Haiii!
Last post by Starphobia
Today 10:54 AM

Old November 26th, 2017, 07:28 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

@RedHead

Juniperpaw was currently curled in her nest, her muscles tense and a bundle of thoughts bouncing around her head. She felt her heart tighten due to pain over the current situation. She was beginning to think she wasn't cut out to be a medicine cat. She hasn't been able to help her clanmates because her knowledge of herbs was so low, and some of her clanmates still resented her for replacing Cricketpaw and then Geckoleaf. Russetstar had resented her as well, and she hadn't spoken to him since her ceremony where he clearly displayed his disapproval. She was too scared to approach Fallenstream, who she feared would treat her similarly, but now that he was leader, she'd have no choice but to work with him. Juniperpaw was terribly afraid. She hadn't told anyone about the loss of her patients, not even Daydream or Shinefang whom she looked at as family. And they couldn't help her, not from their camps. Juniperpaw, at merely seven moons old, carried the weight of the entire clan on her shoulders.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; November 26th, 2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old November 27th, 2017, 10:10 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@RedHead

Juniperpaw was currently curled in her nest, her muscles tense and a bundle of thoughts bouncing around her head. She felt her heart tighten due to pain over the current situation. She was beginning to think she wasn't cut out to be a medicine cat. She hasn't been able to help her clanmates because her knowledge of herbs was so low, and some of her clanmates still resented her for replacing Cricketpaw and then Geckoleaf. Russetstar had resented her as well, and she hadn't spoken to him since her ceremony where he clearly displayed his disapproval. She was too scared to approach Fallenstream, who she feared would treat her similarly, but now that he was leader, she'd have no choice but to work with him. Juniperpaw was terribly afraid. She hadn't told anyone about the loss of her patients, not even Daydream or Shinefang whom she looked at as family. And they couldn't help her, not from their camps. Juniperpaw, at merely seven moons old, carried the weight of the entire clan on her shoulders.

Quietly poking her head through the den, Settingpaw's blue eyes widened at the sight of it. Her nose twitched slightly as the smells hit her nose, making her want to sneeze, but breathe them all in deeply at the same time. "Wow, I haven't been in one of these for a long time." She muttered under her breath, padding deeper into the medicine den. The last time she had been in a medicine cat's den was in Thunderclan, when she was a mere kit, going in for a checkup of her brother, who was sick. She remembered he had ended up dying, so that wasn't a pleasant memory. But remember Settingpaw. You're in Riverclan now. It's different. The young apprentice had hoped when she came to this clan to be reunited with her father, but so far, that hadn't gone so well. She hadn't even talked to him! But she had only been here for one day, having arrived early yesterday morning.
While she was looking around, Settingpaw reminded herself she was supposed to be looking for the medicine cat. She had been told that she was very young still, and Setting felt sympathy for the young cat. Even though she hadn't met her yet, she wouldn't know what she would do if she was a full medicine cat at the age she was currently. Spotting a cat curled in a nest, Settingpaw supposed that was Juniperpaw. She didn't know what she looked like, but this cat looked younger, so she decided to approach her. "Um, sorry to disturb you, but are you the medicine cat?"

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old November 29th, 2017, 04:15 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:

Juniperpaw was quick to pull back, staring blankly at the spot that had brought indescribable pain to Phantomwhisper. She couldn't find anything odd about that certain area; at least, nothing visible... Juniperpaw froze as a thought suddenly pierced her, I'll have to help end another cat's misery. Sure, it was often something others would be happy to do - ending anothers' misery, that is, but not when it meant killing them. Well, some cats would like to do that. Some cats would appreciate murder, but Juniperpaw wasn't one of them.

Juniperpaw felt tears lace her eyes, and she cleared her throat while whipping around and pacing towards her herb store in an attempt to hide her fear and pain. She had to be strong for her patients, whether they be defenseless kits, tired elders, or even capable warriors. It was Juniperpaw's duty as a medicine cat to be strong for her clanmates, even if she was only still a kit just out of the nursery. Blinking the wetness from her dark green eyes, Juniperpaw dug through the herbs that were nameless to her having not learned their names or their uses. She pretended to be searching for something when in reality she was only buying herself some time to figure out how to break the news to Phantomwhisper. Juniperpaw could not help her.

