Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > General Board

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
The House of Horrors...
by Dust
Last post by wolfie
Today 10:47 PM
EVERYTHING FINDER
Last post by Red'fur
Today 10:39 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 10:32 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 10:26 PM
Wheel of Misfortune Purrks
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 09:49 PM

Old April 10th, 2024, 08:55 PM
Going back on hiatus soon

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: Experiences on WCO

Its interesting isn't it? I've been on WCO and never really shared much about my personal experience. It's not like I didn't want to share it, I just didn't really need to. And.. that's ok lol.

Anyways, I joined here in February of 2022. I was very very much unknown of how you use forums and roleplaying very good. What's interesting though is that this was probably one of my most active times on WCO despite being early on in my career. My best friend during this time had to have been @Red'fur as we talked quite a lot and one of my early characters(Stormpelt/Storm) and one of their characters had a romance and kits. It was great. However, it was nothing compared to the enjoyment I would have in the coming months.

March soon came around, things were going great here on WCO for me. It wasn't like I treated it as a job, just as a little side project to school where I could practice my writing with others. However, I noticed a gradual shift in my writing style. I wasn't writing short one liners anymore, no no no. I was starting to write big paragraph long posts, and this boosted my motivation high. In fact, I started to sort of ditch the current plot lines I was focusing on for fresher, more unorthodox ones. My two RiverClan mains during this time, Cloverpaw and Oaksong. Were especially infamous in the community for some.... problems.

April was very similar to March, except it gave birth to what I consider one of the funniest, if not the funniest, thread on WCO. https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ghlight=Knocks I swear this thread is actually golden. I also had some big rp plots during this time, but they aren't nearly as big as what you're about to see in May.

May kicked off with an absolutely bonkers message. I had been chosen as the deputy of Alt SkyClan. A massive alternative warriors clan with like, 30 cats in it. Kinda crazy lol. However, May was an unfortunate month for me irl. I was being bullied at my old school due to some controversies with my gender(See I was genderfluid during that time and I kept on changing my pronouns) Which is why I took a 2 week semi-hiatus from WCO, I also stepped down as deputy.

June was forgettable for me personally, Oaksong was dead and Cloverpaw was a shelved rogue by now. Barkpaw in WindClan was also about to be killed off. And Wolfspirit in ThunderClan was on the fringe of going missing. Redspeckle was about to be introduced as a parent to Barkpaw, which did increase my activity a little bit. However, with my multitude of semi-hiatuses I was taking, it was hard to keep up. And by the end of June, despite school ending I still felt unwell mentally.

So I was on hiatus for the entirety of July. I'm not kidding, I didn't touch WCO at all for most of July.

When I came back in August, things were a bit different. Leader switches, new users, new cats. Lot's to catch up on which made for a very fun month! I had a great time during August of 2022. I even hosted a popular event in WindClan, that's how motivated I was! Not only that, but the Cbox came as well. Which brought a whole new life into WCO that would've disappeared without it.

Things got even better in September. Snowkit existed now, one of the most well known kit ocs at the time. I had also done great things OOC my interacting with the community. And while my mental health wasn't doing so great, it still was good enough that I could stay on WCO. However, at the end of September. Came the first big blow to me on WCO.

Fierce had just left WCO, one of my closest friends as well as the current RiverClan deputy. Things would get even worse, as changes for the next half month would change me.. LOL!(Yes bringing this back lets go) However, it would be until the middle of October that things really started crashing down, and WCOn, as fun as it was, just wasn't enough.

November was similar, I felt like there was a growing disconnect between me and WCO. And when on a ghost hiatus until the next month, where I would briefly come back but not for long. As during January 2023 I would disappear once again. And it was kind of a cycle, I would be active for a few days, inactive for a few days. A cycle that would last until March of 2023, where I would disappear of WCO completely until May.

I would log on once again in May 2023, however the disconnect between me and WCO was just too far and I knew I wouldn't be able to stick around. I would also begin a hatred for WCO, a hatred that would last until I would ultimately delete my account in late June 2023. Tired of everything and everyone I ever knew on WCO.

And once again, I spent July completely MIA. However, it was clear to everyone that I was never coming back. Or was I?

