Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Alternative Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 02:33 AM
Otterkit Finder
by nyx
Last post by the kitty
Today 01:58 AM
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Myling
Today 01:44 AM
Hi WCO!!!
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 01:37 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Blazing
Today 01:15 AM

Old January 6th, 2018, 05:34 PM

Default Fury's Call // Part One: The Betrayal(PRIVATE)

​(Beginning Notes/Editorializing/Etc., etc./You don't care:

There are some moments in life where I will stop and wonder, "Ge Caleb, you have to wonder what you're doing with your life..."
Yeah, this is one of those moments. As proud as I am with how much progress I've made, I have to wonder why I thought writing a book would be a good idea... But regardless, I still have the audacity to post it online... Moving on, I want to make it clear that THIS BOOK IS NOT FINISHED. Seriously. It's not. The Author's Introduction is terrible, the grammar and use of words needs improvement, and I'm pretty sure I should just revamp the entire story already before it's too late. HOWEVER, I thought I would finally gather the nerve to post this monster online and receive a bit of feedback... So you know, feedback is nice. Let me know if it's terrible or amazing, and if you want to see more... I need more sleep.)

Fury’s Call

ATTENTION:
The following writing contains content that is and should be considered in extreme progress, and is labeled as unfinished work. Do not think of this as a finished copy of Fury’s Call.

Author’s Introduction:

I have one thing to say about this novel. It is not a children’s novel. The reason I have to say that is because, despite the fact it is built off of a fantasy scenario where intelligent cats exist(which sounds very childish), the themes and influences that are portrayed aren’t exactly intended for a young person to indulge in. While I have not included anything directly sexual or racially offensive, there are scenes of excessive violence, adult based scenarios and situations, and strange morals that may influence people of young age.

Some might argue this when they read the beginning pages, but keep in mind that the style I wrote this book in is first person limited. This means that the only way you will learn anything, at all, will be through the mind of a single character. My intentions while writing this book was to evolve and adapt the characteristics and mindset of each individual through experience and circumstance over time. And since life isn’t exactly a perfect world, you can’t expect to have perfect mindsets or actions either. So the main way Fury’s Call will work is this; The younger the character is, the more basic and naive their thought pattern is, which translates into more simple writing. As they get older, the thinking turns deeper, and to a certain extent, darker, and they deal with issues that they never would have as a younger character.
I hope you enjoy reading my first official book release!

Part One: The Betrayal

Prologue:

The Great War. Fourth Skirmish.

“Captain! Shadow Tribe has taken the ravine! Sun Tribe is marching on the southern camp now!”
Harrow eyed his scattered legion of Jaegers, refusing to show his slowly growing fear in front of them all. He swept his gaze past the Jaeger who had just delivered him the message. A freezing blast of ice and snow flew across the mountain face, blazing through the intense battle and bombarding him and the many other cats killing each other below him in a crater in the mountain. His legion was strong, and would probably win the battle against the Sky Tribe legion, but if they were to stay there much longer, they would be cut off at the Ravine and cornered. Even if they survived the night, Sun Tribe’s legion and who knows what else would finish his Jaegers off.
“Sir, we need to leave! Now!”
Harrow returned the Jaeger’s rude and uncalled for input with a hard glare.
“Do not take me for a fool! I know we’ll be cut off! But we can’t just run from this fight!”
The blizzard cast another hefty blast of snow, and Harrow had to lean in against the wind to keep himself from being taken off his feet. Deep down, he knew that any action he took at this point would seem like madness, both to him and his cats. Is this where the Mountain Tribe ends? In a vicious final war?

