Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Raindancer's Avatar
Raindancer Raindancer is offline
Shrinking Violet
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Iowa
Gender: Female {she/her}
Posts: 50
My Mood: Happy
Koins: 360
Default Silence's hollow

Tucked away in a secluded corner of the forest is a peaceful hollow. In a small clearing, a twisted tree grows, and under its roots the den of a little black cat.

(If you'd like to join this rp please check in the plot resources tab!)

~~

Silence emerged from the forest carrying a mouse in her jaws. She padded to her tree and began to climb, stopping once she reached the lowermost branch. Carefully balancing her meal beside her, she stretched then settled down, enjoying the weak warmth of the leaf-bare sun.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Thistledawn's Avatar
Thistledawn Thistledawn is offline
Sugar Pine 7
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female [ she, her ]
Posts: 187
My Mood: Cheerful
Koins: 1,943
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Hoot felt like his paws were going to fall off. It had been days since he'd left his clearing due to the stranger passing through. The encounter had thrown Hoot off and caused him to lose every bit of motivation he possibly could have had. During the days he didn't leave his clearing, Hoot spent his time curled in his nest, gazing towards the sky. Every once in awhile a bird would fly overhead. The Abyssinian tom had even spotted a new bird he'd never seen before. It was blue and black and it seemed to have one of the happiest chirps Hoot had ever heard. He wished he could be a bird. He wished he could fly away from his problems. If Hoot had wings, the first thing he'd do would be find the most remote place and make his home there. There would be no Twolegs, no dogs, and no cats. This place would belong to Hoot and Hoot alone.

Shaking his head, Hoot forced himself out of his daydream. It was unrealistic, after all. A perfect place like that didn't exist. And even if it did, Hoot wouldn't be able to find it. Besides, he thought. I have the birdbath. He thought this as if it were an amazing luxury that was sought after by every cat. The birdbath was all the young tom had, so he learned to appreciate it, even if it wasn't as great as he made it out to be.

Caught up in his thoughts, Hoot continued to pad forward without direction, eventually making his way towards a hollow that he'd never seen before. The green-eyed tom cast a glance over his shoulder and realized that he hardly recognized where he was. This was the furthest he'd ever been away from his clearing. Excited to be in an area he'd never been in before, Hoot began to sniff around the hollow. It wasn't long before Hoot picked up the scent of another cat, fresh and strong. Hoot froze, paralyzed with fear. He cursed under his breath. How unlucky he was to stumble upon another cat's territory so easily. Slightly panicked, Hoot's eyes began to dart across the clearing until they finally spotted the cat.

"I'm sorry," He rushed to spit out. "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I'll be on my way now." Hoot watched the cat for a few heartbeats before he turned to leave. The Abyssinian had only made it a few pawsteps before he realized he didn't know where he was. He didn't even know which direction to go in. Hoot felt his brown tail begin to fall in between his legs. He slowly turned back to face the cat, being careful to avoid too much eye contact. "I wouldn't suppose you know how to get to the Twolegplace?" He asked quietly. Hoot's territory wasn't all to close to the Twolegplace, but if he could at least get there, he'd know how to get himself home.

[ @Raindancer sorry for the length; I tend to go overboard with starter posts xp ]
__________________
Thistle's site
Plumlight (TC) || Silvermask (RC) || Ashnose (ShC) || Cherrypaw (SkC) || Hoot (Loner)

Currently re-reading: The Forgotten Warrior

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Raindancer's Avatar
Raindancer Raindancer is offline
Shrinking Violet
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Iowa
Gender: Female {she/her}
Posts: 50
My Mood: Happy
Koins: 360
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Silence had just finished her meal when the stranger entered her clearing. A new guest. She thought, watching the cat with interest. The cat began to explore a little, creeping in just slightly before picking up her scent. It froze, searching her hollow almost frantically until it's eyes fell on her. When it apologized, her ears twitched A tom. I haven't had a tom guest for a long time.

She watched, almost with regret, as he turned to leave. But he seemed to remember something, and came back towards her tree, lowering his tail and stammering out his question. Silence cocked her head, blinking at him a few times before smiling gently. Her eyes crinkled, a sign she was laughing, in her own way. Climbing down the tree, she stopped in front of him, her head barely making it up to his chin while she stood.

