Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by ramen
Today 12:43 AM
Clan Name Game
by Topaz
Last post by the kitty
Today 12:39 AM
Character interaction and...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 12:26 AM
~>>Windflowerpaw's.....
by nyx
Last post by ramen
Today 12:23 AM
Doeflame finder
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:12 AM

Old January 22nd, 2018, 07:57 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
Gorsepaw shrugged "Trust me, I never really go out these days...especially not now. But despite the battle destroying WindClan, I think I can see where Blazingstar was going. If it's Leaf-bare and there's no prey or herbs, it would be a great time to attack ThunderClan when they're weaker but of course, like you said, a bad time for WindClan too. Not to mention the fact that they brought ShadowClan and RiverClan into it too. And considering this is over a dead warrior, I think that border skirmish was probably enough..." The apprentice sat down and began to groom herself. Her brown tabby pelt was covered in dust and dirt and debris.
"Umm hmm," Shinefang hummed in agreement. "I'd say your bandages will be just fine during the trip to and back from the fresh kill pile. Think you can go grab us something," the old tom asked as scratched behind his shredded ear. "We'll have a meal and then maybe I'll rest through the colder part of the morning.

Old January 22nd, 2018, 08:06 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
(Basically give him advice to try another moon or two)
Logpaw nodded and began to play with Logpaw tossing the stick in the air and catching it rolling around.

Beespirit nodded,” Sorry. I guess I feel he’s a lost hope- but he’s my first apprentice, and if I fail, I may never recieve a normal apprentice.” He meowed sadly shaking his head he nodded,” I do what my mentor did and my best, try to get him to leave the stick in his nest, focus on hunting, by working on his hunting stance, and ocassionally snapping when he wanders off excited my a stick. I can’t seem to keep him focused.” He meowed.
Shinefang listened to the warrior explain his trouble, understanding taking the edge off his irritation. Without a doubt, Logpaw was not a typical apprentice, and Beespirit was young and excited to mentor. It would be disappointing to find himself facing a much more difficult mentoring job than most. At this moment, he really couldn't say whether Logpaw would ever be able to be a warrior. He nodded. "Normally, that would do nicely, but I don't think talking to him like a six-moon-old is going to work here. He acts like a kit. Why not try talking to him like a kit? Queens have to teach kits about clan life all the time. Don't eat this, do this with the soiled moss, don't do that when you play with your brother. You get the idea. How about you give that a try for another moon or so and see what happens?" he suggested.

Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:07 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"Umm hmm," Shinefang hummed in agreement. "I'd say your bandages will be just fine during the trip to and back from the fresh kill pile. Think you can go grab us something," the old tom asked as scratched behind his shredded ear. "We'll have a meal and then maybe I'll rest through the colder part of the morning.
"Okay!" Gorsepaw sprang up and slipped out into the clearing. She looked around for any of her friends or siblings but saw none of them so she returned a few moments later with a pigeon and a vole. "I'd rather you had the pigeon, ShineFang" the apprentice offered, pushing the grey bird to the old Tom.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 07:44 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
"Okay!" Gorsepaw sprang up and slipped out into the clearing. She looked around for any of her friends or siblings but saw none of them so she returned a few moments later with a pigeon and a vole. "I'd rather you had the pigeon, ShineFang" the apprentice offered, pushing the grey bird to the old Tom.
Shinefang wrinkled his nose at the pigeon and pushed it toward the apprentice. "I don't like bird meat," he replied simply, dragging the smaller piece of prey toward him with a single claw. The vole was a scrawny one, as he'd expect in leafbare. But it would be enough for him Gorsepaw would need her strength as she kept healing anyway. The old medicine cat licked his lips as he finished his bite. "So, you excited to get back in the apprentice den? I bet you have apprentice friends that will be glad to have you back."

