by dino.
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 06:21 AM

Old October 4th, 2016, 12:31 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default The Starcave

Last edited by vellichor; October 22nd, 2023 at 11:33 AM.
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:55 AM
AHHH

Bump Policy: As much as you want lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: The Starcave

(Just so that staff know, they will not be contacting StarClan, we're here to give North his full name. They will sleep but StarClan will not come to them in their dreams.)

Zerosight quietly, and almost sneakily, padded toward the StarCave, pausing just slightly at the top of the hill that would slowly slope down until they came upon the opening. He turned to make sure Northpaw was following, knowing that he as an apprentice had struggled with the journey. When he had been a full medicine cat the journey had been done easily, with very little thought put into it, and now it was becoming harder for him once again. Of course, Northpaw had been here before, and he was grown up now; the journey was probably fairly easy to him now.
Taking a deep breath it and out, to slow his heartbeat, he listened. It was eerily silent, the only sound being a slight breeze that rustled the branchs of the trees. No whispering... The medicine cat swallowed hard, his blind blue eyes worried. "No talking unless necessary from this point out, okay?" He meowed, what he usually meowed before they entered the cave. Zero always felt it better not to talk when in the sacred area, knowing they could talk once they left the cave. Of course, the tom was going to break that rule tonight, to do the one exception.

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!
Old December 15th, 2016, 09:26 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

@Zero to Hero

The dark apprentice flicked his tail as they entered the Starcave. He had mixed and conflicting emotions about what was to happen next. He was excited since this meant he was earning his full medicine cat name - yet he knew that Ratnight would punish them for doing such a thing. Especially right after he outlawed any belief in Starclan. Northpaw quivered at both the thought of earning his name and of him and his mentor being punished by their tyrannical leader.

The young tom gave a quick nod as he was told not to speak from this point onward. Zerosight... He silently thought, almost as if he was speaking to his mentor despite not actually talking as they made their way through the darkness towards the area where the ceremony would take place. He was debated on what to say to the black tom. He didn't want to seem ungrateful and point out that they would be swiftly punished if their leader - or rather any clan mate that was his follow - found out about this. In fact,he was grateful, very grateful. He had spent moons training with Zerosight and grew to care for the older tom, seeing him as sort of a father.

But he was afraid. He didn't want to get punished in fear of being killed - which was a natural fear - but he also didn't want Zerosight to be harmed either while doing this for him. We could just wait... wait until everything settles down back at camp, maybe than Ratnight will also realize what he's said and how crazy it is! But he had this terrible sinking feeling about all these new leaders and what they were doing.

But instead he gave a small smile to Zerosight. His whole time as a medicine cat apprentice, Starclan has been quite... silent. He never really came into contact with them despite the fact that every medicine cat has come into contact with their ancestors. Though he let his recent paranoia blame Bucknight and Blazingnight - the first leaders with those strange suffixes who became leader before he took the role as Zerosight's apprentice. But this might be his chances to do so.

Though of course it would be when Starclan was outlawed in the clans.

Thank you, Northpaw continued his silent conversation, his smile was genuine but a bit on the weak side due to the stress and worries he held for his clan as well as the others. Thank you so much for everything, he he added the last part, he didn't know why his voice seemed to break slightly. He blinked his autumn orbs and shook out his dark grey pelt.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old December 15th, 2016, 04:55 PM
AHHH

Zerosight silently padded down the cool tunnel, toward the center of the Starcave. He knew the way by heart, but was taking it slow, wanting to relish in the moment that he would likely not see again for a long time, or at least he assumed. Not unless some savior came out from nowhere to release them from the captive of their evil leaders, but that was a crazy notion.

The silence of his ancestors was eeiry, and he almost wanted to turn tail and run. The only sound that could be heard was their breathing, and the silent dripping noise of water from deep within the tunnel. The wind blew through from behind them, making a hollow whistling noise that raised the hair on the back of his neck. It had never been this silent before. However, he was able to continue onward, knowing that this was an important moment for both him and his apprentice.

