Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 01:41 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Seamrog
Today 01:38 PM
ShadowClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 01:32 PM
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by Lucythecat
Today 01:22 PM

Old March 21st, 2018, 03:14 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
(It's alright. Stuff has been a little crazy for me lately, so I'm behind.)

"One mouth on me is all Starclan could handle," Shinefang quipped back as he heard the sound of the Skyclan leader chomping through the thick, rather tasteless herb. Shinefang listened with cheeks full of pulped elder leaves to the shecat react to his diagnosis, unmoved by her outrage. With and undignified "hurk" the tom spat the bitter leaf pulp onto his paw and scraped it off into a hollowed out cobnut he had nearby. "Keep walking on it, and you'll earn a reputation for the cat with the worst permanent limp in the clan," he replied matter of factly, gently pushing the cobnut to his side as he heard Grousestar approaching. "Go ahead and spit it right in here," he said without looking at the leader. Then all at once, he poked a paw in her direction and said. "See what I'm saying? No patience with these warriors."
The tabby leader gave a small grunt of amusement of the medicine cat's comment, the tip of his tail flickering as he chuckled inwardly. Relieved to find the herb relatively tasteless, the chewing got done fairly quickly and he soon enough made his way over to Barbedfall's nest and Shinefang's side, looking to the older tom for the next instructions.
"Look, I get it, you're the expert on this. But seriously, is there anyway I can do some exercises? Keep in shape? Because I have got to stay active. I'm not about to lose my title just because of some dumb old crow!
Not speaking about you of course. You're a smart old crow.
" Barbedfall flicked and lashed her tail impatiently, eye's flickering over to the clan leader for a moment, having just realized he was actually there. What was he doing in here? Was he still sick or something? For once, she managed to hold her tongue and not blurt out the things on her mind. She could at least do that for the clan leader.
Grousestar snorted quietly in amusement at the rambling of the warrior before stooping his head down to spit what he had in his mouth right into the cobnut, making sure he got every last bit out of his mouth before crinkling his nose. "Oh I see. I see. But, she is one of the better tree-climbers of the clan. I can understand where she's coming from."
"See??" Barbedfall piped up, absolutely beaming from the compliment, though managing to choke it back enough to not appear entirely phased.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old March 21st, 2018, 10:39 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Caliapaw hadn’t treated any kits yet, but the information about the poppy seeds was good to know - Wheatfur hadn’t told her that. ”I’ve seen all of this in the medicine cat den…” She mewed to herself, glancing at the different things he had pulled down. She hadn’t known about broom - she was trying to remember if Wheatfur had ever mentioned it, but as far as she knew, he hadn’t. Comfrey was more familiar, and Caliapaw was pretty sure he had already mentioned something about it being good for broken bones, but she couldn’t quite recall.

At least she knew it now, since it was likely some young apprentice would come in one day having broken their leg or paw or something like that falling out of a tree. Taking a risk, or something along those lines. “Thank you, Shinefang, you’ve been very helpful.” The medicine cat mewed politely, with a brief smile to the tom. ”I don’t think so, I should… I should get back soon. Just in case anything’s come up.” Caliapaw was a little more comfortable in the SkyClan medicine cat den than she had been before - since Shinefang was being so welcoming and friendly towards her - but she liked her own den more. There was nothing like home, and while she might not always have felt accepted in her own Clan, at least there were places where she could go and hide. Caliapaw often wondered what it would be like if Wheatfur were still alive, if she could go to him and talk when she needed help.

”Thank you again for the herbs, and the information.” The she cat mewed, picking up the herbs that she needed and shifting her weight a little to see if there was anything else he needed. Hopefully she would be able to help Shinefang sometime in the future. This was her first encounter with a medicine cat outside of ThunderClan, and she wasn’t sure if she’d liked it or not. She’d come a long way - but she wasn’t sure about ShadowClan, and Juniperpaw wasn’t much older than she was (since Caliapaw had been hoping for SOME advice) and Wheatfur hadn’t spoken kindly of Surgestorm. So SkyClan had been her best option for the moment.