In response to his question, she shook her head, dipping it in apology. I'm sorry, I don't know the way back to the twoleg place. She touched one of his front paws with hers, gently, then motioned with a flick of her head towards the roots of the tree. But you are welcome to stay here, if you'd like. Silence wondered what this young tom's reaction would be to her odd style of communication.

{@Thistledawn it's totally fine!! I love your descriptions}
__________________
Ever at your side


Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!

Last edited by Raindancer; 01-07-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Thistledawn's Avatar
Thistledawn Thistledawn is offline
Sugar Pine 7
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female [ she, her ]
Posts: 187
My Mood: Cheerful
Koins: 1,943
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Silence had just finished her meal when the stranger entered her clearing. A new guest. She thought, watching the cat with interest. The cat began to explore a little, creeping in just slightly before picking up her scent. It froze, searching her hollow almost frantically until it's eyes fell on her. When it apologized, her ears twitched A tom. I haven't had a tom guest for a long time.

She watched, almost with regret, as he turned to leave. But he seemed to remember something, and came back towards her tree, lowering his tail and stammering out his question. Silence cocked her head, blinking at him a few times before smiling gently. Her eyes crinkled, a sign she was laughing, in her own way. Climbing down the tree, she stopped in front of him, her head barely making it up to his chin while she stood.

In response to his question, she shook her head, dipping it in apology. I'm sorry, I don't know the way back to the twoleg place. She touched one of his front paws with hers, gently, then motioned with a flick of her head towards the roots of the tree. But you are welcome to stay here, if you'd like. Silence wondered what this young tom's reaction would be to her odd style of communication.

{@Thistledawn it's totally fine!! I love your descriptions}
Hoot's eyes widened as he realized the smaller cat had smiled at him. What a strange cat this she-cat was. He wondered why she hadn't been hissing at him or chasing him away just yet. When the she-cat jumped down from the tree, he realized just how small she actually was. This might have been the she-cat's reason for her lack of aggression towards Hoot. Unlike the she-cat he had met the other day, Hoot might have been able to win in a fight against the she-cat with his size alone. That said, the Abyssinian knew nothing about this cat and her past. For all he knew, she might have been the greatest fighter in the forest despite her size.

The young tom's head cocked to the side slightly when the she-cat dipped her head in apology. He had almost been sure that this cat was feigning innocence until now. She'd been silent so far, not speaking a word. Instead, it seemed that she was communicating through body language. When she reached out her paws to touch his, Hoot flinched away for a heartbeat. What cat would attack another cat's paws like that? But the tan colored realized that he couldn't see her claws, meaning she hadn't extended them with the intent of causing harm. The tom let the other cat touch her paw to his, watching her motion in the direction of the tree. Hoot's green eyes gazed past the she-cat and towards the tree. It seemed that this was her home, and she was. . . Welcoming him inside? Skeptical of her generosity and overly kind behavior, Hoot thought through his options. His paws hurt from walking all day. He didn't know his way back home, and it seemed that neither of the two cats knew how to get to the Twolegplace. The she-cat was welcoming Hoot into her home, but it seemed like a likely set up. As soon as Hoot let himself be welcomed, she'd probably attack.

Hoot backed away a few paces. "Who are you?" His eyes ran up and down the she-cat's body, as if that would give him any insight to whatever she might be hiding.
__________________
Thistle's site
Plumlight (TC) || Silvermask (RC) || Ashnose (ShC) || Cherrypaw (SkC) || Hoot (Loner)

Currently re-reading: The Forgotten Warrior

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Raindancer's Avatar
Raindancer Raindancer is offline
Shrinking Violet
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Iowa
Gender: Female {she/her}
Posts: 50
My Mood: Happy
Koins: 360
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Hoot's eyes widened as he realized the smaller cat had smiled at him. What a strange cat this she-cat was. He wondered why she hadn't been hissing at him or chasing him away just yet. When the she-cat jumped down from the tree, he realized just how small she actually was. This might have been the she-cat's reason for her lack of aggression towards Hoot. Unlike the she-cat he had met the other day, Hoot might have been able to win in a fight against the she-cat with his size alone. That said, the Abyssinian knew nothing about this cat and her past. For all he knew, she might have been the greatest fighter in the forest despite her size.

