Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
‘Honey Skies Hiding...
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 04:07 PM
ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by Omari
Today 04:06 PM
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by chickadee
Today 04:01 PM
WindClan Medicine Cat's Den
by Lillith
Last post by f0rg0tt3n_v0id
Today 03:59 PM
✩Star's Ref Sheet World✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:56 PM

Old January 10th, 2018, 08:22 PM

My Mood: Lonely

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Ripplepaw looked up hopefully at Juniperpaw's words, thinking she'd be able to return to her assessment immediately, though at the words of the other apprentice, her tail drooped, she was sure she wouldn't be able to become a warrior until her paw was healed and she could finish her assessment. "I'll take the poppy seeds." The molly meowed softly, her tail sweeping the ground gently, she then gave a good-natured, though slightly remorseful meow, "At least I won't have to wait until I've gone hunting to eat for awhile."

@AbsurdJinx

If I don't respond feel free ot PM?VM/@ me!
Finder | Kits needed | My Fair Lady Plot | Sound of Silence Plot | Charrie Site-HUGE WIP | Essie and Constellation's Romeo by SpiralWhirl
PM/VM me if you want to roleplay!
I have a lot of roleplays so if I don't respond, VM me!
Old January 11th, 2018, 04:15 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@FadingEchoes

Juniperpaw was quick in gathering the poppy seeds. She swiped them from their place and carried them over to Ripplepaw. The medicine cat offered the warrior apprentice a warm smile, ``Don't fret. The more you rest, the quicker you'll get around to your apprentice duties.`` She carefully set the small, rounded black seeds at Ripplepaw's paws and explained, ``Just swallow them. I recommend you head directly to your nest - grab some fresh-kill on the way.`` Juniperpaw stood before the other she-cat, watching to make sure the injured feline took the herbs without resistance. She was certain that in a few days the apprentice would be back to normal! - so long that she followed Juniperpaw's directions.

@Charmer

Juniperpaw shot up in her nest the second a spotted-pelted feline entered the den. Some of the undergrowth that built her nest was tossed from its place at her abrupt movement and she turned her head sharply to blankly watch bits of it come undone. After a moment of staring at the nest she'd have to fix later Juniperpaw looked back to her next patient and flashed the irritated she-cat a bright grin, clearly unfazed by Rainpelt's cold greeting. The young medicine cat shuffled closer to Rainpelt and despite the warrior's irritable nature, was reminded of the nursery. ``Uh, well, if you've been feeling ill for weeks now I think I should do something more than toss you an herb and demand you swallow it.`` The mottled apprentice was already putting things together. She wasn't oblivious to the signs, especially being raised in a den where such cats expressed these signs.

Based off Rainpelt's sharp tongue and short temper, Juniperpaw wasn't sure if the feline was ready for this step in life, but it wasn't her place to say. Instead, she sat down and tilted her head slightly as she questioned, ``You say you've been feeling nauseous? Are you eating more than normal? Does your stomach feel odd?``

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; January 11th, 2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Juniperpaw shot up in her nest the second a spotted-pelted feline entered the den. Some of the undergrowth that built her nest was tossed from its place at her abrupt movement and she turned her head sharply to blankly watch bits of it come undone. After a moment of staring at the nest she'd have to fix later Juniperpaw looked back to her next patient and flashed the irritated she-cat a bright grin, clearly unfazed by Rainpelt's cold greeting. The young medicine cat shuffled closer to Rainpelt and despite the warrior's irritable nature, was reminded of the nursery. ``Uh, well, if you've been feeling ill for weeks now I think I should do something more than toss you an herb and demand you swallow it.`` The mottled apprentice was already putting things together. She wasn't oblivious to the signs, especially being raised in a den where such cats expressed these signs.

Based off Rainpelt's sharp tongue and short temper, Juniperpaw wasn't sure if the feline was ready for this step in life, but it wasn't her place to say. Instead, she sat down and tilted her head slightly as she questioned, ``You say you've been feeling nauseous? Are you eating more than normal? Does your stomach feel odd?``

Rainpelt's tail gave a single irritated lash as she stared down at the medicine cat. She should have known there was no way this would quick. The younger cat was going to waste her time with inane questions. She gave a huff, "I'm attempting to eat more than usual. No luck recently with that." The question about her stomach made her flick an ear, narrowing her gaze she quietly admitted. "Yes... Like it's quivering." Wrinkling her nose with disgust, she guessed at what the medicine cat might be leaning. "Do you suppose I have some kind of parasite?" she asked, her cold demeanor faltering as she raked her mind for an memories of a cat who had gotten belly worms and how they were treated.

