Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Lesson in the...
by Dark
Last post by Dark
Today 03:18 AM
The Orange Tree!...
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:59 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by the kitty
Today 02:53 AM
Q & A! (With my...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 02:41 AM
Otterkit Finder
by nyx
Last post by the kitty
Today 01:58 AM

Old December 23rd, 2016, 08:24 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
@fenic!

Still as bubbly and energetic as she was during her short time in RiverClan, the fluffy Willowpaw bounded out of the shadows. Starts glittered in her fur and in her eyes, and a broad smile broke out as she spotted her former mentor. "Russetswirl!" she purred, almost shaking with excitement. Ever since her unfortunate drowning, she had watched her former mentor go through all of the trials and tribulations of the past few moons, hoping and praying that he would turn out okay. And now, here he was, the new leader of RiverClan. A purr rumbled deep in her chest as she stopped in front of the older tom, staring up at him with admiration shining in her eyes. When she had been chosen to deliver the first life to Russetswirl, a sense of honor and humbleness washed over her. Even though she hadn't trained with Russetswirl for too long before her unfortunate demise, she still thought of him as the best mentor and the best candidate to bring RiverClan back onto the path of StarClan.

Snapping back to the present, the young Starclan apprentice smiled softly as she began her duty. "We are all so proud to see how far you have come, and I am honored to present you with the life of mentorship," she began, happiness seeming to radiate from within ever fiber of her being. "May you use it well to train all the cats of your Clan, young and old." As she finished, Willowpaw stretched her neck forward to touch her nose to Russetswirls to formerly deliver the life. The transition of the life from inside of her to Russetswirl passed seamlessly through her, although she was well aware of the pain it would cause Russetswirl. He would indeed feel the heavy weight of training all types of cats - from those who were stubborn to those who were natural born warriors.

As the life ebbed into the new RiverClan leader, Willowpaw stepped back and gave one last smile to her former mentor. "Thank you so much for everything you have taught me. Always know that everything you have gone through, has not been in vein," she purred to him and dipped her head. The she-cat wanted to stay longer and comfort her mentor - she had watched him grieve over her drowned body when it was found by a RiverClan patrol, but she was glad that he could at least see that she was okay, and happy in StarClan. With a last wave of her tail and a sweet smile that was so genuinely Willowpaw, the fluffy she-cat disappeared back into the surrounding mist, among the eyes that circled around the new leader.
Taking a deep breath as he looked around what he'd appeared into, and the stars around him, a familiar face came into view- one he hadn't seen for a while now. She wasn't a part of his family, but it always felt like she'd been, an apprentice of his who'd drowned in the river shortly after one of their training sessions. He'd known her as a kit, playing with his own first litter in the nursery while he helped out Shellfeather with the younger ones. "...Willowpaw." He breathed, beaming in joy as she stood there, one of the cat's he'd grieved over looking as happy as one who was still alive. I've missed you- but you're okay, right? Living among the stars here, with everyone else who's passed. He ws about to try and ask her something, but decided instead to keep his mouth shut- he didn't want to possibly interrupt the ceremony, or end up doing something wrong.

Letting the deceased apprentice touch her nose to his, the tom's eyes widened as a flash of energy burst into his body, like he could run and hunt for hours. At first, it was a refreshing feeling for the soon-to-be leader, but then memories of fighting alongside those you've trained, the way you needed to protect those you helped to learn, it sliced into him like a wound. Lurching over in a barrage of pain, different memories about training his apprentices came to mind- it was Speckledpaw, Willowpaw, Crowpaw, and finally Rainpaw- he'd given his all to train them, and he could feel every single session he'd ever hosted wracking his body, the pain of defending the life of those who had yet to learn what they needed to.

