Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > StarClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Abyssopelagic
Today 07:43 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 07:38 AM
Cattail Pond
by BEAR.
Last post by willooowfeather
Today 07:06 AM
Sketches by a plant
Last post by blxze.
Today 07:06 AM

Old January 6th, 2018, 12:23 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang was almost taken aback. He had never spoken to a cat with as many insulting names for the cats of Starclan as himself. I'll have to step up my game, he mused privately, never to be outdone by any shining and shimmering, foxhearted kitwits. He gave a shrug, "Well, it was either that or you heard the Starclan shecats talking and had to see for yourself. Mystery solved, I am indeed that handsome." the old tom said, grinning his twisted, grimace-like grin, cocking his head in mock coyness and showing off the scars on his face.

In spite of his not-so covert desire to knock the other tom off his Skyboulder, his ears perked up when the tom mentions his joint pain. It was true, the colder the season got, the worse it became. He had spent most of the mornings lately shuffling from the stiffness. Daydream had told him about using daisy leaves, but he had no idea what those looked like. Willowtree bark? "I have not," he said flatly, all joking set aside now. If it was really that simple, he was in luck. There was a willow tree in Skyclan's territory not far from the Starcave. "What should I do with it once I have it?" he asked, unsure if he was meant to apply it to his joints or... eat tree bark?
"Charming," he responded dryly. "How could I resist such a dashing young tom like yourself? You have all the ladies and gentlemen swoonin' over you." Realistically, he didn't know of anyone interested in the SkyClan medicine cat other than Slatepelt. It wasn't his concern. He had better things to do with his time than listen to the gossip.

"You'll want to eat a small portion of the strip of bark you harvest, with water preferably. Otherwise, it can catch in your throat and be a nuisance." Like when kits got splinters or thorns in their pads. Not necessarily dangerous, but it could be a pain to get out. "It should ease the pain shortly after being consumed, and if needed you can also pair it with a small piece of prey to help it go down. I would be careful when getting the bark from the tree. Treat it like moss - carefully hook it to avoid pulling up any dirt beneath it. The last thing you want is a mouthful of mud when you're already trying to choke down bark."

wolfhive
Old January 6th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad King View Post

"Charming," he responded dryly. "How could I resist such a dashing young tom like yourself? You have all the ladies and gentlemen swoonin' over you." Realistically, he didn't know of anyone interested in the SkyClan medicine cat other than Slatepelt. It wasn't his concern. He had better things to do with his time than listen to the gossip.

"You'll want to eat a small portion of the strip of bark you harvest, with water preferably. Otherwise, it can catch in your throat and be a nuisance." Like when kits got splinters or thorns in their pads. Not necessarily dangerous, but it could be a pain to get out. "It should ease the pain shortly after being consumed, and if needed you can also pair it with a small piece of prey to help it go down. I would be careful when getting the bark from the tree. Treat it like moss - carefully hook it to avoid pulling up any dirt beneath it. The last thing you want is a mouthful of mud when you're already trying to choke down bark."
"Huh," Shinefang replied shortly. It was just a little surreal to be receiving directions on how to handle herbs from a dead cat, but if it helped with his joints, he'd try just about anything. "Alright then. I'll try that. My joints seem to be getting worse as the weather gets colder. I was starting to think by the time leafbare hit, I'd be pretty useless. Thanks," Shinefang may have been a proud cat, but he'd give credit where it was due.

A major issue in his life now resolved, Shinefang looked around a little awkwardly. "So uh... anything else?" he asked "I'm still new to this whole, dead cats talking to me in my sleep thing. Is there a part now where you tell me some vague nonsense that's gonna turn out to mean something deep later or give advice about how Skyclan should handle this Thunderclan and Windclan idiocy?" he asked, his tail twitching with some curiosity. "I obviously have my own opinions regarding all of that, but I did make a promise to my leader to share anything advice or wisdom or whatever you you shared with me," he said, shrugging as explained. Shinefang himself put very little stock in the words of Starclan cats, or whatever this Thunderhowl character claimed to be, but he respected Grousestar and planned to keep his word to him. He had sworn to do the duty of a medicine cat as he served Skyclan, and part of that duty. This was one of them.

Old January 9th, 2018, 09:50 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
"Huh," Shinefang replied shortly. It was just a little surreal to be receiving directions on how to handle herbs from a dead cat, but if it helped with his joints, he'd try just about anything. "Alright then. I'll try that. My joints seem to be getting worse as the weather gets colder. I was starting to think by the time leafbare hit, I'd be pretty useless. Thanks," Shinefang may have been a proud cat, but he'd give credit where it was due.