Old January 24th, 2018, 02:14 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Shinefang wrinkled his nose at the pigeon and pushed it toward the apprentice. "I don't like bird meat," he replied simply, dragging the smaller piece of prey toward him with a single claw. The vole was a scrawny one, as he'd expect in leafbare. But it would be enough for him Gorsepaw would need her strength as she kept healing anyway. The old medicine cat licked his lips as he finished his bite. "So, you excited to get back in the apprentice den? I bet you have apprentice friends that will be glad to have you back."
Gorsepaw nodded, understanding ShineFang's point and started to dig into the grey bird. "I never really speak to anyone in the apprentice den...I don't really have any friends either apart from my siblings. I met another apprentice the day I got my injury but I didn't like her that much. She was probably happy to get rid of me. Then there's my old friend NeverFalter...but he's not here now so I don't think I can call him a friend. Only a traitor." The tabby Molly grumbled.
Old January 24th, 2018, 11:44 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Shinefang listened to the warrior explain his trouble, understanding taking the edge off his irritation. Without a doubt, Logpaw was not a typical apprentice, and Beespirit was young and excited to mentor. It would be disappointing to find himself facing a much more difficult mentoring job than most. At this moment, he really couldn't say whether Logpaw would ever be able to be a warrior. He nodded. "Normally, that would do nicely, but I don't think talking to him like a six-moon-old is going to work here. He acts like a kit. Why not try talking to him like a kit? Queens have to teach kits about clan life all the time. Don't eat this, do this with the soiled moss, don't do that when you play with your brother. You get the idea. How about you give that a try for another moon or so and see what happens?" he suggested.
He nodded,” That is a good idea...but I’m not exactly sure what queens do. I don’t recall how my mother prepared me for apprenticehood, and I’m young enough I don’t have any kits, so natural father insticts haven’t kicked in yet. Which makes this me not the perfect mentor, but if I fail him, I may never get another apprentice.” He meowed.Grousestar probably knows he has difficulties, he maybe would forgive me.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old January 24th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Gorsepaw nodded, understanding ShineFang's point and started to dig into the grey bird. "I never really speak to anyone in the apprentice den...I don't really have any friends either apart from my siblings. I met another apprentice the day I got my injury but I didn't like her that much. She was probably happy to get rid of me. Then there's my old friend NeverFalter...but he's not here now so I don't think I can call him a friend. Only a traitor." The tabby Molly grumbled.
Shinefang took another bite of the vole, chewing as he looked thoughtfully at the hunger cat. "I wouldn't sweat it, Rabbit. When you go back, you'll have quite the conversation starter." He swallowed, licking the last scraps of the meal from his white paws. "Making friends can be hard. But it's good to remember that you already have something in common with your denmates. Skyclan. You're all training to be warriors here." As an apprentice, Shinefang had been social. But his mother passed away less than a moon before his warrior ceremony. It had been the beginning of his withdrawal. Not to mention, after she died, he was left with his missing eye, and it hurt to see the look on other cat's faces. Their pitiable stares at the poor, broken apprentice... But he had still managed to stay keep the company of others well enough to meet his mate. And just like that, he felt his mood falter. "I think I may head to my nest now. If you need anything, wake me," he said, getting up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
He nodded,” That is a good idea...but I’m not exactly sure what queens do. I don’t recall how my mother prepared me for apprenticehood, and I’m young enough I don’t have any kits, so natural father insticts haven’t kicked in yet. Which makes this me not the perfect mentor, but if I fail him, I may never get another apprentice.” He meowed.Grousestar probably knows he has difficulties, he maybe would forgive me.
Shinefang rolled his eye with a snort. "You young warriors. Always worried about failing. Wake up, Beebrain. Learning to be a mentor is no different from learning to hunt or fight. We start off being terrible, and then eventually if we keep trying we become almost not terrible. Work even harder and you might even be good someday. Grousestar knows that, and I guarantee you if he's seen Logpaw, he has an idea that he's not easy to teach," the old tom griped. It was the closest thing Beespirit could expect to see resembling encouragement from Shinefang. "In the mean time, why not ask the queens how they teach their wiley little broods to behave themselves. Considering we're not beating away mischievous kits right now, clearly they know something."

Old January 24th, 2018, 10:06 PM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

A six-moon-old apprentice was stumbling and tripping over her own paws around the clearing, for some reason unable to find the medicine den. Her eyes were wild and her fur spiked up, poking her head in through nearly every single den before finally following the tang of herbs to Shinefang's den. A bit tired by the stumble around the camp, which left her pelt a complete catastrophe, Wolfpaw called into the darker den, "Can I come in? I've got a- thorn- in my- paw- I just can't..." she trailed off, trying to hook it out. The thing didn't budge.

[ @Charmer ]
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old January 24th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue jellie View Post
A six-moon-old apprentice was stumbling and tripping over her own paws around the clearing, for some reason unable to find the medicine den. Her eyes were wild and her fur spiked up, poking her head in through nearly every single den before finally following the tang of herbs to Shinefang's den. A bit tired by the stumble around the camp, which left her pelt a complete catastrophe, Wolfpaw called into the darker den, "Can I come in? I've got a- thorn- in my- paw- I just can't..." she trailed off, trying to hook it out. The thing didn't budge.

[ @Charmer ]
Shinefang was deeper in his den, napping in his nest after sharing a meal with Gorsepaw. The morning had been cold and it had been rough on his joints, so he had resolved to sleep a little longer until the day warmed up. Cats could wake him if they needed him. He didn't hear the young apprentice call out though. The old tom was in a sweet, dreamless sleep, and snoring, violently enough to make the tip of his tail that was draped over his nose lift slightly in the breeze of it.

Old January 25th, 2018, 06:33 AM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Shinefang was deeper in his den, napping in his nest after sharing a meal with Gorsepaw. The morning had been cold and it had been rough on his joints, so he had resolved to sleep a little longer until the day warmed up. Cats could wake him if they needed him. He didn't hear the young apprentice call out though. The old tom was in a sweet, dreamless sleep, and snoring, violently enough to make the tip of his tail that was draped over his nose lift slightly in the breeze of it.
Helplessly standing on three paws and glancing into the den, she looked around warily before stepping quietly into the den. The snoring was loud enough to rattle the walls, and it seemed to do that as she approached his nest. Yowling to wake him up, she repeated the earlier phrase, nudging him a few times.
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