The young tom's head cocked to the side slightly when the she-cat dipped her head in apology. He had almost been sure that this cat was feigning innocence until now. She'd been silent so far, not speaking a word. Instead, it seemed that she was communicating through body language. When she reached out her paws to touch his, Hoot flinched away for a heartbeat. What cat would attack another cat's paws like that? But the tan colored realized that he couldn't see her claws, meaning she hadn't extended them with the intent of causing harm. The tom let the other cat touch her paw to his, watching her motion in the direction of the tree. Hoot's green eyes gazed past the she-cat and towards the tree. It seemed that this was her home, and she was. . . Welcoming him inside? Skeptical of her generosity and overly kind behavior, Hoot thought through his options. His paws hurt from walking all day. He didn't know his way back home, and it seemed that neither of the two cats knew how to get to the Twolegplace. The she-cat was welcoming Hoot into her home, but it seemed like a likely set up. As soon as Hoot let himself be welcomed, she'd probably attack.

Hoot backed away a few paces. "Who are you?" His eyes ran up and down the she-cat's body, as if that would give him any insight to whatever she might be hiding.

Silence sat down after reading his lips as he became defensive, curling her tail neatly over her small paws and blinking at him slowly. She let him examine her, used to wary stares. She did her best to show him she was not a threat. So began the charades. Silence had become quite the actress, until guests got used to her normal body language, she had to communicate with dramatic gestures.

She flicked her tail up to her chest, before letting it settle again. I am Silence. She then reached up and put her paws over her flattened ears. I am deaf. She pointed her tail at him, then tucked her front paws under her chest and closed her eyes. You can rest easy here. After she sat back up Silence asked a question of her own. Pointing her tail at him again, she tilted her head to the side, a curious light in her deep orange eyes.

Who are you?
__________________
Ever at your side


Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2018, 09:52 PM
Thistledawn's Avatar
Thistledawn Thistledawn is offline
Sugar Pine 7
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female [ she, her ]
Posts: 187
My Mood: Cheerful
Koins: 1,943
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Silence sat down after reading his lips as he became defensive, curling her tail neatly over her small paws and blinking at him slowly. She let him examine her, used to wary stares. She did her best to show him she was not a threat. So began the charades. Silence had become quite the actress, until guests got used to her normal body language, she had to communicate with dramatic gestures.

She flicked her tail up to her chest, before letting it settle again. I am Silence. She then reached up and put her paws over her flattened ears. I am deaf. She pointed her tail at him, then tucked her front paws under her chest and closed her eyes. You can rest easy here. After she sat back up Silence asked a question of her own. Pointing her tail at him again, she tilted her head to the side, a curious light in her deep orange eyes.

Who are you?
Letting himself relax a little bit, Hoot sat and curled his brown tail around his paws. His squinted his eyes at the she-cat and wrinkled his nose. The tom was struggling to understand what the cat was trying to get across. Why didn't she just talk like a normal cat? Hoot felt weirded out. He wanted to go home and back to the birdbath where no weird, silent she-cat where hanging about. But despite his frustration, curiosity streamed through the young cat's veins. Sure, all of this not speaking business was irritating and strange, but it did offer some kind of an adventure and Hoot loved adventures.

"You're. . ." Hoot trailed off, trying to find whatever word the she-cat was trying to communicate. "Chest? Uh, Black? Molly, perhaps?" The tom began to name off different words and names, trying to figure out which was right. But even as he said them, none of them sounded right to him. None of the names that Hoot came up with sounded mysterious enough to belong to the she-cat. He thought deeper and harder. "Shy? Quiet? Silent?" Something about that last one felt right. "Silent." He stated it this time, more for himself than anything else. It was close, Hoot knew that much. Silent, he thought to himself. That's a weird name. Silence would sound much better.

The Abyssinian perked up suddenly, a smile- a rare occurrence for Hoot in the presence of another cat- stretched across his maw. "Silence? Is that your name? That's pretty fitting for you." A hint of amusement was buried in the young tom's voice. "And there's something wrong with your ears?" Hoot breathed. "You can't. . . hear?" The tom's head retreated with surprise. He'd heard of a- he searched for the word- a deaf cat before. That cat was a kittypet and lived with Twolegs because it couldn't care for itself. Hoot never expected to meet a deaf cat himself. He wondered how she had survived up until now. And he wondered how she was understanding what he'd been saying this entire time.

