Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by Undertaker
Today 08:51 PM
ShadowClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Rose
Today 08:42 PM
Hi WCO!!!
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 08:25 PM
Warrior Name Game
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 08:15 PM
LF- VenomWink art.
Last post by Starphobia
Today 08:11 PM

Old January 6th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
[ No! No apologies! I know how busy you must be & I demand that this rp be on the bottom of your to-do-list ]

FeatherPaw felt warmth spread throughout her at his easy-going nature. She feared the worst of her mentor. For example, what if he had been harsh? If he had been quick to throw her into battle training? Of course, her mind automatically drew her to the worst case scenario ever. Her heart practically pounded against her chest, and she wondered if GrouseStar could hear it. She shuffled her paws anxiously, her gaze locked on her feet as she listened to him speak.

She silently thanked him for adjusting to her... her... disability? Her nature? Her anxiety. Whatever - she was just thankful to have such a nice mentor. FeatherPaw risked a brief glance at her mentor. He had a gentle smile that would relax anyone's tensed muscles - with the exception of FeatherPaw. Her movements were robotic, which such stiff muscles. GrouseStar looked like a warmhearted cat, and he most definitely proved that he was when he spoke. She averted her gaze, and instead, she looked at the leaf - er, `mouse` - he pointed out.

All she could do was stare blankly at the leaf for what seemed like ages. She didn't want to move in front of GrouseStar, as she was sure he'd be able to pick out a few of her flaws just by the way she walked. Heck, she was sure he found something wrong in just her appearance. She certainly did. She was born a jet-black molly, but as she aged, flecks of white began to paint her pelt. She hadn't thought very highly of herself before, personality-wise, but since the added specks of white, she hasn't thought very highly of herself both appearance-wise and personality-wise.

She didn't hear anything from GrouseStar except the faint laps of his tongue passing over his pelt. Tears flooded her eyes as she continued to stare at the leaf - but no, it was not the leaf that brought water to her eyes. She felt so strange in training - standing before her mentor who awaited her movement. FeatherPaw couldn't move. She couldn't. She bit back a sob, refusing to cry in front of others. Then she couldn't breathe, and she couldn't see. Everything before her was blurry. She shifted back, gasping for breath, and aggressively shaking her head as she repeatedly murmured the words `I can't` and `I'm sorry`. As she did this, she didn't look at GrouseStar as she expected to see him disappointed or furious with her cowardice. As she pictured her mentor's look, her gasping and words quickened - worsened. Her head swirled, her stomach ached uncomfortably, and her chest tightened. She couldn't think.
{All rps have equal importance to me so I'm not putting this one at the bottom of my list, but thank you for understanding! c:}

Despite what she might fear, Grousestar could most certainly not hear that little heart of hers beating in her chest, no matter how loud it sounded in her ears, though he could make a guess that it was at an abnormal rate, it usually was with nervous cats like her. He spoke to her in his usual, easy-going, calm and gentle manner, treating her with as much gentleness as he offers every other cat in the clan, perhaps even more so if that was even possible considering he cared for all cats of the clan.

Emerald eyes focused on her for a moment as she looked at the leaf he instructed could be used as a 'mouse', happy that she at least looked at it and appeared to give it some sort of thought, and then looked away again, knowing that direct eye contact could perhaps make her even more nervous. Instead, the tom looked up at the bare limbs of the trees above, that smile of his still on his muzzle, his gaze focusing on a black bird that chattered noisily, flitting from one branch to another, bobbing its head. Grousestar liked birds, he liked how free they were, how they could fly where they wished and the elegance that went with them, he truly admired them and they were perhaps his favorite species of prey. All the while he watched the bird in the canopy, he kept his ears trained on her, waiting to see if he could hear any sort of movement, though not expecting her to do anything.

All the while the molly stared at the leaf, the tom simply watched the bird until it eventually flew from sight, in which he would let out a soft, happy sigh, his gaze momentarily focusing back on his apprentice before he slowly laid down on the ground of the training grounds, neatly tucking his paws beneath himself and making himself looked comfortable and relaxed, another trick he had found that sometimes helped nervous cats. If you looked relaxed, sometimes they would relax a bit too, and again, he kept in mind to not look too long so that she would grow self-conscious or scared.