Harrow looked down and examined how the battle was going, trying his best to stay calm as he observed each and every one of his strong fighters. Twenty seven dead. Thirty seven injured. Nearly the rest of the one hundred in total Jaegers were exhausted, but still fighting valiantly, refusing to show any fear or weakness towards the enemy. Despite how badly everything was going in general, Harrow couldn’t suppress a slight flicker of pride in his chest. Every Mountain Tribe cat here may die today, but it will be an honourable last stand. My Jaegers will fight like lions to the last cat. Harrow took one last look below him, then flexed his claws, preparing to join his legion in one of the many battles to preserve the sacred grounds of his homeland. If he was going to die, he was going to bring a few Sky Tribe Jaegers with him. Give me strength, Star Tribe. Harrow crouched, aiming for a clear patch of snow roughly eight feet down, then jumped, landing squarely in the thick of the battle and stumbling a few paces forward before trampling onto his side. Another gust of snow wracked the battlefield. Through the thick snowfall, he distinguished the outline of a large cat sprinting towards him in an attempt to attack him. He met the charge head on and collided with a mottled she-cat, who was stunned by the sudden show of aggression. Taking probably the only chance Harrow had, he ducked low underneath her forepaws and latched onto her two hind legs with his claws, then pulled her onto her back by forcing her legs from under her towards him. She must be a new Jaeger. She looks young, and she’s barely holding her own. It’s a shame I must kill her. While down on her back, she was exposed, and stunned by the swift, more experienced combat manoeuvres of the Captain. She succumbed to a painful death when he quickly raised his forelegs and brought his claws down on her, raking her across the neck and stomach. Blood splattered in a relatively vertical line along the huge slash, spraying Harrow in the face and chest. A scarlet pooling effect followed, and he barely had time to witness the gory process of her intestines spilling out, since the next enemy Jaeger had already made it’s way towards him, taking more caution than the she-cat.

The black and white tom was obviously more experienced than the she-cat. He carefully examined the movement of Harrow as he turned to circle him, and a long scar across his ear told Harrow he’d seen combat before. Another strong billow of snow blinded both cats for only a few seconds, but Harrow knew it was the moment he had to take down a more experienced opponent like this quickly. He resisted the strong force of the wind and lunged forward, stretching his claws forward in the hopes that it would snag the hostile Jaeger. He felt an instant feeling of triumph as his left paw made contact with the tom’s shoulders, and he dragged the surprised tom down just as the blizzard calmed again. The enemy Jaeger snarled viciously and lunged upward, catching Harrow’s hind leg and dragging him to the ground, there they tussled violently for what seemed like an eternity. The tom eventually was holding Harrow down by the neck with his forelegs, his claws sinking deep and causing blood to gush. Panic began to spread like wildfire through Harrow, and to counter that panic, he frantically attempted to push the cat away with his back legs. It worked, but barely. By the time he’d gotten back on his feet, the enemy was slowly moving forward again.

“Retreat! Legion, retreat!”
The enemy Captain is ordering a retreat. We won. Praise the Stars. For a moment, Harrow stood there motionless, not sure what to do. He blinked, then joined in the victory cries of his legion as they rallied in the standard twenty by five rectangular formation with what cats were still standing. The blizzard cleared, marking a heroic victory as Harrow’s legion hissed and growled at the few Sky Tribe cats who were quickly dissolving into the ever clearing distance. Harrow turned to his legion of Jaegers who stood as still as stone, their gloating and cheering replaced by a firm, disciplined formation. Forty seven Jaegers left. We may have won the battle, but the losses are crippling. Harrow shook his head, ignoring the negative. He had a job to do. Keeping his Jaegers in good spirit was part of it, especially if they were to help fend off the other attacks. This meant he would have to leave the bodies of his fallen cats behind. The rest won’t like that, but we have no time to bury them.

“Legion, right face!”
Each Jaeger turned right like a perfect wave, each one after the other in a trained, focused ripple effect.
“Legion, forward!”
Harrow marched gracefully, yet containably beside the First Jaeger to the right of the column, shouting encouragement to his cats as they walked into the dawn sunlight, which cast the shadow of the marching legion and evoking pride inside Harrow’s chest.
“What do you fight for?!”
The legion responded in perfect harmony as they paced along.
“The Mountain Tribe!”
“Will you let the Mountain Tribe down?!”
“No sir!”
“Who wants to taste the sweetness of victory?!”
“Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!”
Harrow let out an inaudible purr of pride and joy. Even if the battle against the other attacking tribes was far from over, he still found comfort in his relentlessly cheerful Jaegers. His purr immediately ended as he was blinded by an unnatural orange light. Harrow was instantly stopped, and he found ordering the legion to halt with him difficult.
The intensity of the flaming brightness lasted only a moment, to be replaced by pitch black. I can’t see! I can feel the snow underneath my paws, but I can’t see it! Without warning, two blazing balls of pure fire met in correlation with his own green eyes. The balls eventually formed into thin eye slits, and lingered for a moment longer before dissolving into the back of his mind. As his vision slowly reappeared and he stood straight, facing his legion of Jaegers who stood perfectly still the entire time at his order, a single word echoed in the back of his mind, unheard and unspoken, yet still there somehow. Fury.