They reached the main part of the starcave after a few moments of walking, and he went up to the crystal in the middle eagarly. The tom slowed to a halt beside in and sat, turning and 'looking' at Northpaw as he made his way to stand beside him. "Northpaw," He meowed after a moment, his voice echoing in the silence. "You are grown up now, and you deserve your full name. Believe it or not, you are not a little kit anymore and have come a long way from those many moons ago when we met. I couldn't have been more lucky of a mentor." His voice was heavy with emotion; a mix of happiness, excitement, and also a bit of sadness that this meant their time together was reaching the road to the end.

The tom cleared his throat, sitting up straighter. "I, Zerosight, medicine cat of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice." He almost looked around in fear as if one of the evil leaders were watching, but he knew that he was safe here. "He has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help he will serve his Clan for many moons to come."

The tom continued, his voice ringing clear and loud in the cave. "Northpaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!
Old December 16th, 2016, 06:36 AM

@Zero to Hero

As they made their way towards the center of the cave in silence, the younger tom also felt the eerie tone around them. He shifted his weight as he followed his mentor, trying not to seem too unsettled by the silence of the place. Like Zerosight, he had never been here in such silence. Though he did spend most of his time in the medicine den along with Zerosight, it wasn't always so quite. They usually spoke or had patients so the apprentice never really experienced such silence. It was a bit unnerving.

He blinked as they approached the center, and the younger tom had to hold himself back from bounding over to it like an excited kit. Instead, he shook his fur out and watched Zerosight carefully, not wanting to embarrass himself during this important time. As the medicine cat reached the center and turned towards Northpaw, the tabby neared him, autumn orbs wide with interest. This would be his first medicine cat naming ceremony that he's been a part of and he wasn't exactly sure what he was suppose to do so he tried his best to mimic the warrior and apprentice ceremonies.

Northpaw stood a bit straighter when his mentor's voice rang across the cave in the start of the ceremony. He felt a surge of his own pride for himself. The tom had feared he wouldn't be enough to succeed his mentor, but it gave him some encouragement as he was about to earn his full medicine cat name. He wished he could run over towards Surgestorm when this was over and show off his new name - whatever it may be - but he was reminded that he could not so at a time like this.

Does Starclan hear him? Will they visit us tonight and show their approval of me? The tom knew how silent Starclan had been towards them, and started to worry that perhaps they might not even bother to show to the naming of a medicine cat. Or maybe they would and claim they disprove of him. But their silence might also show their disapproval... if this happens, will Zerosight drop me as his apprentice? He did not wish to think that his mentor would quickly drop him in order to please Starclan. What am I saying? Of course he wouldn't! Northpaw forced himself to calm down.

Everything that was happening with their new leaders was making him so paranoid.

The charcoal apprentice listened carefully to the last part. This was part that he'd have to vow to. He noted that it was slightly different from the vow that new warriors and apprentices had to make, but he liked this one better anyway. of course, the last part was one of those parts where you never think of. When would he even have to risk his life to protect another cat? If there was a fight, it would be left to the warriors while medicine cats would be relatively safe and just healing cats. But he did agree with everything else. He was one of those cats that didn't entirely understand the borders and didn't stereotype the other clans. Plus, he enjoyed healing cats and making them feel better. It wasn't a difficult choice.

"I do," Northpaw's voice was so sure as he answered this, and he seemed to able to stand just a bit more taller as he mewed the simply yet binding words.

Old December 17th, 2016, 08:49 AM
AHHH

It was quiet, but a tiny wave of whispers floated across Zerosight's ears, which instantly pleased the tom. At Northpaw's strong "I do," they spoke up again as if to voice their approval.

"Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. Northpaw, from this moment you will be known as Northpath." He paused and listened quietly for a moment, hoping Northpaw approved of his choice in name. It wasn't every day that he got to name a cat, but he figured that this name fit.

"StarClan honors your courage, determination, dedication, energy, honesty, intelligience, kindness, loyalty, patience... and wisdom," The medicine cat trailed off a bit, blushing as he realized he was rambling. "And we welcome you as a full medicine cat of ThunderClan."