His gaze continuously made small journeys back to the young cat as the leader waited very patiently for her, in the meantime quietly cleaning his pelt. Though his ears perked up when he heard her pawsteps and gasp, his head quickly snapping up to look at the young she-cat with worry, seeing her stumble backwards and shake her head rather aggressively. Immediately the brown tabby was to his paws and whisking over, within seconds he was upon her, pressing against her side and wrapping his tail around her.
"Shh, it's okay Featherpaw. I'm not forcing you to do this, you do this when you're ready, take it easy hm?" Cooed the tom softly, making sure his tail wasn't coiled too tight around her knowing it could just be another thing that might freak her out even more, which was something he most certainly did not want to do.
"It's alright Featherpaw, I'm not going to get angry. I promise."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:28 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
{All rps have equal importance to me so I'm not putting this one at the bottom of my list, but thank you for understanding! c:}

Despite what she might fear, Grousestar could most certainly not hear that little heart of hers beating in her chest, no matter how loud it sounded in her ears, though he could make a guess that it was at an abnormal rate, it usually was with nervous cats like her. He spoke to her in his usual, easy-going, calm and gentle manner, treating her with as much gentleness as he offers every other cat in the clan, perhaps even more so if that was even possible considering he cared for all cats of the clan.

Emerald eyes focused on her for a moment as she looked at the leaf he instructed could be used as a 'mouse', happy that she at least looked at it and appeared to give it some sort of thought, and then looked away again, knowing that direct eye contact could perhaps make her even more nervous. Instead, the tom looked up at the bare limbs of the trees above, that smile of his still on his muzzle, his gaze focusing on a black bird that chattered noisily, flitting from one branch to another, bobbing its head. Grousestar liked birds, he liked how free they were, how they could fly where they wished and the elegance that went with them, he truly admired them and they were perhaps his favorite species of prey. All the while he watched the bird in the canopy, he kept his ears trained on her, waiting to see if he could hear any sort of movement, though not expecting her to do anything.

All the while the molly stared at the leaf, the tom simply watched the bird until it eventually flew from sight, in which he would let out a soft, happy sigh, his gaze momentarily focusing back on his apprentice before he slowly laid down on the ground of the training grounds, neatly tucking his paws beneath himself and making himself looked comfortable and relaxed, another trick he had found that sometimes helped nervous cats. If you looked relaxed, sometimes they would relax a bit too, and again, he kept in mind to not look too long so that she would grow self-conscious or scared.

His gaze continuously made small journeys back to the young cat as the leader waited very patiently for her, in the meantime quietly cleaning his pelt. Though his ears perked up when he heard her pawsteps and gasp, his head quickly snapping up to look at the young she-cat with worry, seeing her stumble backwards and shake her head rather aggressively. Immediately the brown tabby was to his paws and whisking over, within seconds he was upon her, pressing against her side and wrapping his tail around her.
"Shh, it's okay Featherpaw. I'm not forcing you to do this, you do this when you're ready, take it easy hm?" Cooed the tom softly, making sure his tail wasn't coiled too tight around her knowing it could just be another thing that might freak her out even more, which was something he most certainly did not want to do.
"It's alright Featherpaw, I'm not going to get angry. I promise."
[ You're too nice xD ]
[ I love what you wrote here - ``GrouseStar liked birds`` - it sounded so innocent in my mind; absolutely adorable cx ]

FeatherPaw flinched at GrouseStar's touch, but as soon as she adjusted, she sank into the warmth he offered her. ``I'm sorry,`` She cried, shaking her head softly. She continued to look sadly at the ground, her head turned so she was facing away from the tomcat. Her ears were folded back, and her eyes were shut tight as if it would clear her of tears, as if nobody would be able to see her embarrassing panic attack if she couldn't see them. She had fallen into a crouch, her chin resting on her paws, and her tail having quit moving due to nerves. She feared moving, but she didn't know why. She was eager to hide her face beneath her paws, but she was much too scared to move her head to do so.