Old January 12th, 2018, 06:04 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Rainpelt's tail gave a single irritated lash as she stared down at the medicine cat. She should have known there was no way this would quick. The younger cat was going to waste her time with inane questions. She gave a huff, "I'm attempting to eat more than usual. No luck recently with that." The question about her stomach made her flick an ear, narrowing her gaze she quietly admitted. "Yes... Like it's quivering." Wrinkling her nose with disgust, she guessed at what the medicine cat might be leaning. "Do you suppose I have some kind of parasite?" she asked, her cold demeanor faltering as she raked her mind for an memories of a cat who had gotten belly worms and how they were treated.
Juniperpaw was silent for a moment, debating how she would get her point across to the hard-headed feline. Rainpelt didn't seem like the type who wanted a family, but then again, Juniperpaw didn't personally know the she-cat. The medicine cat began, ``Er, no, I mean...`` Juniperpaw trailed off and inhaled heavily, preparing herself for a verbal attack. ``Unless you'd call kits parasites.`` She shrugged casually as if the situation was no big deal. Juniperpaw wondered if these kits would have a positive future with Rainpelt as their mother. She hoped the warrior would take on a more motherly role and adopt a maternal instinct.
Old January 12th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Juniperpaw was silent for a moment, debating how she would get her point across to the hard-headed feline. Rainpelt didn't seem like the type who wanted a family, but then again, Juniperpaw didn't personally know the she-cat. The medicine cat began, ``Er, no, I mean...`` Juniperpaw trailed off and inhaled heavily, preparing herself for a verbal attack. ``Unless you'd call kits parasites.`` She shrugged casually as if the situation was no big deal. Juniperpaw wondered if these kits would have a positive future with Rainpelt as their mother. She hoped the warrior would take on a more motherly role and adopt a maternal instinct.
@Deranged Llama @Suspiciousmindz
(Getting this thing rolling and giving you a peek into the progress).

Rainpelt froze, eyes widening as she grasped what Juniperpaw was getting at. Kits? Kits!? All her life she had been loyal and dutiful to Riverclan. She had obeyed the warrior code and done everything that was expected of her. She had spent her life miserable about having the the body that she had, the body of a shecat, but she had grit her teeth and served her clan with honor in spite of all of that. And the one time she's with a tom, the one time she broke the warrior code by not driving him off Riverclan territory like she should have, she ends up with kits? Half-clan kits?! Her stomach roiled afresh. She already felt like a freak walking around in this shecat skin. Now she'd have to feel young kits inside her, feel her body change and swell to accommodate their bodies, push them out of her, feed them milk from her body. She wouldn't have a prayer of her clanmates thinking of her as anything but a shecat. She'd have month and months to feel how very wrong every part of her Starclan-cursed body was. "No. I can't be pregnant," the warrior said, shock in her voice. She met Juniperpaw's eyes and for once, hers weren't cold and sure, they were desperate and pleading. "There must be some kind of mistake. I can't be pregnant." And just like that, the pleading dissolved and anger took its place, "How can you even think that without so much as examining me?" she asked, the hackles on her neck raising as her ears flattened against her head.

Old January 13th, 2018, 12:05 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
(Getting this thing rolling and giving you a peek into the progress).

Rainpelt froze, eyes widening as she grasped what Juniperpaw was getting at. Kits? Kits!? All her life she had been loyal and dutiful to Riverclan. She had obeyed the warrior code and done everything that was expected of her. She had spent her life miserable about having the the body that she had, the body of a shecat, but she had grit her teeth and served her clan with honor in spite of all of that. And the one time she's with a tom, the one time she broke the warrior code by not driving him off Riverclan territory like she should have, she ends up with kits? Half-clan kits?! Her stomach roiled afresh. She already felt like a freak walking around in this shecat skin. Now she'd have to feel young kits inside her, feel her body change and swell to accommodate their bodies, push them out of her, feed them milk from her body. She wouldn't have a prayer of her clanmates thinking of her as anything but a shecat. She'd have month and months to feel how very wrong every part of her Starclan-cursed body was. "No. I can't be pregnant," the warrior said, shock in her voice. She met Juniperpaw's eyes and for once, hers weren't cold and sure, they were desperate and pleading. "There must be some kind of mistake. I can't be pregnant." And just like that, the pleading dissolved and anger took its place, "How can you even think that without so much as examining me?" she asked, the hackles on her neck raising as her ears flattened against her head.
Juniperpaw couldn't help but roll her eyes. Her patience was running short with Rainpelt. ``This must be very hard on you, but I'm not playing a practical joke. If it makes you feel better, I can run a quick physical check, but all the signs point directly towards pregnancy.`` The young medicine cat didn't see how kits were a bad thing. Rainpelt's reaction, to her, seemed completely ridiculous and unnecessary. Kits were a blessing, after all, and deserved to be treated as such. The mottled 'paw suddenly remembered that it was leaf-bare, which wasn't always the ideal time for queens to be expecting. Why is it that queens seem to prefer to have kits in leaf-bare? Juniperpaw's had to deal with more expecting mothers during the cold season than she expected.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; January 13th, 2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old January 13th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Juniperpaw couldn't help but roll her eyes. Her patience was running short with Rainpelt. ``This must be very hard on you, but I'm not playing a practical joke. If it makes you feel better, I can run a quick physical check, but all the signs point directly towards pregnancy.`` The young medicine cat didn't see how kits were a bad thing. Rainpelt's reaction, to her, seemed completely ridiculous and unnecessary. Kits were a blessing, after all, and deserved to be treated as such. The mottled 'paw suddenly remembered that it was leaf-bare, which wasn't always the ideal time for queens to be expecting. Why is it that queens seem to prefer to have kits in leaf-bare? Juniperpaw's had to deal with more expecting mothers during the cold season than she expected.
(I'm gonna get just a little bit dark here. Buckle up!)

