Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by Littlesun0112
Today 07:05 PM

Old February 5th, 2018, 12:21 PM

My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosePelt145 View Post
Turtlepelt slipped out of the SkyClan camp, feeling refreshed as the sun hit his pelt, causing his gold and brown patches to shine. He smiled at Nightflower beside him and padded down the path, picking his way over stones and rocks. He paused to taste the air and swiveled his ears around, listening.
He looked at Nightflower and pointed his tail in the direction of a large magpie nearbye. He then fluidly dropped into a hunter's crouch and silently stalked towards the bird. Then he leaped gracefully and landed with the bird trapped under his paws. The tom swiftly bit its neck in a killing bite. He then picked it up in his jaws, beaming proudly, and went over to an oak tree. He dug a hole in between the tree and put the magpie inside before putting dirt over it again. They would come back for it later.

@Ivyfeather
"Nice!" Nightflower mewed. She raised her head, sniffing for signs of fresh-kill. She heard scuffling at the roots of a beech tree. She dropped into her crouch and silently stalked towards the mouse nibbling a beechnut. She saw the mouse swivel its ears toward her, then it jerked its head in her direction. This was her last chance! She bunched her strong hind muscles and sprang forward, catching the mouse between her paws. It squirmed but she killed it with a swift bite to the neck. She picked the mouse up in her jaws and carried it to the tree where Turtlepelt had buried his prey. She turned questioningly towards Turtlepelt. She wanted so badly to ask him what it was like to be mute but she had no idea how he'd answer. She wished StarClan could give him the power to speak, if only for a few minutes. She turned again, ignoring her want to ask the question, and continued to hunt.

Please quote or mention me so I'll know to respond please!

------------------------------------------------------------

Character Site
Old February 10th, 2018, 01:00 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Coming out to the territory had always been calming for Blazingcomet. It helped him think about things, and it helped clear his head. Sighing, he settled down in a more sheltered area before looking around. Petal was supposed to meet him out here shortly… he was looking forward to seeing the kittypet again. Since cutting things off with Drizzleshard, Blazingcomet had been depressed, and Petal had been a welcome flirt in his life. Yet, the orange tom did have some sort of feelings for her. She was different then he had thought a kittypet should be. And the fact that it was forbidden only seemed to make those feelings grow, a type of lust rather than love, but Blazingcomet was never going to know that. He believed that he was in love. With Petal this time. Too soon to say? Nah. I waited too long with Drizzleshard, that was our problem. I think that was definitely what happened. The shorter amount of time between developing feelings and admitting them, the better, at least for Blazingcomet. He guessed it would keep the she cat from trying too hard.

@Suspiciousmindz

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old February 10th, 2018, 01:08 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

@Dust

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Nightbreeze tilted her head in thought for a moment before nodding slowly, "First things first, I need to find out what you already know." The molly motioned with her tail for the apprentice for follow her out off camp, her ears forward as she was on alert for anything stirring in the woods or otherwise. Her paws crunched through small patches of snow and the forest floor debris, the leaf-bare sun warming her back. Looking back to make sure the apprentice was still following, she continued. "You had a mentor previous to me, correct?"

[Go ahead and post in the territory when you reply!]
Summitpaw nodded. That seemed like a simple plan. She followed Nightbreeze, hoping she'd be pleasant. She seemed like it, but still. Summitpaw decided not to jump to conclusions yet. She'd barely even spoken to the older she-cat. She flicked her ears ahead, alert and keen to learn. She fluffed out her fur to keep her lean frame away from the chilled air of leaf-bare. "Yes, one," she mewed, giving a tiny shrug. She wasn't sure what happened to the previous cat.
Old February 11th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Sleep Deprived

Cleftpaw clawed his way up a tree in a flash. His brother would be coming along soon and he didn't want the other tom to hear him. The fluffy maine coon reached a low branch and crouched there, every sense alert. He allowed himself a quick laugh. He may be clumsy on the ground, but when he climbed he was as agile as a squirrel.

Cleftpaw picked his ears. He could hear Lightpaw approaching. He stilled his every motion and held his breath. He hoped that rolling in the ginger leaves would mask his scent well enough. The dark tabby had found that his blind brother clould hear and smell much better than any of the others, and he didn't want Lightpaw's heightened senses spoiling his fun.

@Boba Fett

If I haven't responded to a roleplay within 24 hours, either mention me and bump the roleplay or send a message on my profile. If I haven't responded to that in 24 hours... spam me.