In August of 2023, a mysterious account called "firefrost" started appearing every few days. People probably noticed, so I came online every few days. Even chatted every once in a while. Until in late September of 2023, I revealed my identity. And changed my username.

And ever since then, I've had on and off activity.

Yeah, so that's kind of my WCO Experience. Its been a ride, a wild ride. And I can't wait for it to continue for the times to come. My opinions on WCO have definitely changed for the better as well, thinking of here as a good place to chill again.

Last edited by stardust.; April 10th, 2024 at 08:58 PM.
Old April 11th, 2024, 04:09 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

truly beautifully written and a joy to read. the personal lessons you learned and that you can look back at the years youve dedicated to this site positively, are both things i definitely wish i will be able to speak about myself one day. even after such a comparably short time on site i can definitely say that wco is the most (or even the most) dedicated, genuine community ive ever been apart of and i hope to make more good memories and friends :3

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store
Old April 11th, 2024, 08:34 AM
A Hero lived here. Once..

Bump Policy: Whenever
My Mood: Bored

You still are my friend Clancy and i'm glad I was able to be there when you needed me. As well as you for me. It has been wonderful roleplaying with you @Clancy.. And in my time here on WCO it has been a roller coaster of joy, sadness, anger and many other emotions. My best friend through it all would have to be Leafspeaker from the depths of the outskirts to the land of monsters it has been a truly fun time here on WCO.

Last edited by Red'fur; April 11th, 2024 at 08:37 AM.
Old April 11th, 2024, 09:57 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Wow.
I can relate to so many of you. It has been an amazing time on this site, and one that I will never forget -unless I bash my head really hard and lose all my memories. Then again, I am sure the words "Warrior Cats Online" would still resonate something within me.
Unfortunately though, I am in that phase Nyan mentioned, with decreased activity and low motivation, and also stress that I cannot get my replies out in a timely manner.

I still look back on this site with fond memories though. I have grown so much since joining, I probably wouldn't recognise myself if I ever spoke to that younger me.
I used to have 15 characters, and do one-liner posts, then decided to move onto small paragraphs. On;y StarClan knows how I managed that lol.
My greatest achievement (on this site) though, was winning Writers Unite in the summer of 2023. I really enjoyed that.
Well... Then during the last several months of that year, I turned to short story competitions. There would be a new one every two weeks, and eventually I just felt completely drained. Writing became more like a task for me, rather than a hobby, and I felt that I could no longer have a paw in both worlds. I began to drop characters, and lose interest in the site. It saddens me, for once, this site meant the world to me. I realise that sometimes the past is the past, and should remain that way.
Don't think I'm ready for that quite yet though!
I have been reading some of the books recently, and my siblings have been blasting the audiobooks too, so my interest has been rekindling. Maybe this time too, like Nyan, is my Golden Age.
That would be, if I weren't moving within the next few months. We have been preparing the house, making it look better and cleaning up all the dodgy bits, ready for new owners. 'S a lot of work, and though I wish it weren't so, that means less time on here.
So after, maybe? We'll have to see.
See, once we've settled into out new home, we'll be 12 hours ahead of where I am now. That's right, New Zealand. *blows air out of cheeks*
I mean, I probably could make it work, but it wouldn't be the same. We'll have to find out.

What I need here, what would help my fix some roots into the ground and hold on tight and heave myself back into activeness again? Friends.
Yes, I have friends here! No mistake, but not... True friends. People that I know well, and know me back. Someones to care about, and talk to freely.

There is so much here that I haven't said, like how much more solid my characters have become, how my writing has improved, how fluent my fingers are over the keyboard, my spleing and gramaticalies, etc, etc, etc. But I think I have enough here for now, and I really, really need to get some replies done!
So I'll end it here and say may the odds ever be in your favour, stay safe, and always, always bring a towel with you. 07 0/

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old April 11th, 2024, 10:02 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

placeholder... prepare for a long and awaited analysis of my grand experiences on wco

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old April 11th, 2024, 10:52 AM
I'm not hated.

