RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by Blazing
Today 01:46 AM

Old May 9th, 2017, 06:44 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: WindClan | RiverClan Border

Springwind had got up early. Early enough to quickly poke his head into the apprentices' den and awaken his apprentice, Hunterpaw. Then, the tom traveled on. The sun was beginning to rise, and Springwind was still tired.He had to blink the sleep out his eyes, but he was ready for the day. He promised himself that he would take his apprentice out to do some patrol work. The one job that made other cats loyal to their job. What loyalty there were. And, Springwind was excited to teach all the ropes of loyalty to his apprentice. Springwind was a proud clan mate of Windclan,and he wanted Hunterpaw to experience that as well. Patrolling the border was a fun thing to do. Boring as well, but as an apprentice, it was exciting to visit the border, and soak in the experience of protecting what a cat should be proud of. Springwind knew he was quite proud of his home,even if he were born on the borderline of the territory with not scent of his parents. At least he had his brother--but now he don't even have him anymore. Wow. Lost everyone.

Springwind shook his head, ridding the thoughts from his mind, and sitting down on Windclan's side of the border, and he looked into the distance at the rising sun. He turned his ears, wondering where that flirty apprentice of his was. ''Hunterpaw!'' The tom groaned. He was tired as well, but there were matters to be handled first,

@Random Melody
Old May 9th, 2017, 07:21 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noire View Post

Springwind had got up early. Early enough to quickly poke his head into the apprentices' den and awaken his apprentice, Hunterpaw. Then, the tom traveled on. The sun was beginning to rise, and Springwind was still tired.He had to blink the sleep out his eyes, but he was ready for the day. He promised himself that he would take his apprentice out to do some patrol work. The one job that made other cats loyal to their job. What loyalty there were. And, Springwind was excited to teach all the ropes of loyalty to his apprentice. Springwind was a proud clan mate of Windclan,and he wanted Hunterpaw to experience that as well. Patrolling the border was a fun thing to do. Boring as well, but as an apprentice, it was exciting to visit the border, and soak in the experience of protecting what a cat should be proud of. Springwind knew he was quite proud of his home,even if he were born on the borderline of the territory with not scent of his parents. At least he had his brother--but now he don't even have him anymore. Wow. Lost everyone.

Springwind shook his head, ridding the thoughts from his mind, and sitting down on Windclan's side of the border, and he looked into the distance at the rising sun. He turned his ears, wondering where that flirty apprentice of his was. ''Hunterpaw!'' The tom groaned. He was tired as well, but there were matters to be handled first,

@Random Melody
Hunterpaw stumbled after his mentor, yawning as he shook out his black and white fur. He blinked the sleep from his brown eyes, ears flicking faintly before another yawn broke through his jaws. This time he clamped his jaws shut halfway, giving his pelt a rough shake. Obviously he was exhausted, and why? Because his father had kept him up all night with pointless questions. Asking if Hunterpaw wanted to go on his next adventure, go out and meet girls. Hunterpaw had declined of course.

Because he wanted to stay and complete his training. He wanted to stay with really the only at he thought of as a father. He wanted to stay with his siblings. He wanted to stay, period. Oh, he was trying hard to steer himself down a different path, and it was easy when he actually tried - Thanks to Springwind's help. Focusing on training was easy, well, when he wasnt tired, when he wasnt busy flirting with she-cats. In fact, he was quite proud of himself. He didnt exactly ignore them, but he didnt flirt pointlessly. After all, Hunterpaw was just an apprentice, what was the point in trying to woo a she-cat right now? Maybe in the future. If he waited long enough. Maybe in the future he would have a mate, who didnt run off constantly, and kits, that he would be there for no matter what. The thought caused a smile to twitch at the Tom's lips, and he found himself chuckling. That'll definitely be worth the wait. He decided with a smile.

He snapped out of his thoughts, hearing his mentor call him, and he looked around to see he'd actually stopped walking and let Springwind go ahead. Rolling his eyes at his stupidity, he trotted forward to catch up, fluffing his fur up against the breeze as he flashed his mentor an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Springwind." He meowed, flattening his ears sheepishly before turning his gaze to the border, his whiskers twitching slightly with interest.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust
Old May 9th, 2017, 09:22 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melody View Post
Hunterpaw stumbled after his mentor, yawning as he shook out his black and white fur. He blinked the sleep from his brown eyes, ears flicking faintly before another yawn broke through his jaws. This time he clamped his jaws shut halfway, giving his pelt a rough shake. Obviously he was exhausted, and why? Because his father had kept him up all night with pointless questions. Asking if Hunterpaw wanted to go on his next adventure, go out and meet girls. Hunterpaw had declined of course.

