Last post by Minkuu
Today 04:55 AM

Old June 6th, 2017, 05:08 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Confidence? Her? Blossomkit wasn't sure that she was hearing him right, and for a moment, she stared at the tom with an expression of wonder. What did he mean, she sounded confident? Because to herself... she didn't have a lot of confidence. Still, it was nice to come across that way. It gave Blossomkit a warmer feeling, pleasant and comforting. "You're actually right! I'm almost ready to be an apprentice... I just... stayed here a little longer then usual." That sounded better then 'I was a coward, and decided that this was a safe place where I could stay shut away from the dangerous world.'

At least she was ready now. Because picturing herself as a 10-moon-old cat with the name 'Blossomkit' was not the most ideal of things. His description of how she looked was so ridiculous, that Blossomkit was actually stunned for a minute. She just stood there, looking at him with a puzzled expression and trying not to burst into laughter. "I wish. I'd look really cool then, huh?" She asked, talking partly to herself and partly to the tom. "I'm actually white. With brown markings and blue eyes." She grinned at the thought of having blue ears instead of blue eyes. Still, she couldn't help thinking that it would indeed be 'really cool...' perhaps just another one of her kit-like thoughts.
He giggled softly, listening to her own laughing; he had known he was probably far off about her coloring, but still thought it'd be fun to guess. But he'd always heard blossoms were "bright" colors. He had no context for what bright was but knew that red and blue and pink were considered bright. He smiled broadly, tail swishing softly. "You sound like a pretty cat! Are those colors pretty colors?"Cygnetkit mewed head tilting, in the most adorable way, ears flopping to the side, lips squishing crookedly.

His eyes were bright, and he just grinned wider, squealing slightly, still ridiculously overjoyed at being with someone else.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBunny View Post
Fernkit smiled as he continued to run after the black kit, he was gaining up on her but continued to push himself back so that the game wouldn't be completely unfair. The tom hadn't bothered to slow down as he turned to avoid the wall, which caused him to miss Coalkits tail just by a hair. He scowled a bit then continued to run, trying to catch up to her once more.
Coalkit had managed to catch a glimpse of the tom almost running straight into the nursery wall and a small purr of amusement left her body. It wasn't everyday something like that happened. Quickly as she could, she pressed on words only to feel her chest aching for air. She'd never run so long in her small lifespan and this was the first time she actually felt out of breath. It was a new expedience for her, but instead of being scared, she assumed it was normal and kept going. At this point, her stamina was wearing down and her pace was slowing until she felt the breath of Fernkit on the tip of her tail. Any moment now and it'd be her turn to chase.

@Hexict @Duskflight
Lotusheart led the tom into the nursery, her tail flicking to and fro as she allowed her hues to grew accustom to the dim lighting. It was always much darker in the nursery than anywhere else in camp. This was good for newborn kitten eyes and it just came to show how well protected the queens and kits were from everything on the outside. Of course there were little patches here and there that could be filled up, but nothing was perfect in nature. That applied even here. There was also a heat difference. They thought it was warm outside, well that warmth increases as you enter and go deeper into the den. It wasn't too hot, just cozy and the ground was soft, completely covered in moss. As the Maine Coon led her new friends towards her nest, her green hues were darting in all directions searching for her kits. It upset her that Smokeykit was gone, she wasn't sure where her cheerful blind kitten went, but she had all hopes that one day she would return. The disappearance hadn't completely settled into Lotusheart, but she'd be a mess when she accepted the fact Smokeykit wasn't going to come back. Then there was Blossomkit. Most times Lotusheart barely saw her other daughter. She was always out and about with other kits or exploring, not that she minded, she always had two kittens she came back to. Lochkit and Quailkit. As she approached the nest, she allowed her gaze to settle on both kittens, whether they were playing or curled up in the nest. "Lochkit, Quailkit, someone wants to meet you," she spoke gently, her gaze bright with affection.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old June 9th, 2017, 06:08 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post
He giggled softly, listening to her own laughing; he had known he was probably far off about her coloring, but still thought it'd be fun to guess. But he'd always heard blossoms were "bright" colors. He had no context for what bright was but knew that red and blue and pink were considered bright. He smiled broadly, tail swishing softly. "You sound like a pretty cat! Are those colors pretty colors?"Cygnetkit mewed head tilting, in the most adorable way, ears flopping to the side, lips squishing crookedly.