She found comfort in his soothing voice that told her she wasn't being forced to stalk the leaf - er, mouse. Unfortunately, it was not enough to relax her as she continued to release dry sobs, and her muscles didn't stop being tense. FeatherPaw's chest heaved with every shaky inhale and exhale of breath, and she even dared to flex her toes despite her fear of movement at the moment. ``I-I can't breathe,`` She complained, leaning into GrouseStar as she focused on evening her breaths.

I can't. I can't. I'm sorry. I can't. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. These were the two statements that were being repeated, non-stop, in her mind. Otherwise, FeatherPaw couldn't think straight. Almost like she was lost in a flood, fighting to keep her head above the surface. Meanwhile, blurred figures threw objects at her, yowling harsh words, like they wanted her to drown. The figures were safe, on land, and every time she would try to lift herself onto the terrain, she would be pushed off. It was frustrating, and scary, as well as exhausting - she simply could not understand it. Her frequent panic attacks were frustrating, scary, exhausting, and difficult to understand.

FeatherPaw, unbeknownst to her, was cursed with severe anxiety and depression, and her self-confidence was exactly in the high range. She feared nearly everything, including herself. There was never an escape. If she were to pounce on a leaf pretending to be a mouse - panic attack. If she were to leave camp - panic attack. If she were to curl up for bed - panic attack. Not to mentions that her dark thoughts often put her down. However, she did try to add a positive touch to her mainly-negative nature. She'd tell herself `today will be the day! The day I have the confidence to face my fears!`` but it never happens. This only put her down even more.

GrouseStar had quite a challenge on his paws.
Old January 7th, 2017, 12:18 AM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
[ You're too nice xD ]
[ I love what you wrote here - ``GrouseStar liked birds`` - it sounded so innocent in my mind; absolutely adorable cx ]

FeatherPaw flinched at GrouseStar's touch, but as soon as she adjusted, she sank into the warmth he offered her. ``I'm sorry,`` She cried, shaking her head softly. She continued to look sadly at the ground, her head turned so she was facing away from the tomcat. Her ears were folded back, and her eyes were shut tight as if it would clear her of tears, as if nobody would be able to see her embarrassing panic attack if she couldn't see them. She had fallen into a crouch, her chin resting on her paws, and her tail having quit moving due to nerves. She feared moving, but she didn't know why. She was eager to hide her face beneath her paws, but she was much too scared to move her head to do so.

She found comfort in his soothing voice that told her she wasn't being forced to stalk the leaf - er, mouse. Unfortunately, it was not enough to relax her as she continued to release dry sobs, and her muscles didn't stop being tense. FeatherPaw's chest heaved with every shaky inhale and exhale of breath, and she even dared to flex her toes despite her fear of movement at the moment. ``I-I can't breathe,`` She complained, leaning into GrouseStar as she focused on evening her breaths.

I can't. I can't. I'm sorry. I can't. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. These were the two statements that were being repeated, non-stop, in her mind. Otherwise, FeatherPaw couldn't think straight. Almost like she was lost in a flood, fighting to keep her head above the surface. Meanwhile, blurred figures threw objects at her, yowling harsh words, like they wanted her to drown. The figures were safe, on land, and every time she would try to lift herself onto the terrain, she would be pushed off. It was frustrating, and scary, as well as exhausting - she simply could not understand it. Her frequent panic attacks were frustrating, scary, exhausting, and difficult to understand.

FeatherPaw, unbeknownst to her, was cursed with severe anxiety and depression, and her self-confidence was exactly in the high range. She feared nearly everything, including herself. There was never an escape. If she were to pounce on a leaf pretending to be a mouse - panic attack. If she were to leave camp - panic attack. If she were to curl up for bed - panic attack. Not to mentions that her dark thoughts often put her down. However, she did try to add a positive touch to her mainly-negative nature. She'd tell herself `today will be the day! The day I have the confidence to face my fears!`` but it never happens. This only put her down even more.