During Lent I will only be online on Sundays. Please be patient. I will respond. This lasts until Easter Sunday.

Character site: http://eclipsemoonscharries.weebly.com/

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; July 25th, 2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old February 11th, 2018, 09:55 PM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Scribbles View Post
Cleftpaw clawed his way up a tree in a flash. His brother would be coming along soon and he didn't want the other tom to hear him. The fluffy maine coon reached a low branch and crouched there, every sense alert. He allowed himself a quick laugh. He may be clumsy on the ground, but when he climbed he was as agile as a squirrel.

Cleftpaw picked his ears. He could hear Lightpaw approaching. He stilled his every motion and held his breath. He hoped that rolling in the ginger leaves would mask his scent well enough. The dark tabby had found that his blind brother clould hear and smell much better than any of the others, and he didn't want Lightpaw's heightened senses spoiling his fun.

@Boba Fett
Lightpaw felt the ground beneath him. He had come to know this territory pretty well and had become content with living there, even if he never got to go to gatherings because of his blindness.

He was tracking his brother's scent until suddenly, it just stopped. Lightpaw jerked his head up, surprised. He bent his head down and sniffed around once more. Opening his mouth, he tasted a strong scent on the air. He tracked that until he came across the scourge of the smell.

Lightpaw felt the strong smelling plant, realizing that he had never actually learned what it was. But never mind what he had learned. Lightpaw wasn't stupid. Cleftpaw's had obviously disguised his scent. Lightpaw's whiskers twitched in amusement, Oh Cleftpaw, you tried, he thought, affection swelling in his chest until he let it die down. He had a brother to find.

Lightpaw sniffed around this new plant, trying to track the rest of the plant that must be stuck to Cleftpaw's pelt, until he found the faintest hint of the strong smell. He followed it to a large tree and sat at the bottom of it. He tilted his head up, knowing most cats didn't know he had found them until he actually 'looked' at them, because you know for some reason seeing is believing.

He smiled but then realized that Cleftpaw might be disappointed that he'd found him, some decided to be honest,"You know, Cleftpaw, I wouldn't have found you if I hadn't been trying to," he chuckled,"Rolling in that strong smelling herb! That I'd never even heard of!" he tilted his head.

(Hopefully that wasn't too much to read XD also I am not very good at dividing text into paragraphs yet, but I tried)
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; July 25th, 2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old February 12th, 2018, 05:17 AM
Sleep Deprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
Lightpaw felt the ground beneath him. He had come to know this territory pretty well and had become content with living there, even if he never got to go to gatherings because of his blindness.

He was tracking his brother's scent until suddenly, it just stopped. Lightpaw jerked his head up, surprised. He bent his head down and sniffed around once more. Opening his mouth, he tasted a strong scent on the air. He tracked that until he came across the scourge of the smell.

Lightpaw felt the strong smelling plant, realizing that he had never actually learned what it was. But never mind what he had learned. Lightpaw wasn't stupid. Cleftpaw's had obviously disguised his scent. Lightpaw's whiskers twitched in amusement, Oh Cleftpaw, you tried, he thought, affection swelling in his chest until he let it die down. He had a brother to find.

Lightpaw sniffed around this new plant, trying to track the rest of the plant that must be stuck to Cleftpaw's pelt, until he found the faintest hint of the strong smell. He followed it to a large tree and sat at the bottom of it. He tilted his head up, knowing most cats didn't know he had found them until he actually 'looked' at them, because you know for some reason seeing is believing.

He smiled but then realized that Cleftpaw might be disappointed that he'd found him, some decided to be honest,"You know, Cleftpaw, I wouldn't have found you if I hadn't been trying to," he chuckled,"Rolling in that strong smelling herb! That I'd never even heard of!" he tilted his head.

(Hopefully that wasn't too much to read XD also I am not very good at dividing text into paragraphs yet, but I tried)
Cleftpaw gripped the branch with his claws. He could see his brother's pale tabby fur now. He was no close! He only needed to walk forward a little farther!

Lightpaw stopped to smell the plant Cleftpaw had rolled in. Oh, no... The dark brown tom watched the lighter tom follow the scent to sit below the base of the tree he was clinging to. There's still hope! he thought, but when Lightpaw turned his head head up to look at him, he felt his spirits sink. They fell even more when Lightpaw called up to him. Cleftpaw sighed.