Finally, Juniperpaw spun around. Her eyes were soft and inviting, and a weak smile could be found on her face. ``Phantomwhisper...`` The young feline paused, doubting herself and what she was going to say. Perhaps if she'd trained harder she would have the ability to save Phantomwhisper? Maybe if she'd accepted Daydream offer to check in on her every other day then these deaths wouldn't of happened, or wouldn't happen? Juniperpaw just felt as if she could've done so much more. ``I'm sorry. I- I can't do anything to help you.``

(Oof sorry this took a bit! If you need to speed it up to get to other patients just let me know!)

The elder remained on her side, her chest heaving as a weary sigh left her throat. She had been expecting this. She had hoped something would help her. Slowly and ever so gingerly, Phantomwhisper rolled onto her belly and shakily rose to her paws, sitting back down as she ushered the young cat forward. She began to speak, her voice raspy as she held back a few tears, a lump settled in her throat.

"I would be lying if I said I didn't expect this..." A silence passed over her as a spasm of pain shook her body. After it passed, she continued a bit winded. "This isn't your fault, you're barely just an apprentice. I'm sorry to task you with something like this. Honestly, I was practicing what to say before I came." Phantomwhisper admitted, her voice light with humour. It faded quickly. "I came to see if you could assist me to Starclan. I've lived a good life... I've served my clan, I've watched it rise and fall. I've seen the trees wither and die for many moons." She paused as her gaze seemingly fell onto nothing but quickly redirected onto the medicine cat, soft but intense.

"The sun will rise again tomorrow. Some things just can't be helped... I'm an old cat." A hoarse chuckle left her throat as she shook her head slowly and nodded towards the direction of the herb store. "Your job as a medicine cat is to help your clan. I'm asking that you help me get rid of this pain, even if it is difficult for you."

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]

Last edited by Dust; November 29th, 2017 at 04:17 AM.
Old November 29th, 2017, 01:01 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
Quietly poking her head through the den, Settingpaw's blue eyes widened at the sight of it. Her nose twitched slightly as the smells hit her nose, making her want to sneeze, but breathe them all in deeply at the same time. "Wow, I haven't been in one of these for a long time." She muttered under her breath, padding deeper into the medicine den. The last time she had been in a medicine cat's den was in Thunderclan, when she was a mere kit, going in for a checkup of her brother, who was sick. She remembered he had ended up dying, so that wasn't a pleasant memory. But remember Settingpaw. You're in Riverclan now. It's different. The young apprentice had hoped when she came to this clan to be reunited with her father, but so far, that hadn't gone so well. She hadn't even talked to him! But she had only been here for one day, having arrived early yesterday morning.
While she was looking around, Settingpaw reminded herself she was supposed to be looking for the medicine cat. She had been told that she was very young still, and Setting felt sympathy for the young cat. Even though she hadn't met her yet, she wouldn't know what she would do if she was a full medicine cat at the age she was currently. Spotting a cat curled in a nest, Settingpaw supposed that was Juniperpaw. She didn't know what she looked like, but this cat looked younger, so she decided to approach her. "Um, sorry to disturb you, but are you the medicine cat?"
Juniperpaw didn't even hear Settingpaw's approaching pawsteps, having been so engulfed in her own thoughts. She finally realized someone was in her den, looking for her attention, when she heard a quiet, questioning voice from a few tail-lengths away. Juniperpaw raised her head, looking over her shoulder to meet the gaze of her next patient. She hoped this feline wasn't dying of some internal injury, resulting in the young medicine cat having to feed her deathberries to put an end to her misery. That had happened twice too many times.

``Oh,`` she meowed, somewhat surprised to see a she-cat just a little older than herself. Juniperpaw adjusted her position, scrambling to her paws and turning to face the other molly. ``Actually, yes, I am. Juniperpaw at your service, what may I do for you?`` With an incredibly small knowledge of herbs, there wasn't much Juniperpaw could tend to, but she would later be visiting both ShadowClan camp and SkyClan camp for training with the other medicine cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post

(Oof sorry this took a bit! If you need to speed it up to get to other patients just let me know!)

The elder remained on her side, her chest heaving as a weary sigh left her throat. She had been expecting this. She had hoped something would help her. Slowly and ever so gingerly, Phantomwhisper rolled onto her belly and shakily rose to her paws, sitting back down as she ushered the young cat forward. She began to speak, her voice raspy as she held back a few tears, a lump settled in her throat.

"I would be lying if I said I didn't expect this..." A silence passed over her as a spasm of pain shook her body. After it passed, she continued a bit winded. "This isn't your fault, you're barely just an apprentice. I'm sorry to task you with something like this. Honestly, I was practicing what to say before I came." Phantomwhisper admitted, her voice light with humour. It faded quickly. "I came to see if you could assist me to Starclan. I've lived a good life... I've served my clan, I've watched it rise and fall. I've seen the trees wither and die for many moons." She paused as her gaze seemingly fell onto nothing but quickly redirected onto the medicine cat, soft but intense.

