Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Surprise!
Last post by Dark
Today 04:46 AM
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Apollo.
Today 03:48 AM
[LF] kestrelpaw art
by Rose
Last post by Myling
Today 03:23 AM
Beachpaw's Training
Last post by Fawn
Today 02:53 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 02:31 AM

Old October 20th, 2017, 10:54 AM

My Mood: Lonely

Default Re: Did Thistleclaw deserve to go to the Dark Forest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post

Here's a few of my own videos I think people should give a watch!
LZRD WZRD is great. Though I do disagree that Thistleclaw is in DF because he looks like that.(And I think LZRD was kidding.) Anyways, the reason Thistle looks like that is because he was in the dark forest, if you look at his other pictures,(Particularly his warrior one.) he actually looks kinda cool.

If I don't respond feel free ot PM?VM/@ me!
Finder | Kits needed | My Fair Lady Plot | Sound of Silence Plot | Charrie Site-HUGE WIP | Essie and Constellation's Romeo by SpiralWhirl
PM/VM me if you want to roleplay!
I have a lot of roleplays so if I don't respond, VM me!
Old October 20th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingEchoes View Post

LZRD WZRD is great. Though I do disagree that Thistleclaw is in DF because he looks like that.(And I think LZRD was kidding.) Anyways, the reason Thistle looks like that is because he was in the dark forest, if you look at his other pictures,(Particularly his warrior one.) he actually looks kinda cool.
Ha, yeah no, I wasn't saying he was in the DF because he looked like that, just thought it was a relevant video! I'm gonna have to agree w/ King here and say he's in the DF for killing another cat in the DF (and thus never redeeming himself).

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]
Old October 20th, 2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Ha, yeah no, I wasn't saying he was in the DF because he looked like that, just thought it was a relevant video! I'm gonna have to agree w/ King here and say he's in the DF for killing another cat in the DF (and thus never redeeming himself).
Yeah I suppose that makes sense, though I still think he didn't deserve to be there. Especially because Ashfur is in STC. Speaking of redemption, I really wish this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16YxXn5-czY would have happened. The part at the end where she talks about an alternative ending, I love it.

Finder | Kits needed | My Fair Lady Plot | Sound of Silence Plot | Charrie Site-HUGE WIP | Essie and Constellation's Romeo by SpiralWhirl

Last edited by FadingEchoes; October 20th, 2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old October 20th, 2017, 05:34 PM
cool

My Mood: Adorable

Quote:

Yeah I suppose that makes sense, though I still think he didn't deserve to be there. Especially because Ashfur is in STC. Speaking of redemption, I really wish this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16YxXn5-czY would have happened. The part at the end where she talks about an alternative ending, I love it.
ashfur never killed anyone (that i know of)..? he threatened to, but still, he wasn't guilty of murder
Old October 20th, 2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
ashfur never killed anyone (that i know of)..? he threatened to, but still, he wasn't guilty of murder
Spoiler Alert: He did try to kill Holly Jay and Lion.
Edit: At least I think he did, did I imagine that?

Last edited by FadingEchoes; October 20th, 2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old October 20th, 2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Thistleclaw is in the Dark Forest because he trained in the Dark Forest plain and simple. I don't remember much since it's been a long time since I read Bluestar's Prophecy, but despite everything else, the reason he's not in Starclan is because he defied them and trained in the Dark Forest.
As much as I see the point you are getting to, I don't see training in the Dark Forest a reason for going there. Training in the Dark Forest just means you're trained how to be merciless and kill cats easily. From my view, Thistle meant well when he tried to join them because he was looking for training that would make him grow to be the best warrior he could be for his clan. I see that as loyalty, not something that should be described as a reason for not going to StarClan. In addition, I've seen cats that trained in the Dark Forest go to StarClan.

I don't see the real reason Thistleclaw went to the Dark Forest. In my opinion, he deserves to go to StarClan, unless he doesn't want to be there. Thistle, in my perspective, 100% DID NOT tell Tigerpaw, by any means, to kill Tiny (otherwise referred to as Scourge). He told Tigerpaw to defend their territory, and Tigerpaw took it way too far. As FadingEchoes said, Thistle could have stopped him and the fact that he didn't is sort of wrong but not evil, but it's a whole different story when some cat asks you to kill a kit. It was Tigerpaw's decision, and he took it much too far but Thistleclaw isn't to be blamed for Tigerpaw's wrongdoings. When he blamed Bluefur? Well, how would you feel if someone you loved left you? Besides, it's normal when someone's not thinking straight when they're sad or something, so blaming Bluefur was completely normal. Now, calling Thistleclaw evil for that? It wasn't that he was lying. His mate left him, what did you expect him to do? Blaming Bluefur, from my view, was his only way to express his depression. Plus, Thistleclaw was showing loyalty to his mate. He loved her, so how could he not express his anger, especially on someone that hated him? I see Thistleclaw's accusations towards Bluefur, and his reaction, for that matter, normal. He was obviously devastated when his mate left their one kit alone. What type of cat could blame him for that? Every cat wants to be a good parent, and when his mate left him he was depressed. Thistleclaw cared and taught his son. Thistle would not have made a bad deputy. He was loyal to his clan and caring for some, unafraid of death if it benefited his Clan.And remember how Bluestar said he died in a fight he'd started with another Clan? Well, who decides who fights or not? Russetfur did the same, and no one ain't calling er evil or saying she should go to the Dark Forest. Bluestar hated Thistleclaw for no particular reason, which is only one of the reason I don't necessarily like her. Thistleclaw wasn't evil; I don't see why he deserved to spend his days in the Dark Forest.