Even if Lightpaw was blind, he somehow seemed to know exactly where to fix his gaze to look directly at you. It was unsettling, but Cleftpaw loved that about his brother. His brother had a talent that could make other cats' fur crawl with discomfort. It was amusing to watch.

With a flick of his tail, Cleftpaw dropped down from the tree. Almost as soon as he hit the ground, he lost his balance. One of his forepaws had landed on a large rock, which raised it higher than the other. He yelped, tumbling over himself. He stopped himself quickly and sat up, cursing his large, clumsy paws. The maine coon licked at the paw that had landed on the rock. The pad felt a bit scraped, but other than that, it seemed fine.

Cleftpaw shook out his pelt and padded over to his brother, testing his weight on the injured paw and relieved to find that it still held him. "Aw, Lightpaw. You found me!" He purred, brushing his muzzle to his brother's cheek fur. He turned and sat beside him, leaning against the tom affectionately.

If I haven't responded to a roleplay within 24 hours, either mention me and bump the roleplay or send a message on my profile. If I haven't responded to that in 24 hours... spam me.

During Lent I will only be online on Sundays. Please be patient. I will respond. This lasts until Easter Sunday.

Old February 12th, 2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Cleftpaw gripped the branch with his claws. He could see his brother's pale tabby fur now. He was no close! He only needed to walk forward a little farther!

Lightpaw stopped to smell the plant Cleftpaw had rolled in. Oh, no... The dark brown tom watched the lighter tom follow the scent to sit below the base of the tree he was clinging to. There's still hope! he thought, but when Lightpaw turned his head head up to look at him, he felt his spirits sink. They fell even more when Lightpaw called up to him. Cleftpaw sighed.

Even if Lightpaw was blind, he somehow seemed to know exactly where to fix his gaze to look directly at you. It was unsettling, but Cleftpaw loved that about his brother. His brother had a talent that could make other cats' fur crawl with discomfort. It was amusing to watch.

With a flick of his tail, Cleftpaw dropped down from the tree. Almost as soon as he hit the ground, he lost his balance. One of his forepaws had landed on a large rock, which raised it higher than the other. He yelped, tumbling over himself. He stopped himself quickly and sat up, cursing his large, clumsy paws. The maine coon licked at the paw that had landed on the rock. The pad felt a bit scraped, but other than that, it seemed fine.

Cleftpaw shook out his pelt and padded over to his brother, testing his weight on the injured paw and relieved to find that it still held him. "Aw, Lightpaw. You found me!" He purred, brushing his muzzle to his brother's cheek fur. He turned and sat beside him, leaning against the tom affectionately.
Lightpaw flicked his tail and got up in alarm as his brother hit the ground and yelped. He went over to sniff him but then stopped, Cleftpaw can handle it, he'll tell me if something's wrong, he conceded.

When Cleftpaw didn't say anything about his paw, and instead purred and rubbed against him, he sighed in releif and leaned into his brother as he leaned into him,"I meant what I said you know," he purred back.

He turned his head towards his brother and smiled, and, not for the first time, wondered what the world looked like. What the color green was. What his family looked like. He sighed out loud, though meaning for it to be inwardly.
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old February 12th, 2018, 03:09 PM
Sleep Deprived

Quote:
Lightpaw flicked his tail and got up in alarm as his brother hit the ground and yelped. He went over to sniff him but then stopped, Cleftpaw can handle it, he'll tell me if something's wrong, he conceded.

When Cleftpaw didn't say anything about his paw, and instead purred and rubbed against him, he sighed in releif and leaned into his brother as he leaned into him,"I meant what I said you know," he purred back.

He turned his head towards his brother and smiled, and, not for the first time, wondered what the world looked like. What the color green was. What his family looked like. He sighed out loud, though meaning for it to be inwardly.
Cleftpaw felt Lightpaw turn his head. Although he knew his brother couldn't see him, the tom felt the lighter tabby's gaze pick his fur. "Hm," he hummed, "So you mean I've just gotta catch you off guard next time?"

He had given up trying to explain what the family looked like. He purred and licked the fur between Lightpaw's eyes. "Just you wait, Lightpaw. You'll be a great warrior. You're able to hear and smell so well, I bet you'd be the first to be able to warn the Clan of danger! And you'll probably find a ton of prey!"