Shinefang watched in silence as the younger cat looked over his available herbs. But to his surprise, she rather abruptly announced that she had to leave. It was unlike his visits with other medicine cats. When Juniperpaw and Daydream came to visit they generally stayed for a while. The old tom frowned a little wondering if he had down or said something to offend her and in combing through the encounter quickly, he judged that by his own standards he had actually been on his best behavior for once. He raised an eyebrow. Thunderclan had been acting so odd lately. They hadn't even made it to the last gathering, which the old medicine cat was just dying to ask about. Not only that, but the apprentice just seemed uncomfortable in general and he couldn't put a paw on why that might be. Still, if she needed to be off, he supposed she should. After all, with her tending to Thunderclan on her own, and the way their luck had been she was likely one busy shecat. "Alright then. Safe journey," he said simply as he nudged the poppy seed packet closer to her again. "See you around."

Old March 23rd, 2018, 07:04 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Shinefang watched in silence as the younger cat looked over his available herbs. But to his surprise, she rather abruptly announced that she had to leave. It was unlike his visits with other medicine cats. When Juniperpaw and Daydream came to visit they generally stayed for a while. The old tom frowned a little wondering if he had down or said something to offend her and in combing through the encounter quickly, he judged that by his own standards he had actually been on his best behavior for once. He raised an eyebrow. Thunderclan had been acting so odd lately. They hadn't even made it to the last gathering, which the old medicine cat was just dying to ask about. Not only that, but the apprentice just seemed uncomfortable in general and he couldn't put a paw on why that might be. Still, if she needed to be off, he supposed she should. After all, with her tending to Thunderclan on her own, and the way their luck had been she was likely one busy shecat. "Alright then. Safe journey," he said simply as he nudged the poppy seed packet closer to her again. "See you around."
Caliapaw wasn’t sure what she was supposed to do in this situation, mostly. She hadn’t ever interacted with someone as old as Shinefang appeared, and she certainly hadn’t interacted with SkyClan at all. She’d seen them at Gatherings before - when she was still a warrior apprentice, when she’d gone to her first Gathering, she had seen SkyClan warriors and apprentices… but she hadn’t talked to any of them. They’d been new for her, and Caliapaw wasn’t a fan of change. ”Thank you. I’ll see you at the next Gathering.” Caliapaw picked up the herbs she had come from, her tail twitching uncomfortably as she turned and left the medicine cat den. She wasn’t sure how she had just done that - a moon ago, she wouldn’t have come. She would have done the best she could with the herbs she had. But slowly, surely, she was getting used to the medicine cat lifestyle. Perhaps next time she saw Shinefang, when she felt more comfortable, she would be able to ask different questions. Better questions. Maybe, she could ask him more about how different herbs worked - this time, Caliapaw just hadn’t been able to push herself to do that. She wasn’t shy, necessarily… but she hated not being independant. Maybe someday she would learn a healthy in between.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 24th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
The tabby leader gave a small grunt of amusement of the medicine cat's comment, the tip of his tail flickering as he chuckled inwardly. Relieved to find the herb relatively tasteless, the chewing got done fairly quickly and he soon enough made his way over to Barbedfall's nest and Shinefang's side, looking to the older tom for the next instructions.
"Look, I get it, you're the expert on this. But seriously, is there anyway I can do some exercises? Keep in shape? Because I have got to stay active. I'm not about to lose my title just because of some dumb old crow!
Not speaking about you of course. You're a smart old crow.
" Barbedfall flicked and lashed her tail impatiently, eye's flickering over to the clan leader for a moment, having just realized he was actually there. What was he doing in here? Was he still sick or something? For once, she managed to hold her tongue and not blurt out the things on her mind. She could at least do that for the clan leader.
Grousestar snorted quietly in amusement at the rambling of the warrior before stooping his head down to spit what he had in his mouth right into the cobnut, making sure he got every last bit out of his mouth before crinkling his nose. "Oh I see. I see. But, she is one of the better tree-climbers of the clan. I can understand where she's coming from."