"I can sleep here." Hoot translated, feeling proud that he was able to finally figure out something easily. Suddenly, the she-cat began to reflect his own curiosity. He raised his tail to his own chest, as she had done before, as if to ask, who am I? "Hoot." He said, unsure if she'd understand or not. He tried to think of a way to explain it through his body, but came up with nothing. "Hoot." He repeated, just to be sure.
__________________
Thistle's site
Plumlight (TC) || Silvermask (RC) || Ashnose (ShC) || Cherrypaw (SkC) || Hoot (Loner)

Currently re-reading: The Forgotten Warrior

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Raindancer's Avatar
Raindancer Raindancer is offline
Shrinking Violet
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Iowa
Gender: Female {she/her}
Posts: 50
My Mood: Happy
Koins: 360
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Letting himself relax a little bit, Hoot sat and curled his brown tail around his paws. His squinted his eyes at the she-cat and wrinkled his nose. The tom was struggling to understand what the cat was trying to get across. Why didn't she just talk like a normal cat? Hoot felt weirded out. He wanted to go home and back to the birdbath where no weird, silent she-cat where hanging about. But despite his frustration, curiosity streamed through the young cat's veins. Sure, all of this not speaking business was irritating and strange, but it did offer some kind of an adventure and Hoot loved adventures.

"You're. . ." Hoot trailed off, trying to find whatever word the she-cat was trying to communicate. "Chest? Uh, Black? Molly, perhaps?" The tom began to name off different words and names, trying to figure out which was right. But even as he said them, none of them sounded right to him. None of the names that Hoot came up with sounded mysterious enough to belong to the she-cat. He thought deeper and harder. "Shy? Quiet? Silent?" Something about that last one felt right. "Silent." He stated it this time, more for himself than anything else. It was close, Hoot knew that much. Silent, he thought to himself. That's a weird name. Silence would sound much better.

The Abyssinian perked up suddenly, a smile- a rare occurrence for Hoot in the presence of another cat- stretched across his maw. "Silence? Is that your name? That's pretty fitting for you." A hint of amusement was buried in the young tom's voice. "And there's something wrong with your ears?" Hoot breathed. "You can't. . . hear?" The tom's head retreated with surprise. He'd heard of a- he searched for the word- a deaf cat before. That cat was a kittypet and lived with Twolegs because it couldn't care for itself. Hoot never expected to meet a deaf cat himself. He wondered how she had survived up until now. And he wondered how she was understanding what he'd been saying this entire time.

"I can sleep here." Hoot translated, feeling proud that he was able to finally figure out something easily. Suddenly, the she-cat began to reflect his own curiosity. He raised his tail to his own chest, as she had done before, as if to ask, who am I? "Hoot." He said, unsure if she'd understand or not. He tried to think of a way to explain it through his body, but came up with nothing. "Hoot." He repeated, just to be sure.

Silence smiled, nodding each time he guessed right. Her eyes crinkled again as she laughed--he was good at this! Few of her guests could pick up on her meanings so quickly. Maybe the charades would give way to real communication faster, too.

He was shocked that she couldn't hear, but he accepted it better than some. He didn't become snide or dismissive. Just more curious. Her new guest was an intriguing one. He said his name a few times, and she could see he wasn't sure she understood him.

How can I show... She perked, getting an idea. Standing slowly, she took cautious steps closer, showing she meant no harm. Once they were a few pawsteps apart she gently flicked her tail, grazing his lips, then flicked to back to her eyes. I understand you. I can see your words. Being as cautious as he was, she then retreated a few paces, sitting back down. I'm sorry if I startled you. She dipped her head in apology. A soft smile graced her face. I'm glad you're here.

Silence thought again, for a moment, and gestured to the tree. She lifted a paw and slid out her claws, shaking her head 'no' as she did so. It is safe here, I assure you. The little she-cat retract her claws quickly after. Silence hoped she hadn't scared him off--it had been a few moons since her last guest, and he was a cautious one.

(Sorry about taking so long! Had to help clean up from dinner.)
__________________
Ever at your side


Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!