Chapter One:

Five years later. After the Great War. The Mountain Tribe fought off the skirmishes from the other Tribes, then went offensive, crushing all other thirteen Tribes in a single invasion. The scattered cats of the other tribes are still existent, but are no longer a threat to the might of the Mountain Tribe. A dark grey, strong kitten with brilliant orange eyes, later named Fury, is born into the Tribe. As soon as his eyes open, he is given away to the Jaegers to become one himself.

“It has come to my attention, that some of you lack the discipline to become Jaegers.”
Fury stared straight at the huge rock wall of the eastern side of the camp, standing at attention in a firm, still unpracticed position like the other one hundred and forty seven Lites in training. He didn’t choose to be here. It was his parents who decided to give him up to the strict life of a Jaeger. When he was an unweaned kit, he remembered how he was thrown into a freezing cavern with a handful of other young kits, including his two siblings, Destiny and Marmalade. It was the first stage to the path of the Jaeger. Whoever was strong enough to last the freezing night inside the cavern without crying for help or pleading for mercy was selected as a Lite. A Jaeger in training. But if you failed, like most kittens forced inside the cavern, you were simply moved to the main Tribe population. Queens and kits, as well as toms who are unwilling or unable to fight. Fury could remember how he survived that night. He’d found some damp moss growing in a crack in the wall and shared it with his siblings. They all huddled together in a corner with the moss, spending the night shifting over constantly to catch the little moonlight that filtered through the cavern entrance. He was older now, weaned, but still a kitten at four months old. A slight smile formed across his face, and before he could snap back into reality and wipe it off, the Lite Captain was already inches from his face, obviously irritated that he wasn’t showing complete respect.

“Is something funny, you tiny degenerate?”
The deep voice of the old tabby cat felt like claws scraping rock to Fury’s ears. It wasn’t loud, but yet, it sounded so terribly sickening. Not to mention his breath smells terrible.
“No sir.”
Fury responded with his usual deep, husky tone, trying to sound as calm and unnerved as possible. It was part of their training to never show fear, or even nervousness in any situation.
“Then stop looking like an imbecile and keep your face straight!”
“Yes sir.”
Fury began staring at the gigantic ledge once again, listening closely to what the Captain had to say while watching streaks of summer dawn sunlight poke over the mountain peaks behind him and cast the vague shadow of both himself and his trainee’s.
“Let Fury be an example to you all. What he just did, is clearly not what you are supposed to do- Destiny! How many times must I tell you to look forward?!”
It took every ounce of restraint to keep Fury from breaking out another slight grin. He always felt guilty when he found it funny his sister got in trouble, but he couldn’t help it. Discipline, Fury. Discipline is key. Do not smile, just stand at attention.
“What sort of kittens are we producing nowadays?!”
The Captain whipped around angrily and stalked past each Lite once more, staring each one in the eye coldly before scoffing in disapproval and moving on. He eventually made it back to the end of the line, where Fury was standing, then turned around and stared into the sky for a moment, taking a deep breath.
“You failures will run all the way down south to Jagged Pass and back! If I see any of you fall behind in the slightest, I’ll cut you down and everyone you love! Move!”
The group of Lites shouted “Hurrah!”, and turned about face left in near perfect harmony, with a few stragglers who slightly stumbled in the single file line as each cat began trotting methodically, each one sticking close to each other’s tail as they began the long two kilometre run to Jagged Pass. The run altogether is about four kilometres, but there’s no way I’m slowing down, Fury thought to himself as he ran emotionlessly with the group, brushing off the morning chill. I’ve only been in training for a week, and I’ve already witnessed one of the Captain’s... punishments.