GrouseStar had quite a challenge on his paws.
{Aw, well I'm glad you think so xD}
{Yeah, Grouse is an innocent little babe, he doesn't even understand what love is, so pure }

"Don't apologize, there's nothing to apologize for, you're alright." Breathed the tom gently, brushing the tip of his tail along her shoulder and gently resting his chin on tom of her head, in a way trying to shield her from the outside world, to shield her from whatever demons plagued her mind and caused her to react so negatively. That's what Grousestar wanted to do so desperately bad, to shield her from that fear, her inner demons, so that she could live a normal life because he knew, he just knew that this young molly had to be suffering if she were this nervous and scared all of the time. He wanted to help her so desperately bad, she was his apprentice and she was a valuable member to his clan.

Nonetheless, the tom continued to gently brush the tip of his tail along her shoulder as a human might gently rub someone else's back to help soothe them, lifting his chin from her head to look over her nervously, almost seeming to make sure there was no outward sign of injury, just wanting to be absolutely positive that she didn't have an illness or infected wound, anything of the sort. "You can breathe Featherpaw, you're just breathing too fast and shallow and are scaring yourself. You're alright." Reassured the tabby, continuing to soothingly brush at her shoulder with his tail that was loosely curled around her.

"It's alright, just focus on getting your breathing back to normal. Just know you're in a safe place and I would never let any harm occur to you, alright?" Purred out the tom quietly, his gaze slowly looking up at the canopy again to find that the black bird was back, a small smile turning the corners of his muzzle upwards.

"Do you see that bird up there Featherpaw? That's a black bird. They're just like a crow and a raven, but they're smaller. They're not as smart either, but aren't they just so pretty? Don't you think it's beautiful how they can fly wherever they want, just on the whim of thought?" Questioned the tom, still looking up at the bird with bright eyes, his tail still brushing along her shoulder. It was a genuine question, but also a tactic to get her mind off of whatever had caused her panic attack. He's never actually dealt with a cat who's had one, but he's got a decent idea of what to do and figured he was helping, or at least helping to the best of his ability. Grousestar might have a challenge, but I believe you just happened upon one of the most patient cats in Skyclan.

Grousestar would be more than happy to spend an eternity helping this young molly best her anxiety and depression and that was the absolute truth.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old January 12th, 2017, 06:21 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
{Aw, well I'm glad you think so xD}
{Yeah, Grouse is an innocent little babe, he doesn't even understand what love is, so pure }

"Don't apologize, there's nothing to apologize for, you're alright." Breathed the tom gently, brushing the tip of his tail along her shoulder and gently resting his chin on tom of her head, in a way trying to shield her from the outside world, to shield her from whatever demons plagued her mind and caused her to react so negatively. That's what Grousestar wanted to do so desperately bad, to shield her from that fear, her inner demons, so that she could live a normal life because he knew, he just knew that this young molly had to be suffering if she were this nervous and scared all of the time. He wanted to help her so desperately bad, she was his apprentice and she was a valuable member to his clan.

Nonetheless, the tom continued to gently brush the tip of his tail along her shoulder as a human might gently rub someone else's back to help soothe them, lifting his chin from her head to look over her nervously, almost seeming to make sure there was no outward sign of injury, just wanting to be absolutely positive that she didn't have an illness or infected wound, anything of the sort. "You can breathe Featherpaw, you're just breathing too fast and shallow and are scaring yourself. You're alright." Reassured the tabby, continuing to soothingly brush at her shoulder with his tail that was loosely curled around her.

"It's alright, just focus on getting your breathing back to normal. Just know you're in a safe place and I would never let any harm occur to you, alright?" Purred out the tom quietly, his gaze slowly looking up at the canopy again to find that the black bird was back, a small smile turning the corners of his muzzle upwards.

"Do you see that bird up there Featherpaw? That's a black bird. They're just like a crow and a raven, but they're smaller. They're not as smart either, but aren't they just so pretty? Don't you think it's beautiful how they can fly wherever they want, just on the whim of thought?" Questioned the tom, still looking up at the bird with bright eyes, his tail still brushing along her shoulder. It was a genuine question, but also a tactic to get her mind off of whatever had caused her panic attack. He's never actually dealt with a cat who's had one, but he's got a decent idea of what to do and figured he was helping, or at least helping to the best of his ability. Grousestar might have a challenge, but I believe you just happened upon one of the most patient cats in Skyclan.