Usually, the other medicine cats were with them when the name ceremony was done, and would begin to congratulate the tom, but unfortunately they were not. Instead, Zerosight spoke up. "Congragulations Northpaw..." He meowed, leaning forward to touch his nose to his apprentice's forehead. "I'm really proud of you."

Old December 17th, 2016, 12:42 PM

@Zero to Hero

The tom could hardly wait to hear what his new name was going to be. He honestly didn't know what would sound to good with his prefix, but was sure that whatever name Zerosight gave him, he would love nonetheless. He continued to shift his one his paws, though it was mostly in excitement rather than his fear of Ratnight.

His ears perked and he strained them in order to hear as he heard some faint whispers. Northpaw could see that Zerosight looked pleased by the whispers. Is that what Starclan sounds like when they approve? Though he couldn't be entirely sure he had even heard anything since it had been faint to his own ears.

But he quickly put that thought aside when his mentor continued to the naming part of the ceremony. His tail twitched when Zerosight informed him that he would now announce his new name - the name of a full medicine cat, though he would still be technically Zerosight's apprentice despite his knowledge, but he was fine with that and loved his mentor. He was glad that he'd still work under Zerosight and that he would be second that others would come to for medical attention. His mentor was much more experienced when it came to healing.

Northpath, the newly named tom looked clearly pleased by this name. He liked the way it sounded and how it rang on the cave when Zerosight announced it. He wished to thank his mentor for the name and the training, but he decided to hold that until he was finished with the ceremony. It would be rude for the younger tom to interrupt him, especially during such an important time in his own life.

Northpath blushed as he was complimented - similar to when anyone would compliment him. His chest felt warmed as he listened to Zerosight close the ceremony and watched him with kind autumn orbs. Though he doubted that he was all his mentor was saying he was, believing that he mentor saw him through rose colored glasses. AS Zerosight exclaimed that Thunderclan welcomed him as a full medicine cat now, he knew that it was over. The ceremony had been quick, but it was still one of the most important moments in his young life.

"Thanks you," he purred softly as Zerosight congratulated him. "For everything..." he added on the last part he had thought earlier. He licked his mentor's shoulder and waved his tail, continuing to not thin of Ratnight nor what was going on back at camp. Northpath was only in the moment.