A major issue in his life now resolved, Shinefang looked around a little awkwardly. "So uh... anything else?" he asked "I'm still new to this whole, dead cats talking to me in my sleep thing. Is there a part now where you tell me some vague nonsense that's gonna turn out to mean something deep later or give advice about how Skyclan should handle this Thunderclan and Windclan idiocy?" he asked, his tail twitching with some curiosity. "I obviously have my own opinions regarding all of that, but I did make a promise to my leader to share anything advice or wisdom or whatever you you shared with me," he said, shrugging as explained. Shinefang himself put very little stock in the words of Starclan cats, or whatever this Thunderhowl character claimed to be, but he respected Grousestar and planned to keep his word to him. He had sworn to do the duty of a medicine cat as he served Skyclan, and part of that duty. This was one of them.
"No," the golden spirit responded, in a rather matter-of-factly manner. "My advice for the war is to do what Grousestar thinks is best for SkyClan. It is not my duty to say whether getting involved or not is the path you should take." Ideally, he wanted to stay out of that mess as much as possible. The StarClan cats should to. They had no reason to poke their nose in the business of the living.

"I'll let you go now. I don't like keeping others here longer than necessary, and I'm sure that head o' yours can handle discussing SkyClan's future with your leader without your ancestors guiding your paw. Good luck, Shinefang." With everything. Thunderhowl didn't think it'd be easy to serve the Clan as a new medicine cat at Shinefang's age, but he figured if anyone could do it it'd be a battle-hardened veteran.

The former ShadowClan tom began to fade, growing transparent until the shape of his body melted into the ground of the dream-landscape.

wolfhive
Old January 9th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad King View Post

"No," the golden spirit responded, in a rather matter-of-factly manner. "My advice for the war is to do what Grousestar thinks is best for SkyClan. It is not my duty to say whether getting involved or not is the path you should take." Ideally, he wanted to stay out of that mess as much as possible. The StarClan cats should to. They had no reason to poke their nose in the business of the living.

"I'll let you go now. I don't like keeping others here longer than necessary, and I'm sure that head o' yours can handle discussing SkyClan's future with your leader without your ancestors guiding your paw. Good luck, Shinefang." With everything. Thunderhowl didn't think it'd be easy to serve the Clan as a new medicine cat at Shinefang's age, but he figured if anyone could do it it'd be a battle-hardened veteran.

The former ShadowClan tom began to fade, growing transparent until the shape of his body melted into the ground of the dream-landscape.
We can end it there. Thanks, that was fun! I like Thunderhowl

Old January 28th, 2018, 08:14 PM
Sigh...

@Dust

Shinefang sighed heavily, as he realized where he was. "Well, at least I got a couple nights off," he grumbled. "Kind of wish I could have had the dream about catching the rabbit again though." Shinefang waved his tail back and forth as he looked around, wondering who he would be talking with tonight as he breathed deeply. The air was ripe with prey scents and green, not the cold and frosty scent of the territory now. It was a welcome break. Besides, his joints didn't hurt while he was here. "Hello?" he called out, peering around in search of the cat who wanted his attention.

Old January 29th, 2018, 12:09 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
@Dust

Shinefang sighed heavily, as he realized where he was. "Well, at least I got a couple nights off," he grumbled. "Kind of wish I could have had the dream about catching the rabbit again though." Shinefang waved his tail back and forth as he looked around, wondering who he would be talking with tonight as he breathed deeply. The air was ripe with prey scents and green, not the cold and frosty scent of the territory now. It was a welcome break. Besides, his joints didn't hurt while he was here. "Hello?" he called out, peering around in search of the cat who wanted his attention.
Like magic, the Starclan warrior seemed to materialize from nothing, her eyes gentle and full of love as she gazed at Shinefang, standing a few tail-lengths away perched upon a small hill. Long strands of lush deep green grass swayed by her paws, parting with each silent step she took towards him. "Greetings, Shinefang." She mumbled softly, dipping her head politely to the medicine cat. All formalities really. The only thing Slatepelt wanted to do was curl up next to her mate, sharing tongues after almost a moon of no contact. After their last talk the spirit was more than anticipating their next visit with each other. With delicate ease, the warrior finally slipped through the foliage and stopped abruptly in front of Shinefang. Extending her muzzle towards the other, she rubbed the side of her face against his cheek, traces of stardust lingering where she had made contact. "What was that about rabbits?" She tilted her head, a mischievously glint in her eye as she finally took a seat in front of him, her tail curling neatly around her paws.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]