Last edited by Raindancer; 01-07-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Thistledawn's Avatar
Thistledawn Thistledawn is offline
Sugar Pine 7
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female [ she, her ]
Posts: 187
My Mood: Cheerful
Koins: 1,943
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Silence smiled, nodding each time he guessed right. Her eyes crinkled again as she laughed--he was good at this! Few of her guests could pick up on her meanings so quickly. Maybe the charades would give way to real communication faster, too.

He was shocked that she couldn't hear, but he accepted it better than some. He didn't become snide or dismissive. Just more curious. Her new guest was an intriguing one. He said his name a few times, and she could see he wasn't sure she understood him.

How can I show... She perked, getting an idea. Standing slowly, she took cautious steps closer, showing she meant no harm. Once they were a few pawsteps apart she gently flicked her tail, grazing his lips, then flicked to back to her eyes. I understand you. I can see your words. Being as cautious as he was, she then retreated a few paces, sitting back down. I'm sorry if I startled you. She dipped her head in apology. A soft smile graced her face. I'm glad you're here.

Silence thought again, for a moment, and gestured to the tree. She lifted a paw and slid out her claws, shaking her head 'no' as she did so. It is safe here, I assure you. The little she-cat retract her claws quickly after. Silence hoped she hadn't scared him off--it had been a few moons since her last guest, and he was a cautious one.

(Sorry about taking so long! Had to help clean up from dinner.)
Hoot stayed still as Silence approached and touched his lips with her tail. His eyes widened with surprise when he finally understood what she was trying to say. "You can see what I'm saying!" He exclaimed, hardly believing it. It had made sense to him now. If the she-cat watched the way Hoot's mouth moved, surely she'd be able to figure out what he was saying. He was impressed to say the least. Intrigued too. Hoot understood nearly instantly when he saw Silence expose a claw and shake her head no. It was obvious that she meant no harm. And the tree did look tempting. Hoot's tan paws were screaming for him to put his weight elsewhere.

The Abyssinian stood up and brushed past Silence, carefully, as if she'd break if he managed to push one hair out of place. Hoot was sure she'd needed extra care due to her deafness. He craned his head upwards and followed the trunk of the tree with his green eyes. It seemed to call to him, asking him to climb up its branches, leaving the ground below him. So Hoot did so, completely forgetting about the other cat for a few heartbeats. The young tom stopped just above where Silence was when he first showed up. He could feel the cooler air his his pelt here. A small breeze pushed his fur the wrong way, sending a small shiver down his spine. He scanned the other branches of the tree with analytic eyes.

"This is a nice place you've got here. I can't imagine how you're all alone here." Hoot mewed to Silence, absentmindedly flicking his tail against a twig hanging off of a bigger branch.

[ You're fine! I'm usually bad at quick replies anyways, so I don't expect fast responses from other people xp ]
__________________
Thistle's site
Plumlight (TC) || Silvermask (RC) || Ashnose (ShC) || Cherrypaw (SkC) || Hoot (Loner)

Currently re-reading: The Forgotten Warrior

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Raindancer's Avatar
Raindancer Raindancer is offline
Shrinking Violet
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Iowa
Gender: Female {she/her}
Posts: 50
My Mood: Happy
Koins: 360
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Hoot stayed still as Silence approached and touched his lips with her tail. His eyes widened with surprise when he finally understood what she was trying to say. "You can see what I'm saying!" He exclaimed, hardly believing it. It had made sense to him now. If the she-cat watched the way Hoot's mouth moved, surely she'd be able to figure out what he was saying. He was impressed to say the least. Intrigued too. Hoot understood nearly instantly when he saw Silence expose a claw and shake her head no. It was obvious that she meant no harm. And the tree did look tempting. Hoot's tan paws were screaming for him to put his weight elsewhere.

The Abyssinian stood up and brushed past Silence, carefully, as if she'd break if he managed to push one hair out of place. Hoot was sure she'd needed extra care due to her deafness. He craned his head upwards and followed the trunk of the tree with his green eyes. It seemed to call to him, asking him to climb up its branches, leaving the ground below him. So Hoot did so, completely forgetting about the other cat for a few heartbeats. The young tom stopped just above where Silence was when he first showed up. He could feel the cooler air his his pelt here. A small breeze pushed his fur the wrong way, sending a small shiver down his spine. He scanned the other branches of the tree with analytic eyes.

"This is a nice place you've got here. I can't imagine how you're all alone here." Hoot mewed to Silence, absentmindedly flicking his tail against a twig hanging off of a bigger branch.