"The sun will rise again tomorrow. Some things just can't be helped... I'm an old cat." A hoarse chuckle left her throat as she shook her head slowly and nodded towards the direction of the herb store. "Your job as a medicine cat is to help your clan. I'm asking that you help me get rid of this pain, even if it is difficult for you."
[ No, don't worry about it! I just thought I could handle two roleplays at once in the same place. Aren't I a rebel? ]

Juniperpaw almost told Phantomwhisper to lie back down, but she paused as the elder feline started speaking with a light layer of clear tears lining her eyes. Despair seemed to radiate off Phantomwhisper, engulfing Juniperpaw in a cloud of it. Though the medicine cat knew what was coming, she did not want to admit it. This had already happened once - just a few moments before the older cat entered the den. Juniperpaw wasn't particularly eager for it to happen again, especially when, as a medicine cat, she should be able to prevent these things.

This isn't your fault, you're barely just an apprentice. Of course it's my fault! I should be able to keep you alive, out of pain, even if just for a few days! Juniperpaw was the medicine cat of RiverClan after Geckoleaf's tragic disappearance. She should be able to tend to her clan, but she couldn't even do that! If Geckoleaf were here, she'd know just what to do... But Juniperpaw's mentor had abandoned her to suffer! Hurt flooded the young cat's heart, and she felt herself struggling to maintain strength, but luckily, she was able to keep her legs from trembling.

``I've done this once before, Phantomwhisper, to end the misery of a young kit. I've yet to bury his small body, because his death is very recent. It was only a few moments before you came to me when I kill- when he died. This kit was my first patient, and I couldn't save him.`` Juniperpaw shook her head sadly, avoiding the elder cat's gaze. Instead, she stared directly at her own paws which seemed to be firmly planted to the ground. ``Now you want me to go through that again? Call me selfish, but I don't know if I have the strength to do that again.`` She inhaled heavily, holding her breath for a few quick seconds before exhaling. Don't you dare sob, this isn't the time to wail like a kit without its mother. ``But I- I suppose I can gather the strength for just a little while. If you're sure this i- this is what you desire?``
Old December 2nd, 2017, 03:17 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:

[ No, don't worry about it! I just thought I could handle two roleplays at once in the same place. Aren't I a rebel? ]

Juniperpaw almost told Phantomwhisper to lie back down, but she paused as the elder feline started speaking with a light layer of clear tears lining her eyes. Despair seemed to radiate off Phantomwhisper, engulfing Juniperpaw in a cloud of it. Though the medicine cat knew what was coming, she did not want to admit it. This had already happened once - just a few moments before the older cat entered the den. Juniperpaw wasn't particularly eager for it to happen again, especially when, as a medicine cat, she should be able to prevent these things.

This isn't your fault, you're barely just an apprentice. Of course it's my fault! I should be able to keep you alive, out of pain, even if just for a few days! Juniperpaw was the medicine cat of RiverClan after Geckoleaf's tragic disappearance. She should be able to tend to her clan, but she couldn't even do that! If Geckoleaf were here, she'd know just what to do... But Juniperpaw's mentor had abandoned her to suffer! Hurt flooded the young cat's heart, and she felt herself struggling to maintain strength, but luckily, she was able to keep her legs from trembling.

``I've done this once before, Phantomwhisper, to end the misery of a young kit. I've yet to bury his small body, because his death is very recent. It was only a few moments before you came to me when I kill- when he died. This kit was my first patient, and I couldn't save him.`` Juniperpaw shook her head sadly, avoiding the elder cat's gaze. Instead, she stared directly at her own paws which seemed to be firmly planted to the ground. ``Now you want me to go through that again? Call me selfish, but I don't know if I have the strength to do that again.`` She inhaled heavily, holding her breath for a few quick seconds before exhaling. Don't you dare sob, this isn't the time to wail like a kit without its mother. ``But I- I suppose I can gather the strength for just a little while. If you're sure this i- this is what you desire?``
(Power to you OTL Juggling more than one has me dying on a regular basis ;; )

All the old feline could do was nod slowly, her eyes half-closed as she seemed to contemplate further on the decision. Was she backing out? Could she cause so much pain to a young cat... or would she suffer for the rest of her days? Either option wasn't ideal, but there was nothing more to be done. Phantomwhisper's expression seemed to mimic Juniperpaw's as she watched the medicine cat apprentice clearly struggle with this decision. She was old, but she hadn't lost her vision yet -- not to mention the heavy weight of the air in the den. She swallowed hard, her pelt prickling at the uncertainty.