"See??" Barbedfall piped up, absolutely beaming from the compliment, though managing to choke it back enough to not appear entirely phased.
"And don't you forget it," Shinefang murmured under his breath at the 'smart old crow' comment. The old tom was about to simply dismiss the shecat's worries about her reputation and tell her that a couple days of rest wouldn't hurt her nearly as much as it would help her heal, but much to his chagrin, Grousestar has chimed in to defend her worries about her precious reputation. Shinefang's looked quickly between the two cats, suddenly feeling outnumbered, and snorting with annoyance he leered at the Skyclan leader in a 'who's side are you on?' manner before turning back to Barbedfall and heaving a melodramatic sigh. "Alright alright. You want something to do to keep yourself in shape? Fine. But I'm gonna go ahead and tell you right away, I haven't designed exercises for cats before, so I'm going to suggest a couple things and we'll give them a try. When you do though, it's important that you're honest with me. If I ask you if doing one movement bothers your injury at all and you lie and try to gut it out anyway, you might really hurt yourself. Deal?" Shinefang aimed another quick glance at Grousestar. On one paw, he could see where the leader was coming from. As a cat who relished his time being active, he should have expected the young tom would have a soft spot for a warrior who wanted to maintain her own athletic abilities. And if he were being honest, in a case like this where she wasn't ill, it didn't seem so far-fetched to give her something to do to maintain her strength. It would just require a little more thought and creativity on his part.

Old March 27th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
"And don't you forget it," Shinefang murmured under his breath at the 'smart old crow' comment. The old tom was about to simply dismiss the shecat's worries about her reputation and tell her that a couple days of rest wouldn't hurt her nearly as much as it would help her heal, but much to his chagrin, Grousestar has chimed in to defend her worries about her precious reputation. Shinefang's looked quickly between the two cats, suddenly feeling outnumbered, and snorting with annoyance he leered at the Skyclan leader in a 'who's side are you on?' manner before turning back to Barbedfall and heaving a melodramatic sigh. "Alright alright. You want something to do to keep yourself in shape? Fine. But I'm gonna go ahead and tell you right away, I haven't designed exercises for cats before, so I'm going to suggest a couple things and we'll give them a try. When you do though, it's important that you're honest with me. If I ask you if doing one movement bothers your injury at all and you lie and try to gut it out anyway, you might really hurt yourself. Deal?" Shinefang aimed another quick glance at Grousestar. On one paw, he could see where the leader was coming from. As a cat who relished his time being active, he should have expected the young tom would have a soft spot for a warrior who wanted to maintain her own athletic abilities. And if he were being honest, in a case like this where she wasn't ill, it didn't seem so far-fetched to give her something to do to maintain her strength. It would just require a little more thought and creativity on his part.
To say in the least, Grousestar did not miss the rather comical reaction Shinefang had as he suddenly agreed with the warrior, not quite able to hide the amused grin that formed on his muzzle either. It wasn't necessarily that he was choosing sides, but rather, he was looking at the issue through both points of view and could understand what both were saying. The tabby's tail flicked lightly in dismissal at the medicine cat's dramatic sigh, taking a seat to curiously peer at the cobnut with the chewed plants in it, curious as to what they would be used for and how they would help. But he wouldn't ask directly, if Shinefang wished for him to know, then he would say it aloud for him to hear, otherwise, he could go without knowing.
Barbedfall perked up as the older tom gave in to her request for exercises to keep in shape, a somewhat smug grin placed on her muzzle before she decided to get ride of it in case it might cause him to revoke his choice. "Sounds like a good deal to me. Thank you." Despite her general love for arguing, the warrior decided it would be best if she just let this one go. Or else she really might just lay in this nest the entire time and grow fat and stupid like a kittypet.