However, this didn't last as long as he thought it would- and after a few moments of excruciating pain, it ended up subsiding into a small murmur, which allowed him to open his eyes again, standing up straight in a slower manner, and letting out a deep breath as he watched Willowpaw step away, reaching out to the apprentice as she disappeared into the mist. "I'm sorry I let you die." He murmured to the molly, eyes filled with sympathy as he left. Gazing into the crowd of watching eyes, he wondered... who's next?
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:03 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
Taking a deep breath as he looked around what he'd appeared into, and the stars around him, a familiar face came into view- one he hadn't seen for a while now. She wasn't a part of his family, but it always felt like she'd been, an apprentice of his who'd drowned in the river shortly after one of their training sessions. He'd known her as a kit, playing with his own first litter in the nursery while he helped out Shellfeather with the younger ones. "...Willowpaw." He breathed, beaming in joy as she stood there, one of the cat's he'd grieved over looking as happy as one who was still alive. I've missed you- but you're okay, right? Living among the stars here, with everyone else who's passed. He ws about to try and ask her something, but decided instead to keep his mouth shut- he didn't want to possibly interrupt the ceremony, or end up doing something wrong.

Letting the deceased apprentice touch her nose to his, the tom's eyes widened as a flash of energy burst into his body, like he could run and hunt for hours. At first, it was a refreshing feeling for the soon-to-be leader, but then memories of fighting alongside those you've trained, the way you needed to protect those you helped to learn, it sliced into him like a wound. Lurching over in a barrage of pain, different memories about training his apprentices came to mind- it was Speckledpaw, Willowpaw, Crowpaw, and finally Rainpaw- he'd given his all to train them, and he could feel every single session he'd ever hosted wracking his body, the pain of defending the life of those who had yet to learn what they needed to.

However, this didn't last as long as he thought it would- and after a few moments of excruciating pain, it ended up subsiding into a small murmur, which allowed him to open his eyes again, standing up straight in a slower manner, and letting out a deep breath as he watched Willowpaw step away, reaching out to the apprentice as she disappeared into the mist. "I'm sorry I let you die." He murmured to the molly, eyes filled with sympathy as he left. Gazing into the crowd of watching eyes, he wondered... who's next?
Stepping out of the shadows after Willowpaw had given her gift to the new leader was a cat that the tom very likely didn't know, though perhaps he had seen her at gatherings, a kind she-cat who was always seen around young cats, telling them stories and playing with them, a cat by the name of Daisyfrost. The brown tortoiseshell approached with a warm, comforting smile on her muzzle and her tail held high above her head. This cat had been killed during the fire that raged across Thunderclan, having been murdered by a dark forest worshiping apprentice when she was weak from smoke inhalation, trying to catch back up with the clan in their evacuation. But now she was restored to her youth, restored to an unscathed, uninjured cat who no longer hurt.
"Greetings Russetswirl." Meowed the she-cat in a voice so gentle it had the power to lull a kit to sleep in mere seconds, no matter how feisty the youngster may be.

"With this life I give you love. Use it well to care for your clan when they need it the most, use it to strengthen those that are lonely and most of all, let it guide your heart." When the she-cat finished, she slowly craned her head forward to touch her nose to him to transfer the second life unto him.

After it had been given, she would flash a loving grin and step back into the misty grounds of Starclan to make way for the next life.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:33 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Stepping out of the shadows after Willowpaw had given her gift to the new leader was a cat that the tom very likely didn't know, though perhaps he had seen her at gatherings, a kind she-cat who was always seen around young cats, telling them stories and playing with them, a cat by the name of Daisyfrost. The brown tortoiseshell approached with a warm, comforting smile on her muzzle and her tail held high above her head. This cat had been killed during the fire that raged across Thunderclan, having been murdered by a dark forest worshiping apprentice when she was weak from smoke inhalation, trying to catch back up with the clan in their evacuation. But now she was restored to her youth, restored to an unscathed, uninjured cat who no longer hurt.
"Greetings Russetswirl." Meowed the she-cat in a voice so gentle it had the power to lull a kit to sleep in mere seconds, no matter how feisty the youngster may be.

"With this life I give you love. Use it well to care for your clan when they need it the most, use it to strengthen those that are lonely and most of all, let it guide your heart." When the she-cat finished, she slowly craned her head forward to touch her nose to him to transfer the second life unto him.