His eyes were bright, and he just grinned wider, squealing slightly, still ridiculously overjoyed at being with someone else.

Pretty colors? Blossomkit would never have described herself as pretty. White and brown were not necessarily considered 'attractive...' not in the way they were on her. She was too fluffy. Her tail was long, but because of all the extra fluff hanging off it it appeared small. Her hues were pretty, when they were bright... but most of the time the older kit's hues were clouded by emotion or anxiety, worry, depression... it was hard to see the bright friendliness showing through. And yet still, Blossomkit craved company. It killed her, but she wanted it so badly. "I guess it depends what you think. If you think they're pretty colors then yeah, they are." He could think what he liked. She would continue to believe that they were pretty ordinary; at least in her own design; but if it made this cheerful kit's day just the smallest bit brighter... if he were collecting more sunshine for later... then she would be all too happy to let him believe that.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old June 9th, 2017, 11:09 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Pretty colors? Blossomkit would never have described herself as pretty. White and brown were not necessarily considered 'attractive...' not in the way they were on her. She was too fluffy. Her tail was long, but because of all the extra fluff hanging off, it appeared small. Her hues were pretty when they were bright... but most of the time the older kit's hues were clouded by emotion or anxiety, worry, depression... it was hard to see the bright friendliness showing through. And yet still, Blossomkit craved company. It killed her, but she wanted it so badly. "I guess it depends on what you think. If you think they're pretty colors then yeah, they are." He could think what he liked. She would continue to believe that they were pretty ordinary; at least in her own design; but if it made this cheerful kit's day just the smallest bit brighter... if he were collecting more sunshine for later... then she would be all too happy to let him believe that.
"Yes! I now dub you the beauty queen of RiverClan! From now on, every cat must bow to your sheer prettiness! You will blind them with you ravishing features!" Cygnetkit proclaimed, rather loudly, his voice surprisingly expressive for how young he really was. He grinned at her, baby teeth still white and pearly, his smile glinting in the light of the nursery. "I still don't know what colors are, but yours must be the most perfect-est in all of the clans!" he squealed, his excitable self lighting up; if he continued becoming more bouncy, he may become almost suffocating, his positive nature becoming too idealistic. So he began to calm down, forcing himself to sit, taking deep breaths through his nose, relaxing a bit. "I mean, of course, only if you feel perfect!"

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old June 10th, 2017, 11:33 AM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

Coalkit had managed to catch a glimpse of the tom almost running straight into the nursery wall and a small purr of amusement left her body. It wasn't everyday something like that happened. Quickly as she could, she pressed on words only to feel her chest aching for air. She'd never run so long in her small lifespan and this was the first time she actually felt out of breath. It was a new expedience for her, but instead of being scared, she assumed it was normal and kept going. At this point, her stamina was wearing down and her pace was slowing until she felt the breath of Fernkit on the tip of her tail. Any moment now and it'd be her turn to chase.

@Hexict @DuskflightLotusheart led the tom into the nursery, her tail flicking to and fro as she allowed her hues to grew accustom to the dim lighting. It was always much darker in the nursery than anywhere else in camp. This was good for newborn kitten eyes and it just came to show how well protected the queens and kits were from everything on the outside. Of course there were little patches here and there that could be filled up, but nothing was perfect in nature. That applied even here. There was also a heat difference. They thought it was warm outside, well that warmth increases as you enter and go deeper into the den. It wasn't too hot, just cozy and the ground was soft, completely covered in moss. As the Maine Coon led her new friends towards her nest, her green hues were darting in all directions searching for her kits. It upset her that Smokeykit was gone, she wasn't sure where her cheerful blind kitten went, but she had all hopes that one day she would return. The disappearance hadn't completely settled into Lotusheart, but she'd be a mess when she accepted the fact Smokeykit wasn't going to come back. Then there was Blossomkit. Most times Lotusheart barely saw her other daughter. She was always out and about with other kits or exploring, not that she minded, she always had two kittens she came back to. Lochkit and Quailkit. As she approached the nest, she allowed her gaze to settle on both kittens, whether they were playing or curled up in the nest. "Lochkit, Quailkit, someone wants to meet you," she spoke gently, her gaze bright with affection.
Fernkit folded his ears back as he finally able to press his paw against Coalkits flank. "You're it." He said, the tom wasn't out of breathe just yet. He quickly turned and began to run in a different direction. He went from a sprint to a jog, he didn't care if Coalkit caught him. He was having fun!