Grousestar would be more than happy to spend an eternity helping this young molly best her anxiety and depression and that was the absolute truth.
Featherpaw fought to balance her shaky breaths, her gaze locked on the ground before her as she struggled to focus. She was genuinely grateful for Grousestar's company, although there was that ounce of irritation in her in which she felt for him. Shut up! But as quickly as it had grown, her frustration with him disappeared - which was quick. It was replaced with self-pity and sadness. He doesn't know. He doesn't care. Why's he trying? He isn't even trying. He just wants you to stop because you're annoying. She continued to convince herself that he truly didn't care. He wants to get this session over with. Then he won't have to be with me. I can understand that, though... I mean, why do I have to be me? Her breaths quickened, and she shuffled her paws as if preparing to run away - but she didn't. She was afraid of moving, for a reason she did not know.

While Grousestar continued to talk about the bird within the trees, Featherpaw's breathing was becoming stable. However, her breaths remained slightly labored as if lacking the energy to breathe properly. Her chest would rise and fall in a shaky motion, and her entire body trembled. She took a risk, barely raising her chin to stare at the blackbird. From the corner of her eye, she could see Grousestar staring at the bird as well. But unlike her, he had a kit-like fascination with the bird - she found him and his reaction with the bird to be absolutely adorable. Featherpaw studied the black-feathered prey, wondering what was so amazing about it. Luckily, the bird became a distraction, and her anxiety was forgotten.

She could feel the tomcat's tail brushing against her side in a soothing rhythm, offering her warmth and comfort in which she appreciated. Featherpaw exhaled heavily, blinking at the animal of flight. It wasn't completely black, a few flecks in it's feathers being shades of gray. It's eyes were round, and and a yellow-orange - frightening, actually. It's pointed peak matched the color of it's eyes. However, it was a gorgeous animal. Her gaze fluttered to it's wings, tucked to it's side. Her jaw dropped slightly as she began to understand Grousestar's feelings towards the bird. She imagined it's wings spreading, the feathers twitching as it did so. It would launch itself off the ground, producing a pathetic excuse for a cloud of dust as it's feet left the ground. The wings would be a blur as they swung up and down, gaining height. Reaching towards the sky, flying away from all it's troubles. It would be free.

``I - I want to be a bird. I want to fly away from all my troubles. Far, far away from here,`` Featherpaw murmured in response, her eyes wide in fascination as she imagined herself as a bird, flying away from here. Hope and joy sparkled in her eyes as if her thoughts had become reality. A weak smile was on her face, and her whiskers would twitch whenever her smile faltered. Bird. I want to be a bird.
Old January 25th, 2017, 04:14 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:
Featherpaw fought to balance her shaky breaths, her gaze locked on the ground before her as she struggled to focus. She was genuinely grateful for Grousestar's company, although there was that ounce of irritation in her in which she felt for him. Shut up! But as quickly as it had grown, her frustration with him disappeared - which was quick. It was replaced with self-pity and sadness. He doesn't know. He doesn't care. Why's he trying? He isn't even trying. He just wants you to stop because you're annoying. She continued to convince herself that he truly didn't care. He wants to get this session over with. Then he won't have to be with me. I can understand that, though... I mean, why do I have to be me? Her breaths quickened, and she shuffled her paws as if preparing to run away - but she didn't. She was afraid of moving, for a reason she did not know.

While Grousestar continued to talk about the bird within the trees, Featherpaw's breathing was becoming stable. However, her breaths remained slightly labored as if lacking the energy to breathe properly. Her chest would rise and fall in a shaky motion, and her entire body trembled. She took a risk, barely raising her chin to stare at the blackbird. From the corner of her eye, she could see Grousestar staring at the bird as well. But unlike her, he had a kit-like fascination with the bird - she found him and his reaction with the bird to be absolutely adorable. Featherpaw studied the black-feathered prey, wondering what was so amazing about it. Luckily, the bird became a distraction, and her anxiety was forgotten.