After it had been given, she would flash a loving grin and step back into the misty grounds of Starclan to make way for the next life.
Willowpaw’s life was an emotional one, something he received from a cat that he’d known for quite a while, and a personal loss to him. He couldn’t recognize the second life-giver, however- she was a brown-and white cat, and her movements were swift and graceful, like a lilypad gliding across one of the river’s wider parts. Dipping his head towards Daisyfrost as she continued to introduce herself, almost surprised as she revealed that she knew his name- though he realized the cats of Starclan most likely knew the names of every cat they spoke to. His paws felt heavy as he passed forwards to receive his second life from the molly, knowing that his first one took a toll on his own body, but that eventually, it would wear off- leaving him to feel stronger than he was a few moments before, a new value being instilled into his head with every life given to the russet-colored tom. However, touching Daisyfrost’s nose gently, he didn't feel the pain that came with his first installment- rather, a warm and fuzzy feeling leaking into his heart, a feeling that told him to protect everyone in his clan, and to love them as if they were his own kin. Stepping away from the cat, he wore a smile on his maw instead of the melancholy expression when he was receiving life from Willowpaw. "Thank you."
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:57 PM
def back now

Bump Policy: 24-48 hours
My Mood: Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
Willowpaw’s life was an emotional one, something he received from a cat that he’d known for quite a while, and a personal loss to him. He couldn’t recognize the second life-giver, however- she was a brown-and white cat, and her movements were swift and graceful, like a lilypad gliding across one of the river’s wider parts. Dipping his head towards Daisyfrost as she continued to introduce herself, almost surprised as she revealed that she knew his name- though he realized the cats of Starclan most likely knew the names of every cat they spoke to. His paws felt heavy as he passed forwards to receive his second life from the molly, knowing that his first one took a toll on his own body, but that eventually, it would wear off- leaving him to feel stronger than he was a few moments before, a new value being instilled into his head with every life given to the russet-colored tom. However, touching Daisyfrost’s nose gently, he didn't feel the pain that came with his first installment- rather, a warm and fuzzy feeling leaking into his heart, a feeling that told him to protect everyone in his clan, and to love them as if they were his own kin. Stepping away from the cat, he wore a smile on his maw instead of the melancholy expression when he was receiving life from Willowpaw. "Thank you."
When it was her turn the mackerel molly took her step forward to give the new leader a life. Unlike the others her steps were more slowly and almost shyly. She had lost her life in the liberation that had swept through her home. She was trying her hardest to protect one of her kits from a supporter but neither made it . looking now she couldn't help but not recognize the cat never having the chance to run into the arrior during gatherings. Dipping her head she said softly " Hello Russetswirl" given the chance of being the third in one she manged to catch their name before it was her turn. Standing up rightly she gave the male a gentle look "With this life I give you risk taking, there will be times in which you have to do the unthinkable and it may never end in the way you wish for it to go. Use this life tolead your clan through those times. We know you'll do well" when she had completed that she drained her neck forward pressing her nose to the other.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:24 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

After awaking in the dream with the tawny tom, Geckoleaf had hurriedly stepped off to the side, her semi-physical body hard to operate. She still had issues getting used to moving in the realm of StarClan; their bodies were something strange and different. Eyes focused on the leader, she smoothly sank into a sitting position, just a aloof from the ranks of starry warriors. The medicine cat swished her feathery tail over the soft dirt, and wrapped it around her paws, before she her focus back to Rowanswirl.
She watched as he received each life bravely, but she could see the Ben that wracked him underneath the surface. Being a medicine cat, she tried to heal others, to take their pain away and give them the best possible life. And to see someone suffering, without being able to do anything, hurt. But she knew it was for the best; the feline would come out of this stronger, and better than he would be otherwise.
Shifting her blue orbs towards the left, her gaze focused on the ranks of cats, who she assumed were mostly RiverClanners. She stared at them, wondering if any her ancestors were their to view the shift of power. She spied a cat, seated in the far back who shared a strange resemblance to her; light orange fur, with dark tabby stripes, the same blue eyes, and the peculiar thin white marking down the chest that she and her mother shared. She had always wished to meet them, but had no such luck. Now would be no different; as soon as Russetswirl was named Russetstar they would be placed back into the real realm.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:37 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey.freckled View Post

