Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 05:06 PM
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Fish
Today 04:53 PM
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 04:52 PM
Rabbits belong in warrens,...
by Rani
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 04:43 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by lark.
Today 04:42 PM

Old January 25th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang took another bite of the vole, chewing as he looked thoughtfully at the hunger cat. "I wouldn't sweat it, Rabbit. When you go back, you'll have quite the conversation starter." He swallowed, licking the last scraps of the meal from his white paws. "Making friends can be hard. But it's good to remember that you already have something in common with your denmates. Skyclan. You're all training to be warriors here." As an apprentice, Shinefang had been social. But his mother passed away less than a moon before his warrior ceremony. It had been the beginning of his withdrawal. Not to mention, after she died, he was left with his missing eye, and it hurt to see the look on other cat's faces. Their pitiable stares at the poor, broken apprentice... But he had still managed to stay keep the company of others well enough to meet his mate. And just like that, he felt his mood falter. "I think I may head to my nest now. If you need anything, wake me," he said, getting up.

Shinefang rolled his eye with a snort. "You young warriors. Always worried about failing. Wake up, Beebrain. Learning to be a mentor is no different from learning to hunt or fight. We start off being terrible, and then eventually if we keep trying we become almost not terrible. Work even harder and you might even be good someday. Grousestar knows that, and I guarantee you if he's seen Logpaw, he has an idea that he's not easy to teach," the old tom griped. It was the closest thing Beespirit could expect to see resembling encouragement from Shinefang. "In the mean time, why not ask the queens how they teach their wiley little broods to behave themselves. Considering we're not beating away mischievous kits right now, clearly they know something."
"Of course." She mewed "I guess...I have a friend here...I can come and talk to you from time to time right?" Gorsepaw spoke her thoughts. "I will." The tabby purred, settling down into her own nest.
Old January 25th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue jellie View Post
Helplessly standing on three paws and glancing into the den, she looked around warily before stepping quietly into the den. The snoring was loud enough to rattle the walls, and it seemed to do that as she approached his nest. Yowling to wake him up, she repeated the earlier phrase, nudging him a few times.
Shinefang snorted and turned over in his nest as the apprentice prodded him. "Paws off! That's my rabbit!" he growled sharply as he rolled onto his belly and glared angrily with his only eye at the apprentice. Then all at once, a look of confusion crossed his face and he looked around stupidly and sighed. "I didn't even get to taste it," he grumbled nonsensically, slapping his paw against the den floor in frustration. He shot an annoyed look at the little apprentice and blurted. "Kit, Skyclan had better be on fire. What is it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
"Of course." She mewed "I guess...I have a friend here...I can come and talk to you from time to time right?" Gorsepaw spoke her thoughts. "I will." The tabby purred, settling down into her own nest.
"Oh, if you must. I know life without seeing my beautiful face every waking moment is hardly a life," the tom griped playfully, laughing at his own joke as he made his way to his nest, grunting as he sank into the moss, and curled up to let the day carry off the worst of his pain.

Old January 25th, 2018, 09:28 PM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Shinefang snorted and turned over in his nest as the apprentice prodded him. "Paws off! That's my rabbit!" he growled sharply as he rolled onto his belly and glared angrily with his only eye at the apprentice. Then all at once, a look of confusion crossed his face and he looked around stupidly and sighed. "I didn't even get to taste it," he grumbled nonsensically, slapping his paw against the den floor in frustration. He shot an annoyed look at the little apprentice and blurted. "Kit, Skyclan had better be on fire. What is it?"
At the nickname, Wolfpaw couldn't help but blurt, "I'm actually an apprentice!" Her spirit poked through her nervousness every now and then, and given the chance, it could shove through. Hard. With a blush hid beneath her fur, she apologized, "Sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It was an honest mistake." Genuine shame showing in her eyes, she began to back out of the den, limping on three paws. "I'll come back when you're done sleeping."
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old January 25th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
At the nickname, Wolfpaw couldn't help but blurt, "I'm actually an apprentice!" Her spirit poked through her nervousness every now and then, and given the chance, it could shove through. Hard. With a blush hid beneath her fur, she apologized, "Sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It was an honest mistake." Genuine shame showing in her eyes, she began to back out of the den, limping on three paws. "I'll come back when you're done sleeping."
"Don't bother," Shinefang rasped, getting to his paws, "I only meant to nap anyway." He stretched his jaws in a wide yawn and shook the sleep from his head. Then he looked at the apprentice more closely. "These apprentices keep getting younger every season," he muttered to himself. "So then, what is it?" he asked, lifting his paw to wash the sleep-matted fur on his scarred face.