Sorry for this very long rant. I wanted to get my thoughts out about when he was a warrior. I didn't do the kit stage or apprentice stage since it's already a bit long.

Don't wanna wake up one day wishing
that we'd done more

I wanna live fast and never
look back, that's what we here for

Don't wanna wake up one day wondering "where'd it all go?"
'Cause we'll be home
before we know
Old October 20th, 2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
To be honest, you have a point - he wasn't exactly guilty of murdering any cat. The fact that he is in StarClan still bugs me, though.

Ashfur was threatening to kill Squirrelflight's kits. He did not respect the fact that Squirrelflight had her own brain, her own decisions, her own rights. He wanted to force her to be mates with him, to have kits with him and let him be the father of them. When he found that she had had kits with Bramble, he was furious. Now, I understand the reason he was furious. However, in my opinion, he had taken it too far. When they were stuck in the middle of the fire, Squirrelflight, Ashfur, and Squirrel's kits, Ashfur threatened to kill her kits simply because she wanted to be mates with some other cat and didn't love him the way he loved her. Killing was too threatening a punishment for loving Bramble. Now, how would he have liked it if she had been mates with him but only faked her love for him? That would have been worse, to be honest. She did him a favor by showing her true love for Bramble and not faking her love for Ash just to make him happy. Lying would have only made him even more furious.

In my opinion, Ash shouldn't be in StarClan. He shouldn't necessarily be in the Dark Forest either, though, but he wanted to kill Jayfeather, Lion, and Holly just because Squirrel had a choice who to be mates with.
Old October 20th, 2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:

Spoiler Alert: He did try to kill Holly Jay and Lion.
Edit: At least I think he did, did I imagine that?
No, you're not imagining anything.

From my knowledge, there was a fire in ThunderClan and Squirrel was leading Holly, Jay, And Lion out but got stuck. That was where Ashfur met them. He threatened to kill them and tried to force them closer to the flames, from what I remember. Read my previous post. He wanted to kill them, and force Squirrel to be mates with him, because he loved her. However, when he found she didn't love him the way he loved her, and when she had chosen Bramble over him, he didn't respect her decision or her choice to be mates with whom she truly loved, he took it too far and when the fire came to be, threatened to kill her kits.
Old October 20th, 2017, 10:23 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopekit View Post
As much as I see the point you are getting to, I don't see training in the Dark Forest a reason for going there. Training in the Dark Forest just means you're trained how to be merciless and kill cats easily. From my view, Thistle meant well when he tried to join them because he was looking for training that would make him grow to be the best warrior he could be for his clan. I see that as loyalty, not something that should be described as a reason for not going to StarClan. In addition, I've seen cats that trained in the Dark Forest go to StarClan.

I don't see the real reason Thistleclaw went to the Dark Forest. In my opinion, he deserves to go to StarClan, unless he doesn't want to be there. Thistle, in my perspective, 100% DID NOT tell Tigerpaw, by any means, to kill Tiny (otherwise referred to as Scourge). He told Tigerpaw to defend their territory, and Tigerpaw took it way too far. As FadingEchoes said, Thistle could have stopped him and the fact that he didn't is sort of wrong but not evil, but it's a whole different story when some cat asks you to kill a kit. It was Tigerpaw's decision, and he took it much too far but Thistleclaw isn't to be blamed for Tigerpaw's wrongdoings. When he blamed Bluefur? Well, how would you feel if someone you loved left you? Besides, it's normal when someone's not thinking straight when they're sad or something, so blaming Bluefur was completely normal. Now, calling Thistleclaw evil for that? It wasn't that he was lying. His mate left him, what did you expect him to do? Blaming Bluefur, from my view, was his only way to express his depression. Plus, Thistleclaw was showing loyalty to his mate. He loved her, so how could he not express his anger, especially on someone that hated him? I see Thistleclaw's accusations towards Bluefur, and his reaction, for that matter, normal. He was obviously devastated when his mate left their one kit alone. What type of cat could blame him for that? Every cat wants to be a good parent, and when his mate left him he was depressed. Thistleclaw cared and taught his son. Thistle would not have made a bad deputy. He was loyal to his clan and caring for some, unafraid of death if it benefited his Clan.And remember how Bluestar said he died in a fight he'd started with another Clan? Well, who decides who fights or not? Russetfur did the same, and no one ain't calling er evil or saying she should go to the Dark Forest. Bluestar hated Thistleclaw for no particular reason, which is only one of the reason I don't necessarily like her. Thistleclaw wasn't evil; I don't see why he deserved to spend his days in the Dark Forest.

Sorry for this very long rant. I wanted to get my thoughts out about when he was a warrior. I didn't do the kit stage or apprentice stage since it's already a bit long.

I've said it like 5 times xD; I agree w/ King that the reason Thistle is in the DF is because he killed a cat in the DF and not just by purely training there, and beyond that, he never redeemed himself. I'll eventually make a rant I just don't want to type it out OTL

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]
Old October 21st, 2017, 10:49 AM
bruh head

/O/

Finally someone else actually sees Thistle as a good cat, because unlike about every cat that went to the dark forest, he never actually killed anyone. Not to mention that he was kind of killed for no reason, tbh.
Like seriously, he was really only a little bit aggressive during patrols apparently, and so was Mudclaw, and not to mention how Mudclaw did try to take over leadership in WindClan, and he still went too StarClan. Basically, the same thing with Ashfur. After all, he did try to murder his mate and foster kits in a fire, ans he somehow gets a pass for that? Like seriously.