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours
My Mood: Queenly

When i joined, WCO felt like a completely different place. Albeit Dawn and Twilight were still leaders back then (wow it feels like i joined yesterday still!) So many things happened between now and then. Graytail came into existence, i already had interactions for her, and I tried with her for so long, and eventually i just let her drift away.

Then came along Pinefang, my first real experience with a mentally disabled cat, she did have DID. I took a long break after my mental health was really truly in a bad spot, i let Pinefang vibe in the void and die off-screen, while in 2022 I created a new cat, Deadfeather, probably one of my more-known cats, they had Schizoid Personality Disorder, and eventually, after so many month with them, i lost motivation. Then I brought along Koiviolet, who i didnt keep for long. Now? It's Duskpaw, Dawnstar's blind Great-Grand-daughter, directly named after Dawnstar herself.

I've applied and applied to so many things, Deputy finders, Medicine cat Finders, and time and time again, i wasnt selected. I simply shrugged it off as "oh it's not my time to be selected yet, i need to get better." But as the people around me kept getting selected, over and over, i simply stopped trying. I took another short break.

Then, November 2023 came along. And so did the request for roleplayers to fill the spots in the Covenant of the Stars. I applied, and several stressful weeks passed. Then came November 24th. I got a PM from bear saying i was selected for the role. I was shaking. And I cried and cried. Finally I had told myself. Finally I was seen. It was probably that event, that had told me that i was important to the site. That I had some sort of control over the events of the site.

[PS. if i think of anything else I'll edit and add it aha]

velli was here with lots of spray paint
marshall snuck around
Reply lengths/time depends purely on my Motivation, please be patient as I have Dysgraphia and ADD [adhd without the h]
The Awaiting Horrors... [KNY RP] | Dragcave
please feed my beautiful ampharos some berries (also so i can get dp but :3)

No.
Old April 11th, 2024, 01:09 PM
merida :O

Bump Policy: Anytime At All (n○t if you JUST posted, wait 5/10 minutes!)
My Mood: Lurking

placeholder.. prepare for a dive into the short, getting longer time i've spent here.
(also guys sept. 2 will be the anviersarry of me joining wco, horray! (ik its a while to go until then but :3))
Old April 11th, 2024, 01:24 PM
Happy about life :3

Bump Policy: Anytime, as long as you didn't JUST post! I'm forgetful and have lots of rps atm, so it's fine! ^^
My Mood: Cheerful

Okay, here it goes. ^^

I joined WCO when I was a troubled lil' 6th grader, I thought- I love warriors cats and writing, what a coincidence! This looks like it would be fun to join! However, when I joined I was completely overwhelmed and basically quit after a day.

I then got an email about a whole clan mention about a month later and I decided to give it another chance. When I started again, I remember annoying @/Jayvines to DEATH. I would repetitively submit the same character, thinking they just hadn't got it when it wasn't accepted after an hour or so. The character I wanted to submit is well loved today as Streampaw (former Lotuspaw) who I deeply care about. At the time, I wanted to join her as an outsider kit, not realizing I'd have to submit a joining post. But yeah, I was a bit of a pain.

Anyway, I eventually learned the ropes and started to really get some good character development and planning done, becoming completely obsessed with this amazing site. Eventually it distracted from school work and I started to once again get overwhelmed, eventually leading to a couple-month hiatus.

But I really couldn't stay away in the end, it's just such an uplifting community and such an enjoyable pastime. So I came back and found so many changes to WCO, it was exciting. A new leader (which I must admit, it was a bit hard to get caught up on what happened to Sparrowstar), new rpers, a new way of keeping track of characters, purrks, hashtags, it was pretty cool. Maybe it all was a tiny bit hard to get used to, but in the end I got it down.

So I resubmitted some of my favorite characters (Streampaw, Acornpaw, and Meadowpaw), and made a fresh start. It was fun, starting again with mostly new characters and a better understanding of rp. At first, my writing was okay, but now I feel like it's really grown a lot better thanks to rping with you all. WCO has really changed me for the better and has given me some truly wonderful skills, such as more patience, better writing skills, many lessons on sociability, and overall just so much joy.

