Last post by lys.luvbot
Today 10:33 PM

Old October 5th, 2017, 06:29 PM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
the medicine cat raised a brow,¨youve acted like i dont know what a leader ceremony is like. gaining eight more lives takes it out of you, i can feel your discomfort from here.¨ the enby replied bluntly. it was hard to get things past daypaw. maybe it was a sixth sense, maybe it was the observant nature of being a medcat, but they knew goldenstar was feeling anything but ¨indifferent¨, bull crap. They stood up now, giving a small stretch. this was the first step for shadowclan. after this, they would be walking back home to their own territory. it would be a new chapter of rebuilding. they could remember what it was like to take kestrelberrys place. perhaps it was sort of like a new start for both of them. they walked towards the leader, leaning forward and pressing a lick to the toms head. geckoleaf said that was a thing they had to do after ceremonies like this or something, weird. but they did it anyway, licking the leaders forehead and pulling away. ¨Youre now Goldenstar,leader of Shadowclan,¨ it was a rarity, but daypaw smiled. a small, crooked but genuine one. ¨lets go home, ill get you some prey and herbs that will make you feel slightly better.¨
Goldenstar tried not to flinch as Daypaw saw past his sort of mask. He hadn’t been aware that some medicine cats could figure something like that out that easily. Then again, he had never really interacted with a medicine cat before now, except for maybe one or two times. He was still extremely awkward, no different than any other interaction. It was painful, the way all of this had happened. He had honestly thought he would have more time as deputy, but no. Now he was leader. He had nine lives, as weird as that sounded. As Daypaw licked his forehead, he hid his confusion, it was probably just something medicine cats did, too bad he couldn’t ask Halestar what it was like at her ceremony. He really needed to stop always coming back to Halestar. She was gone now, and there was nothing he could do about it, so he might as well deal with it. He smiled back at the enby, as he couldn’t think of anything else to do, so his smile turned out awkward, though it didn’t look forced, which it wasn’t. “Let’s do that,” he murmured, “Thanks Daypaw,” he added, as he was really greatful that they had sort of been there for him, even with all the craziness that had been happening for the past couple of days.
Old October 6th, 2017, 09:29 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post

Goldenstar tried not to flinch as Daypaw saw past his sort of mask. He hadn’t been aware that some medicine cats could figure something like that out that easily. Then again, he had never really interacted with a medicine cat before now, except for maybe one or two times. He was still extremely awkward, no different than any other interaction. It was painful, the way all of this had happened. He had honestly thought he would have more time as deputy, but no. Now he was leader. He had nine lives, as weird as that sounded. As Daypaw licked his forehead, he hid his confusion, it was probably just something medicine cats did, too bad he couldn’t ask Halestar what it was like at her ceremony. He really needed to stop always coming back to Halestar. She was gone now, and there was nothing he could do about it, so he might as well deal with it. He smiled back at the enby, as he couldn’t think of anything else to do, so his smile turned out awkward, though it didn’t look forced, which it wasn’t. “Let’s do that,” he murmured, “Thanks Daypaw,” he added, as he was really grateful that they had sort of been there for him, even with all the craziness that had been happening for the past couple of days.
the apprentice nodded, starting to walk towards the exit of the cave. it was weird, to leave shadowclan territory with one leader and to return with another. it didnt bother daypaw, they had figured it was only a matter of time before halestar had stepped down. not that it was a bad thing, but she was overly stressed and paranoid. she did lead very well and held up shadowclans reputation, but this was a step forward. with the flood and the damage they have to face after they leave this cave was going to be alot of bare, but they didnt have a shred of doubt in goldenstar unless proven otherwise. ¨im sure youll be a great leader.¨ while daypaw didnt know the tom for that long and hadnt really talked to him, it was easy to read his nervous nature. they didnt mind providing the small reassurance, any new leader needed it. taking care of shadowclan was a team effort, both between leader,deputy and medicine cat, and hopefully with this new leadership the harmony can stay in tact.
Old October 26th, 2017, 02:17 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

The Starcave was the most beautiful place Caliapaw could think of. She had never expected she would be coming here... her! You'd think StarClan would have given me a heads up about this, she thought with a laugh. There were stories about that of course, but Caliapaw had never though that StarClan would speak to her. Yet here she was, about to accept the life of a medicine cat. She could never have a mate. She could never have kits. But that was okay, because the one thing that she was NOT planning on doing anytime soon was falling in love. To be honest, she didn't even understand it. Wheatfur's kind words rung in her head as she padded on, her eyes wide with awe. In a place like this, it was hard not to feel small and insignificant. Ancestors who had done great things before her would be speaking to her someday, and this was the start of it all. Dozens of medicine cats before her must have walked this ground, and here she was, just a part of it all. It was impossible not to be in awe. "How many times have you been here?" She asked, turning to look at her soon-to-be mentor. Whatever the number was, it would amaze Caliapaw - for sure. Even one time was enough to amaze her.