She could feel the tomcat's tail brushing against her side in a soothing rhythm, offering her warmth and comfort in which she appreciated. Featherpaw exhaled heavily, blinking at the animal of flight. It wasn't completely black, a few flecks in it's feathers being shades of gray. It's eyes were round, and and a yellow-orange - frightening, actually. It's pointed peak matched the color of it's eyes. However, it was a gorgeous animal. Her gaze fluttered to it's wings, tucked to it's side. Her jaw dropped slightly as she began to understand Grousestar's feelings towards the bird. She imagined it's wings spreading, the feathers twitching as it did so. It would launch itself off the ground, producing a pathetic excuse for a cloud of dust as it's feet left the ground. The wings would be a blur as they swung up and down, gaining height. Reaching towards the sky, flying away from all it's troubles. It would be free.

``I - I want to be a bird. I want to fly away from all my troubles. Far, far away from here,`` Featherpaw murmured in response, her eyes wide in fascination as she imagined herself as a bird, flying away from here. Hope and joy sparkled in her eyes as if her thoughts had become reality. A weak smile was on her face, and her whiskers would twitch whenever her smile faltered. Bird. I want to be a bird.
{Jeez I am so sorry about how late this reply is x.x"}

As patient as ever, the tom, after speaking to her, remained quiet knowing that sometimes things simply needed to sort themselves out, she needed to be the one to tell her mind to calm down because it wouldn't matter what he said, in the end it was her who had to be the one to calm herself back down. Grousestar could only help but so much, but he would most certainly try his best to help as much as he could. The tom couldn't imagine the whirlwind of fear that was going on in her mind right now, but he knew it couldn't be good, he couldn't imagine the thoughts that were there in her mind, be he guessed that they could be ones of frustration, or of denial, ones that berated herself. He could talk all he wanted, but again, in the end, it would have to be her who stops these thoughts.

With his attention focused on the bird, he swiveled his left ear just slightly, noticing that her breaths were starting to become more stable, hoping that this was a sign that she was beating her mental demons, that she was overcoming this small breakdown, knowing that she was a strong cat, that she just didn't know it yet. But meanwhile, he spoke about the bird, allowing himself to become nearly entranced by it, fascinated by it and truly admiring it just like he always did. He wished that he could be as graceful, as elegant as that bird, to have the wisdom of it that only a bird could have. Many cats didn't like to think of them as anything but prey, but he saw them as fragile messengers that spoke and flew with the wind, telling warnings of rain, of danger, of anything going on in the forest with their own language that in its own were songs.

As the sunlight hit the black part of the birds feathers, a beautiful, glossy purple seemed to reflect the light back, making the creature even more beautiful in the leaders eyes, causing his smile to brighten considerably as the creature cawed out in it's strange language. Everything about that bird, everything, was beautiful to Grousestar. The way it moved, the colors, the way the light flooded over it's glossy feathers to give it a touch of new color, the way it's beaks and eyes set it apart from it's otherwise black body and even the way it spoke. It wasn't like the song of other birds, it was solely unique to that single species, the small series of chirps, the four whistles that increased in pitch in the last two whistles and the way the calls seemed to fill the forest after just one lets out a single chirp. The entire thing was amazing to him and he found it a shame that not everyone could truly admire the beautify of this bird, or any bird in general.
The blackbird turned on the branch, calling out into the forest, it's wings opening as if it thought about taking off before folding back to it's side and the bird turning back around on the branch, cocking it's head at the two cats in the training grounds.

Grousestar's ears swiveled as he heard Featherpaw speak up, his head turning slightly and his gentle green eyes focusing on her, allowing her to finish before turning his gaze back up to the bird.
"I once wanted to be a bird too. So that I could fly wherever I wanted, as free as ever, and speak in song, warning others of danger." And sometimes, the brown tabby still thought about his naive desire to be a bird, fond memories of his kithood, imagining that he was a raven and making silly chirping sounds as he raced around his mother, pretending that was flying and warning other birds of a cat in the forest. The thought brought a fond smile to his muzzle, his whiskers quivering a bit as he recollected the memory.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old January 27th, 2017, 04:06 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
{Jeez I am so sorry about how late this reply is x.x"}

As patient as ever, the tom, after speaking to her, remained quiet knowing that sometimes things simply needed to sort themselves out, she needed to be the one to tell her mind to calm down because it wouldn't matter what he said, in the end it was her who had to be the one to calm herself back down. Grousestar could only help but so much, but he would most certainly try his best to help as much as he could. The tom couldn't imagine the whirlwind of fear that was going on in her mind right now, but he knew it couldn't be good, he couldn't imagine the thoughts that were there in her mind, be he guessed that they could be ones of frustration, or of denial, ones that berated herself. He could talk all he wanted, but again, in the end, it would have to be her who stops these thoughts.