Fury remembered the rather small jet black tom who had fallen behind on one of the exercises. He was thrown into a corner by the Captain and punished with repeated slashing across the face and stomach. All while the other Lites watched. And he still had to finish the run. The sun rose higher in the sky as the young cats ran, greeting them with another beautiful morning as they approached Jagged Pass. Fury had done Jagged Pass once before, but barely managed it. The pass was a loop around a huge spike in the mountain. A thin trail barely the width of a full grown cat was how it was most of the way around, and around the mid-way point. There was an old withered branch about thirty centimetres wide which stuck out of the cliff face right in between a huge gap where the trail was smashed by a massive boulder long ago, leaving roughly a three metre space for them to jump. The only way to safely pass was to jump onto the branch first, then carefully make your way to the end of the branch, where you can reach the other side. Safe. Right. Fury huffed quietly at the thought of the Lite Captain saying over and over that it was perfectly fine to cross. I still remember my heart beating in my throat. The line halted, and even though Fury was near the back and couldn’t see the end of the massive line, he could tell by the uneasy hesitancy of the group that they’d reached the jump.
“Get your asses in gear, you lowlives!”
The line still didn’t move, even at the order of the Captain. Fury dared a sneaky look behind his shoulders at the rough tabby, just in time to see him roll his eyes in frustration.
“Must I go up there myself and kick whoever is holding the line off the mountain?!”

That seemed to do the trick for whoever was in front, because the lineup of Lites were beginning to move again, slowly but surely. I can do this, Fury thought to himself queasily, I’ve done it before. Before he knew it, the line was speeding up, so much so that he was up against the edge of the trail, half pushed by the cat behind him in seconds. The real question is, what is worse? A fall like that, or the Captain’s wrath? Fury blinked then pushed aside his fear. Some Jaeger you’re going to be, Fury. Jaegers are supposed to be fearless! Instead of wasting time thinking about it, Fury quickly decided to get it over with, before the others noticed his hesitation. He sprung forward, digging his claws into the branch and balancing himself out before rushing up the trunk and pushing himself up and across again. He watched his shadow dance across the cliff face mid jump before landing surprisingly gracefully on the other side, lining up with the patiently waiting column. The last few Lites crossed soon afterwards, followed by the Captain, who stared irritated at the crowd of waiting cats.
“What are you all waiting for?! Move!”

The Lites all sprung into action at once, going back into training mode and trotting down the other side of Jagged Pass, taking care around the thin, hazardous corners as they went. The transition was sudden for all of them. Too sudden. Look at us. Cowards! What kind of Jaegers will we be, if we let our fear and hesitancy control us? For the first time since he began training as a Lite, Fury finally understood why the Captain was so harsh with all of them. He’s trying to toughen us into fearless, battle ready cats.
The rest of the run went surprisingly fast for Fury. As they entered the main camp once again, the Captain ordered a formation, and each Lite immediately obeyed, lining up in single file again and facing towards the rock face, this time in a different order. Fury found himself somewhere in the middle of the row, next to his brother Marmalade.
“Is anyone tired yet?!”
It was obvious half of the group wanted to respond with “yes,” but each one responded together as one with the proper answer.
“No sir!”
“Do you want more?!”
“Yes sir!”
The Captain glared across the row of cats, a slight smile forming across his face.
“Fifty pushups! I want every other cat to get on the other’s back and give them encouragement! Then switch places for another fifty!”
“Yes sir!”
Fury crouched down and waited for Marmalade to jump onto his back, then began lifting the weight of both himself and his rather heavy brother with his forelegs. One, two, three, four...
“Hey, Fury.”
“Yeah?”
“Go faster.”
“Shut up.”
The young and irritating snow white cat simply huffed in amusement, refusing to give up on annoying his sibling. Eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-one...
“Do you think-“
“I don’t wanna hear it Marmie.”