Last edited by Dust; January 29th, 2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old January 29th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Like magic, the Starclan warrior seemed to materialize from nothing, her eyes gentle and full of love as she gazed at Shinefang, standing a few tail-lengths away perched upon a small hill. Long strands of lush deep green grass swayed by her paws, parting with each silent step she took towards him. "Greetings, Shinefang." She mumbled softly, dipping her head politely to the medicine cat. All formalities really. The only thing Slatepelt wanted to do was curl up next to her mate, sharing tongues after almost a moon of no contact. After their last talk the spirit was more than anticipating their next visit with each other. With delicate ease, the warrior finally slipped through the foliage and stopped abruptly in front of Shinefang. Extending her muzzle towards the other, she rubbed the side of her face against his cheek, traces of stardust lingering where she had made contact. "What was that about rabbits?" She tilted her head, a mischievously glint in her eye as she finally took a seat in front of him, her tail curling neatly around her paws.
Shinefang couldn't stop his grin as his former mate bowed formally and crept forward to rub her soft face against his. A purr escaped him. She smelled like the woods of Skyclan's old forest home. Alder and cedar. He laughed a little, embarrassed. "Had a dream a couple days ago that I was hunting rabbits in our old home. I got this close to catching the biggest one you ever did see," he meowed, holding his paw in front of his eye to demonstrate the distance. "Can't exactly catch them these days. I tell you Slate, leafbare is murder on my joints." The old tom bent his back and gave a long, luxurious stretch. "Oh yeah," he purred, enjoying his loose and ache-free body. "So what now, Glimmerpelt? Is there some kind of doom and gloom prophecy to share with me or some other such business?" he asked, teasingly. Oh how nice it was too see her. After a moon without her... it wasn't as though he hadn't gone longer but now that he had the chance to see her again, though he'd never admit it, he was beginning to hope his dreams would take him here. He wasn't angry with her anymore. How could he be? She was his Slatepelt.

Old January 30th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Mama Dust

Quote:
Shinefang couldn't stop his grin as his former mate bowed formally and crept forward to rub her soft face against his. A purr escaped him. She smelled like the woods of Skyclan's old forest home. Alder and cedar. He laughed a little, embarrassed. "Had a dream a couple days ago that I was hunting rabbits in our old home. I got this close to catching the biggest one you ever did see," he meowed, holding his paw in front of his eye to demonstrate the distance. "Can't exactly catch them these days. I tell you Slate, leafbare is murder on my joints." The old tom bent his back and gave a long, luxurious stretch. "Oh yeah," he purred, enjoying his loose and ache-free body. "So what now, Glimmerpelt? Is there some kind of doom and gloom prophecy to share with me or some other such business?" he asked, teasingly. Oh how nice it was too see her. After a moon without her... it wasn't as though he hadn't gone longer but now that he had the chance to see her again, though he'd never admit it, he was beginning to hope his dreams would take him here. He wasn't angry with her anymore. How could he be? She was his Slatepelt.
A goofy grin was plastered across her maw as Shinefang explained the dream to her. It sounded like a terrific dream and in all honesty, Slate wished she still dreamed or at least remembered what the old territory looked like. It's been so long... That was for a different time though. She shook away the thoughts and refocused her attention on Shinefang. Purring rhythmically as the medicine cat babbled on, her gaze affectionately drifted across his face to meet his eyes. Her grin only faltered as Shinefang mentioned his joints, worry flashing behind her translucent yellow eyes. She already knew that he was having issues with his joints, but hearing him actually talk about it made her wish she could help him. Nodding slowly, Slate gave a few licks of her shimmering pelt as she continued to listen quietly. 'So what now, Glimmerpelt? Is there some kind of doom and gloom prophecy to share with me or some other such business?' She glanced back up with a mischievously smirk, "Yeah, sorry to tell you, but that rabbit dream you've been having..." Whiskers twitching with amusement, the warrior shook her head and gave a small chuckle. "No. Nothing you should be worried about. I just thought I'd say hello to my favorite medicine cat." She meowed playfully, jabbing her paw gently into his side. The playful tone seemed to ebb away as she continued, "How are you doing by the way? With your work I mean."