Old January 25th, 2018, 10:08 PM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
"Don't bother," Shinefang rasped, getting to his paws, "I only meant to nap anyway." He stretched his jaws in a wide yawn and shook the sleep from his head. Then he looked at the apprentice more closely. "These apprentices keep getting younger every season," he muttered to himself. "So then, what is it?" he asked, lifting his paw to wash the sleep-matted fur on his scarred face.
Creeping back inside, she sat down, lifting a paw. "This thorn... it's stuck in there really really good," Wolfpaw explained. Bristling a little bit, she spoke defiantly, "No we don't! We've been the same age since the beginning of the Clans! Just because I'm small doesn't mean I'm young!"
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old January 26th, 2018, 10:02 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Shinefang took another bite of the vole, chewing as he looked thoughtfully at the hunger cat. "I wouldn't sweat it, Rabbit. When you go back, you'll have quite the conversation starter." He swallowed, licking the last scraps of the meal from his white paws. "Making friends can be hard. But it's good to remember that you already have something in common with your denmates. Skyclan. You're all training to be warriors here." As an apprentice, Shinefang had been social. But his mother passed away less than a moon before his warrior ceremony. It had been the beginning of his withdrawal. Not to mention, after she died, he was left with his missing eye, and it hurt to see the look on other cat's faces. Their pitiable stares at the poor, broken apprentice... But he had still managed to stay keep the company of others well enough to meet his mate. And just like that, he felt his mood falter. "I think I may head to my nest now. If you need anything, wake me," he said, getting up.

Shinefang rolled his eye with a snort. "You young warriors. Always worried about failing. Wake up, Beebrain. Learning to be a mentor is no different from learning to hunt or fight. We start off being terrible, and then eventually if we keep trying we become almost not terrible. Work even harder and you might even be good someday. Grousestar knows that, and I guarantee you if he's seen Logpaw, he has an idea that he's not easy to teach," the old tom griped. It was the closest thing Beespirit could expect to see resembling encouragement from Shinefang. "In the mean time, why not ask the queens how they teach their wiley little broods to behave themselves. Considering we're not beating away mischievous kits right now, clearly they know something."
Beespirit nodded,” Your right. I can teach him to hunt through that kit game of mouse-and-warrior I guess. How to teach him to fight is beyond me. I don’t know many queens well though.” He meowed

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old January 26th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Creeping back inside, she sat down, lifting a paw. "This thorn... it's stuck in there really really good," Wolfpaw explained. Bristling a little bit, she spoke defiantly, "No we don't! We've been the same age since the beginning of the Clans! Just because I'm small doesn't mean I'm young!"
Shinefang leered at the little apprentice with an annoyed twitch of his tail. "Hey, Skyclan, lets all go wake up Shinefang from his nap so we can yell at him," the old tom murmured sarcastically under his breath. Next he held out his paw expectantly looking at the apprentice. "Give it here. Let me see it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
Beespirit nodded,” Your right. I can teach him to hunt through that kit game of mouse-and-warrior I guess. How to teach him to fight is beyond me. I don’t know many queens well though.” He meowed
"How nice, an opportunity to make friends," Shinefang remarked with thick mirth. "Now if that's all you'll be needing from me," he said, waving a paw at Beespirit in a shooing fashion. "Trying getting more on Logpaw's level, give it another moon, and let me know if you're still getting nowhere. Logpaw, it's been nice, but out you go."