Fury blinked, realizing he just addressed his brother by the nickname their mother always called him before she gave them up to the life of a Jaeger. Great, Fury thought to himself dryly, I just gave him another reason to bug my ears off.
“Woah, I thought only mum called me that. I think you’re getting a little softhearted deep down-“
The Captain walked by, and it wasn’t clear whether he’d heard Marmalade talking or not. Either way, he simply walked pass, his long, sharp claws clicking gruesomely against the solid rock ground and causing Fury to wince inside. Thirty-six, thirty-seven, thirty-eight, thirty-nine... Marmalade had begun to talk again, but Fury shut him out, concentration on his final pushups. Forty-eight, forty-nine, fifty. As soon as his mind had consciously counted fifty pushups, he quickly stood up, taking Marmalade by surprise and throwing him off onto his back. The white tom scrambled to his paws and glared at him with cold blue eyes, and Fury simply swapped back a quick smile. That’s what you get.
“Were you even listening to me?”
“No,” Fury responded as he climbed onto Marmalade’s back, “I was too busy concentrating.”

Through Fury’s eyes, the workout was nearly a repeat of when he was doing the pushups. Marmalade would try taunting him like the annoying sibling he was, and Fury would try to shut him up before the Captain caught them chattering to each other about personal things rather than the actual task. They were, to Fury surprise, as well as delight, one of the first to finish, and they formed up beside each other, clearly one of the first pair to finish the exercise. The Lite Captain looked slightly surprised as he paced past them, and despite how he was obviously trying to hide it, Fury could see a glimmer of approval sparking in his eyes in contrast with the morning sun. But only for a moment, since he’d moved on to scoff disapprovingly at the other many Lites. It took longer than it should have, but finally, every group had finished, and were standing rigid once more, awaiting orders. The Captain eyed each Lite closely, as if by simply looking at each cat, he could determine how well they did. He huffed emotionlessly, then waved his large tail in the dismissal signal.
“Do the run and the pushups over again! Then regroup with your mentor for personal daytime training. Come back to the Lite barracks at sundown for free period before going to sleep.”
“Yes sir!”

Finally, Fury thought to himself quietly as he disbanded from the group to find his mentor, my mentor is much better. For each Lite, there was a Jaeger who spent time every day training them to be Jaegers themselves. It was up to the Jaeger Captains, who as well as governing the Tribe, also assigned Jaegers to Lites. Most Jaegers hated the task, but Fury’s mentor, Emile, seemed to enjoy it. After the second run and partner system workout, Fury met Emile half way to the Jaeger’s section of the camp, where the large golden ginger tom sat waiting for him in the middle of the clearing, his green eyes glazed over with exhaustion. As he stood up to greet his Lite, Fury noticed how heavy his movement seemed, as if his legs were somehow held down by a huge weight. He looks tired enough to sleep on his paws.
“Are you okay?”
Normally, Fury wouldn’t address a superior without saying “sir” at the end of his sentence, but on the first day Emile made it clear he didn’t want to be referred to as “sir,” or anything related to that. The fatigued cat yawned before answering.
“Yeah. I had night guard duty straight after day patrol yesterday. Tried telling the Captain I’d already done an entire shift, but he seemed too preoccupied to listen... Then again, he always seemed preoccupied.”
“Did you get any sleep at all?”
“Uh... No.”
Emile gave his head a quick shake, then blinked multiple times, clearing the sleepiness from his eyes and straightening the exhaustion out of him.
“Alright, we’ve been doing a lot of combat training lately, so I guess we can sharpen up your hunting skills a little if you want.”