@~rattlesnake~

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old November 9th, 2017, 06:53 PM
whats up danger?

@Charmer @AbsurdJinx

Daypaw waited. they felt nothing but unease at the moment. this was the moment they had been training for for moons, this was ther hardships had lead them. they didnt know where geckoleaf was in all honesty. they hadnt heard back from her. it scared them. and in all honesty, they felt abandoned and alone again. the only thing that had kept them afloat was gone. but like any chapter, they were forced to move on. they were forced to live another day and get up with the same routine, to treat, to revive, to help save. so here they were.
Old November 9th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
@Charmer @AbsurdJinx

Daypaw waited. they felt nothing but unease at the moment. this was the moment they had been training for for moons, this was ther hardships had lead them. they didnt know where geckoleaf was in all honesty. they hadnt heard back from her. it scared them. and in all honesty, they felt abandoned and alone again. the only thing that had kept them afloat was gone. but like any chapter, they were forced to move on. they were forced to live another day and get up with the same routine, to treat, to revive, to help save. so here they were.
Shinefang moved stiffly as he made his way to the Starcave. The night air was getting colder, and his panting breathes sent small clouds into air. The weather was doing his aching joints no favors. "Good thing the Starcave is so close to Skyclan," he muttered to himself as he went, "Coming here every half moon is going to get old fast." As he approached the cave, he recognized Daypaw's golden fur, and nodded to the Shadowclan medicine cat. "Daypaw," he said with a greeting nod. He settled on his haunches, grunting with a twinge of pain as he did so. "Take my advice. Never get old." He was being light, but the loss on Acornpaw still weighed on him. Not to mention, he was also a little on edge about this ceremony. Shinefang had basically launched right into the role as a medicine cat and never been confirmed by Starclan. It wasn't that he cared for that opinion, but he was a cat who appreciated tradition.

Old November 10th, 2017, 09:40 AM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw slipped into the cave which they remembered from their ceremony, where Geckoleaf officially took her on as her apprentice. Geckoleaf. The loss of her mentor was still weighing heavily on the young apprentice who was only just a kit out of the nursery at merely seven moons. The fact that the last time they'd seen each other the tensions had been high and nothing had been resolved also weighed her down in the form of guilt. Since her mentor's abrupt disappearance, Juniperpaw has taken the weight of the entire Clan onto her shoulders and she's matured at such a young age and taken on responsibilities no cat her age should have to. Juniperpaw shook her head to clear herself of her depressing thoughts, carefully placing each paw ahead of herself as she walked further into the cave.

She found Daypaw and Shinefang in the cave already, and Juniperpaw flashed them welcoming smiles. ``Hey guys!`` She chirped in greeting, trotting forward to offer each of them a friendly nuzzle.
Old November 10th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw slipped into the cave which they remembered from their ceremony, where Geckoleaf officially took her on as her apprentice. Geckoleaf. The loss of her mentor was still weighing heavily on the young apprentice who was only just a kit out of the nursery at merely seven moons. The fact that the last time they'd seen each other the tensions had been high and nothing had been resolved also weighed her down in the form of guilt. Since her mentor's abrupt disappearance, Juniperpaw has taken the weight of the entire Clan onto her shoulders and she's matured at such a young age and taken on responsibilities no cat her age should have to. Juniperpaw shook her head to clear herself of her depressing thoughts, carefully placing each paw ahead of herself as she walked further into the cave.

She found Daypaw and Shinefang in the cave already, and Juniperpaw flashed them welcoming smiles. ``Hey guys!`` She chirped in greeting, trotting forward to offer each of them a friendly nuzzle.
@woly