Last edited by Charmer; January 26th, 2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old January 27th, 2018, 01:52 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:

"Oh, if you must. I know life without seeing my beautiful face every waking moment is hardly a life," the tom griped playfully, laughing at his own joke as he made his way to his nest, grunting as he sank into the moss, and curled up to let the day carry off the worst of his pain.
Gorsepaw chuckled then curled up and closed her eyes. The apprentice shuffled round, trying to get comfortable. After what seemed like seasons, Gorsepaw opened her eyes and stared at the bloody sky and it's orange sunset. Ugh, I can't sleep...maybe... She silently complained. Gorsepaw was planning on playing a bit or doing some activity to tire her out. The Molly pulled some moss from her bedding and rolled it into a little ball. She simply rolled it around in her brown paws for a while then kicked it so it hit the walls of the den. Eventually, the tabby ended up practicing her stalking and hunting. Gorsepaw knew she wasn't allowed to do apprentice duties but she just couldn't help herself. The apprentice yawned then stopped and decided to rest her head on the moss, finally drifting off to sleep.

When she woke up the next morning, Gorsepaw remembered what she was doing with the moss and saw it with her own yellow-green eyes. The ball had completely fallen apart now, a large chunk missing from the apprentice's nest. The floor was dusty but the worst of all, there were some herbs strewn on the ground. Letting out a little gasp, the she-cat raced over and started gathering them up and putting them into piles based on appearance and scent. Once all of them had been sorted, she looked for some empty gaps in the rock and shove them inside in panic. When she heard Cats stirring, she slumped back into her best and pretended to sleep.
Old January 27th, 2018, 03:34 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Shinefang leered at the little apprentice with an annoyed twitch of his tail. "Hey, Skyclan, lets all go wake up Shinefang from his nap so we can yell at him," the old tom murmured sarcastically under his breath. Next he held out his paw expectantly looking at the apprentice. "Give it here. Let me see it."

"How nice, an opportunity to make friends," Shinefang remarked with thick mirth. "Now if that's all you'll be needing from me," he said, waving a paw at Beespirit in a shooing fashion. "Trying getting more on Logpaw's level, give it another moon, and let me know if you're still getting nowhere. Logpaw, it's been nice, but out you go."
Beespirit smiled at Logpaw,” Grab the stick and go help the elder’s, see if you can do it fast enough the elder’s can’t start a story, think of it as a challenge.” He meowed ignoring the fact that that was impossible, it might keep him on task anyhow.

Logpaw ran out of the den full speed still slightly upset that the cat who he had decided was his first cat-friend named Shinefang shooed him away.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old January 27th, 2018, 06:03 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Shinefang's morning dose of willowbark had just kicked in. He was up and about going through his herbs stores while Gorsepaw and Streampaw slept in their nests. His comfrey was getting low. It was the only thing he knew to use on broken bones. And to be honest. He wasn't sure exactly how it helped them. He only knew that that's what medicine cats seem to put on broken bones. The old tom sighed. Why couldn't Ebonyfrost just stuck around long enough to teach his anything at all? He was working off of his limited knowledge from experience and guesswork. It had already cost an apprentice his life. What he needed was to talk to a medicine cat who was fully trained, but the closest one was Daydream in Shadowclan, and he had no idea how he was supposed to travel to see Daydream in this cold. Even willowbark wouldn't save his joints from the freezing temperatures as he made the trek to there and back. He'd have to stay a day to recover. Maybe more. And Skyclan would be left with no medicine cat in that time. He supposed he could send a warrior to fetch them, but the last time the Shadowclan cat had been to Skyclan was riddled with what had to be less than pleasant memories. He honestly doubted they'd come.

Just then, his ears perked up as he heard a voice that was all too familiar. He turned, not trusting his hearing. Sure enough, there was Daydream in his den entrance. He padded toward them. "Shh," he hushed quietly, giving his tail a point toward the sleeping apprentices. "You must be some kind of mind-reader. I was just thinking about you. Welcome," he meowed in a hushed voice.
"I have that sort of affect on cats, ive learned." they replied, voice much quieter when shinefang pointed out the sleeping apprentices in his den. it felt weird. teaching a cat older than you something new. daydream wasnt young anymore, but they were still up there. they were also, next to surgestorm, one of the few that were fully trained in their profession. and seeing as ebonymist hadnt stayed long enough to share her knowledge, daydream had to fill in the gaps. they didnt mind though, they didnt want shinefang to feel like they did when training. they didnt have a mentor, a few teachings from northpath and that was it. everything else was self taught through dangerous trail. so to spare a few lives and hassel, daydream was here. even if they complained and mumbled to themselves the entire way here about how cold it was compared to their short fur, or how long the damn walk was. deep down, they really didnt care.

"Im here to train you on a few things."