"Well, it's not really any cats desire to die, I would imagine... But I know for certain that I'll be hunting with our ancestors." It was a bittersweet moment. On one hand, she could stay here with her clan, her friends, but on the other she could move on from this realm to forever hunt with her deceased clanmates and those tragically lost along the way. Dread crept it's way through her body, causing her to stiffen. "It is what I want. I could do whatever it is to myself if it would make it any easier."

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

[Profile Icon] [Slowpoke Sprite]

Last edited by Dust; December 2nd, 2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 08:55 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

[FONT="Fixedsys"]
Quote:

Juniperpaw didn't even hear Settingpaw's approaching pawsteps, having been so engulfed in her own thoughts. She finally realized someone was in her den, looking for her attention, when she heard a quiet, questioning voice from a few tail-lengths away. Juniperpaw raised her head, looking over her shoulder to meet the gaze of her next patient. She hoped this feline wasn't dying of some internal injury, resulting in the young medicine cat having to feed her deathberries to put an end to her misery. That had happened twice too many times.

``Oh,`` she meowed, somewhat surprised to see a she-cat just a little older than herself. Juniperpaw adjusted her position, scrambling to her paws and turning to face the other molly. ``Actually, yes, I am. Juniperpaw at your service, what may I do for you?`` With an incredibly small knowledge of herbs, there wasn't much Juniperpaw could tend to, but she would later be visiting both ShadowClan camp and SkyClan camp for training with the other medicine cats.

Once the other apprentice had answered, Settingpaw felt relief flow through her body. One, she knew it would be much easier for her to talk to a younger cat than an older cat, and two, Juniperpaw seemed nice. Settingpaw had seen her fair share of rude and malicious cats, enough to last her entire lifetime. And that had all happened in her kithood to early apprentice years.
"Well, actually, I was wondering if you could help me with my leg? I just joined Riverclan to uhh... See someone who I don't think wants to see me..." There was an awkward pause but it was only for a heartbeat and Settingpaw started to talk again. "And living as a loner, well, you don't have an extensive knowledge of herbs like clan medicine cats do." Sitting down and shifting so Juniperpaw could see her hind leg, Settingpaw flicked her blue eyes down to the long scar before looking up at the medicine cat again. "I'm no medicine cat, but I think that this is infected. It's been hurting a lot, and the most treatment I've done is trying to keep it clean." She then sat up, getting herself more comfortable, and wrapping her thin tail around her paws. "Is there anything you can do to help it?" She didn't want to try and expect too much from Juniperpaw, but she aso didn't want to underestimate the young cat. Settingpaw hated bringing others down in the dumps, it was her personal goal to bright other's spirits up, not to put them down. And so the feline was always very careful with her words.

Character Site
--
Old December 2nd, 2017, 09:58 PM
i love sussy the bestest

@Duststorm

Juniperpaw's lips formed a straight line, and she did her best not to burst into tears. With a stiff nod, she cautiously turned around and began the search for the deathberries. The bright red berries were hidden, hidden in one of the highest nicks where kits could not reach. The berries usually were not used so often as they were used today. Juniperpaw couldn't believe she'd had to take the deathberries out so many times today, and all she could do is hope that it would be the last time in her lifetime. Forcing back sadness, Juniperpaw breathed heavily in an attempt to calm herself.

``Okay,`` Juniperpaw dragged the syllables out as she pawed a single, round red berry from a bundle of them. She hooked it on one of her thorn-sharp claws and carefully brought it to the earth. Still facing away from Phantomwhisper, she simply stared at the berry - the poison - for a few moments as she contemplated her future actions. Finally, she released a heavy sigh, and turned to face the elder she-cat though she did not look her in the eye. Juniperpaw couldn't remove her gaze from the vibrant-colored berry. ``Here, come lie in one of the nests.`` She beckoned Phantomwhisper over to one of the fresher nests, the berry still hooked on her claw. She walked awkwardly with her claw piercing the poison, but she was able to seat herself beside the nest and pull the berry from her claw. She still could not remove her gaze from the deadly berry.