Fogleap followed silently, a few kits who knew him already greeted him happily. His eyes followed the gaze of the Lotushearts, he smiled as he observed her kits. "Theyre amazing." he said mostly to himself.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old June 10th, 2017, 04:40 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

"Yes! I now dub you the beauty queen of RiverClan! From now on, every cat must bow to your sheer prettiness! You will blind them with you ravishing features!" Cygnetkit proclaimed, rather loudly, his voice surprisingly expressive for how young he really was. He grinned at her, baby teeth still white and pearly, his smile glinting in the light of the nursery. "I still don't know what colors are, but yours must be the most perfect-est in all of the clans!" he squealed, his excitable self lighting up; if he continued becoming more bouncy, he may become almost suffocating, his positive nature becoming too idealistic. So he began to calm down, forcing himself to sit, taking deep breaths through his nose, relaxing a bit. "I mean, of course, only if you feel perfect!"
That thought was utterly ridiculous... but Blossomkit loved it. Being the beauty queen of RiverClan was an idea that very much pleased her, and she squealed in a tone that was sharper then it should have been - possibly hurting the younger tom's ears. Of course she didn't mean to, but because he couldn't see her apologetic expression afterwards, this was doubtful that he would understand. Maybe she should just have apologized, but whether she forgot or thought he could pick up on her body language, she didn't say a word. Only if I feel perfect? Well, after her excited outbreak, she wasn't sure how she felt. A little embarassed, but otherwise, glowing with the kind praise that Cygnetkit had given her. "I... guess I do," She mewed in a cautious tone. And yet still, she hadn't apologized for her loud squeal. Perhaps now it was more the fact that there was always squealing going on. Maybe he didn't mind? And if he did, she would certainly apologize - later, that was.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old June 10th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

@Hexict @Duskflight
Lotusheart led the tom into the nursery, her tail flicking to and fro as she allowed her hues to grew accustom to the dim lighting. It was always much darker in the nursery than anywhere else in camp. This was good for newborn kitten eyes and it just came to show how well protected the queens and kits were from everything on the outside. Of course there were little patches here and there that could be filled up, but nothing was perfect in nature. That applied even here. There was also a heat difference. They thought it was warm outside, well that warmth increases as you enter and go deeper into the den. It wasn't too hot, just cozy and the ground was soft, completely covered in moss. As the Maine Coon led her new friends towards her nest, her green hues were darting in all directions searching for her kits. It upset her that Smokeykit was gone, she wasn't sure where her cheerful blind kitten went, but she had all hopes that one day she would return. The disappearance hadn't completely settled into Lotusheart, but she'd be a mess when she accepted the fact Smokeykit wasn't going to come back. Then there was Blossomkit. Most times Lotusheart barely saw her other daughter. She was always out and about with other kits or exploring, not that she minded, she always had two kittens she came back to. Lochkit and Quailkit. As she approached the nest, she allowed her gaze to settle on both kittens, whether they were playing or curled up in the nest. "Lochkit, Quailkit, someone wants to meet you," she spoke gently, her gaze bright with affection.
{Sorry about the late reply to this!}

As was usual for the older kit, Quailkit was happily settled into the nest, carefully dragging their tongue through their pelt with measured, easy strokes, their eyes seemingly distant as they focused more on their thoughts rather than the task at hand. The sandy brown and white tabby hadn't really been focused on making friends during their time in the nursery, not that they were antisocial or disliking of other cats company, but more so they enjoyed watching from afar and helping when another cat needed help. They enjoyed helping the younger kits and could usually be found playing a game of mossball or tag, always letting the other kitten win just so that they could see the look of happiness and spirit in their face. That's just the kind of cat that Quailkit was.
Snapping out of their thoughts as their ears caught the sound of a familiar face, the kit's head lifted and their eyes focused on their mother as she stated that there was someone who wished to meet them. Maybe it's one of mom's friends?
At the mention of the other cat, their muddy green eyes focused on whoever it was that had followed Lotusheart in, promptly sitting up in the nest and dawning a polite and bright smile to the new cat, dipping their head in greetings and in respect.
"Hello!"