With his attention focused on the bird, he swiveled his left ear just slightly, noticing that her breaths were starting to become more stable, hoping that this was a sign that she was beating her mental demons, that she was overcoming this small breakdown, knowing that she was a strong cat, that she just didn't know it yet. But meanwhile, he spoke about the bird, allowing himself to become nearly entranced by it, fascinated by it and truly admiring it just like he always did. He wished that he could be as graceful, as elegant as that bird, to have the wisdom of it that only a bird could have. Many cats didn't like to think of them as anything but prey, but he saw them as fragile messengers that spoke and flew with the wind, telling warnings of rain, of danger, of anything going on in the forest with their own language that in its own were songs.

As the sunlight hit the black part of the birds feathers, a beautiful, glossy purple seemed to reflect the light back, making the creature even more beautiful in the leaders eyes, causing his smile to brighten considerably as the creature cawed out in it's strange language. Everything about that bird, everything, was beautiful to Grousestar. The way it moved, the colors, the way the light flooded over it's glossy feathers to give it a touch of new color, the way it's beaks and eyes set it apart from it's otherwise black body and even the way it spoke. It wasn't like the song of other birds, it was solely unique to that single species, the small series of chirps, the four whistles that increased in pitch in the last two whistles and the way the calls seemed to fill the forest after just one lets out a single chirp. The entire thing was amazing to him and he found it a shame that not everyone could truly admire the beautify of this bird, or any bird in general.
The blackbird turned on the branch, calling out into the forest, it's wings opening as if it thought about taking off before folding back to it's side and the bird turning back around on the branch, cocking it's head at the two cats in the training grounds.

Grousestar's ears swiveled as he heard Featherpaw speak up, his head turning slightly and his gentle green eyes focusing on her, allowing her to finish before turning his gaze back up to the bird.
"I once wanted to be a bird too. So that I could fly wherever I wanted, as free as ever, and speak in song, warning others of danger." And sometimes, the brown tabby still thought about his naive desire to be a bird, fond memories of his kithood, imagining that he was a raven and making silly chirping sounds as he raced around his mother, pretending that was flying and warning other birds of a cat in the forest. The thought brought a fond smile to his muzzle, his whiskers quivering a bit as he recollected the memory.
[ No, it's fine! Don't worry about it, honestly. c= ]

Featherpaw stared at the bird in wonder as it's gaze rested on her and her mentor.It's gaze was piercing, like it knew something she did not. She couldn't help but meet it's prying eyes, searching for something that was not there. She hadn't realized she'd been holding her breath during her staring match with the bird, and she was quick to exhale. Holding her breath reminded her of her previous episode of panic, and she didn't want to think about that. She couldn't even bear looking at Grousestar who had experienced her internal attack; embarrassment kept her from looking at him. So when he spoke, she kept her gaze on the bird.

Featherpaw allowed a weak smile when he admitted he once shared her wants. But her smile faltered when she told herself he simply made up that story - perhaps so she wouldn't explain any further, or because he wanted the conversation to end quicker. Deciding to help him, she murmured hoarsely, ``Why d-don't we start training?`` Although she wasn't exactly eager to jump back into the thing that caused her attack, she was uncomfortable talking with someone - especially someone who preferred not to talk to her. That's everyone, she reminded herself. Featherpaw did, though, want to end the session - for Grousestar's sake. It couldn't be good for him to be with someone like herself.