@RedHead

``Ah ha!`` Juniperpaw exclaimed, her eyes narrowed and a smirk stretched across her muzzle in determination. ``I can tend to that.`` Finally! Something I know something about! She remembered when she accompanied Daydream to SkyClan to visit Shinefang, and the ShadowClan warrior apprentice Nightpaw came with them. Daydream was saying that they'd tended to Nightpaw's injuries with chervil - a sweet-smelling, fern-like leaf that worked against infection. First, she'd have to determine if the wound was actually infected.

``Alright, I'm just going to make sure it really is infected, okay? I won't touch it - I don't want to hurt you more than you already are,`` Juniperpaw meowed casually, strolling nearer to Settingpaw and lowering her head to the warrior apprentice's leg. Just the sight of it convinced Juniperpaw that it was infected, and she was padding off towards the herb store just as fast as she'd approached Settingpaw. ``So who are you here to see?``

She searched through her herb stores, peering into each nick to find the fern-looking leaves. Juniperpaw pulled a couple chervil leaves from its respective place, carrying it over to Settingpaw. She rocked back on her haunches, setting the leaves at her paws. She sat directly beside the other she-cat, gaze focused on the chervil at her feet as she chewed it into a pulp.
Old December 11th, 2017, 05:21 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

Quote:
@RedHead

``Ah ha!`` Juniperpaw exclaimed, her eyes narrowed and a smirk stretched across her muzzle in determination. ``I can tend to that.`` Finally! Something I know something about! She remembered when she accompanied Daydream to SkyClan to visit Shinefang, and the ShadowClan warrior apprentice Nightpaw came with them. Daydream was saying that they'd tended to Nightpaw's injuries with chervil - a sweet-smelling, fern-like leaf that worked against infection. First, she'd have to determine if the wound was actually infected.

``Alright, I'm just going to make sure it really is infected, okay? I won't touch it - I don't want to hurt you more than you already are,`` Juniperpaw meowed casually, strolling nearer to Settingpaw and lowering her head to the warrior apprentice's leg. Just the sight of it convinced Juniperpaw that it was infected, and she was padding off towards the herb store just as fast as she'd approached Settingpaw. ``So who are you here to see?``

She searched through her herb stores, peering into each nick to find the fern-looking leaves. Juniperpaw pulled a couple chervil leaves from its respective place, carrying it over to Settingpaw. She rocked back on her haunches, setting the leaves at her paws. She sat directly beside the other she-cat, gaze focused on the chervil at her feet as she chewed it into a pulp.
[/CENTER]

She watched with big blue eyes as Juniperpaw took a look at her wound, and to Settingpaw's relief, not touching it. Settingpaw didn't like being touched by other cats in the first place, and when she had an infection that hurt, well that just made it even worse. Lifting a forepaw to give it a lick, the apprentice lifted her head at once in when Juniperpaw spoke.

"Uhh... Well..." Settingpaw's ears flicked back against her head at Juniperpaw's question. She wasn't sure how to explain to the other molly that she came to Riverclan to find her father, hoping he would want to see her, even though he ended up not wanting to. And now she was stuck in a clan with no friends, no one to talk to, and it hurt the young apprentice. A lot more than she was willing to admit. "I came here to see my father, because... I'm half-clan, and I wanted to live with my dad. But, he doesn't seem to want to see me, so I've kind of come here for nothing." She turned her face down, a bit ashamed to admit that she was a half-clan cat. Split loyalties was not something that Settingpaw liked admitting to, even though she was a pure example of one. But she had pledged that when she got here, no matter what the turnout, she would stay loyal to Riverclan for the rest of her life.

She watched as Juniperpaw came back and started to chew up the leaves she had brought out of her herb store. The black-and-white cat wondered for a moment what her background was. Was Juniperpaw a full-clan cat? Did she not have to prove her loyalties? Was she fully accepted because her blood was all Riverclan? Settingpaw only wished that she could be like that. She didn't care if she was full Riverclan, or full Thunderclan, she just wished cats wouldn't judge her harshly because of her blood.

Character Site
--

Last edited by RedHead; December 11th, 2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old December 14th, 2017, 05:17 PM
i love sussy the bestest

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

She watched with big blue eyes as Juniperpaw took a look at her wound, and to Settingpaw's relief, not touching it. Settingpaw didn't like being touched by other cats in the first place, and when she had an infection that hurt, well that just made it even worse. Lifting a forepaw to give it a lick, the apprentice lifted her head at once in when Juniperpaw spoke.