"So what next Shinefang? Surely you're not just going to let my hard work go to waste in this shell thing right?" As he mentioned the 'shell thing', Grousestar would paw lightly at the cobnut before looking to the medicine cat with a bright and innocent grin.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old March 31st, 2018, 06:14 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
A thousand thoughts ran through Shinefang’s mind at once as he stared coldly at the kit while she choked back tears. How had she gotten to the dark forest? Why was she being spirited there in her dreams? Was there a way to stop it? He’d never heard of a cat just being transported there. There had always been an element of choice. Though Eveningkit was upset about it now, that didn’t mean she always had been. And what’s more, it didn’t mean her feelings would stay the same if she kept going there. These visits had to end. But how? After a pregnant pause, Shinefang asked her. “Do you go every night in your dreams? Are there some days you don’t? And if so, what is different about these nights?”
(pregnant pause? Lol- again, appologies, I don’t get all my notificatations)
Eveningkit blinked realising he was upset knowing she went their,” No I don’t go every night. I never have gone on a full moon, when the warriors are at the gathering, maybe because Starclan overpowers them on full moon. And Sometimes when I’m extremely tired I don’t go there, but that’s atleast from what I observe about it.” She meowed trying to think harder about it.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old April 1st, 2018, 01:40 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
To say in the least, Grousestar did not miss the rather comical reaction Shinefang had as he suddenly agreed with the warrior, not quite able to hide the amused grin that formed on his muzzle either. It wasn't necessarily that he was choosing sides, but rather, he was looking at the issue through both points of view and could understand what both were saying. The tabby's tail flicked lightly in dismissal at the medicine cat's dramatic sigh, taking a seat to curiously peer at the cobnut with the chewed plants in it, curious as to what they would be used for and how they would help. But he wouldn't ask directly, if Shinefang wished for him to know, then he would say it aloud for him to hear, otherwise, he could go without knowing.
Barbedfall perked up as the older tom gave in to her request for exercises to keep in shape, a somewhat smug grin placed on her muzzle before she decided to get ride of it in case it might cause him to revoke his choice. "Sounds like a good deal to me. Thank you." Despite her general love for arguing, the warrior decided it would be best if she just let this one go. Or else she really might just lay in this nest the entire time and grow fat and stupid like a kittypet.
"So what next Shinefang? Surely you're not just going to let my hard work go to waste in this shell thing right?" As he mentioned the 'shell thing', Grousestar would paw lightly at the cobnut before looking to the medicine cat with a bright and innocent grin.
Shinefang flicked his tail dismissively at Grousestar, somewhat amused by his eagerness to see the herb concoction he helped make put into use, but concentrating now on how to accommodate Barbedfall. "Keep your fur on, Grousestar. I'm thinking of some exercises. I can't go slapping on healing herbs before she's tried them. The herbs may affect her ability to tell us if the stretches are too painful." The old medicine cat turned toward the leader and tapped his own head with his paw in a sort of 'think about it' gesture, before turning back to Barbedfall. "Let's see here..." he muttered to himself, pausing to consider some options. "This ought to be simple enough. How about you try lifting your body with just your uninjured legs, then slowly setting yourself back into the nest. See if that aggravates your injured leg at all." He gave the shecat another serious look and added, "And be honest."

Old April 2nd, 2018, 07:53 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Shinefang flicked his tail dismissively at Grousestar, somewhat amused by his eagerness to see the herb concoction he helped make put into use, but concentrating now on how to accommodate Barbedfall. "Keep your fur on, Grousestar. I'm thinking of some exercises. I can't go slapping on healing herbs before she's tried them. The herbs may affect her ability to tell us if the stretches are too painful." The old medicine cat turned toward the leader and tapped his own head with his paw in a sort of 'think about it' gesture, before turning back to Barbedfall. "Let's see here..." he muttered to himself, pausing to consider some options. "This ought to be simple enough. How about you try lifting your body with just your uninjured legs, then slowly setting yourself back into the nest. See if that aggravates your injured leg at all." He gave the shecat another serious look and added, "And be honest."