Overpowering her fear of moving, Featherpaw shuffled away from Grousestar, removing her gaze from the bird. Now, her gaze was locked on her forepaws which shifted on the ground uneasily. She stood a tail-length or so from her mentor, much too fearful of moving to move any more. Although she asked the tomcat to begin training again, she wasn't ready to. Her reasons for everything she chose to do were complex - too complicated to explain. But she knew that even if she wasn't ready to train, she wanted the session to be finished. She wanted to return to Camp and curl in her nest, dreaming of being an animal of flight. Dreaming of flying away from all her fears, flying away from everything that brought her pain.
Old February 9th, 2017, 06:21 AM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

@Empress Of Evil
Chirppaw padded warily into the training area, her long well groomed pelt messed up and knotted. She looked down at the cream colored fur and released a grunt of disgust. She hated, above anything else, having a messy pelt. It wasn't her fault that she was almost completely devoted to her fur, her mother he started it, by teaching her how to groom it, how to care for it, and why she had too care for it. After that, she just took it on and couldn't help herself, plus she hated when it got tangles because they hurt when she had to work them out later. Her warm honey colored hues scanned the area, with no sign of her mentor. She shrugged and turned down to straighten out her pelt. With each stroke she placed, she purred. This had just become habit for her. Her pelt mattered almost everything to her. It was a display of beauty for her, and also a way to flaunt out to her piers. She liked showing off her beautiful fur, it made her feel special.

As Chirppaw cleaned her creamy fur, her thoughts began rolling, and she realized how hard this was probably going to be for her. She liked being in control. She liked making the orders. She liked telling others what to do and what not to do. Sure she was proud that Grousestar had assigned Auroraflame to be her mentor, and she had always assumed that she would be easy going on a friend. But the more she thought, the more insecurities worked their way in. Maybe it wasn't a good thing after all. What if the best apprentices get assigned to regular warriors because they don't need that much help. Then that would make the worst apprentices the ones of the leader and deputy, with the worst of the worst assigned as medicine cat because, seriously, who wanted to spend all day cramped inside a filthy smelly den treating disgusting cuts and horrible sicknesses? Sure the medicine cats were necessary, but never would she ever want to spend time there, yuck!
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old February 9th, 2017, 06:53 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Povenshout padded into the area excitedly. this was his first apprentice! He was determined to not screw it up. His blue eyes shined as he turned to Blackpaw, smiling. "This is the training plateu," he mewed, his voice quivering with excitement as he spoke,"this is where we'll spend a lot of our time battle training and hunting moves, and we'll go in the territory later if you'd like to maybe practice your first hunt." the cream tom couldn't stop smiling because he could now share all of his excitement with someone.
@Immacat
Old February 9th, 2017, 07:03 PM

My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfybro View Post
Povenshout padded into the area excitedly. this was his first apprentice! He was determined to not screw it up. His blue eyes shined as he turned to Blackpaw, smiling. "This is the training plateu," he mewed, his voice quivering with excitement as he spoke,"this is where we'll spend a lot of our time battle training and hunting moves, and we'll go in the territory later if you'd like to maybe practice your first hunt." the cream tom couldn't stop smiling because he could now share all of his excitement with someone.
@Immacat
''Why he looks so content with that...Well, this is not important at all...'' thought the tom serious, when he approached from his mentor, he asked ''We will train fighting?'' Blackpaw meowed, and yawned lazily, ''It's better be fight, it's better be a fight, it's better be a fight!...'' he screamed mentally, he knew that he was really bad at hunting, and can stress someone easily with his terrible ways, one day a cat said that he hunt like a kit, and he thought that this cat was not wrong at all.
Old February 9th, 2017, 07:53 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immacat View Post
''Why he looks so content with that...Well, this is not important at all...'' thought the tom serious, when he approached from his mentor, he asked ''We will train fighting?'' Blackpaw meowed, and yawned lazily, ''It's better be fight, it's better be a fight, it's better be a fight!...'' he screamed mentally, he knew that he was really bad at hunting, and can stress someone easily with his terrible ways, one day a cat said that he hunt like a kit, and he thought that this cat was not wrong at all.
"We'll try a few moves sure, then practice a hunting crouch and see if we can bring back anything to the fresh kill pile." he mewed,"Though I'm a terrible hunter so i can promise anything." he chuckled. He made his way over to a more clear spot in the platu,tail twitching,"Ready to start?"