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:50 AM

My Mood: Lonely

Hopekit head tilted up, her mother green eyes facing her. Her cold fur felt warm as it touched her mother's soft one. She could not yet open her eyes, but she sensed her mother's light gaze on her small body. She felt her brother jumping around in the nursery, and wished for a moment she could be with him. She then took the thought out of her mind. I will open my eyes in my own time. She thought, and as the thought it, she realized she completely believed it. She didn't feel like moving from her comfortable position, but forced her paws to lead her a few pawsteps forward, tucking her closer to her mother's warm pelt. She relished the heat coming from her mother's body.

Streamfall looked at her beloved kit. She pushed herself closer to Hopekit, feeling her cold pelt, and wrapped her tail around her. Hopekit's black pelt needed warmth, and she was going to give her all the warmth she needed. She felt Hopekit come closer, watching her adorable, small pawsteps lead her nearer to Streamfall. As she observed her kit, she thought, One day, Hopekit will become a great apprentice, and a great warrior, along with her brother. And she cherished this thought as she hoped it was true. She began licking Hopekit, making her fur go in a direction that would give her warmth. Her appearance with her ruffled fur didn't much matter, as comfort mattered more than looks.

Hopekit clumsily rose to her feet after many heartbeats, her fur set into the ruffled position her mother had made it. She was curious why her mother had made her look quite a small mess, but she couldn't ask, as she was too young to be able to speak. She stumbled over to a corner in the nursery, using her senses to try to not bump into things. She settled down into the spot, but feeling as though it wasn't.... right, went back to her spot beside Streamfall, her mother. She wanted to fall asleep, to let all the sounds around her fade into nothing as she dreamed, but she couldn't. As far as she knew, she had too much energy to put to waste.
Old June 11th, 2017, 08:55 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
That thought was utterly ridiculous... but Blossomkit loved it. Being the beauty queen of RiverClan was an idea that very much pleased her, and she squealed in a tone that was sharper then it should have been - possibly hurting the younger tom's ears. Of course she didn't mean to, but because he couldn't see her apologetic expression afterwards, this was doubtful that he would understand. Maybe she should just have apologized, but whether she forgot or thought he could pick up on her body language, she didn't say a word. Only if I feel perfect? Well, after her excited outbreak, she wasn't sure how she felt. A little embarassed, but otherwise, glowing with the kind praise that Cygnetkit had given her. "I... guess I do," She mewed in a cautious tone. And yet still, she hadn't apologized for her loud squeal. Perhaps now it was more the fact that there was always squealing going on. Maybe he didn't mind? And if he did, she would certainly apologize - later, that was.
Her squeal was loud; much louder than she intended. Cygnetkit's ears were especially sensitive, due to the neural centers for sight being rewired to serve his other senses. The sharp, loud noise stung his ears, ringing back and forth within them. He let out a soft mewl, instinctively folding his ears back to shield them from more damage. His whine of pain was quiet, and he hoped she didn't tell; he was used to loud noises, yes, but this was closer and sudden; he wasn't expecting someone to practically scream into his sensitive ears. His smile hardly faded; it was unlike him to hold the results of his own handicap against others, particularly when they didn't mean it. "Good! Then your name will be not Blossomkit, but Queen Blossomsparkle... er.... Blossomshimmer?" he mewed in response, struggling to find a name that seemed fitting for the supposedly attractive nursery mate. "Wait! I have it! Blossomglow!" Cygnetkit pronounced proudly, beaming with a childish happiness.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old June 14th, 2017, 02:44 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Almondpaw entered the nursery, though feeling tense he made sure he didn't bite down to hard on the fish in his jaws. "I-I brought some food for you.." he said to the queens, as well as the kits. He was always awkward around kits and queens, as he was unsure if he'd be unwelcome in the den, glancing around, he forced himself to calm. It wasn't like he'd be attacked, he was being mouse-brained.