Rainpelt stared at the young medicine cat, her eyes darting frantically to search for something, anything. An escape? She couldn't be pregnant. She couldn't have half-clan kits. She couldn't let the one time she broke the warrior code mar her for life in the form of a kit becoming a clanmate that she would see every single day. She looked at Juniperpaw again with a desperation she never knew she could feel so strongly. "Can't you... Isn't there something you can give me for this? Like an herb? Something that can... take care of this?" She asked. Shame set upon her the instant the question was out of her mouth. The only thing she could add by way of explanation was, "I can't be pregnant, Juniperpaw. I can't!"

Old January 14th, 2018, 02:11 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
(I'm gonna get just a little bit dark here. Buckle up!)

Rainpelt stared at the young medicine cat, her eyes darting frantically to search for something, anything. An escape? She couldn't be pregnant. She couldn't have half-clan kits. She couldn't let the one time she broke the warrior code mar her for life in the form of a kit becoming a clanmate that she would see every single day. She looked at Juniperpaw again with a desperation she never knew she could feel so strongly. "Can't you... Isn't there something you can give me for this? Like an herb? Something that can... take care of this?" She asked. Shame set upon her the instant the question was out of her mouth. The only thing she could add by way of explanation was, "I can't be pregnant, Juniperpaw. I can't!"
Juniperpaw had never been so shocked. She stared at Rainpelt through wide eyes, lower jaw dropped slightly. She was frozen where she stood, unable to think or react. Finally, after a moment of being present in Rainpelt's desperation, Juniperpaw felt sadness and anger flood her. She was sad that Rainpelt had reached somewhere so low that she introduced such an idea. She was angry that Rainpelt even brought up such a thing. However, somehow, she managed to keep calm. ``Rainpelt, that's not the answer in this situation. I don't understand why you feel the way you do, and don't feel pressured to tell me, but we're talking about lives here. Besides, I can't help you there. I don't know how to do that and even if I did, why should I? My duty is to save life, not kill it. You're going to have to be strong, Rainpelt, very strong. If it helps, I'm right here, and if you'll let me, I'll help walk you through this. I'd like to be friends, honestly, but first you must allow yourself to accept help - my help.``
Old January 14th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Juniperpaw had never been so shocked. She stared at Rainpelt through wide eyes, lower jaw dropped slightly. She was frozen where she stood, unable to think or react. Finally, after a moment of being present in Rainpelt's desperation, Juniperpaw felt sadness and anger flood her. She was sad that Rainpelt had reached somewhere so low that she introduced such an idea. She was angry that Rainpelt even brought up such a thing. However, somehow, she managed to keep calm. ``Rainpelt, that's not the answer in this situation. I don't understand why you feel the way you do, and don't feel pressured to tell me, but we're talking about lives here. Besides, I can't help you there. I don't know how to do that and even if I did, why should I? My duty is to save life, not kill it. You're going to have to be strong, Rainpelt, very strong. If it helps, I'm right here, and if you'll let me, I'll help walk you through this. I'd like to be friends, honestly, but first you must allow yourself to accept help - my help.``

Rainpelt's fur fluffed as Juniperpaw flatly rejected the idea, and began preaching at her. She was practically choking on her anger by the time she spoke again. "You're right! You don't understand! You don't know anything about this and I'm sorry I even came here today. What good did I really expect a little kit to be able to do?!" She screeched with a snarl. Before the young medicine cat could say anymore, Rainpelt turned and bolted from the den, a blur of fur and rage.

Old January 16th, 2018, 06:28 PM
i love sussy the bestest

@2018 Okapi
[ here's a list of the herbs she left on the ground, the ones that aren't out of reach;; chervil, feverfew, goldenrod, thyme, poppy seeds, tansy, and i'll let 1 deathberry be out ]

Juniperpaw had been sorting through her herb store when she decided she didn't have enough feverfew. Luckily for her, feverfew was a very common herb in RiverClan and could easily be found at the riverbank. She huffed, gently patting a couple herb piles into place on the floor. She'd put them back in their spots when she returned, but right now she was more focused on gathering herbs than shoving leaves and berries into nicks in the walls. If she had seen the bright red deathberry hiding under the chervil roots then she definitely would've put the herbs away, but the berry hid from her sight. In a rush to find the herbs and return in case she had patients, the partly-trained young medicine cat gave the herbs a quick surveying before she hurried out of the den, unknowledgeable as to what would happen in her absence.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; January 16th, 2018 at 06:28 PM.