Fury nodded in agreement, a smile forming on his face as he followed his mentor down south towards the main entrance. Emile was a good mentor, but was almost opposite the Lite Captain. Laid back. Relatively nice. He even let’s me decide what to practice most of the time, provided it’s within reason. The noon sunlight bounced off the mountain face and splashed into the camp, lighting the rocks up in brilliant yellow crystalline shards. Emile and Fury sped to a trot, setting a pace and jogging out of the main entrance. Another mentor and their Lite intercepted the two toms as they made their way down the mountain to more reasonable hunting areas.
“You going hunting as well?”
Emile nodded.
“Yeah. Wanna join us? Bring back a good haul?”
The second Jaeger, a mottled she-cat, nodded in agreement, and the four cats set out down the mountain face, jumping multiple crevices and scattering pebbles down the rock wall as they cautiously half trotted, half jumped their way along. The surrounding area and it’s vegetation changed as the patrol headed closer to sea level, and before he knew it, Fury could feel the soft feeling of dirt and grass underneath his paws. It was a fascinating thing that he only had the chance to encounter once before, and it still was striking to him as they passed green shrubbery and trees.

“The Forest Tribe used to live here. But that was a long time ago, even before my generation.”
Fury nodded to Emile’s words, recalling the stories he would hear as a kitten of the Great War. He knew that there were thirteen other tribes before the war, and that the Mountain Tribe had exiled them out of the land. But he could never understand why. Did they all do something that was so horrible, they deserved permanent exile?
A train of thought went into that question itself, so much so that it took a moment to realize that Emile had his tail waving in a silent signal to halt. A hawk swooped overhead. The Jaeger signalled for every cat to duck down and then to blend in with the terrain, so the group of four split into two, half crawling into the shadows of the trees, and the other two crouching underneath a pile of rocks and boulders. A form of silent communication was exchanged between the two Jaegers, and to Fury’s alarm, the mottled she-cat stepped put from behind the rocks, her tail high in the sky as a show of confidence as she strutted out into the open. The hawk let out a call, now circling over her. For a moment, Fury panicked, and it took a moment to realize everything was actually under control. It’s a lure tactic Emile taught me last week. One cat lures the bird down into a low position, and the other cat pounces on the animal as it’s making it’s dive. As if the thought was a queue to what was actually about to happen, the Hawk let out another caw and dove straight down without warning. The she-cat calmly trotted over to where Emile stood in a ready position. The hawk closed in, and the sun behind it cast rays of sunlight through it’s feathers and forming a strange shadow in the ground. The shadow was dissolved when, at the blink of an eye, it was shredded out of the air by Emile.

He wrestled with the large hawk for a while before biting it square on the neck, avoiding the sharp claws of the larger beast up until the light died out of it’s eyes and it went limp. He raised his head from the dead beast and glanced at the two Lites who were watching attentively the entire time.
“You get the idea. Stick together. Fury, I taught you how to catch small prey last week. Use the training. Meet us here in about an hour.”
Fury swapped a glance with the other Lite, a calico she-cat, who simply shrugged and nodded towards the trees, silently signalling where to start. Emile and the other Jaeger prowled away into the thick forest land, leaving Fury and the other Lite to fend for themselves in the hunt.
“Well? What are we standing here for? Lets move.”
Fury surprised even himself by the intensity of his tone, but he simply shrugged it off, taking the lead as he pushed along through the tricky, unfamiliar terrain. I think I’m starting to sound like the Captain... That can’t be good.
“Aren’t you excited?!”
The question caught Fury by surprise, and he sort of frowned as he looked back at the she-cat behind him.
“Uh... sure?”
“You don’t sound excited!”
Fury gritted his teeth and looked straight again, wishing beyond anything she would keep her voice down. If she keeps yelling everything that comes out of her head, she’ll scare away all the prey in the forest.
“Isn’t it so fun, though?!”
“Could you maybe tone it down a little?”
“Oh... Sorry.”
Silence followed, so much so that it became somewhat awkward for Fury. Great, he thought to himself, I probably hurt her feelings.
“You can still talk, just-“
“Great-“
“Just keep the tone nice and low-”
The crack of a twig emitted from the trees to their right. Fury flicked his tail, stopping the chatty she-cat in her tracks and ordering her to crouch low. He focused on where the sound came from, scanning the tree line carefully until he eventually crossed paths with a bushy brown tail.