"Uhh... Well..." Settingpaw's ears flicked back against her head at Juniperpaw's question. She wasn't sure how to explain to the other molly that she came to Riverclan to find her father, hoping he would want to see her, even though he ended up not wanting to. And now she was stuck in a clan with no friends, no one to talk to, and it hurt the young apprentice. A lot more than she was willing to admit. "I came here to see my father, because... I'm half-clan, and I wanted to live with my dad. But, he doesn't seem to want to see me, so I've kind of come here for nothing." She turned her face down, a bit ashamed to admit that she was a half-clan cat. Split loyalties was not something that Settingpaw liked admitting to, even though she was a pure example of one. But she had pledged that when she got here, no matter what the turnout, she would stay loyal to Riverclan for the rest of her life.

She watched as Juniperpaw came back and started to chew up the leaves she had brought out of her herb store. The black-and-white cat wondered for a moment what her background was. Was Juniperpaw a full-clan cat? Did she not have to prove her loyalties? Was she fully accepted because her blood was all Riverclan? Settingpaw only wished that she could be like that. She didn't care if she was full Riverclan, or full Thunderclan, she just wished cats wouldn't judge her harshly because of her blood.

Juniperpaw applied the chervil carefully to Settingpaw's infection. All the while, she listened to her patient's explanation patiently. Why would a father turn away his own children? Juniperpaw did not struggle with such neglect as her own father loved and adored her to pieces, and so did her mother until she disappeared. However, little did Juniperpaw know, her half-brothers would better understand Settingpaw's issues as they were neglected somewhat by their shared father. Juniperpaw was her family's star, the center of attention, the apple of her father's eye. She had trouble understanding family issues because in her eyes, her family was perfect.

``Oh, you haven't come here for nothing,`` Juniperpaw purred as if amused by Settingpaw's problems. She finished applying the chervil bits as she spoke, ``There's so much opportunity in RiverClan. You can start afresh. Sure, you'll have to prove yourself, but you can prove yourself beside me. Though I was born here, a couple of my clanmates do not approve of me as medicine cat. I must prove myself to them just as you do. I was neglected at first, when Geckoleaf, my mentor, the medicine cat before me, chose me to be trained as her. The clan was still grieving the loss of our former medicine cat apprentices, and they were not ready for me to replace them. Russetstar was the father of the beloved former medicine cat apprentice, Cricketpaw, who was killed by a Dusk Syndicate member. Even the leader disapproved of me, and Geckoleaf avoided me like I was an illness. She was not very happy when we went to the Starcave to preform my ceremony. I have no knowledge of herbs - at least, a very small one. And I'm not even eight moons old, yet I'm expected to carry the weight of the entire clan on my shoulders.``

Juniperpaw paused. Why am I telling a stranger all this? Shaking her head in self-disapproval she meowed,``I'm sorry. I shouldn't be telling you all this. This is my weight to carry, not yours. Anyway, I've finished. I suggest resting for at least a few days. Take it easy on your warrior duties, and be especially easy on your leg, alright? I'll keep watch over you from around camp.`` As she spoke, rather firmly and leaving no room for question or resistance, Juniperpaw picked at the bits of chervil that had fallen and she gathered the leaves that hadn't been used. She created a pile of used parts to clear out later while carrying the decent pile back to the herb store.
Old December 15th, 2017, 10:33 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

@AbsurdJinx @Alphafury

Pushing through the entrance of the den, a grey and white warrior made her way towards the medicine cat. In her jaws hung a small kit, still wet from the river. Her pale blue orbs glistened with concern as she placed down a small bundle of fur. Her pelt prickled as she wondered how long it would take for a small kit to become sick. Ripping her gaze from the loner kit, she turned towards Juniperpaw, hoping that the medicine cat was free and could see to the small loner. Her mind was still whirling from what the kit had said, fearful of where she came from and why she was so determined to keep moving. But the grey molly repeated had to force her thoughts back to focus on making sure she ends up alright after what had happened.

Pelt prickling in worry, the warrior took a step towards Juniperpaw. "Umm... hi, Juniperpaw," she began awkwardly, uncertain if she was intruding and being rude. "I found this kit by the river, hidden among reeds. She doesn't remember where she came from and claimed that she had been traveling until she collapsed. Her fur is soaked from the river and I fear she may become sick from the cold," tone still uncertain, Mistfall tried to give as much information to the medicine as she could, hoping it would help. Her paws shifted as she watched the mottled tabby. "I-I don't think she's a clan kit, I can't smell any of those scents on her, so I brought her here..." pale orbs turned back to the she-kit.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; December 15th, 2017 at 10:33 AM.