Because he wanted to stay and complete his training. He wanted to stay with really the only at he thought of as a father. He wanted to stay with his siblings. He wanted to stay, period. Oh, he was trying hard to steer himself down a different path, and it was easy when he actually tried - Thanks to Springwind's help. Focusing on training was easy, well, when he wasnt tired, when he wasnt busy flirting with she-cats. In fact, he was quite proud of himself. He didnt exactly ignore them, but he didnt flirt pointlessly. After all, Hunterpaw was just an apprentice, what was the point in trying to woo a she-cat right now? Maybe in the future. If he waited long enough. Maybe in the future he would have a mate, who didnt run off constantly, and kits, that he would be there for no matter what. The thought caused a smile to twitch at the Tom's lips, and he found himself chuckling. That'll definitely be worth the wait. He decided with a smile.

He snapped out of his thoughts, hearing his mentor call him, and he looked around to see he'd actually stopped walking and let Springwind go ahead. Rolling his eyes at his stupidity, he trotted forward to catch up, fluffing his fur up against the breeze as he flashed his mentor an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Springwind." He meowed, flattening his ears sheepishly before turning his gaze to the border, his whiskers twitching slightly with interest.
Springwind's tail began patting impatiently as he awaitedthe younger Tom's presence. As the sun was ready to loom over them like a shadow, Springwind heard the familiar mew of his apprentice, and he got up. "Sorry doesn't cut it, kit." The Tom told him, though he tried to sound stern, but instead his voice came out in a smooth calmness. Springwind never found himself to be too strict on Hunterpaw. Then the Tom cleared his throat, and with a flick of his tail, he motioned for Hunterpaw to come forth.

"You're here though, aren't you?" Springwind tells him, and sits at the edge of the border, his tail wrapped limply around him as he focused in the distance. Riverclan laid ahead of them. Those otter-cats as he liked to call them. Constantly smelling like the dead sea, and eating those rotten spoiled fish. Springwind preferred his prey running, most specifically rabbits. Albeit the Tom did have much respect for each clan.

"Riverclan ahead." He says, keeping his eyes ahead. "Those cats you must be aware of. They can be pretty sneaky, but easy to smell if you know what I mean." Springwind chuckled, but he have hopped that a riverclan patrol refused to come in the early morning. No way did he want to smell fish in the early morning!

"And that's with every clan though." Springwind says then trailed off as he reminded himself that Hunterpaw was a half clanner. Thunderclan and windclan. Springwind would never understand it, knowing how hard it must be to have loyalties in two different clans. Hunterpaw lived Windclan. Therefore his loyalties stayed within his own clan, but what if he wanted to go back to thunderclan? Get to know his mother, and ask her heart wrenching questions as to why she had given him and his sister up.

Oddly enough, Springwind did not hesitant to ask the question, "As you become a warrior, Hunterpaw. Where will you find yourself?" The question was pretty vague but also one that needed to be thought about. Springwind knew well in life that everything that's planned may not be the final outcome. The only thing the Tom hoped was that Hunterpaw would find peace and happiness within his own being and the rough patches within his family.
Old May 10th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Aesthetic And Pathetic

My Mood: Devilish

The brown tabby cat, faintly seeing the she cat's response, stepped over the border without a second thought. Though it seems careless, he had skillfully planned it so that no cat could see him in either direction. He trotted up to the she and smiled as if he was doing nothing wrong.
He knew very well what he was doing, and obviously Spottedheart won't be happy if and when she finds out, but every cat knows Almondpaw doesn't care too much if he's in trouble. Bringing his mjnd back to the world around him, he froze.
It was stinky.
How does RiverClan deal with that fish smell all the time? he wondered, trudging along reluctantly now. The only thing that stopped him from turning back was the fact he'd already caught the RiverClan cat's attention.

@Bramble
"The best you can do when life gives you a difficult time is to stand up proudly. In every game I've ever played, more enemies meant you were going the right direction. After all, life is just a game. What you might not realize is:

You are not the player,
You are the programmer."

~Unknown
Old May 10th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Flustered Child

My Mood: Bashful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Aesthetic~ View Post
The brown tabby cat, faintly seeing the she cat's response, stepped over the border without a second thought. Though it seems careless, he had skillfully planned it so that no cat could see him in either direction. He trotted up to the she and smiled as if he was doing nothing wrong.
He knew very well what he was doing, and obviously Spottedheart won't be happy if and when she finds out, but every cat knows Almondpaw doesn't care too much if he's in trouble. Bringing his mjnd back to the world around him, he froze.
It was stinky.
How does RiverClan deal with that fish smell all the time? he wondered, trudging along reluctantly now. The only thing that stopped him from turning back was the fact he'd already caught the RiverClan cat's attention.