Huffing out in mock impatience, the leader would roll his eyes playfully as if he were an apprentice again, waiting for his mentor to get on with the cool battle moves instead of carrying on with a lecture. But deep down, he was more than happy to let the medicine cat have all of the time in the world to get what he needed done. He had no clue of the troubles the older tom went through, the heartache of losing a patient you worked so hard in trying to keep alive, he had no clue about being a medicine cat. So if Shinefang needed to wait a hundred moons before he had to use that concoction on Barbedfall {which is an exaggeration of course!}, then he would sit by and wait. All good things to those who wait right?
The long furred tabby looked to the medicine cat as he playfully chastised the leader before addressing her, coming up with a quick exercise to determine what she was capable of doing without it hurting. Flicking an ear at the instructions, she shifted about in the nest. "Yes, yes, honest answer, got it." She grumbled out, flicking the end of her tail before slowly rising up using her other three legs, careful not to put any wait on her injured one, holding it for a moment, testing how it felt, before slowly laying back down with a huff. "Didn't hurt too much, only when I moved around to stand properly on my other three legs did I feel some pain. Not much though, probably accidentally put some wait on it to get myself up or something." She explained to the medicine cat, head raised as if to challenge him to tell her that she wasn't being honest about her answer.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old April 8th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Huffing out in mock impatience, the leader would roll his eyes playfully as if he were an apprentice again, waiting for his mentor to get on with the cool battle moves instead of carrying on with a lecture. But deep down, he was more than happy to let the medicine cat have all of the time in the world to get what he needed done. He had no clue of the troubles the older tom went through, the heartache of losing a patient you worked so hard in trying to keep alive, he had no clue about being a medicine cat. So if Shinefang needed to wait a hundred moons before he had to use that concoction on Barbedfall {which is an exaggeration of course!}, then he would sit by and wait. All good things to those who wait right?
The long furred tabby looked to the medicine cat as he playfully chastised the leader before addressing her, coming up with a quick exercise to determine what she was capable of doing without it hurting. Flicking an ear at the instructions, she shifted about in the nest. "Yes, yes, honest answer, got it." She grumbled out, flicking the end of her tail before slowly rising up using her other three legs, careful not to put any wait on her injured one, holding it for a moment, testing how it felt, before slowly laying back down with a huff. "Didn't hurt too much, only when I moved around to stand properly on my other three legs did I feel some pain. Not much though, probably accidentally put some wait on it to get myself up or something." She explained to the medicine cat, head raised as if to challenge him to tell her that she wasn't being honest about her answer.
Shinefang nodded thoughtfully, as pleased as he was relieved that the warrior was actually listening to him about honesty. "Not a problem. That one may not be the one but we'll keep thinking." Shinefang hummed thoughtfully to himself as he swatted his tail against the floor of his den. As an older cat, it was difficult for him to remember a time when that sorts of strengthening movements Barbedfall was wanting to learn didn't cause some pain for him, and that made it difficult to pinpoint an exercise that may work. Narrowing his eye thoughtfully, he looked at the brown, tabby leader. "You know something, Grousestar, it's been a while since I've been young and spry enough to do some of these moves. If I could borrow you for a minute, maybe you can think of a stretch that lets her just use her good legs without putting pressure on the injured one?"

Old April 8th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
(pregnant pause? Lol- again, appologies, I don’t get all my notificatations)
Eveningkit blinked realising he was upset knowing she went their,” No I don’t go every night. I never have gone on a full moon, when the warriors are at the gathering, maybe because Starclan overpowers them on full moon. And Sometimes when I’m extremely tired I don’t go there, but that’s atleast from what I observe about it.” She meowed trying to think harder about it.
Shinefang's whiskers gave a twitch as he seized onto the information that Eveningkit had shared. "I wish I could tell you with complete certainty how to never go back there, kit. But Here is what I have for now. We can try it, and see how it goes." The medicine cat was calm and kept his voice kind as he spoke, trying to be reassuring. "If you don't tend to got there when you are tired, play hard and tire yourself out everyday, and when you become an apprentice, train hard. Train especially hard during claw moon and no moon. What do you think of that?"