Shinefang’s ears twitched as little pawsteps cane padding into the cave. “Well that could only be Junebug.” Sure enough, the little tabby-striped apprentice came up to them. To Shinefang’s surprise, the little shecat came and gave him a nuzzle in greeting. Most cats weren’t so happy to see him once he started calling them by a nickname. It tended to annoy most cats, which amused him usually. At his age, you had to make enjoyment where you could. “Good evening to you medicine bug. I’m very sorry to hear about your mentor.” Gossip about the Riverclan medicine cat’s disappearance had spread to SkyClan. Honestly, he had thought it was just queen-gossip, but now that he was seeing for himself that she had traveled here alone, there wasn’t much doubt left. Typical shecats and typical Starclan, he thought bitterly. “I suppose it’s just us three then: two paws and a shrivelled old elder. I’d ask Starclan to help us, but I’d say they’ve done plenty already.” He said tersely. Here Starclan was again, taking taking and more taking. Would they ever have enough? “I’ll be happy to teach you what I can, Junebug but I’m sorely lacking in mentorship myself.” Wheatfur had volunteered to help teach him some skill and herbs he wasn’t as familiar with, but then the gathering happened and well... question answered: Starclan had more to take. This time, a loyal warrior turned medicine cat who had earned Shinefang’s respect.

Last edited by Charmer; November 10th, 2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old November 11th, 2017, 12:46 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@woly

Shinefang’s ears twitched as little pawsteps cane padding into the cave. “Well that could only be Junebug.” Sure enough, the little tabby-striped apprentice came up to them. To Shinefang’s surprise, the little shecat came and gave him a nuzzle in greeting. Most cats weren’t so happy to see him once he started calling them by a nickname. It tended to annoy most cats, which amused him usually. At his age, you had to make enjoyment where you could. “Good evening to you medicine bug. I’m very sorry to hear about your mentor.” Gossip about the Riverclan medicine cat’s disappearance had spread to SkyClan. Honestly, he had thought it was just queen-gossip, but now that he was seeing for himself that she had traveled here alone, there wasn’t much doubt left. Typical shecats and typical Starclan, he thought bitterly. “I suppose it’s just us three then: two paws and a shrivelled old elder. I’d ask Starclan to help us, but I’d say they’ve done plenty already.” He said tersely. Here Starclan was again, taking taking and more taking. Would they ever have enough? “I’ll be happy to teach you what I can, Junebug but I’m sorely lacking in mentorship myself.” Wheatfur had volunteered to help teach him some skill and herbs he wasn’t as familiar with, but then the gathering happened and well... question answered: Starclan had more to take. This time, a loyal warrior turned medicine cat who had earned Shinefang’s respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@woly @Charmer

seeing juniperpaw pad in, they had grown into the habbit of keeping a watchful eye for geckoleaf close after her. but there were no familiar pawsteps. there was no motherly shecat that they had grown to love. their safety blanket: was gone. it was only a painful reminder that they had lost yet another thing close to them. they did not return juniperpaws loving nudge, or shinefangs greeting. instead they kept to themselves, only returning to gestures with a neutral glare. they didnt want to do this. it should be geckoleaf giving them this ceremony, not doing it alone. they felt so small again, like a kit without its mother forced to grow up. they wanted to throw a tantrum to starclan on how it wasnt fair, that none of this was fair, but there was no use. they walked forward, large claws digging into the ground as they pushed past the other two medcats without a word, instead walking over to the small puddles of water that lay in the dank cave, amber hues staring at them. They would be both accepting their full rank and giving one to shinefang. it was a turn of events, a lot of responsibility that they werent willing to accept just yet. but it looked like they had no real choice.
Old November 11th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Sigh...

Shinefang likely wouldn't be aware of Daypaw's bond with Geckoleaf.

@AbsurdJinx

Daypaw pushed past Shinefang into the Starcave, practically resonating that attitude he remembered from the gathering. This seemed worse than that though... He leaned in to whisper to Juniperpaw. "What's their problem? Did someone bring them a vole when they asked for a mouse?" Perhaps Daypaw was still upset about the herbs in Shadowclan?

Old November 12th, 2017, 10:59 AM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@woly @Charmer

Juniperpaw was hurt by Daypaw's actions. Of course, she was aware that the ShadowClan cat was extremely close to Juniperpaw's mentor, even considering Geckoleaf to be their mother. However, Juniperpaw was hurting just as much, having lost her biological mother at the Gathering as well. She was taking the responsibilities of an entire Clan onto her seven-moon old shoulders, all the while fighting the resentment of her clanmates, fighting the resentment of her Clan leader even!

She glared after Daypaw, the fur on her shoulders bristling. She glanced at Shinefang, gaze softening as she looked up at the older tomcat. ``Daypaw looked at my mentor, Geckoleaf, like she was their mother. They were really close.`` Juniperpaw shook her pelt out to warm herself up, flashing Shinefang a friendly smile. ``Let's get going, shall we?`` And then she followed after Daypaw, forcing herself to calm down. After all, Daypaw was suffering as well.