Old December 23rd, 2016, 06:57 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Geckoleaf slowly entered the glittering cave, her paws unsure of the path she had not traveled for many moons. But memory served her well, and soon, she and Russetswirl were in the belly of the cavernous opening. A smile spread across the she-cat's face; many fond memories from younger days swirled through her mind. She remembered coming as a newly named apprentice, to be accepted by her ancestors, and then again to receive her full name. Looking back to assure he was following, she then looked back towards the cavern, and continued down to the stone, careful to avoid the various crystals poking out of the stone. Carefully, she crossed the flat clearing at the bottom, the ethereal light of cave giving it a strange glow. She paused for a moment, both to allow Russetswirl to catch u, and to simply enjoy being there. She had always felt peaceful and calm in the Starcave; it had always been obvious to the tabby molly that StarClans presence was here, and this was a sacred place. She moved a few steps forward, until she was in front of a large, dark crystal, with flecks of color underneath the deep varnish on top. She could see a slight depression where many cats before her had touched their nose to it. Turning to Russetswirl, she offered him a slight smile. "It's time," Geckoleaf whispered, softly, her breathy voice surprisingly loud in the stark silence of the cave. It one smooth motion, she pressed her nose to the stone, obviously expecting the warrior to follow. She felt her body slump, and her mind pulled into a dream.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old December 23rd, 2016, 07:50 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post
Geckoleaf slowly entered the glittering cave, her paws unsure of the path she had not traveled for many moons. But memory served her well, and soon, she and Russetswirl were in the belly of the cavernous opening. A smile spread across the she-cat's face; many fond memories from younger days swirled through her mind. She remembered coming as a newly named apprentice, to be accepted by her ancestors, and then again to receive her full name. Looking back to assure he was following, she then looked back towards the cavern, and continued down to the stone, careful to avoid the various crystals poking out of the stone. Carefully, she crossed the flat clearing at the bottom, the ethereal light of cave giving it a strange glow. She paused for a moment, both to allow Russetswirl to catch u, and to simply enjoy being there. She had always felt peaceful and calm in the Starcave; it had always been obvious to the tabby molly that StarClans presence was here, and this was a sacred place. She moved a few steps forward, until she was in front of a large, dark crystal, with flecks of color underneath the deep varnish on top. She could see a slight depression where many cats before her had touched their nose to it. Turning to Russetswirl, she offered him a slight smile. "It's time," Geckoleaf whispered, softly, her breathy voice surprisingly loud in the stark silence of the cave. It one smooth motion, she pressed her nose to the stone, obviously expecting the warrior to follow. She felt her body slump, and her mind pulled into a dream.
He was absolutely nervous- who wouldn’t be, with all of this responsibility suddenly crashing down onto your shoulders at a time like this? Riverclan was just beginning to recover, and he had been thrust into a leading role, having to take charge of a clan that needed time for it’s wounds to heal. Starclan was still fresh in their minds from having been liberated by a new clan, one that would have to be received with diplomatic measures now that they were settling quite closer to their own home, and another war might mean the end of their world, as they knew it. Stepping into the Starcave behind Geckoleaf, his tail flicked back and forth between the narrow entrance, before lifting his gaze up towards the magnificent stone which stood in front of him. It was a beautiful crystal, which almost seemed to reflect the souls of their ancestors before even being able to slip into a state of dreaming, to wait for the starry cats who guided him to confirm that he was the leader of Riverclan, now- and that he couldn’t back down from a task that was this big. He had to do it, for his friends, family, and for the sake of his clan. “I’m ready.” He breathed quietly, stepping into the center of the cave and pressing his nose onto the gem carefully, closing his eyes. In almost an instant, he wasn’t in the cave anymore- opening his eyes, the world around him was strikingly familiar to that of his dream beforehand, when he’d been told to take care of his clan. Hello, Starclan.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 07:51 PM
chirps

@fenic!

Still as bubbly and energetic as she was during her short time in RiverClan, the fluffy Willowpaw bounded out of the shadows. Starts glittered in her fur and in her eyes, and a broad smile broke out as she spotted her former mentor. "Russetswirl!" she purred, almost shaking with excitement. Ever since her unfortunate drowning, she had watched her former mentor go through all of the trials and tribulations of the past few moons, hoping and praying that he would turn out okay. And now, here he was, the new leader of RiverClan. A purr rumbled deep in her chest as she stopped in front of the older tom, staring up at him with admiration shining in her eyes. When she had been chosen to deliver the first life to Russetswirl, a sense of honor and humbleness washed over her. Even though she hadn't trained with Russetswirl for too long before her unfortunate demise, she still thought of him as the best mentor and the best candidate to bring RiverClan back onto the path of StarClan.

Snapping back to the present, the young Starclan apprentice smiled softly as she began her duty. "We are all so proud to see how far you have come, and I am honored to present you with the life of mentorship," she began, happiness seeming to radiate from within ever fiber of her being. "May you use it well to train all the cats of your Clan, young and old." As she finished, Willowpaw stretched her neck forward to touch her nose to Russetswirls to formerly deliver the life. The transition of the life from inside of her to Russetswirl passed seamlessly through her, although she was well aware of the pain it would cause Russetswirl. He would indeed feel the heavy weight of training all types of cats - from those who were stubborn to those who were natural born warriors.

As the life ebbed into the new RiverClan leader, Willowpaw stepped back and gave one last smile to her former mentor. "Thank you so much for everything you have taught me. Always know that everything you have gone through, has not been in vein," she purred to him and dipped her head. The she-cat wanted to stay longer and comfort her mentor - she had watched him grieve over her drowned body when it was found by a RiverClan patrol, but she was glad that he could at least see that she was okay, and happy in StarClan. With a last wave of her tail and a sweet smile that was so genuinely Willowpaw, the fluffy she-cat disappeared back into the surrounding mist, among the eyes that circled around the new leader.

Last edited by spade; December 23rd, 2016 at 08:24 PM.