Squirrel. Maybe twenty metres ahead. Three metres up. We can’t let it know we’re here, or it’ll just dart out of reach. Fury went into hunt mode, treading lightly as he passed over a rotting log and through a clump of ferns. The calico she-cat trailed closely, so close in fact that she brushed the end of his tail as he moved along. Fury stopped behind a thicket of tall grass, the sunlight dancing through each stalk and lighting up his orange eyes into blazing balls of fire.
He flexed his claws into the dirt underneath him, preparing to pounce, when all of a sudden the other Lite decided to speak up quietly.
“So wait, what’s your name again?”
Fury’s eyed widened in surprise, and he frantically turned to his hunting partner, giving her the look he gave cats when he really just wanted them to shut up.
“Do we have to do this now?”
The she-cat shrugged.
“Just wondering. Mine’s Lulu.”
“Fury. Now shut up.”
He turned tail, only to find that the squirrel was gone. Probably spooked by the chatter Lulu started between us. Fury turned around again and narrowed his eyes irritably at the calico, who simply shrugged and apologized quietly.

Do I have to spend the entire time watching prey escape under my nose, simply because I was put with a cat who cannot hunt? At all?
The rest of the hour wasn’t quite as bad as Fury had predicted. He eventually grew tired of Lulu’s ignorant talking and decided to split from her, catching a sparrow almost immediately after separating from her. When they met up, he wasn’t surprised to see she hadn’t caught anything. They regrouped with their mentors, and Fury watched almost pitifully as Lulu was scolded harshly for failing such a simple task. The long walk home took them until sundown, and almost the entire time, Lulu’s chattiness was completely gone. He hardly knew her, but Fury’s pity for her led him to give his catch to her.
“I can’t take your catch! That’s unfair to you!”
Lulu pushed back the sparrow Fury set down in front of her when they’d entered camp again. His impatience grew with her, and he gritted his teeth for what seemed to be the millionth time that day. Just take the stupid prey already!
“I’m not hungry. Just take it.”
Truthfully, Fury was a little starved, since he hadn’t eaten anything since the day before. Lulu sat there for a moment, as if considering it, then slowly picked it up in her jaws and curtly nodded a thank you before walking away to the Lite barracks for nighttime free period before bedtime. Fury huffed, taking a moment to breathe the cool night breeze before following her loosely. How did she even become a Lite in the first place?

Fury took one last look at the white glowing sliver of pure light known as the moon before heading into the large cavern that was fitted into the Lite barracks. He passed roughly twenty or so moss lined beds that were made out of branches, roughly half of them occupied, before arriving at his own bed, where he flopped down in an exhausted manner and watched the other young cats buzzing around the large, moonlit cave. He eventually dove into a decent sleep as the other Lites settled down, preparing himself for the next morning as well as ignoring the hungry pangs for that sparrow he gave away. The next exercise.

Chapter Two:

The night after the Great War ended. Sixth assault on the Mountain Tribe. Harrow is promoted to Honorary Captain for his bravery in combat and his ability to lead his crippled legion into multiple battles. The high ranks of the Mountain Tribe gather to discuss what to do now that the war was over, and that the other Tribes were scattered for good.

Rage flowed through Harrow, and he had to use every ounce of restraint to keep himself from attacking Talon. Instead, he closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath and lowering his head.
“If there is no objection- besides Harrow, then we will all move on with the vote to implement what Talon suggested.”
Harrow cast a hard glare at the Head Captain, and he gritted his teeth, half hating himself for even questioning his command. But he couldn’t help himself, and the next thing he knew, words were coming out of his mouth.
“Are you really going to allow this? We have been allowing the spirits to guide us for years, and now you decide to forget them completely? Are you mad?!”
The Head Captain stood up from his authoritative position, jumping down from the ledge he sat on and pushing through the crowd of perhaps thirty lower class Captains before stopping in front of Harrow. He sighed, then without warning, he struck Harrow across the right cheek, spraying blood across the stone ground.
“No Harrow, your mad. Your mad for still holding on to a religion that should have never existed. Your mad for trusting anything to these ancient “spirits” that have done nothing, and I mean nothing, for us. We exiled the other Tribes. Not them. We restored order to the land, not them! We survived! Not! Them!”
He gave Harrow the chance to stand up again, then struck him down against the cold rock once more, letting the other Captains watch silently.
“Perhaps I promoted you too soon...”