When it was her turn the mackerel molly took her step forward to give the new leader a life. Unlike the others her steps were more slowly and almost shyly. She had lost her life in the liberation that had swept through her home. She was trying her hardest to protect one of her kits from a supporter but neither made it . looking now she couldn't help but not recognize the cat never having the chance to run into the arrior during gatherings. Dipping her head she said softly " Hello Russetswirl" given the chance of being the third in one she manged to catch their name before it was her turn. Standing up rightly she gave the male a gentle look "With this life I give you risk taking, there will be times in which you have to do the unthinkable and it may never end in the way you wish for it to go. Use this life tolead your clan through those times. We know you'll do well" when she had completed that she drained her neck forward pressing her nose to the other.
Hiddenvoice. Russetswirl recognized her name- she was one of the casualties of Thunderclan’s liberation, the battle he didn’t get a chance to participate in. The tom was too busy trying to heal up from the previous battles to take a part in the fight, though he could hear murmurs of sadness from the maws of many warriors about her when she’d passed, trying to protect somebody who meant a lot to her. As Daisyfrost disappeared, this new cat appeared to take her place- her mackerel tabby fur shining in the starlight. Dipping his head in respect to the warrior of Starclan, he noted that her life was one of risk-taking; was that what happened when she took a chance to try and protect that cat from the dark forest supporter, only for them both to end up dying and being sent to the afterlife? Some choices didn’t seem to always turn out correctly, but that was the point of being able to take risks. You had to be able to make choices in an instant, and risk your own life to protect those of your family, and as a leader- his own clan. Touching noses with Hiddenvoice, this life raged through him like a roaring fox, sparking a feeling of energy and the need to make desicions in an instant- it was impulse, the idea that he could be able to risk it all for the lives of those he served. It tore through him, and the pain was almost as terrible as what happened with his first life, but he was slightly more used to it, and tried his best to recover quickly from the waves of hurt. “I’ll make you proud.” He nodded to the Starclan she-cat as she stepped away, looking around himself for a second as he let out a sigh, almost out of breath after that life.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:38 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Since his death generations ago, Aconiteheart had only participated in one leader ceremony: Almondfall's, and in this occasion he saw no reason to change the advice he gave his friend. "Hello Russetswirl!" the spotted brown tom greeted as he stepped forward, taking the place of his companions that had already completed their life-giving duty. "You wouldn't know me, but I was one of SkyClan's first medicine cats. I figured, with all five clans united, it'd be nice to mix up leadership ceremonies! Our ancestors are the same after all, even when the living was separated."

"With this life I give you friendship, to savor every precious moment you have with them .. because you don't know how long they'll be around." He spoke from experience, watching countless friends he'd made over the course of both life and death vanish into nothing but a distant memory. Detaching his nose from Russetswirl's forehead when the life was transmitted, he returned to the ranks of the onlooking spirits.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:07 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
Since his death generations ago, Aconiteheart had only participated in one leader ceremony: Almondfall's, and in this occasion he saw no reason to change the advice he gave his friend. "Hello Russetswirl!" the spotted brown tom greeted as he stepped forward, taking the place of his companions that had already completed their life-giving duty. "You wouldn't know me, but I was one of SkyClan's first medicine cats. I figured, with all five clans united, it'd be nice to mix up leadership ceremonies! Our ancestors are the same after all, even when the living was separated."

"With this life I give you friendship, to savor every precious moment you have with them .. because you don't know how long they'll be around." He spoke from experience, watching countless friends he'd made over the course of both life and death vanish into nothing but a distant memory. Detaching his nose from Russetswirl's forehead when the life was transmitted, he returned to the ranks of the onlooking spirits.
He didn’t recognize the fourth tom, as well- but he could understand that, as he introduced himself as an ancestor of Skyclan, the lost clan which had only just now joined their forest, assimilating into the forest besides their own clan territories- their leader went under the name Grousestar, and they freed every one of the four other clans from their occupation under cruel cats, one who supported the dark forest and the bloodshed it brought onto others. They were a brave group of cats, and he was inclined to pass that respect onto Aconiteheart as he introduced himself, dipping his head once again to the cat- he seemed to be older than most of the other cats who'd given him lives, at least in the time he'd been deceased- one of their first medicine cats. Looking over towards Geckoleaf for a brief moment, he gave his own medicine cat a quick smile, trying to assure her that he was doing alright- though the pain the lives gave to him didn't exactly help that notion.