And in StarClan, you'll be able to see! Cleftpaw wanted to say this to his brother, but honestly, it scared him to know that someday, he might not be able to protect his brother. Someday, Cleftpaw would stumble at just the wrong moment, and Lightpaw would die. Someday, Cleftpaw would no longer see Lightpaw. He felt selfish, wanting his brother to stay with him when he knew Lightpaw wished he could see, but if this was being selfish, then when it came to family, Cleftpaw didn't want to be selfless.

He nuzzled his brother lovingly, inhaling his scent. No. Lightpaw isn't even a warrior yet, and neither are you. The Clans are at peace. I have nothing to worry about. My brother is right here, and he will stay right here. Still, the worry that gnawed at his chest didn't subside.

Old February 12th, 2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:

Cleftpaw felt Lightpaw turn his head. Although he knew his brother couldn't see him, the tom felt the lighter tabby's gaze pick his fur. "Hm," he hummed, "So you mean I've just gotta catch you off guard next time?"

He had given up trying to explain what the family looked like. He purred and licked the fur between Lightpaw's eyes. "Just you wait, Lightpaw. You'll be a great warrior. You're able to hear and smell so well, I bet you'd be the first to be able to warn the Clan of danger! And you'll probably find a ton of prey!"

And in StarClan, you'll be able to see! Cleftpaw wanted to say this to his brother, but honestly, it scared him to know that someday, he might not be able to protect his brother. Someday, Cleftpaw would stumble at just the wrong moment, and Lightpaw would die. Someday, Cleftpaw would no longer see Lightpaw. He felt selfish, wanting his brother to stay with him when he knew Lightpaw wished he could see, but if this was being selfish, then when it came to family, Cleftpaw didn't want to be selfless.

He nuzzled his brother lovingly, inhaling his scent. No. Lightpaw isn't even a warrior yet, and neither are you. The Clans are at peace. I have nothing to worry about. My brother is right here, and he will stay right here. Still, the worry that gnawed at his chest didn't subside.
Lightpaw kept his head facing Cleftpaw and nodded slowly to himself, as if trying to believe it,"i-if you say so..." Lightpaw trusted his brother. He not only trusted Cleftpaw's judgement, he trusted him with his life, though he wasn't sure if Cleftpaw felt that way. He hoped he didn't.

Lightpaw got up,"Well, if I'm going to be the greatest warrior, then we better practice hunting and bring back as much prey as we possibly can to prove it!" he grinned, hoping Cleftpaw was in the mood the hunt after hurting his paw.

Lightpaw started to walk away, tail high, sniffing for prey, while also listening for the paw steps he would hear behind him if his brother was following.

Old February 12th, 2018, 06:17 PM
Sleep Deprived

Quote:
Lightpaw kept his head facing Cleftpaw and nodded slowly to himself, as if trying to believe it,"i-if you say so..." Lightpaw trusted his brother. He not only trusted Cleftpaw's judgement, he trusted him with his life, though he wasn't sure if Cleftpaw felt that way. He hoped he didn't.

Lightpaw got up,"Well, if I'm going to be the greatest warrior, then we better practice hunting and bring back as much prey as we possibly can to prove it!" he grinned, hoping Cleftpaw was in the mood the hunt after hurting his paw.

Lightpaw started to walk away, tail high, sniffing for prey, while also listening for the paw steps he would hear behind him if his brother was following.
Cleftpaw nodded and stood, fur fluffed against the cold. "Let's hunt!" He purred, remembering that his brother couldn't see him nodding. He padded after Lightpaw, jaws held open to taste the air. Leaf-bare was drawing to a close. He hoped that that would mean more prey had come out of hiding.

He tasted a mouse on the air and picked his ears, searching for its location. A few tail-lengths away, he heard the scratching of its teeth on a seed. He turned away from his brother to follow the sound.

He pushed through the brambles slowly, cautiously dropping down lower. He struggled to keep his belly fur off the ground, but thankfully, the snow muted the sound. His ear knocked against a branch, showering snow onto his muzzle. Cleftpaw resisted the urge to sneeze.

He could see the mouse now, only a few pawsteps away. Still, he didn't pounce. He was still under the bush and if he leaped out now he would hit the bush and startle his prey. He stepped forward again, holding his tail still.

The mouse looked up. Now or never! Cleftpaw lept forward, just barely catching the small creature by the tail. He whacked it over the head with a heavy blow, killing it quickly.