This isn’t what the Tribe is supposed to be. This isn’t right. I know Star Tribe exists. They sent me a prophecy. Harrow glared at the Head as he returned to his seat of power, carrying on with the meeting with the other Captains while Harrow sat there, blood dribbling down his face and neck and dropping to the ground below his paws, his dark tabby cheek throbbing in searing pain. I’ll never get that arrogant fool to believe me, or anyone else. Harrow gazed over each Captain, who took one quick look at him before calling their vote for the eradication of all religion. This isn’t the Tribe I grew up in. This isn’t what I thought I was fighting for. He stood up, then stared at the entrance to the cave. Moonlight poured into the cave like a waterfall, casting it’s brilliant blue light into the darkness of the meeting. He couldn’t stay there. Everything he thought he was defending had turned corrupt in it’s own arrogance and self-esteem. He turned to the Head Captain, who was conversing with the other Captains about related issues. Whatever the prophecy has in store for the Tribe, he doesn’t deserve it. He can burn for all I care.

“I resign my status as Honorary Captain.”
The entire Cave went silent. Each Cat slowly turned towards him, and only the Head didn’t seem to care much. Harrow could hardly believe he had gotten to the point where he thought leaving the Mountain Tribe would be a better choice. He always imagined he would die defending what he thought his Tribe was, but that was being stripped away at that point. I just wish they would understand the importance of the Star Tribe in each of their lives.
After what seemed like an eternity of silence, he turned tail, making his way towards the exit and refusing to look back.
“I am not a part of this tribe anymore.”
He vanished around the corner at the last word, leaving only bloody paw prints as a reminder that he was there at all. He padded past the two Jaeger standing watch at the entrance, and one of them politely requested where he was headed. Harrow didn’t respond, but instead curtly flicked his tail in dismissal. He kept walking the night away, until his heavily scarred cheek was numb and his legs were aching from fatigue. He hadn’t slept in days. He needed to rest, but not then. If the Tribe caught him on their land after he resigned his duty, they would kill him there.

His paws kept moving, screaming exhaustion at him, but he kept pacing along, moving down the mountain. After what seemed like an eternity, partly because the walking became throbbingly painful for Harrow, he came across the lush green open field where the sixth assault took place only the day before. Harrow’s legion was killed there. Or at least, what was left of it. The fresh smell of rotting flesh and organs wafted across his nose, and he halted, a sense of dizziness swaying him in an S shape as he stumbled along, crossing through a ditch and jumping up into the field. He’d seen the sight before, but it still heavily haunted Harrow as his gaze traveled over countless bodies of dead cats. Some intact. Some decapitated. All of them rotting to the bone. I thought the Head Captain would at least have the decency to bury the Jaegers who died so honourably here. Or at least the Mountain Tribe Jaegers. Harrow was already there once and had experienced the tormenting trauma, but he still bent over into the ditch behind him and vomited like the first time he’d seen combat. He examined the chunks that he’d left sprayed on the side of the ditch. It’s better than staring at those hundreds of young toms and she-cats.
He finally dared sit up and look around again. Why did this war have to happen to us? So much violence and bloodshed. For what? More land?

Blinding light took Harrow by surprise. Orange light. It’s happening again. The light shattered in his eyes, and he took a deep breath, crouching low and staring down at nothing. He was blind again. Two blazing balls of pure fire appeared out of nowhere, followed by countless sparks that danced around the two objects, now a pair of gleaming eyes. The image thickened, transforming from a black shade to a grey. Harrow thought he could see the thick outline of a cat sitting matched up with the eyes, but then the vision disappeared into the back of his aching head again. He stood up, taking in ragged, intense gasps of air. I have to go. Dawn light that was draping over the mountains was signalling the dawn patrol, and if they knew he’d left the Tribe, they wouldn’t show him any mercy. Harrow stood up, shook himself roughly, then gathered what little energy he had left in him to begin the long descent away from the mountains.

(lol What do I do with my life)