Last edited by Dust; January 30th, 2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old January 30th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
A goofy grin was plastered across her maw as Shinefang explained the dream to her. It sounded like a terrific dream and in all honesty, Slate wished she still dreamed or at least remembered what the old territory looked like. It's been so long... That was for a different time though. She shook away the thoughts and refocused her attention on Shinefang. Purring rhythmically as the medicine cat babbled on, her gaze affectionately drifted across his face to meet his eyes. Her grin only faltered as Shinefang mentioned his joints, worry flashing behind her translucent yellow eyes. She already knew that he was having issues with his joints, but hearing him actually talk about it made her wish she could help him. Nodding slowly, Slate gave a few licks of her shimmering pelt as she continued to listen quietly. 'So what now, Glimmerpelt? Is there some kind of doom and gloom prophecy to share with me or some other such business?' She glanced back up with a mischievously smirk, "Yeah, sorry to tell you, but that rabbit dream you've been having..." Whiskers twitching with amusement, the warrior shook her head and gave a small chuckle. "No. Nothing you should be worried about. I just thought I'd say hello to my favorite medicine cat." She meowed playfully, jabbing her paw gently into his side. The playful tone seemed to ebb away as she continued, "How are you doing by the way? With your work I mean."
Shinefang cocked an eyebrow as she feigned interpreting his dream, shaking his head with a chortle. "Don't you know, Slate? I'm everyone's favorite medicine cat. Let's walk and talk," he suggested. Even the grass was warm under his paws. It is was so nice to walk beside her again. "The work is fine overall. A lot busier than you might think. I thought this would be an alternative to retiring to the elders den, but there have been days where I've had to remind myself to eat. I think I'm doing well enough...but I did learn I made a mistake recently." He lowered his head slightly in his shame. "I had an apprentice come in with a broken tail. It started to stink like crowfood in the night. I cut it off, thinking it was dead. Daydream came by a few nights later and told me it was likely just an infection. That poor little shecat lost her tail for nothing. All because I overreacted. Ever since Acornpaw... I just don't want to lose another cat." He looked at his mate then. "It's not like being a warrior. If a cat dies in battle, there's a hundred things that they could have done, that their clanmates could have done, but in the medicine den, so much of it is on me, you know." He looked away again, "I crippled her... because I couldn't tell an infection from a dead limb."

Old January 31st, 2018, 12:21 AM
Mama Dust

Quote:
Shinefang cocked an eyebrow as she feigned interpreting his dream, shaking his head with a chortle. "Don't you know, Slate? I'm everyone's favorite medicine cat. Let's walk and talk," he suggested. Even the grass was warm under his paws. It is was so nice to walk beside her again. "The work is fine overall. A lot busier than you might think. I thought this would be an alternative to retiring to the elders den, but there have been days where I've had to remind myself to eat. I think I'm doing well enough...but I did learn I made a mistake recently." He lowered his head slightly in his shame. "I had an apprentice come in with a broken tail. It started to stink like crowfood in the night. I cut it off, thinking it was dead. Daydream came by a few nights later and told me it was likely just an infection. That poor little shecat lost her tail for nothing. All because I overreacted. Ever since Acornpaw... I just don't want to lose another cat." He looked at his mate then. "It's not like being a warrior. If a cat dies in battle, there's a hundred things that they could have done, that their clanmates could have done, but in the medicine den, so much of it is on me, you know." He looked away again, "I crippled her... because I couldn't tell an infection from a dead limb."
Slatepelt scoffed, her whiskers twitching in amusement once more as she swiftly picked herself up from the ground and padded after Shinefang. "Of course you are! You're too handsome for them to handle." She cooed quietly, her paws whisking over the landscape as if she was barely touching it. The molly remained quiet as Shinefang spoke, the guilt thick in his voice. A twang of sadness touched her heart as she paced next to him, letting her fur brush against his side. Hopefully it would help comfort him. It was a small gesture, but Slatepelt hoped the tom didn't still blame himself about Acornpaw's death, not to mention amputating the poor apprentice's tail. It wasn't his fault: he was inexperienced. Her gaze lingered across the grassy moor of Starclan as a warm breeze scented of pine tugged at her starry pelt. "It's not your fault Shinefang." She meowed briskly, keeping her gaze forward as she watched the rolling plumes of alabaster clouds in the distant sky. "Acornpaw's destiny lied in Starclan's paws, sometimes it just can't be helped... as for the other, everyone makes mistakes. You did what you thought was right and she's still alive and doing well, I presume. That's what matters." Her words were barely a whisper as she ran the tip of her tail down Shinefang's spine in a soothing motion. A silence fell over her as the pair continued forward before she spoke up once more. "Daydream is a very knowledgeable cat, be sure to learn everything you can from that one. I know your joints bother you now, but try to reach out to the other medicine cats as well, dear. You all share the same path; you can learn a lot from them." Slatepelt turned her head to look at Shinefang, a compassionate expression evident on her features. "I'm very proud of you, Shinefang. I know you're trying your best." She purred gently, nudging the others side with her own. Tail suspended high in the air, another gust of wind buffeted her pelt as she motioned with her head for her mate to follow before racing over a lush hill-side, leaping away in graceful, even strides. She was taking them towards a nice sea front, an area that mimicked the Sea Stones almost perfectly.

Last edited by Dust; January 31st, 2018 at 01:43 AM.