As the Starclan cat touched his forehead, he realized that this life was a lot like the one of love, at first- but that last sentence was what sealed the deal for the thoughts which would come rushing in as the life was given-
"Because you don't know how long they'll be around." Memories of Shellfeather, the mate who suddenly left him, disappearing out of nowhere; of his brother and sister, who'd betrayed his trust in them and did terrible things, both gone from the ranks of Riverclan. He thought of Crowpaw and Specklepaw, and Willowpaw as well- every single life that had been taken from him as soon as he placed his trust, in different ways. "...Thank you- for everything your clan has done for us." He uttered out, though his face was distraught- these thoughts, they hurt more than anything else, and it reminded him how truly fragile life was.
Old December 24th, 2016, 12:03 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Now it was the small tom's turn. In the ranks, he was fairly bright, a newer spirit, but all the same, not as new as the lives lost in the liberation battles. In life the black and white feline was taken in his early moons by an unknown illness. As much as his mother and father wanted him to live, no matter how many herbs were used, the young tom never got better. It seemed to be a delayed death. Even so, the young feline never went a day without a smile and never went a day without giving something to someone else or helping someone else. He was a good spirit taken too early from the world. With small strides, he padded up to Russetswirl after Aconiteheart joined back with the ranks. His black and white patched pelt was sparkling with the stars, his yellow hues bright with honor and joy.

"Hello Russetswirl, my name's Patchkit! I used to live in Windclan," he meowed cheerily, gazing up at the older tom. Although that cheeriness changed to something a bit more serious once he knew the words he was to use. "With this life, I give you generosity," while he was speaking, Patchkit rose up onto his hind legs to reach the older tom's head. "Use it to care for not only your clan mates, but the other clans and cats around you too; to give as much or help as much as you can and not to expect much in return," he tapped his nose to Russetswirl's forehead and once the life was given, he got back down on all four and took a last look at the tom. "Be wise when using it," he cautioned before turning and joining the Starclan ranks once more.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; December 24th, 2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old December 24th, 2016, 01:08 AM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post
Now it was the small tom's turn. In the ranks, he was fairly bright, a newer spirit, but all the same, not as new as the lives lost in the liberation battles. In life the black and white feline was taken in his early moons by an unknown illness. As much as his mother and father wanted him to live, no matter how many herbs were used, the young tom never got better. It seemed to be a delayed death. Even so, the young feline never went a day without a smile and never went a day without giving something to someone else or helping someone else. He was a good spirit taken too early from the world. With small strides, he padded up to Russetswirl after Aconiteheart joined back with the ranks. His black and white patched pelt was sparkling with the stars, his yellow hues bright with honor and joy.

"Hello Russetswirl, my name's Patchkit! I used to live in Windclan," he meowed cheerily, gazing up at the older tom. Although that cheeriness changed to something a bit more serious once he knew the words he was to use. "With this life, I give you generosity," while he was speaking, Patchkit rose up onto his hind legs to reach the older tom's head. "Use it to care for not only your clan mates, but the other clans and cats around you too; to give as much or help as much as you can and not to expect much in return," he tapped his nose to Russetswirl's forehead and once the life was given, he got back down on all four and took a last look at the tom. "Be wise when using it," he cautioned before turning and joining the Starclan ranks once more.
The next life he was supposed to be given was from a cat much smaller than he was- a young kit, apparently, who had lost his life earlier than he should have. A black-and white tom whose starry paws reminded him of the fact that there were no many cats that hadn’t lived to see their full potential yet, some who died without being able to speak a single word, to anybody. It was a terrifying thing, to know that so many kits resided up here in the realm of the dead, but at least it was comforting to know that they were in the paws of the stars, and that they didn’t reside in the shadowy trees of the dark forest, instead. Looking down towards his newest visitor, he smiled slightly at the young cat’s attempt to touch him on his forehead, lowering his body a touch so it could be a bit easier. The life of generosity- being thankful for what you have, and giving everything you can to your clanmates whenever the chance is presented. It was a feeling of fluttery happiness, like he was doing something to make others feel good about themselves. No pain came with this life, only the feeling of joy- of being generous, and giving up what you had to help others who were in need. It was why leaders were given nine lives- to use them in order to help their clanmates. You are given lives to sacrifice them, because being a leader means protecting your clan at all costs necessary. “Thank you, Patchkit.” He smiled- it was the same thing he’d said all throughout this ceremony, but for this one kit, it was filled with emotion, with happiness as he spoke. “Thank you.”