different kind. A cluster of white chamomile blooms, then a few stalks of celandine which were beside the soft pink bright-eye flowers, then a splash of purple from the borage plant with the large bindweed blooms last in line. Silence walked up to the Chamomile and squeezed the moss ball between her jaws, dripping water down onto the plant. She looked over her shoulder at Hoot and motioned for him to do the same.

(Sorry for vanishing! I took an overnight trip w/o my computer)

Old January 12th, 2018, 08:53 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Silence took off at a slow trot into the forest, and walked to a small clearing. Five patches of flowers grew side by side, each a different kind. A cluster of white chamomile blooms, then a few stalks of celandine which were beside the soft pink bright-eye flowers, then a splash of purple from the borage plant with the large bindweed blooms last in line. Silence walked up to the Chamomile and squeezed the moss ball between her jaws, dripping water down onto the plant. She looked over her shoulder at Hoot and motioned for him to do the same.

(Sorry for vanishing! I took an overnight trip w/o my computer)
Hoot followed closely behind Silence, trying to match her pace. His green eyes widened as he finally noticed the groups of plants growing in the clearing. It seemed organized, not how you'd typically see these plants in the wild. At least, Hoot had never seen anything like this before. The tom watched Silence begin to water the plants, cocking his head while doing so. As confused as he was, Hoot followed her lead, putting pressure on the moss ball and letting the water fall out of it and onto the plant. "What is this?" He asked around the moss ball in his mouth. He looked across the different colors of flowers and plants mesmerized by the fact that Silence took care of them.

[ No problem! ]

Profile pic