It's been almost three years since I found my place here and I really hope I can continue to grow and learn with and because of all of you. I really am so thankful for all you guys, so thank you for everything! I look forward to every rp, plot, and conversation I exchange with you!

Click only one |

"Love your neighboor as yourself." - Lev. 19:18

~Eveningstar is the current Morningclan leader, she has a semi-open den policy.~

Last edited by Streamtail; April 11th, 2024 at 01:26 PM.
Old April 11th, 2024, 03:50 PM
♡ Pixie ♡

Bump Policy: ✩1 week / 48 hrs if Time-limited✩
My Mood: Angelic

oops this took a while sorry not sorry

anyway on the chatbox yall call me aincent, which would be correct lmao. I joined back in may of 2021, sooooo 4th gradeishhhh??? idk man school math is weird. I'm in the 7th grade now and I can say there is a MAJOR difference.

I joined thinking this was a game omg help whyyyy. Thank goodness the amazing @/Starfall was here to explain what roleplaying is

Hello

There is no game, this is a Roleplay form /w\ where you create your own characters and have them interact with other member's characters!

A good way to get started, is by creating your character and submitting them to the Allegiances. Click the purple button up top next to Account and Explore the Forest.

Follow the steps there, once your character's submitted you can throw them into the world!

You can find the roleplaying forms by clicking Explore the Forest, and click on the clan your character is in. Than you should see some threads titled "Thunderclan Clearing" "Thunderclan Territory" etc etc. Click on one of those and you'll see a bunch of posts with people roleplaying their character.

Click "Post" and type out what your character is doing, and from there you're all good!! Please let me know if you have any more questions, I'm always more than happy to help

THANK YOU SO MUCH STAR I WAS DOOMED W/O U TYTYTY

anyway yall can guess what was the same. TWI AND DAWN. The leaders at the time were Eveningstar, Kerestelstar [I cannot spell it for the life of me], Dawnstar and Twilightstar. Yup, the lineout was different. Anyway, My roleplaying was very short [apparently 100 was long... why me just why] and was often cringy to me as of right now

Break and re-joined in december of 2021, going on and off until april of 2022 when I got an idea. What happened to SkC? So I abandoned the main Roleplay and hyper-fixtated on SkC until may 2023. I re-joined the main rp with an adopt named Wildtwist.

Wildtwist was my first and onlt main rp character that has 100+ posts. I applied him for deputy twice, but as I was loosing motivation for him, @/dino. Jumpscared me. Boooooo. October 25th, 2023, Wildtwist was offered the position of a Hornet.

So ovi I accepted, and Wildhornet was a thing. At the time, I was also rping a kit named Rainkit in rc who was like 8 moons so.... yea. I was really proud of myself. Wildtwist had 100+ posts, was my main char, and now had the position of hornet. Oh yeah, he also stopped the poison plot.

Yup!! There was an open for hornets post with Pinedrop poisoning ThC herbs, and I was there when It was posted so I just yeeted wild at it. Needless to say, I was really proud. then... School came back after December. I lost a lot of motivation, and fate happened. He was demoted. I had lost so much motivation.

But it was you guys that kept me going. Support from @/Ian LILYBESTIE U ARE AMAZING <33333 as well as countless other members. Honestly, after wild was demoted, I lost all motivation and felt left out in the community. Then, people started requesting interaction with my now-apprentice cat, Rainpaw along with some of my other characters at the time. It gave me the burst of motivation I really needed at the time, and is why I am still here today.

Recently, I started noticing something... unexpected. @/blxze. thought I was 'untouchable' and Rainpaw got nominated by @/stag A STAFF MEMBER??? Yeah, I was shocked to say the least. I did not realize how popular me and my characters was, so I was shocked to say the least. Yeah... please explain bc i honestly do understand :buh:

If you read all of that kudos to you. To everyone reading this, yall are absolutely amazing and I adore you all If you ever wanna talk, rp, or just need a shoulder to cry on, I am always here if you ever need anything

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Pocket Full Of Purrkies

Last edited by Bean; April 21st, 2024 at 05:48 PM.
Old April 12th, 2024, 11:24 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

My brain doesn’t work now your very long paragraph killed :0

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up