@Bramble
She squinted more, her eyes weren't the best but she tried, making out the brown tabbies pelt and shadow, her blue eyes widening in shock.
"WindClan Cat..!?" She gasped, her thoughts coming out of her silver colored maw in a hasty and worried tone. She stepped back, a bit confused on what to do being wary and unsure of what the neighboring clan cat intentions might be crossing over the border of all things. 'Is that cat mouse- no rabbit brained? Maybe eating all those rabbits on the moor got to him...' She pondered, her ears going up alert as he came closer to her.
'How am I going to explain this to the Clan..' She signed lowly.
@~Aesthetic~

Schedule
| 3:00 PM PST - 5:00 AM PST ✿ Awake ✿ |
| 5:00 AM PST - 11:00 AM / 2 PM PST ☆ Asleep ☆ |

You're more than free to PM me concerning anything, I'm open to chat/discuss.

Old May 12th, 2017, 09:34 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Obsidiansky hadn't thought there was anything else that Rainpaw had needed to know, and had shook his head at the younger tom's remark before saying that they should probably move on to the next border. This was the last one, the border between WindClan and RiverClan. Obsidiansky didn't really have much of an opinion on RiverClan. He sort of liked the cats there... they seemed a little more easygoing then the others. ShadowClan was just scary. And the harsh tension building between ThunderClan and WindClan was making him think that they weren't very good. "Okay. RiverClan cats aren't especially fast or strong. But, they are good fighters. They don't give up easily." He turned to Rainpaw, looking directly at the younger cat. "How do you think the best way to fight them would be?" There was no right or wrong answer. He was simply curious on the other cat's thoughts. And, he was doing his best to try and get through to Rainpaw. He wanted the younger cat to trust him more then anything else... and he wanted Rainpaw to be happy. Though neither of those things were going too well.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; May 12th, 2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old May 12th, 2017, 11:52 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post

"I imagine Dewstar chose her for her ability to take command and act in a time of crisis, though being the only WindClan warrior at the time may have contributed to that as well. It's not like she was completely clueless - she had her Clanmates and StarClan to help guide her." Rowanhawk also personally believed Dewstar was at her wits' end, and he wondered if she would've gone for a more experienced warrior had she been given the option. Probably not.

"She did fine in the beginning," he said, words coming slowly. "Active and friendly to her Clanmates. Open for going out and getting to know them. She wanted to be a good leader, and to learn how to best care for her Clan. After the first era, she drifted away from Clan life. Dapplestar rarely interacted with her Clanmates or preformed ceremonies. It took her ages to remove Infernosky as deputy and replace her with Starlingstep after her disappearance. Once Starlingstep resigned, she didn't bother for ages. I was surprised when she bothered to promote Blazingstar. I wonder how he'll turn out. He seems to be doing fine so far, but it doesn't take much for that to decline and for him to end up as .. incapable as our previous leaders have been."

He hoped that wouldn't become the case. WindClan may not have gone through many leaders, but that didn't mean the Clan was faring well. Change wasn't a bad thing, and it would be interesting to see how Blazingstar would hold up in the moons to come. "Maybe we'll see his own decay into madness," the tom attempted to joke, his light voice the only real indication. "Seeing as that seems to be the WindClan leader theme."
"...Well, I can see why she drifted." Tawnypaw mumbled- she'd barely been aware of her surroundings during the peak of the second era, and going through two of them in a position such as hers would obviously cause stress. However, the idea that she missed out on a mother who was so caring and determined didn't exactly serve to reassure her. The apprentice's posture slumped slightly as she looked off to the side, her father's jokes not seeming to reach her ears at the moment. Though she'd been having a bit of trouble with her hearing ever since she'd been attacked, it was simply a bout of ignorance that had struck here- she didn't want the rest of her family gone, but things around here seemed to happen in mysterious ways.

She was upset with how StarClan seemed to control their fates, how they'd apparently given up on her clan- from these descents into madness to the suspected tensions between them and Thunderclan, things didn't seem like they were turning out well at all. "Why doesn't StarClan just... help?" She huffed, her voice strained from frustration as she glanced towards her father, bright green eyes blazing with speculation. "They don't exactly seem to be the most helpful cats whenever we're in trouble." She kept thinking about her early memories of the dark era, sudden flashes of Moonpaw's body, and the badger- StarClan hadn't helped them at all, and if they'd tried, they were always too late to do anything useful.