[ You're fine! I'm usually bad at quick replies anyways, so I don't expect fast responses from other people xp ]

Silence smiled as Hoot finally relaxed. She watched him climb, then padded to the tree's roots, squinting her eyes as she looked up at him to catch his words.

The little she-cat shrugged. It's not that surprising. She shook her head, pressing a paw to her lips. I can't speak. Then shook her head once more and flattened her ears against her head. I can't hear. She walked in a small circle before sitting down once more, making the motion of looking about. Some said it was like living alone. Silence brushed her paw against the sandy dirt, and the wind swept up a small cloud before whisking it away. Some had other places to be. Nobody stays for long.

Darker memories began to work their way to the surface, and a cloud cross her face briefly as she fought them back. Though I am this far away from everyone else for a reason. Silence shook her head, looking up at him again. She tilted her head, then opened and closed her maw a few times. But anyway, are you hungry?

{Okay! X3}
__________________
Ever at your side


Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Thistledawn's Avatar
Thistledawn Thistledawn is offline
Sugar Pine 7
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Michigan, USA
Gender: Female [ she, her ]
Posts: 187
My Mood: Cheerful
Koins: 1,943
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Silence smiled as Hoot finally relaxed. She watched him climb, then padded to the tree's roots, squinting her eyes as she looked up at him to catch his words.

The little she-cat shrugged. It's not that surprising. She shook her head, pressing a paw to her lips. I can't speak. Then shook her head once more and flattened her ears against her head. I can't hear. She walked in a small circle before sitting down once more, making the motion of looking about. Some said it was like living alone. Silence brushed her paw against the sandy dirt, and the wind swept up a small cloud before whisking it away. Some had other places to be. Nobody stays for long.

Darker memories began to work their way to the surface, and a cloud cross her face briefly as she fought them back. Though I am this far away from everyone else for a reason. Silence shook her head, looking up at him again. She tilted her head, then opened and closed her maw a few times. But anyway, are you hungry?

{Okay! X3}
Realizing being so far above Silence was making it hard for her to understand him, Hoot jumped down from the tree, neatly landing on his paws. His curiosity returned as the she-cat continued. "Haven't you tried to speak?" Hoot asked, tilting his head to the side, examining Silence's ears. "I mean- your ears appear to be fine. Maybe your voice will be fine." There wasn't a direct connection between hearing and speaking, not that Hoot knew of. It seemed silly to him that Silence communicated through motion rather than using words if she may have had the ability.

Unable to focus on the she-cat alone, Hoot began to look around the clearing once more, careful to make sure Silence could see his mouth whenever he spoke. "I like to live alone." Hoot told the she-cat. He searched her eyes, unsure. "It's the best way to live. There's a lot of awful cats out there." His mew was serious. How dumb could she be, inviting cats to stay with her? "They'll take what you have and claw you in the back. Living alone is the only way to protect yourself." Suddenly aware of how open he was being, Hoot avoided Silence's eyes. He'd gotten too comfortable too fast. He still knew nothing about her. He almost asked what she meant when she said there was a reason for her being so far away from everyone, but he held his tongue. It looked like Silence may not have wanted to talk about it anyways.

"No, I'm not hungry." He said, thankful that Silence was deaf instead of blind. His belly let out a low grumble as he spoke. He was hungry, but not hungry enough to eat someone else's fresh-kill. "Are you? I could catch something for you."
__________________
Thistle's site
Plumlight (TC) || Silvermask (RC) || Ashnose (ShC) || Cherrypaw (SkC) || Hoot (Loner)

Currently re-reading: The Forgotten Warrior

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Allegiances

|| News & Joining ||

ThunderClan
Leader: Snowstar
Deputy: Passionblaze
Medicine Cat: Caliapaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Goldenstar
Deputy: Halfgaze
Medicine Cat: Daydream
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

RiverClan
Leader: Fallenstar
Deputy: Daisyshade
Medicine Cat: Juniperpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Blazingstar
Deputy: Onyxwhisper
Medicine Cat: Surgestorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

SkyClan
Leader: Grousestar
Deputy: Auroraflame
Medicine Cat: Shinefang
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBCredits I v2.0.0 Gold ©2010, PixelFX Studios
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Warrior Cats Online 2013-2017