Singenight was a monster, somebody who had a body count following him everywhere he went. He'd taken over the clan, and their ancestors didn't do anything to stop his bloodshed. If they won't help us, why bother pretending to care?
Old May 13th, 2017, 12:39 AM
Back from the abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Obsidiansky hadn't thought there was anything else that Rainpaw had needed to know, and had shook his head at the younger tom's remark before saying that they should probably move on to the next border. This was the last one, the border between WindClan and RiverClan. Obsidiansky didn't really have much of an opinion on RiverClan. He sort of liked the cats there... they seemed a little more easygoing then the others. ShadowClan was just scary. And the harsh tension building between ThunderClan and WindClan was making him think that they weren't very good. "Okay. RiverClan cats aren't especially fast or strong. But, they are good fighters. They don't give up easily." He turned to Rainpaw, looking directly at the younger cat. "How do you think the best way to fight them would be?" There was no right or wrong answer. He was simply curious on the other cat's thoughts. And, he was doing his best to try and get through to Rainpaw. He wanted the younger cat to trust him more then anything else... and he wanted Rainpaw to be happy. Though neither of those things were going too well.

Rainpaw was beginning to ease up around his mentor as his hostile expressions had faded into pure curiosity. His nose wrinkled as they neared the Riverclan border. In every story he heard he always looked lowly on Riverclanners. Lazy, fish eating hare-brains? I'll pass thank you very much. He glanced up at Obsidiansky, "Well, clearly you don't throw them in the river." Rainpaw rolled his eyes before continuing, "They seem like they'd be slow on land, so possibly something to do with being agile and speedy against them, pretty much a good advantage for Windclan. Am I right?" He had always thought his answers were well though out and informative for what little he knew but he was still eager to see if he got the lesson correct, even though that may not have been his mentors purpose.
Old May 13th, 2017, 09:17 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralTheRival View Post
Rainpaw was beginning to ease up around his mentor as his hostile expressions had faded into pure curiosity. His nose wrinkled as they neared the Riverclan border. In every story he heard he always looked lowly on Riverclanners. Lazy, fish eating hare-brains? I'll pass thank you very much. He glanced up at Obsidiansky, "Well, clearly you don't throw them in the river." Rainpaw rolled his eyes before continuing, "They seem like they'd be slow on land, so possibly something to do with being agile and speedy against them, pretty much a good advantage for Windclan. Am I right?" He had always thought his answers were well though out and informative for what little he knew but he was still eager to see if he got the lesson correct, even though that may not have been his mentors purpose.

Obsidiansky was surprised at how much Rainpaw seemed to know about this. Clearly the young tom was very well-educated... something that he hadn't had the advantage of as a younger cat. "Wha-- yes, that's... that would be correct, we do have the advantage with our agility and speed against them." Of course some kits visited the elders' den more then others, but before now the young warrior hadn't had Rainpaw marked as one of those cats. He wasn't even sure how much time they needed to spend at this border. Perhaps they were already done, Rainpaw seemed to have gotten everything he wanted to say in a shorter sentence. Impressive; but Obsidiansky still wanted to learn more about the tom. "Alright Rainpaw. I believe we're done here, we might as well go back and get a little hunting training in before I'll let you be finished for the day. But after I do that, can you do something for me?" His voice was serious and calm, and he sighed. "Can you apologize to your friend?" It might be a bigger task then he thought, who knew? But at least he would have asked. He didn't want Rainpaw to lose his friend. And the best thing there was to do in this situation was to talk about it.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old May 14th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Back from the abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

Obsidiansky was surprised at how much Rainpaw seemed to know about this. Clearly the young tom was very well-educated... something that he hadn't had the advantage of as a younger cat. "Wha-- yes, that's... that would be correct, we do have the advantage with our agility and speed against them." Of course some kits visited the elders' den more then others, but before now the young warrior hadn't had Rainpaw marked as one of those cats. He wasn't even sure how much time they needed to spend at this border. Perhaps they were already done, Rainpaw seemed to have gotten everything he wanted to say in a shorter sentence. Impressive; but Obsidiansky still wanted to learn more about the tom. "Alright Rainpaw. I believe we're done here, we might as well go back and get a little hunting training in before I'll let you be finished for the day. But after I do that, can you do something for me?" His voice was serious and calm, and he sighed. "Can you apologize to your friend?" It might be a bigger task then he thought, who knew? But at least he would have asked. He didn't want Rainpaw to lose his friend. And the best thing there was to do in this situation was to talk about it. [/CENTER]
Pride bubbled inside Rainpaw's chest as he saw the surprise in Obsidiansky's expression. It seemed his memory was coming in handy. His yellow hues twinkled with somewhat of a cocky look as he sauntered with a taller stature but he didn't match the warriors height. His paws itched with excitement as he heard about the hunting training. Yes! I finished the border patrol early and now we can do some hunting! Though he was a cold and logical cat he was still young and could get excited by the little things though it was rare. The grin on his maw quickly faded at his mentors next words. Rainpaw's gaze darkened and he refused to look up at Obsidiansky. His gray tabby pelt began to prickle in anger, "What business is it of yours what I say to my friends?" He dared to growl as he glared up at the warrior.